Question for Round Earthers: Why are you here?

• 51 Replies
Question for Round Earthers: Why are you here?
« on: January 07, 2019, 05:50:24 AM »
As a round earth believer, why are you here?

I came here to see why people would believe such a thing as flat earth, and maybe to show them why what they believe has to be wrong.

But after being here a while, I realize that Flat Earthers have decided so many true things are false, that there is no hope of convincing them of anything. Think about it. To believe in flat earth you have to deny photos of earth from space. That means you have to deny satellites. That means you have to deny Newton's laws of motion. You have to deny gravity. You have to deny NASA and anything has done.

So you have to make up "theories" to account for all the things that are explained by use of satellites. How to fake the ISS.  How to account for GPS. How to explain no correct map. Ice Walls. Armies preventing Antarctica travel. On and on it goes.

So I have two questions for other round earthers:

1.  Do you know of any Flat Earther who has changed their mind based on logic and reason?

2. Why do you bother to keep trying?

Re: Question for Round Earthers: Why are you here?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:03:54 AM »

1.  Do you know of any Flat Earther who has changed their mind based on logic and reason?

2. Why do you bother to keep trying?

Those are fair questions.

The answer to 1. is yes, I do. cikljamas. He still steadfastly insists the earth is stationary, but no longer believes it's flat.

2. Sometimes people will be genuinely interested in the answer to questions like "how do we know the earth really is a globe?" and, after googling a term like "flat earth", are likely to find this site. Pointing out the flaws in poppycock like Rowbotham's explanations for phenomena provides insight that might go unnoticed by some, but are obvious once most people think about it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:02:28 AM »
I have been a member of this forum for a very long time, so I have a pretty good idea about the reasons some RE are here.

Some of them came here to see what we're like, they stayed because they enjoy the debate.

Some of them came here to make fun of us. Some of those people are still here, and don't bother to get to know anyone.

Some of them came here to make fun of us, but like it so much here and they started liking the people. They become one of us, even though they don't believe in FE.

Some of them are here because they're offended by our existence.

Some are here with the goal of changing people's minds. Sometimes they leave in frustration. Sometimes they find value in the existence of this forum because it allows a person the chance to research and argue their points.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

JCM

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 09:20:16 AM »
I came here out of curiosity.  I am staying for now because it has actually improved my life some.  I have given up even mobile gaming nearly entirely due to this forum so it is both entertaining and educational for me.  I donít post very much and before that I just lurked for a few years before even making an account.  I actually learn a lot about how things work or get clarification on many topics through this site and the resources cited by some of its debaters.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 09:31:09 AM »
Hang out while I have a coffee.  Got used the regular characters and it's a bit of a daily soap opera.

I came here to see why people would believe such a thing as flat earth, and maybe to show them why what they believe has to be wrong.
Same, but quickly realised most of the people purporting to believe in a flat earth are just LARPing.  Or less generously, trolling.  Or more generously, challenging our lazy preconceptions.

There are a few genuine idiots and insane who really believe, but they don't tend to last here very long.  With a few notable exceptions.  Then again, it's hard to tell if anyone is sincere on the internet - one member I thought was a genuine flattie with mental health issues turned out to be a sock puppet of another member.  Have a look for "dual earth theory" to see what they came up with.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 11:25:59 AM »
I came here because i saw fet on the news.
I signed up to do battle with jane after reading about poison bread.
I stick around waiting for scepti to respond to how he breathes.

JackBlack

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 11:55:15 AM »
Clickjamas was a FEer that realised they were wrong and accepted Earth is round. But they are still yet to accept it rotates or orbits the sun.

But remember, there are more than just 2 types of people.
There are those that fully believe Earth is flat and basically nothing will change their mind.
There are those that fully accept Earth is round and basically nothing short of rock solid evidence against it will change their mind.
But then there are those between, that likely do accept Earth is round, but don't fully understand the reasons mankind knows Earth is round, or fully understand the model.
If all they see is FEers preaching, these people could easily be conned by the FEers into thinking Earth is flat, possibly to the point of no return.

All it takes for BS to triumph is for intelligent people to say nothing.

I am here for that, and because sometimes it provides a mental challenge.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 11:58:46 AM »

I came here because like yourself I was curious as to how people could think the earth is flat. I found out that they don't, in general. Not the ones who run this show, anyway.

I drop by fairly regularly as it's quite entertaining. I've learnt stuff as well, mainly because it's prompted my own research.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 12:13:05 PM »
Clickjamas was a FEer that realised they were wrong and accepted Earth is round. But they are still yet to accept it rotates or orbits the sun.

There are those that fully believe Earth is flat and basically nothing will change their mind.
There are those that fully accept Earth is round and basically nothing short of rock solid evidence against it will change their mind.
But then there are those between, that likely do accept Earth is round, but don't fully understand the reasons mankind knows Earth is round, or fully understand the model.
If all they see is FEers preaching, these people could easily be conned by the FEers into thinking Earth is flat, possibly to the point of no return.

Jackb is the hero that annoys but a hero we need
Ha

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 02:58:35 PM »
I am an angry globetardulist.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 11:21:08 PM »
I came here to send boydster PMs.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 11:48:57 PM »

And yet, you get your arse handed to you over and over. All good though, I enjoy the sparring  :)

In all seriousness though, just how many people do you think you have persuaded?

I came here as a Globe Earther, but then slowly realised that what we dont know about our universe, far exceeds what we do know. There is no way mankind in the 21st century has enough information. We are always learning. And always finding out that what we thought we knew before was wrong or incomplete. We will be in a better position to understand once we incorporate A.I and allow ourselves to be governed and led by an A.S.I. A machine whose intelligence exceeds our own by a factor of billions.

There, we will look back at how primitive man truly was in the 21st century and laugh at the thought that they thought they were intelligent. Except we wont be laughing as all our emotions will be flattened like that of Star Treks 'Vulcans' when we go full A.I.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 01:26:44 AM »
And yet, you get your arse handed to you over and over.
I see you are projecting again.

?

Spanky

• Earth is flat.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 02:56:37 AM »
I just enjoy seeing how far flat Earthers can go to explain away evidence and see how abnormal logic can persist in a society. This is important for understanding the reason for persistance of fallacies in the real world.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 02:54:06 PM »
I came here as a Globe Earther, but then slowly realised that what we dont know about our universe, far exceeds what we do know. There is no way mankind in the 21st century has enough information. We are always learning. And always finding out that what we thought we knew before was wrong or incomplete. We will be in a better position to understand once we incorporate A.I and allow ourselves to be governed and led by an A.S.I. A machine whose intelligence exceeds our own by a factor of billions.

There, we will look back at how primitive man truly was in the 21st century and laugh at the thought that they thought they were intelligent. Except we wont be laughing as all our emotions will be flattened like that of Star Treks 'Vulcans' when we go full A.I.
Who denies that "what we dont know about our universe, far exceeds what we do know"?

But what does this have to do with what we do know of the current shape of the earth in the 3D space that we can observe?

Claiming that "There is no way mankind in the 21st century has enough information" to know the shape of an easily observed and measured object is ridiculous.

Details of the shape and measurements of the earth have accumulated over some 2500 years and those observations have converged on the current almost spherical shape and that is the shape that has been observed from the earliest views from space.

So what has been learned of the earth's shape has been confirmed by observations from space.

All your claims about your A.S.I. are nothing more than guesswork on someone's part. Maybe it will turn out that way and maybe it won't turn out according to you guesses.
Unless you are claiming that you, now, have superhuman powers and then . . . . . . . ;D ;D ;D

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 03:15:07 PM »

Who denies that "what we dont know about our universe, far exceeds what we do know"?

But what does this have to do with what we do know of the current shape of the earth in the 3D space that we can observe?

Claiming that "There is no way mankind in the 21st century has enough information" to know the shape of an easily observed and measured object is ridiculous.

Details of the shape and measurements of the earth have accumulated over some 2500 years and those observations have converged on the current almost spherical shape and that is the shape that has been observed from the earliest views from space.

So what has been learned of the earth's shape has been confirmed by observations from space.

All your claims about your A.S.I. are nothing more than guesswork on someone's part. Maybe it will turn out that way and maybe it won't turn out according to you guesses.
Unless you are claiming that you, now, have superhuman powers and then . . . . . . . ;D ;D ;D

I dont have super human powers. Not yet anyway.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »

Granted you have no super powers, but that remark you made about handling Some OZ persons arse was quite disturbing. Did you wash your hands afterwards? And what compelled you to handle it in the first place? Is arse handling some kind of flatino ritual?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 03:41:38 PM »

Granted you have no super powers, but that remark you made about handling Some OZ persons arse was quite disturbing. Did you wash your hands afterwards? And what compelled you to handle it in the first place? Is arse handling some kind of flatino ritual?

Clearly, the use of expressions goes over your head. A sign of dimwittedness

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=having%20your%20ass%20handed%20to%20you
having your ass handed to you
Getting completely, utterly and totally beaten, defeated and crushed at a game, challenge or debate. Often computer based. Can be extended through the phrase

Know your place

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 02:29:39 AM »

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=having%20your%20ass%20handed%20to%20you
Getting completely, utterly and totally beaten, defeated and crushed at a game, challenge or debate. Often computer based. Can be extended through the phrase

You were first to mention arse handling......for the record.

As to winning an argument, I donít think you have the intellectual ability. In the past to squeeze your way out of any difficult to counter argument you have always fallen back on your silly superior intelligent AI clap trap! Delusional or a coward....one or the other.

To bolster your own inadequate sense of self worth you tag meaningless idiotic drivel on to your forum identity you list all the forum visitors you have vanquished in textural combat! Sure sign of an idaequate personality.

Ok mr Shifter what topic would you care to debate on? Without of course playing your superior funture intelligence running away get out of jail card?
[size=78%] [/size]

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 02:34:32 AM »

Itís called witt as in witty......something your subterranean brain no doubt has problems with, what with you not having gone through any kind of indoctrination!......which I have to say shows.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 02:45:19 AM »

Itís called witt as in witty......something your subterranean brain no doubt has problems with, what with you not having gone through any kind of indoctrination!......which I have to say shows.

This is not the first time you have posted 2 replies on the same thing. The first post sounds like you thought you were in your rabinoz account lol. It's so obvious your a loser alt

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 02:52:02 AM »
The first post sounds like you thought you were in your rabinoz account lol. It's so obvious your a loser alt
Since I have no alts that would be impossible. If you do you are lying because you have no evidence for such an accusation.
But it is a common tactic of both you and your lord and Master, Mr Wise.

Bye bye shitler.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 03:24:58 AM »
It doesn't strike you as odd he replies twice to the same post and each post has a completely different tone? Of course you would deny it, it's a bammable offense. Lonegranger is a loser anyway, and definitely someone's alt.

*I have no manners
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:36:52 AM by Ski »

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 03:28:07 AM »
It doesn't strike you as odd he replies twice to the same post and each post has a completely different tone?
Well, that's not my problem.

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 04:54:14 AM »
I am here for entertainment. I mainly browse this debates section of the forum, and I find it quite funny. I also find it as a good source for learning about ways to show that the earth is round. ;D
A disk is round.
A sphere is also round.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 10:53:13 AM »

I have changed my mind many times on conjectures and theory when presented with new evidence debunking it.

More than this, every flatist has become one due to changing their mind based on logic and reason. The issue you might be seeing is that the average round earther is unable to support his view in even the most rudimentary way, and so there is no need to change ones mind when confronted with incorrect babble about a round earth
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

JackBlack

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 01:06:00 PM »
More than this, every flatist has become one due to changing their mind based on logic and reason.
No they haven't, as no one has ever been able to provide any logic or reason indicating Earth is flat. Instead they just have the same illogical nonsense.

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 01:52:44 PM »
It doesn't strike you as odd he replies twice to the same post and each post has a completely different tone? Of course you would deny it, it's a bammable offense. Lonegranger is a loser anyway, and definitely someone's alt.

*I have no manners

Look out! the straw you were clutching in your feeble grip has just dropped!

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 01:55:15 PM »

I have changed my mind many times on conjectures and theory when presented with new evidence debunking it.

More than this, every flatist has become one due to changing their mind based on logic and reason. The issue you might be seeing is that the average round earther is unable to support his view in even the most rudimentary way, and so there is no need to change ones mind when confronted with incorrect babble about a round earth

Could you give an example of some of this evidence that you have found mind changing. Iím sure many of the visitors to this forum, including myself, would find this of great interest.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 09:11:35 PM »
Oh, old lone granger. You'll get there some day. Keep trying.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.