Is there a problem with our current maps

• 15 Replies
Is there a problem with our current maps
« on: December 31, 2018, 01:55:22 AM »
A number of FE posters have mentioned their intentions of producing an alternative world map.

Ive pointed out in a number of posts how I consider this to be a total impossibility for a number of reasons.

I know there are some FEers who would disagree with my position and I would like to know on what grounds?

Producing an alternative suggests there is something wrong with our current maps. What is allegedly wrong with our current maps and where is the evidence?

(This is not a question about differing illustrative projections as people often get confused about the number on offer. Different projections can result in distortions of different parts of the globe. Which is the reason why there are so many differing illustrative projections in the first place, its due simply to the inherent problem of mapping a spherical world on to a flat sheet of paper that can then be hung on a wall.)

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
Re: Is there a problem with our current maps
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 02:33:01 PM »
From San Fransisco to Hong Kong flight, If the trajectory goes CCW or go south west and there is a moment when the sun appears at the right side of the cockpit, that means globe map has a serious problem.
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 06:52:11 PM »
No, there isn't a problem with our current maps. They seem perfect as long as we deny the so called flights claimed by black listed bad minded aircraft companies.

For more information look at:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=74179.msg2019488#msg2019488
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 07:48:12 PM »
No, there isn't a problem with our current maps. They seem perfect as long as we deny the so called flights claimed by black listed bad minded aircraft companies.
Stop you silly claims about respected airlines that only YOU claim are "black listed bad minded aircraft companies".
You have never posted any credible evidence that QANTAS, Latam, South African Airlines are "black listed bad minded aircraft companies".

Without evidence your words are useless!

Please show your accurate distances from Johannesburg to Perth, Johannesburg to Sydney and Melbourne to Johannesburg.

If you can't do that then admit that your useless map is a total waste of time because it is based on your deception!
Quote from: wise

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=74179.msg2019488#msg2019488
There is no evidence there! It is only your useless excuses for airlines that fly routes that prove your map is wrong.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:55:27 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 11:17:21 PM »
IF the earth were flat, then a world map on an equally flat paper would involve no more mathematics than a simple ratio (e.g., one inch equals one thousand miles) - and every world map would look the same even if they were larger or smaller.  If the earth were flat then a world map would be little more than a floor plan drawn to a reduced scale.  The math required would be extremely simple.

But because the earth is round, flat world maps involve very complicated math, depending on the projection chosen.  There are well over a hundred different choices of map projection - some appropriate for world maps and some appropriate only for maps no larger than a state or province because of the distortions. 

One way of demonstrating that the earth is not flat is that the actual distances between distant cities, altho apparently measurable on flat maps, turn out to be very different from the actual distance covered by airplanes or ships making the actual trip. 

JackBlack

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 12:18:55 AM »
They seem perfect as long as we deny
If you need to deny reality, you have a problem.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 03:34:13 PM »
From San Fransisco to Hong Kong flight, If the trajectory goes CCW or go south west and there is a moment when the sun appears at the right side of the cockpit, that means globe map has a serious problem.

You think?

Danang

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 11:12:37 PM »

Flight from Sao Paulo to Johannesburg (8 hours) is apprixomately like Jakarta to Jeddah (9 hours)

The key of this map is actually on Northern Hemiplane in which official data about distances is like a joke. My fave is to research short distant flights on there.
Ridiculously "motogp's speed beats airplane's speed".

Impossible!  ;D

Danang

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 11:19:28 PM »

You think?

I think so

JackBlack

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 02:11:20 AM »
The key of this map is actually on Northern Hemiplane in which official data about distances is like a joke.
You are no better than Inky. He rejects southern hemisphere, you reject northern.

My fave is to research short distant flights on there.
Where you then completely misunderstand the data.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 02:57:47 PM »

Flight from Sao Paulo to Johannesburg (8 hours) is apprixomately like Jakarta to Jeddah (9 hours)

The key of this map is actually on Northern Hemiplane in which official data about distances is like a joke. My fave is to research short distant flights on there.

Impossible!  ;D

You do realise  that in the northern hemisphere road and rail links connect most of the major cities that are of known fixed length. So which distances do you have a problem with? And which of those have you actually measured? Please elaborate.

Danang

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 03:42:42 AM »

Impossible!  ;D

You do realise  that in the northern hemisphere road and rail links connect most of the major cities that are of known fixed length. So which distances do you have a problem with? And which of those have you actually measured? Please elaborate.

Research for short distant flights will give you plenty of data that suggests the official distance information is wrong, their distances are too short if compared to reality. That's why an airplane speed seems to be ridiculously too slow. In reality no single commercial airplane goes with such a low speed.

Here is a living witness having proved the Phew FE reality >> the more going north, the wider distance per delta longitude degrees.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=78058.msg2108516#msg2108516

Danang

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 03:44:07 AM »
Flight: Gronigen to Bremen >> 151 km in 41 minutes.
An airplane with 151km/(41/60) hour = 220.9 kph. So motogp beats an airplane's speed.
Are you kidding??
You are Brilliant!
I remember the last time I looked out of my window in Gronigen (sic) and decided to go to Bremen, only to find I was already in my leathers with 46 on my lid, and my crew had the M1 fired up with the tyres warm and a surprising amount of fuel on. For some reason I could do race average with lights and traffic and all.
Still took an hour.
Bugger!

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 05:25:06 AM »
Research for short distant flights will give you plenty of data that suggests the official distance information is wrong, their distances are too short if compared to reality.
Don't lie.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JackBlack

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 01:46:27 PM »
Research for short distant flights will give you plenty of data
With this data just showing that you don't understand how flights work.
Every one you have brought up has been shown to fit just fine with the real distances as on the globe.

Here is a living witness having proved the Phew FE reality >> the more going north, the wider distance per delta longitude degrees.
No, we have witness of your incompetence and inability to understand times reported.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 01:12:29 AM »

No, we have witness of your incompetence and inability to understand times reported.

Did you mean: No. You're wrong. Stop lying.