SpaceX rocket launch?

• 22 Replies
SpaceX rocket launch?
« on: January 01, 2019, 03:26:39 PM »
Does any of SpaceX's rocket launches prove that the earth is a sphere and not flat? For instance Falcon Heavy:

Or are SpaceX in on the conspiracy too?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: SpaceX rocket launch?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 06:48:55 PM »
Does any of SpaceX's rocket launches prove that the earth is a sphere and not flat? For instance Falcon Heavy:

Of course ;)!
The flat-earth "movement" only survives by adhering to the following philosophy in some form or other.
Quote from: The Flat Earth Society Wiki
Place of the Conspiracy in FET
Flat Earthers start with the knowledge that the earth is flat
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Essentially the reasoning boils down to -
P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence must have been fabricated
P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth
(my emphasis)

Now rather obviously, no one person can ever gather enough information by their own observations to prove the shape and motion of the earth.
So most of this information is "personally unverifiable evidence" contradicting the "obvious truth" of "Flat Earth Theory".

Hence, in the mind of "true" flat-earthers" any evidence against "Flat Earth Theory" that they have not personally verified is "fabricated".
Just look at sceptimatic's responses in this thread: Intercontinental ballistic missile « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 08:00:05 PM ».
Sceptimatic is an extreme case but you get the drift.
His objections are mainly on a personal incredulity basis but I don't think he can let himself accept anything that doesn't fit his world view.

Somehow all these countries and independent companies launching satellites collude to "hide the true shape of the earth".
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:52:15 PM by rabinoz »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:59:43 AM »

SpaceX had a program actually proved the earth's being flat. But after that, NASA has awaken the danger of Spacex and gave money to Elon Musk. After that spaceX has joined the side of satans.

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 02:03:04 AM »
SpaceX had a program actually proved the earth's being flat.
Incorrect. SpaceX never had any program that proved the earth's being flat.
Quote from: wise

That was not a SpaceX rocket and it did not hit any dome!

JackBlack

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 02:13:39 AM »
No it didn't. The video you provided has nothign to do with spaceX, and it doesn't show any rocket hitting any dome.
If it hit a dome at that speed it would have been destroyed, not simply stop spinning.
Even after it has "hit" your imaginary dome, it still continues moving upwards.
That is just a de-spinning mechanism deploying.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 02:20:16 AM »
No it didn't. The video you provided has nothign to do with spaceX, and it doesn't show any rocket hitting any dome.
If it hit a dome at that speed it would have been destroyed, not simply stop spinning.
Even after it has "hit" your imaginary dome, it still continues moving upwards.
That is just a de-spinning mechanism deploying.

Awesome, dude.
You appear to have a complete working knowledge of dome properties.

Go on and explain all of the properties of the dome as you know them to be.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 02:54:27 AM »

SpaceX had a program actually proved the earth's being flat. But after that, NASA has awaken the danger of Spacex and gave money to Elon Musk. After that spaceX has joined the side of satans.

Could be hitting a dome. But more probably and practically it's Yo-yo de-spin. Pretty common in rocketry and satellite deployment.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 03:21:40 AM »

Awesome, dude.
You appear to have a complete working knowledge of dome properties.

Go on and explain all of the properties of the dome as you know them to be.
Little Aussie: Teacher, teacher can I answer that one?
        Teacher: Certainly, Little Aussie!
Little Aussie: Teacher, there isn't any dome! Only flerfers say silly things that.
        Teacher:  That's right, Little Aussie. here put another Gold Star in your merit book!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 04:28:00 AM »

Could be hitting a dome. But more probably and practically it's Yo-yo de-spin. Pretty common in rocketry and satellite deployment.

Funny see someone believe Yo-yo de-spin's cause the hitting dome affect. For cause stop the rocket to stop did you ever calculate which speed of lifting speed of satellite has to be? Come on, it is a nonsence. Everything seem simple, it crashes then stops, it is simple like this.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 05:18:08 AM »

Funny see someone believe Yo-yo de-spin's cause the hitting dome affect. For cause stop the rocket to stop did you ever calculate which speed of lifting speed of satellite has to be? Come on, it is a nonsence. Everything seem simple, it crashes then stops, it is simple like this.
Sure, it's "Funny see someone believe Yo-yo de-spin's cause the hitting dome affect" because it really is!

The video you show deceptively ends just after the yoyo de-spin and does not show the rest of the ascent but
look carefully at the following video you will find that it stops spinning but it does not stop ascending!

SpaceLoft-7 launch and de-spin video
This one presents the time of de-spin at T + 55.8 secs and 212,500 ft (about 65 km) and Mach 3.3 (still rising very fast!)
                                       and the apogee at T + 165 secs and 119 km.

Now, Wise, face the facts! Those rockets do not hit any dome!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:08:33 AM by rabinoz »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 07:48:50 AM »
The video has been posted and debunked many times. As stated, it’s a despin mechanism.

As for spacex. Seems the launches are so common they don’t make the news like they used to.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

JackBlack

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 12:19:09 PM »
Funny see someone believe Yo-yo de-spin's cause the hitting dome affect.
No. The only change is that it stopped spinning.
There is absolutely no reason to think it has hit any dome.

For cause stop the rocket to stop
It didn't stop, just stop spinning.

did you ever calculate which speed of lifting speed of satellite has to be?
What are you talking about?

Come on, it is a nonsence. Everything seem simple, it crashes then stops, it is simple like this.
Yes, everything you say seems to be nonsense.
It doesn't crash. It doesn't stop.
It is flying up using its fuel. When its fuel is expended it uses its despining mechanism.
All that does is stop it spinning, it keeps going up.
If it was crashing, the rocket would be destroyed and wouldn't keep going up.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 12:34:07 PM »

Unless the dome is made out of jello, wouldn't the rocket have been destroyed upon impact? Much like this:

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 09:37:04 PM »
Let's try again with a longer video explaining what happened to that rocket.

Sure, it's "Funny see someone believe Yo-yo de-spin's cause the hitting dome affect" because it really is!

The video you show deceptively ends just after the yoyo de-spin and does not show the rest of the ascent but
look carefully at this longer video you will find that it they recovered the rocket after descending by parachute.

Rocket hitting the flat earth dome... Explained! GeoShifter
At 2:50 the rocket can be seen with the nose-cone undamaged. See below this screen-shot.

Rocket intact after claimed hitting of the "Dome".

That rocket do not hit any dome!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 10:00:30 PM »
See below this screen-shot.

Finally, a dome expert is going to speak . . .
What would a rocket look like after interacting with the dome?

JackBlack

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 10:10:16 PM »
Like this jet after hitting the wall:

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 11:10:15 PM »
See below this screen-shot.

Finally, a dome expert is going to speak . . .
I had thought that rather obvious!

Maybe we need Brother of the Dome back - maybe he could tell us.
Quote from: Bullwinkle
]
It looks like I must give my tl;dr version:

If you want me to put in my penny's worth you tell me if the "Dome" is solid or liquid then:
  • If it is a solid tell me it's Mohr's hardness, shear strength, elastic modulus and density.
  • If it is liquid tell me it's density and viscosity.
That would do to estimate the likely damage if I had the slightest idea of what I'm talking about.

But all it not lost, the clone of BoTD,  Wise has given us a clue.
Come on, it is a nonsence. Everything seem simple, it crashes then stops, it is simple like this.
Now our "Dome expert" claims "Everything seem simple, it crashes then stops, it is simple like this".
How much time elapses for during our expert's "it crashes then stops" but let's estimate one second.
Now we can get an idea of the velocity of the rocket from the "top speed of 3,420 mph (1529 m/s)" just before flame out for a similar Go-Fast flight from:
At 10.5 seconds into the flight and with the motor still burning and producing 1,500 lbs of thrust the vehicle hit a top speed of 3,420 mph and just over Mach 5 setting a new amateur speed record.
It probably slowed a little before "hitting the dome" so round that down to 1500 m/s.

So when it "hit the dome" (Yoyo despin? ) and "it crashes then stops" it slowed from 1500 m/s to 0 (stops!).
It turn out to be so easy with the help of our "Dome Afficianado".

The needs a deceleration rate of 1500 m/s2 or 153 x g - I think that nose-cone would be demolished!

So the only conclusion seems to be that the rocket do not hit any dome!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 11:19:26 PM »

If you want me to put in my penny's worth you tell me if the "Dome" is solid or liquid . . .

You made a claim.

You back it up.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 01:45:29 AM »
No rocket could hit the dome because no rocket could reach it before disintegrating or losing its thrust or spending all of its fuel well before.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 02:09:03 AM »

If you want me to put in my penny's worth you tell me if the "Dome" is solid or liquid . . .
You made a claim.
You back it up.
I made no claim that depended on the  "Dome" being solid or liquid. The results I gave were based on Wise's claim. Remember this?
But all it not lost, the clone of BoTD,  Wise has given us a clue.
Now our "Dome expert" claims "Everything seem simple, it crashes then stops, it is simple like this".

In my opinion the idea that the rocket could hit a dome at that altitude is quite ridiculous. If you think otherwise take it up with BoTD (AKA  Wise).

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 12:57:11 AM »

In my opinion the idea that the rocket could hit a dome at that altitude is quite ridiculous. If you think otherwise take it up with BoTD (AKA  Wise).

WTF?

You want me to ask wise what you think?   :o

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 02:36:59 AM »

WTF?

You want me to ask wise what you think?   :o
No, BoTD (AKA  Wise) is the one claiming that the rocket hit the "Dome" and I believe I showed that to quite impossible.

Mattathome

• I love this site, it goes round and round...
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 08:12:48 AM »
No rocket could hit the dome because no rocket could reach it before disintegrating or losing its thrust or spending all of its fuel well before.

But...the video is the offered proof that the dome exists.  If what you state is true, then what did it hit if anything and why would it disintegrate at all?  The claim in the video was that the rocket reached an altitude of 73 miles with some give or take variables, which would mean that the distance to reach this Dome can be measured.  Perhaps only the apex of this Dome can't be reached, but if it's in the shape of a Dome then why not just travel closer to the edge of the Flat Earth and launch a rocket towards where the Dome meets or is there another reason why anyone at all couldn't do that?  Oh wait...

• No Rocket could ever reach the Dome because...reasons
  • We can't go to the Edge either because...Antarctic Treaty reasons
  • No one knows how anything at all will interact with this Dome because...No one has ever or will ever reach it.  It's a magical place

Maybe this video should have been used to challenge the concept that the Earth doesn't spin, or some more in-depth analysis of why the Rocket would return to the surface by means other than gravity since that doesn't exist either.  Instead we get a shit pile of "Look it hit the Dome!!, but didn't crash because we don't know why, and the burden of proof relies on someone proving the Dome doesn't exist because there IS a Dome but we can never reach it."

Following all this and in relation to the OP, the SpaceX program has most likely proven several times over that the Earth we live on is a spinning Globe, with a feint by linking a stupid ass Rocket hit a Dome clip found on You Tube as proof that it's all lies. 
Seeking Truth, but refusal to believe...that is paradoxitradalsensationimorbididiocyalism.

Why are you clicking that?