ITT: Provide Proof That There Is A Conspiracy

• 25 Replies
« on: January 12, 2007, 11:09:48 PM »
Oh. You can't.

Flat Earth officially fails at this point.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 11:29:07 PM »
It wouldn't be much of a conspiracy if we had a bunch of proof.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 11:32:41 PM »
But having the proper documentation, it would still help prove your theory, wouldn't it?

You're lack of solid documentation fails your theory.

Also, if there was a conspiracy, that book you guys keep pushing, wouldn't exist. :roll:

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 11:33:39 PM »
Quote from: "Hara Taiki"
But having the proper documentation, it would still help prove your theory, wouldn't it?

Yes.  To bad the conspiracy is better than that.

-- Bob Hudson

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 11:34:37 PM »
Convenient how you failed to answer this:

Quote from: "Me"
Also, if there was a conspiracy, that book you guys keep pushing, wouldn't exist. :roll:

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:35:31 PM »
That was a statement, not a question.

-- Bob Hudson

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 11:37:32 PM »
But it's still open for you to discuss. Since when does it have to be in the form of a question?

Here, I'll make it easier for you.

Quote from: "me, revised"
Also, if there was a conspiracy, that book you guys keep pushing, wouldn't exist, would it? :roll:

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 11:40:50 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

Every other conspiracy ever has proofs. Even the 911 conspiracies had 'proof', and we all know what a load of bull that is.
If you can't think of a single reason that leads you to believe there is a conspiracy, why do you think there is a conspiracy?
And, what possible motive would there be for a conspiracy?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 11:41:58 PM »
Quote from: "CircleTriangles"

Every other conspiracy ever has proofs. Even the 911 conspiracies had 'proof', and we all know what a load of bull that is.

It was proof, but was a bunch of bull?  How does that work?

-- Bob Hudson

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 11:45:02 PM »
Way to ignore my question, this time. :roll:

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 11:51:05 PM »

It was proof, but was a bunch of bull?  How does that work?

It wasn't real evidence, as it was all wrong. But the point is that there was something that lead to the belief that there was a conspiracy, real or not. There was something that the believers could point at and say, 'This is why I think that the government attacked their own building. Just look at the video!' And, even though they were wrong, you could perhaps see where their misconceptions were coming from.
You don't have anything that would lead you to believe there is a conspiracy. You think there is one, but with no grounds, and you don't even try to make a case for why you believe there is a conspiracy in the first place.
There just 'is'.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 11:55:49 PM »
Also, if there was a conspiracy, that book you guys keep pushing, wouldn't exist, would it? :roll:

Why draw attention to it?

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 11:57:31 PM »

You don't have anything that would lead you to believe there is a conspiracy. You think there is one, but with no grounds, and you don't even try to make a case for why you believe there is a conspiracy in the first place.

There is one REALLY BIG pointer:  The earth is flat.  The government says it is round.  That points to a conspiracy.

-- Bob Hudson

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 11:58:34 PM »
Well, you claimed that the gov't is REALLY GOOD at hiding the evidence. But that book seems to suggest good enough evidence to take down the RE model, so wouldn't the conspirators destroy the work? Or have done so already?

But the fact is, they haven't. And that really put's a damper in your conspiracy theory.

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 11:58:48 PM »

Why draw attention to it?

But, if whatever is behind this supposed conspiracy is really so all powerful it can stop us from finding that the 'earth is flat', couldn't they just erase this book from existance, thereby not drawing any attention to it at all?
Oh.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 12:04:01 AM »
A little too late now.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 12:10:55 AM »
A little too late now.

So you're claiming that this organization behind the conspiracy that can somehow program into every computer in the world 'wrong' coordinates that say they are traveling in a different direction than they actually are, as well as convince 98% of the developed world that the earth is round, and keep any sort of proof of any kind from being discovered in favor of the flat earth theory from ever being found (see the 'shock' topic), somehow couldn't keep a book from some unknown author from being printed, published and talked about on the internet?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 12:16:01 AM »
Who is traveling in the wrong direction?

-- Bob Hudson

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 12:16:16 AM »
A little too late now.

So you're claiming that this organization behind the conspiracy that can somehow program into every computer in the world 'wrong' coordinates that say they are traveling in a different direction than they actually are, as well as convince 98% of the developed world that the earth is round, and keep any sort of proof of any kind from being discovered in favor of the flat earth theory from ever being found (see the 'shock' topic), somehow couldn't keep a book from some unknown author from being printed, published and talked about on the internet?

YES!  That is the conspiracy!  You understand it now!  Why does everyone keep arguing about the conspiracy?  STOP ARGUING ABOUT THAT WHICH YOU CANNOT PROVE.  

It's pointless.  And a waste of time.

And it's going to make my head a-splode.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 12:26:49 AM »
I think your missing the point. In fact, you purposly avoided the point by nitpicking on tiny details.

What I'm saying is really very simple. Please try to keep up.

Say that this conspiracy is real. And, I already know you do. Do you think that an organization more powerful (according to your conspiracy-related theories in other topics) than any organization ever known in the history of man, would even allow a website suggesting a Flat Earth to exist?
Using this sort of policy, they would never manage to cover up a conspiracy.
No, this site wouldn't exist, and everyone who ever saw it would be dead.
If you do not believe that this organization is powerful enough to have this done, how can you believe they are powerful enough to cover up the fact that 'the earth is flat'?

NOTE: This isn't directed at you, Toothpaste. I should have used the 'quote'. Oops. U_U

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 12:30:47 AM »
Do you think that an organization more powerful (according to your conspiracy-related theories in other topics) than any organization ever known in the history of man, would even allow a website suggesting a Flat Earth to exist?

Why not?  Are you in any danger of being converted?  Do you know how many people we have converted?  Zero.  If anything, people leave this site with greater knowledge of how the world works and a stronger belief that the earth is round.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 12:40:32 AM »
Do you think that an organization more powerful (according to your conspiracy-related theories in other topics) than any organization ever known in the history of man, would even allow a website suggesting a Flat Earth to exist?

Why not?  Are you in any danger of being converted?  Do you know how many people we have converted?  Zero.  If anything, people leave this site with greater knowledge of how the world works and a stronger belief that the earth is round.

Obviously, websites like this one convinced you that the earth is flat.
Unless *gasp* you don't really believe that.

I have you cornered here. Either you have to admit that you were wrong in your last post (about no one being converted), or you have to admit you don't really believe in Flat Earth.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 12:46:28 AM »
How do you know it was a website that 'converted' me?

To be converted would mean that I felt differently at some point.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 01:10:35 AM »
How do you know it was a website that 'converted' me?

To be converted would mean that I felt differently at some point.

Something must have convinced you at some point. Unless you were just born, and suddenly decided, the moment you could first make consious thought, 'The world is flat'.
For this to be true, at some point, before you had ever heard from anyone that the earth was round, some one told you that the earth is flat.
Then, it is still not true that you were never 'converted', as said person converted you from nuetrality to FE.

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 01:20:08 AM »

There is one REALLY BIG pointer:  The earth is flat.  The government says it is round.  That points to a conspiracy.

I missed this earlier, so I figured I should address it.

See, this is a logical paradox. For Flat Earth to exist, there has to be a conspiracy. For a conspiracy to exist, there has to be a flat earth. So, if you can't prove flat earth, then there is no conspiracy, and if you can't prove conspiracy, then there is no flat earth.
Either prove one or the other, otherwise, neither exists.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 07:40:35 AM »

I missed this earlier, so I figured I should address it.

See, this is a logical paradox. For Flat Earth to exist, there has to be a conspiracy. For a conspiracy to exist, there has to be a flat earth. So, if you can't prove flat earth, then there is no conspiracy, and if you can't prove conspiracy, then there is no flat earth.
Either prove one or the other, otherwise, neither exists.

Really, Circles, that is not right at all.  Just because one can't prove something doesn't mean it's not true.  

Take Godel's theorem:  In any formal logic system there exists a statement that cannot be proven from within the system.