Intercontinental ballistic missile

• 1723 Replies
Re: Intercontinental ballistic missile
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2018, 05:38:53 AM »

As far as cruise missiles are concerned why don’t you speak to someone from Baghdad. I think many of the residents who lived there in 1993 will have direct first hand experience of them.
And what did they tell you?

The dead don’t talk.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2018, 05:49:12 AM »

As far as cruise missiles are concerned why don’t you speak to someone from Baghdad. I think many of the residents who lived there in 1993 will have direct first hand experience of them.

The dead don’t talk.
Well you just asked me to speak to someone from Baghdad, so I'm asking you; what did they tell you?

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2018, 05:58:33 AM »
Yes scepti
We're all gullible massses and you are the enlightened one.
Strange how youre able to see so much truth with your head so far up own ass.
Sorry but if all your nonsense boils down to conspiracy theres about as much debating with you as there is wise and danang.
Credit that english appears to be your first language (despite using some made up definitions) and your responses are slightly more legible.

There will never be enough proof for you conspiracists so quit trolling.

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2018, 06:02:59 AM »
You need to concentrate on your denpressure theory and try to figure out how people manage to breath and why the supposed air resistance in a "vacumm" exists when clearly the feather doesnt flutter.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2018, 06:06:53 AM »
Yes scepti
We're all gullible massses and you are the enlightened one.
Strange how youre able to see so much truth with your head so far up own ass.
Sorry but if all your nonsense boils down to conspiracy theres about as much debating with you as there is wise and danang.
Credit that english appears to be your first language (despite using some made up definitions) and your responses are slightly more legible.

There will never be enough proof for you conspiracists so quit trolling.
We're all gullible, including me.
However, it's all about doing your best to lessen the gullibility load. I'm attempting to do so. Maybe you can try it.

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2018, 06:59:09 AM »
No such thing as an ICBM. It's basically nonsense.
Missiles have so little stored propellant, an arc and height required for intercontinental travel is rendered impossible when logically looked into.

The issue is the fantasy of it being widespread media pushed into the psyche of the general public.
We are a bunch of naive mind absorbent people who basically mimic what's fed to us, which is why things like ICBM's and what not become a mind reality but not a physical reality. In my honest opinion of course.
You're wrong.  I spent ten years in the US Navy; four and half of which I was stationed on the USS Andrew Jackson, a ballistic missile submarine.  My company is currently finishing up the design for new missile sub.  I've been there, seen it, worked on it, and helped design it. 

You on the other hand have only a belief and falsely call it fact...nothing but a lie. 

That's okay.  The so called "flat earth movement" will be undone by space tourism.  The flat earth is doomed by tourists buying their "I orbited the Globe" souvenir tee shirts.

Mike
Were your missiles, ICBM's?

Did you see any launched from your sub?
Do you know how they were launched?
Do you know at what depth is the max launch of those missiles.
How tall were those missiles?

What fuel were they carrying?
I assume those missiles were fully fuelled just in case they had to be deployed in minutes, right?

I'm just being nosey and asking questions. I'll grill you until you start using classified and what not.
We've already been down this road in another thread.  You won't accept anything I have to say so we're not going there again.  Google what you want to know. 

The fact is you have an unsupportable opinion and I have real world experience...you have belief and I have fact, you have claims and I have knowledge. 

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

JackBlack

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2018, 11:58:29 AM »
I have no real plausibility other than questioning and a massive dose of scepticism based on my own logical sense.
Again, the problem is that your argument isn't based upon any logic.

but seeing as you mention they don't launch from depths, then subs sitting in the middle of the sea with ready launch ability in the event of a supposed nuclear war to supposedly hit targets on continents, is basically pointless
No, because the subs can surface quite quickly.

How much proof do you have against what I have?
Again, you have nothing.

Or do you have absolute physical proof?
It seems the only physical proof you would accept is an ICMB launch.
Even if I had physical proof, the only way you would accept it is if you had it physically.
Otherwise you would just dismiss it as me lying or the like.

I'm not calling it a fact that all this doesn't exist.
You are baselessly asserting that they don't exist and that they couldn't.
You are not simply questioning their existence.

However, it's all about doing your best to lessen the gullibility load. I'm attempting to do so. Maybe you can try it.
Falling for conspiracy BS and rejecting so much crap doesn't make you less gullible. It makes you more gullible.

Again, you say your rejection is based upon logic, but you are yet to back up any of your claims with logic.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2018, 03:24:33 PM »
Missiles have so little stored propellant, an arc and height required for intercontinental travel is rendered impossible when logically looked into.

The issue is the fantasy of it being widespread media pushed into the psyche of the general public.
We are a bunch of naive mind absorbent people who basically mimic what's fed to us, which is why things like ICBM's and what not become a mind reality but not a physical reality. In my honest opinion of course.
You're wrong.  I spent ten years in the US Navy; four and half of which I was stationed on the USS Andrew Jackson, a ballistic missile submarine.  My company is currently finishing up the design for new missile sub.  I've been there, seen it, worked on it, and helped design it. 

You on the other hand have only a belief and falsely call it fact...nothing but a lie. 

That's okay.  The so called "flat earth movement" will be undone by space tourism.  The flat earth is doomed by tourists buying their "I orbited the Globe" souvenir tee shirts.

Mike

I assume those missiles were fully fuelled just in case they had to be deployed in minutes, right?

I'm just being nosey and asking questions. I'll grill you until you start using classified and what not.
We've already been down this road in another thread.  You won't accept anything I have to say so we're not going there again.  Google what you want to know. 

The fact is you have an unsupportable opinion and I have real world experience...you have belief and I have fact, you have claims and I have knowledge. 

Mike
Your knowledge seems to be from text books.
You have no knowledge of the physical reality of so called ICBM's, is my guess.

You're asking me to google what I want to know. The problem with google and other sources is, it's reliant on being fed and that feeding may not necessarily be factual.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »

Mike

Mike

You're asking me to google what I want to know. The problem with google and other sources is, it's reliant on being fed and that feeding may not necessarily be factual.

Your knowledge seems to be from a toilet.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2018, 03:45:31 PM »
Again, the problem is that your argument isn't based upon any logic.
That depends on who's deciding that. You have no authority to decide it.

Quote from: JackBlack
but seeing as you mention they don't launch from depths, then subs sitting in the middle of the sea with ready launch ability in the event of a supposed nuclear war to supposedly hit targets on continents, is basically pointless
No, because the subs can surface quite quickly.
How quickly and what does that prove?

How much proof do you have against what I have?
Again, you have nothing.
That depends. You see, I have suspicions and questions.
What do you have?

Or do you have absolute physical proof?
It seems the only physical proof you would accept is an ICMB launch.
Even if I had physical proof, the only way you would accept it is if you had it physically.
Otherwise you would just dismiss it as me lying or the like.
If you had physical proof and showed me then I'd have to accept it.
If you simply say you have physical proof without showing me proof, then, of course I'm going to call you out on it.
I could say I've seen missiles and they're not what we are told but if I can't provide the proof of it I'd be called out. Same thing here.
You don't hold any higher ground other than your reliance on being fed what you accept as facts to convey as some kind of authority on memorising or referencing those so called facts.

I'm not calling it a fact that all this doesn't exist.
You are baselessly asserting that they don't exist and that they couldn't.
You are not simply questioning their existence.
Baselessly is the wrong word to be fair.
You see, I've gave a few good reasons as to why I don't accept them to be what we are told, so naturally my questioning of their existence is valid to me.
You merely saying it isn't does not make it so.

Falling for conspiracy BS and rejecting so much crap doesn't make you less gullible. It makes you more gullible.
Nahhh. I'd say there's no gullibility from me in questioning and/or refusing to believe something I can't physically verify.
I'd definitely say that those who accept stories told without physical proof are the one's bordering on the edge of gullibility and naivety.

Again, you say your rejection is based upon logic, but you are yet to back up any of your claims with logic.
Same goes for you.
You see, if I could back up anything I question then I would have the facts and that would scupper what is potentially hidden from us.

The same goes for you.
If you can back up what you are saying against what I'm saying with your own facts, then it renders my questioning, pointless.
This is not the case and is why I'm typing away with you doing likewise.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2018, 03:45:45 PM »

You seem to be a dick.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2018, 03:46:36 PM »

Mike

Mike

Maybe because I'm flush with it.

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2018, 03:57:25 PM »

The dead don’t talk.
Well you just asked me to speak to someone from Baghdad, so I'm asking you; what did they tell you?

You’re just being deliberately obtuse.

The thing is you rail and rant against things people have not actually seen or witnessed for themselves......and then you carry on promoting things  that you have no proof for or witnessed yourself. I smell major double talk. By all means be skeptical, but do it in a equal, intelligent and measured way, and not the way you currently go about it.

Back to the cruise missiles. You remember the two gulf wars? I myself never went to Iraq, but a shedload of American and coalition soldiers did. Thousands died, mostly civilians. I never actually witnessed that nor did I witness WW2 or WW1 or any war in history apart from the one I fought in. One thing I know for sure is these events took place.

In one 48 hour period during Shock and Awe in particular over 800 cruise missiles fell on Baghdad alone. How many died during that period is unknown.  That it actually happened is fact as the footage is there to prove it.

Your stance of not taking verifiable testimony is just plain ridiculous and demonstrates nothing more than stubborn ignorance.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2018, 04:33:46 PM »
To you I may be being obtuse but that's more because of your irritation as to why I won't back down rather than me deliberately being obtuse from my side of the fence. Think about that because I can sling the same thing back...yet I won't bother as it's definitely non-productive.

Quote from: Lonegranger
The thing is you rail and rant against things people have not actually seen or witnessed for themselves......and then you carry on promoting things  that you have no proof for or witnessed yourself.
I don't really rant. I simply question and give my reasons for the questions. The mere fact that I haven't witnessed the stuff I'm questioning, is one of the main reasons I'm questioning and being sceptical about.
I'm also arguing against people who have also not witnessed what they are arguing for, so it's definitely swings and roundabouts.
If you can prove my questioning to be inaccurate then I welcome it. But don't just cite a video of something you can't verify as a truth.

I smell major double talk. By all means be skeptical, but do it in a equal, intelligent and measured way, and not the way you currently go about it.
Double talk as in, how?
As for the way I go about stuff. That's me. That's the way I go about stuff just like you will go about your stuff in your way and everyone else in their way.
Accept it and argue it if you have an argument against it or whatever.
Merely trying to use the way I come across as some kind of bonus point to yourself, is pointless, to be fair.

Back to the cruise missiles. You remember the two gulf wars? I myself never went to Iraq, but a shedload of American and coalition soldiers did. Thousands died, mostly civilians. I never actually witnessed that nor did I witness WW2 or WW1 or any war in history apart from the one I fought in. One thing I know for sure is these events took place.
Those events may have taken place.
I'm not going to argue emotion with you so you can leave that stuff out. If you feel the need to use it then don't waste your time arguing with me.

Let's deal with what I'm arguing against without using human emotion to try to gain one-upmanship.

In one 48 hour period during Shock and Awe in particular over 800 cruise missiles fell on Baghdad alone. How many died during that period is unknown.  That it actually happened is fact as the footage is there to prove it.
Show me the footage of this barrage of 800 cruise missiles hitting Baghdad?
I'm not talking about a dark night bang and flash that appears out of nowhere. Show me cruise missiles launching and hitting their targets.
Also where did they launch them from?

Your stance of not taking verifiable testimony is just plain ridiculous and demonstrates nothing more than stubborn ignorance.
Show me verifiable testimony that ICBM's do what we are told they do?

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »

Mike

Mike

You don't have the first clue about nuclear power/weapons so you wouldn't have any idea what comes from text books and what doesn't.  Claiming you can tell where my knowledge comes from holds zero weight.  And, make no mistake about it, all you have opinions and beliefs and nothing else so don’t pretend otherwise. 

As I've said before, nuc weapons aren't my area but there was one particular aspect of them that required additional class work and training.  What I do know is nuclear power.  I am my departments subject matter expert for reactor plant systems.  I know what I know no only from classes but from training, operation, maintenance, and design of all the systems involved.  You can't handle that so your only recourse is to dismiss it.   

I told you to google what you wanted to know because we've already had this discussion.  I've already answered all those questions and provided much more information.

You are not even remotely qualified to determine if what I post is from real world knowledge or regurgitated from a book and you know it.  You dismiss my knowledge because you can't face the fact that if what I say it true then all that you believe goes out the window.  Not that any of the matters because the so called “flat earth movement” is doomed and will be dead in the very near future.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2018, 05:23:44 PM »
Please define what you would class as "verifiable testimony that ICBM's do what we are told they do" because, for obvious reasons few ICBMs are launched armed with nuclear warheads.
Besides that, none of the missiles launched at Baghdad were ICBMs.

But don't worry, Sceppy, we KNOW that a flat-earther simply has to subscribe to the following (it is probably in FE Indoctrination 101):
Quote from: The Flat Earth Society Wiki
Flat Earthers start with the knowledge that the earth is flat, as they believe that all the evidence which they are personally able to collect and verify confirms this fact. As a consequence all the evidence to the contrary, much of which they are unable to personally test/verify is viewed as being false.
P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated.
P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth
You're forgiven ;D!

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2018, 07:38:21 PM »
I don't think I'm saying people don't exist. Not sure how you come to that.

Here's what you've previously stated:

Your claim is that ICBMs do not exist, i.e., fictional.  That would mean the companies that used to build components for systems like the LGM-118 (Peacekeeper) and the LGM-30 (Minuteman), the engineers that designed the weapon, the integration team that put it all together, the logistics team that moves the missile and puts it in a silo, and many other unnamed technicians, administrators, and military personnel are not real.  All these people are involved with the creation, implementation, and maintenance of this weapon system; Scepti, that's a lot of folks involved here.  Here's the breakdown and why I've arrived at this conclusion regarding your perspective:

ICBMs are not real or they do not function as we've been told.  This rewording of your statement is an attempt to clean up the informal way you presented the argument.  An implication of this argument is that the thousands of people that manage these weapon systems are either fictional (from the first statement) or they are a part of yet another conspiracy (from the second).  I would lean more towards the first statement as what you explicitly wrote was, "[There's] no such thing as an ICBM."  As it is written, you're saying they don't exist.  However, I'll give you the benefit of doubt and work with the assumption that ICBMs have been misrepresented in their ability.

With that second position, you are still claiming an very large pool of people are in on a conspiracy or have been collectively duped.  While possible, this is far from plausible.  Just this refutation alone casts considerable doubt on your argument.  If ICBMs were built by grade schoolers you might have something to work with but these are literally rocket scientists. 

Again, no I'm not.

You've stated that ICBMs do not exist.  Therefore, the people, companies, and government entities responsible for those systems would either not exist or are actors in a grand charade.  As I'm making this an argument against the notion that this is a conspiratorial position, I would ask you to provide some evidence of conspiracies that have been proven and involve at least 1000 people.  If you can give me that, I would reconsider your argument.

I have no real plausibility other than questioning and a massive dose of scepticism based on my own logical sense.
I can't physically prove they don't exist no more than you can physically prove they do. ICBM's we are talking about.

Skepticism is always a good thing until it starts making you look like a fool.  Your second sentence is correct in the first half, and completely wrong in the second.  What I cannot do, in this forum, is provide evidence that you would accept.  I would be completely willing to make a trip to North Dakota and tour the silos with you.  I would also invite you to visit Boeing's headquarters in Chicago and ask them about the Minuteman systems.

Offering alternatives to ICBM's is simple.
Simple ballistic missiles that don't go very far and basically land back in the drink.
I'm not sure if there are any documented cases of so called ICBM's being launched and hitting targets on other continents....have they?

Except ICBMs don't land back in the drink.  The two systems we had until 2005 launched in stages and inserted a "kill" platform in low orbit.  It would then deploy MIRVs at set intervals hitting designated targets. 

As to your question, look up Minuteman III Glory Trip.  These were several tests conducted between 1970 and 1987.  The ICBMs were launched from Vandenberg AFB with dummy MIRVs with targets in the Marshall Islands.  That's a distance of roughly 4,700 miles which is approximately half the max distance for the weapon. 

Additionally, your query as to whether or not there's been a documented example of an ICBM actually hitting targets on a different continent poses one very difficult problem; countries usually don't conduct joint tests with highly classified weapon systems.  Alternatively, and as we are all still here discussing this topic, no actual deployment of this weapon has happened.

The Glory Trip tests proved that the Minuteman system could accurately hit targets using the MIRV sub assembly at considerable distances.  Going further out wasn't necessary.

Have you seen one launched and if so,w here were you on the sub at launch.
Also if the blast is 33 kilotons then there would be one hell of a water shift. Do you have any physical proof of any of this happening?
Tell me about the launch system unless you're going to cover yourself and go into super secret mode.

Yes, I have seen a launch.  Vandenberg AFB isn't too far from where I live and they launch ICBMs (and more) on a fairly regular basis.  No submarine required.

Kindly re-read my first response to you.  The booster section we demolished was at Hill AFB in Utah.  It was the primary stage of a Polaris missile, a submarine launched ICBM.  The explosion I'm referring to is a non-nuclear detonation (for those keeping notes 33 kilotons is twice the Fat Man) but very impressive.  There was no water shift as the bombing and gunnery ranges around Hill AFB are a blasted expanse of brown nothing and grass.  Lots of grass.

No super secret mode here.   

We all know what these missiles are supposed to perform. How many of us have witnessed them perform what we are told?

That's the issue.

Scepti, though your skepticism prevents you from believing most of what folks tell you, I was in the military for a decade, in EOD, and have been ringside dealing with many of the subcomponents involved with these weapons.  I've worked on the payloads, in particular the W87 warhead which is the nuke of choice for the MIRV (a 300kt blast...this is a "tactical" weapon). 

Back to your super secret stuff; the launch of an ICBM is identical to any other ballistic missile or rocket.  Both the Minuteman and Peacekeeper are multi-stage rockets, just like the Saturn V, Falcon Heavy, or other tools we use to get into orbit.  The missiles are assembled at an integration facility, placed in transportation canisters and moved by truck/train to the silos.  From there they are lowered by cranes into the silos where they wait for the hopefully-never-coming end of the world. 

Dude, there's healthy skepticism (ghosts and Mandela effect nonsense) and then there's outright denial of things that have ample evidence supporting their existence.  I understand the materialistic notion that often it helps if you have first hand experience with something.  However, if we take this to an extreme, how can knowledge of the world and universe grow?  If every person took this super extreme view of the world, and in order to truly know something that person needed to experience it, then we would continually walk over the same ground.  I can accept something if it logically follows in addition to the experiences I have.  ICBMs fit perfectly well in what I can accept as a real thing, though I've never been able to witness one flying its entire trajectory, deploy MIRVs, and then watch those fall through the atmosphere and hit targets.  In fact, no one has, because you can't. 

I think the best and only way I can put this to you is by pointing out the gap between what you don't know and what you accept.  I don't know what you do in your time away from here; I'd imagine it's probably not too different from what any of us do.  But many of us have asked you to go visit certain places, see some of the things we've seen with our own eyes, because we know if you do, that gap will shrink. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:55:15 PM by Gumwars »
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

JackBlack

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2018, 10:20:23 PM »
And you seem to have no knowledge.

And you would say the same to anyone who says anything here. Either that they are just being fed information, or the information they are providing isn't factual.
If you aren't willing to accept the words of others you will need to get the physical proof yourself. Any attempt to appeal to it is just a pathetic dishonest distraction as you have no intention of accepting anything anyone says.

That depends on who's deciding that.
No it doesn't. It either is supported or is not.
So far all you have done is assert baseless claims and appealed to ignorance.
You have not used any logic to back it up.

How quickly and what does that prove?
Less than a few minutes. It proves your claim about their ready launch ability is crap.

You see, I have suspicions and questions.
i.e. nothing.

If you had physical proof and showed me then I'd have to accept it.
And how would I show it to you?
Do you mean, physcially, in person?
Or do you mean as an image or video? If you mean as an image or video, then what is wrong with all the existing ones?

Baselessly is the wrong word to be fair.
No, it is the correct word.
You make claims without providing any backing.
This makes them baseless.
If you don't think they are baselss, feel free to provide the reasons backing them up.

Again, where did you pull the hundred or so miles from? That seems extremely baseless.

You see, I've gave a few good reasons
No, you gave a bunch of baseless assertions.

Nahhh. I'd say there's no gullibility from me in questioning and/or refusing to believe something I can't physically verify.
But you can verify it. You just choose not to.
It is extreme gullibility to accept the delusional garbage of conspiracy theorists, which you cannot back up at all.

if I could back up anything I question then I would have the facts
Well thanks for admitting you have no facts and no backing.

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »
Interesting.
Jackbs line by line play highlights a key point.
Lets see a core sample report from that helium ice dome.

Quote from: sceptimatic on Today at 03:45:31 PM
"Nahhh. I'd say there's no gullibility from me in questioning and/or refusing to believe something I can't physically verify".

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2018, 12:47:10 AM »
To you I may be being obtuse but that's more because of your irritation as to why I won't back down rather than me deliberately being obtuse from my side of the fence. Think about that because I can sling the same thing back...yet I won't bother as it's definitely non-productive.

The thing is you rail and rant against things people have not actually seen or witnessed for themselves......and then you carry on promoting things  that you have no proof for or witnessed yourself.
I don't really rant. I simply question and give my reasons for the questions. The mere fact that I haven't witnessed the stuff I'm questioning, is one of the main reasons I'm questioning and being sceptical about.
I'm also arguing against people who have also not witnessed what they are arguing for, so it's definitely swings and roundabouts.
If you can prove my questioning to be inaccurate then I welcome it. But don't just cite a video of something you can't verify as a truth.

I smell major double talk. By all means be skeptical, but do it in a equal, intelligent and measured way, and not the way you currently go about it.
Double talk as in, how?
As for the way I go about stuff. That's me. That's the way I go about stuff just like you will go about your stuff in your way and everyone else in their way.
Accept it and argue it if you have an argument against it or whatever.
Merely trying to use the way I come across as some kind of bonus point to yourself, is pointless, to be fair.

Those events may have taken place.
I'm not going to argue emotion with you so you can leave that stuff out. If you feel the need to use it then don't waste your time arguing with me.

Let's deal with what I'm arguing against without using human emotion to try to gain one-upmanship.

Show me the footage of this barrage of 800 cruise missiles hitting Baghdad?
I'm not talking about a dark night bang and flash that appears out of nowhere. Show me cruise missiles launching and hitting their targets.
Also where did they launch them from?

I don’t give a fig what you believe, as for irritated why should I be? It’s just a debate forum.

What you’re doing is denying the deaths of thousands of people and the role players by all the service men and woman, who on hat night were certinally not make believe. I just wonder how you would cope if put in a life or death situation? Perhaps you could just not believe in all the 9mm, 7.62 or 60mm mortar rounds heading in your direction. Would you only believe in them once you got hit, not a pretty sight let me tell you!

Your argument is based on no more than just obstanatly denying things which is no argument at all. How about for once offering up some proof.

As for WW1 and WW2 that you were sceptical about, go visit Europe where most of the action took place.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2018, 12:50:21 AM »
You don't have the first clue about nuclear power/weapons so you wouldn't have any idea what comes from text books and what doesn't.  Claiming you can tell where my knowledge comes from holds zero weight.  And, make no mistake about it, all you have opinions and beliefs and nothing else so don’t pretend otherwise.
Of course I have opinions and belief's. I merely question because I have no direct physical proof, so I look at how I'm told stuff works and decide for myself if it's feasible.
I don't believe it is so I'm questioning.

You are the same but think text books give you authority for fact, like I said before.

Quote from: MicroBeta
As I've said before, nuc weapons aren't my area but there was one particular aspect of them that required additional class work and training.
What additional class work and training?

What I do know is nuclear power.  I am my departments subject matter expert for reactor plant systems.  I know what I know no only from classes but from training, operation, maintenance, and design of all the systems involved.  You can't handle that so your only recourse is to dismiss it.
I can handle it if it's the truth. The potential reality is, you have no clue about nuclear power except (once again) reading up on what it's supposed to do.
However, since this isn't about nuclear power and is about ICBM's and such you don't need to try and prove anything. You couldn't do it in the nuclear thread so don't bother here.

I told you to google what you wanted to know because we've already had this discussion.  I've already answered all those questions and provided much more information.
You've answered some questions in the nuke thread but you dodged the one's that really questioned by using top secret and what not. Feel free to resurrect the nuke thread if you decide to answer questions.

You are not even remotely qualified to determine if what I post is from real world knowledge or regurgitated from a book and you know it.
I'm certainly not qualified to do that. I don't know you at all, just like you don't know me.
I can push you into an argument to defend yourself by saying I don't believe you know the PHYSICAL reality of what you claim and what you do know is from text books, pertaining to the stuff I'm questioning.
Can you prove me wrong?
Just saying stuff is not proving me wrong.
  You dismiss my knowledge because you can't face the fact that if what I say it true then all that you believe goes out the window.
That's where you fail.
You see, I'm after the facts. I want facts.
I don't want to live on conspiracy theories and guesses. It's a pain to want to know the truth and not being able to convince myself of something being exactly that.
This is why I'm questioning.
If you prove facts to me I'll be more than happy. Just don't think for a second that telling me you served on a sub is your authority on what I'm arguing about.
Getting all angry does not add any credence to what you say, either.

Not that any of the matters because the so called “flat earth movement” is doomed and will be dead in the very near future.

Mike
You seem to be some kind of authority on knowing the flat Earth movement is doomed and dead in the water. How is this?
Don't answer this because I already think I know the answer and it needs to go into the so called space travel topic....right?
Your authority again I suppose.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2018, 12:55:33 AM »
Please define what you would class as "verifiable testimony that ICBM's do what we are told they do" because, for obvious reasons few ICBMs are launched armed with nuclear warheads.
Just tell me about the few ICBM's that were launched to their targets then and we will deal with them.
It might give me the verifiable facts from yourself. Maybe....eh?

Quote from: rabinoz
Besides that, none of the missiles launched at Baghdad were ICBMs.
Ok we can discount those missiles, because those are not my interest.

Quote from: rabinoz
But don't worry, Sceppy, we KNOW that a flat-earther simply has to subscribe to the following (it is probably in FE Indoctrination 101):
Quote from: The Flat Earth Society Wiki
Flat Earthers start with the knowledge that the earth is flat, as they believe that all the evidence which they are personally able to collect and verify confirms this fact. As a consequence all the evidence to the contrary, much of which they are unable to personally test/verify is viewed as being false.
P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated.
P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth
You're forgiven ;D!
This strawman argument does nothing for you.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2018, 01:51:49 AM »
Just tell me about the few ICBM's that were launched to their targets then and we will deal with them.

Gumwars brought up the ongoing Minute Man tests from vandeburg afb. Here's a vid of one:

Pretty ominous if it can do what and go where as claimed. So, there's all kinds of visual evidence that these "missiles" are real, so they exist. Your contention seems to be that, yeah, they exist, but they can't go as far as claimed?

So simply put, what is your reasoning as to why they can't go as far as claimed?
And that reasoning is based upon...X. What is 'X'? And what is 'X' evidenced by?

My 'X' evidence for why the claims are true is simply that we have verifiable real plane flights that humans pilot, serve, and passenger on that are 9000+ miles. Seems a missile without being encumbered by humans could easily make that distance.

So what's the big anti-ICBM thing with you? (Other than they have the potential to destroy the world 50 times over)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2018, 03:09:05 AM »
No! I asked of YOU "Please define what you would class as "verifiable testimony that ICBM's do what we are told they do" because, for obvious reasons few ICBMs are launched armed with nuclear warheads".

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2018, 04:34:24 AM »
Quote from: Gumwars
Your claim is that ICBMs do not exist, i.e., fictional.  That would mean the companies that used to build components for systems like the LGM-118 (Peacekeeper) and the LGM-30 (Minuteman), the engineers that designed the weapon, the integration team that put it all together, the logistics team that moves the missile and puts it in a silo, and many other unnamed technicians, administrators, and military personnel are not real.

All these people are involved with the creation, implementation, and maintenance of this weapon system; Scepti, that's a lot of folks involved here.  Here's the breakdown and why I've arrived at this conclusion regarding your perspective:

ICBMs are not real or they do not function as we've been told.  This rewording of your statement is an attempt to clean up the informal way you presented the argument.
Yep. I have no authority to state as a fact that they don't exist. I simply believe they don't from my side. This is why I change my stance to ensure I'm not putting anything out as fact which I cannot back up as fact, because I don't have any proof other than speculation/scepticism/my own logic and distrust of a lot of what is dished out to us based on many many years of us being taken for a ride.

An implication of this argument is that the thousands of people that manage these weapon systems are either fictional (from the first statement) or they are a part of yet another conspiracy (from the second).
They could well be fictional.
TV actors or simply story book characters.

With that second position, you are still claiming an very large pool of people are in on a conspiracy or have been collectively duped.
Duped would be the likely word. It only takes a select few to be in on any conspiring, in my opinion.

While possible, this is far from plausible.
If it's possible it's plausible.

Just this refutation alone casts considerable doubt on your argument.  If ICBMs were built by grade schoolers you might have something to work with but these are literally rocket scientists. 
Can grade school kids build rockets and launch them?

As I'm making this an argument against the notion that this is a conspiratorial position, I would ask you to provide some evidence of conspiracies that have been proven and involve at least 1000 people.  If you can give me that, I would reconsider your argument.
Why would any conspiracy need to involve a thousand people actively knowing and taking part?
How many people are complicit in writing the bible? How many people follow the bible and its meanings?
You don't need to answer this part I'm just giving you extreme examples of potential dupes.

Skepticism is always a good thing until it starts making you look like a fool.  Your second sentence is correct in the first half, and completely wrong in the second.  What I cannot do, in this forum, is provide evidence that you would accept.  I would be completely willing to make a trip to North Dakota and tour the silos with you.  I would also invite you to visit Boeing's headquarters in Chicago and ask them about the Minuteman systems.
You mean you're allowed into a silo that holds a so called ICBM?

As for being invited to Boeing's headquarters. What would we be shown?
What explanations would we get that we can't get from a text book or a picture book?
We would be placed in front of a man of woman who would be trained to reel off what they were taught to reel off and will have no physical clue in terms of being able to verify what they reel off.

The two systems we had until 2005 launched in stages and inserted a "kill" platform in low orbit.  It would then deploy MIRVs at set intervals hitting designated targets.
You learned this from reading books, right?
Nothing wrong with that but it does not give you facts. It gives you a story to follow that may be more fiction than fact.

As to your question, look up Minuteman III Glory Trip.  These were several tests conducted between 1970 and 1987.  The ICBMs were launched from Vandenberg AFB with dummy MIRVs with targets in the Marshall Islands.  That's a distance of roughly 4,700 miles which is approximately half the max distance for the weapon. 
Again you are basing this on story book reading passed off as factual, of which you absolutely cannot verify as that.

Additionally, your query as to whether or not there's been a documented example of an ICBM actually hitting targets on a different continent poses one very difficult problem; countries usually don't conduct joint tests with highly classified weapon systems.  Alternatively, and as we are all still here discussing this topic, no actual deployment of this weapon has happened.
Which gives rise to the questioning of them. I happen to believe they're gimmicks but very clever one's for the public to fear or comfort over, depending on how people view this intercontinental missile nonsense. Again, in my opinion.

The Glory Trip tests proved that the Minuteman system could accurately hit targets using the MIRV sub assembly at considerable distances.  Going further out wasn't necessary.
Not sure what this means.

Have you seen one launched and if so,w here were you on the sub at launch.
Also if the blast is 33 kilotons then there would be one hell of a water shift. Do you have any physical proof of any of this happening?
Tell me about the launch system unless you're going to cover yourself and go into super secret mode.

Yes, I have seen a launch.  Vandenberg AFB isn't too far from where I live and they launch ICBMs (and more) on a fairly regular basis.  No submarine required.
They launch ICBM's from an air-force base?
Can you verify what rocket/missile was launched?

Kindly re-read my first response to you.  The booster section we demolished was at Hill AFB in Utah.  It was the primary stage of a Polaris missile, a submarine launched ICBM.
You dismantle a primary stage?
What exactly does that entail. Is it an engine and if so, ask yourself why any missile requires an engine.
We get shown engines like the Apollo nonsense and to be fair, they are gimmicks to me.

The explosion I'm referring to is a non-nuclear detonation (for those keeping notes 33 kilotons is twice the Fat Man) but very impressive.  There was no water shift as the bombing and gunnery ranges around Hill AFB are a blasted expanse of brown nothing and grass.  Lots of grass.

No super secret mode here.
You witnessed this happen, right?

We all know what these missiles are supposed to perform. How many of us have witnessed them perform what we are told?

That's the issue.

Scepti, though your skepticism prevents you from believing most of what folks tell you, I was in the military for a decade, in EOD, and have been ringside dealing with many of the subcomponents involved with these weapons.  I've worked on the payloads, in particular the W87 warhead which is the nuke of choice for the MIRV (a 300kt blast...this is a "tactical" weapon).
What did you do to actually work on this stuff?
Briefly.

Back to your super secret stuff; the launch of an ICBM is identical to any other ballistic missile or rocket.
Both the Minuteman and Peacekeeper are multi-stage rockets, just like the Saturn V, Falcon Heavy, or other tools we use to get into orbit.  The missiles are assembled at an integration facility, placed in transportation canisters and moved by truck/train to the silos.  From there they are lowered by cranes into the silos where they wait for the hopefully-never-coming end of the world.
Like a big so called Apollo rocket effigy, right?
Just sat in silo's?

Dude, there's healthy skepticism (ghosts and Mandela effect nonsense) and then there's outright denial of things that have ample evidence supporting their existence.  I understand the materialistic notion that often it helps if you have first hand experience with something.  However, if we take this to an extreme, how can knowledge of the world and universe grow?
It can grow just like it is. On facts.
The rest of it is stories and that entails books growing on fact or FICTION.

If every person took this super extreme view of the world, and in order to truly know something that person needed to experience it, then we would continually walk over the same ground.  I can accept something if it logically follows in addition to the experiences I have.  ICBMs fit perfectly well in what I can accept as a real thing, though I've never been able to witness one flying its entire trajectory, deploy MIRVs, and then watch those fall through the atmosphere and hit targets.  In fact, no one has, because you can't.
Exactly, you can't.
It's down to a belief mechanism in each person. An acceptance just because it fits a narrative.

I think the best and only way I can put this to you is by pointing out the gap between what you don't know and what you accept.  I don't know what you do in your time away from here; I'd imagine it's probably not too different from what any of us do.  But many of us have asked you to go visit certain places, see some of the things we've seen with our own eyes, because we know if you do, that gap will shrink.
That depends on the places visited.
If they're top secret then visiting them is left to someone narrating. A guide. A trained guide that follows protocol.

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2018, 06:34:36 AM »
Wow...
Scepti youre so full of yourself.
You claim fact and truth.
Yet your theories are baselsss and from yuor own mind.
Youre so enlightened and better than us gullible drones.

Why troll and ask for proof?
All proof is then dismissed as conspiracy.
Lets see a core sample from your truthful ice dome.
Possibly Truth and Fact must have been redefined.

By your logic, ill have to theorize you eat sht.
You say a lot of sht nonsense so you must eat sht.
I know this because i only deal in facts and truth.
Proove you dont.

Take your fedora off and go outside.

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2018, 07:12:25 AM »
They simply cannot hold enough fuel for starters.
Also they have no guidance system other than fins.
Modern ICBMs don’t have fins.  Clearly you have no idea how the guidance systems work.  How can your comments to have any credibility when you’re so demonstrably wrong? 

Why can’t ICBMs hold enough fuel?

Mike

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2018, 09:02:07 AM »

Gumwars brought up the ongoing Minute Man tests from vandeburg afb. Here's a vid of one:

Pretty ominous if it can do what and go where as claimed. So, there's all kinds of visual evidence that these "missiles" are real, so they exist. Your contention seems to be that, yeah, they exist, but they can't go as far as claimed?

So simply put, what is your reasoning as to why they can't go as far as claimed?
And that reasoning is based upon...X. What is 'X'? And what is 'X' evidenced by?

My 'X' evidence for why the claims are true is simply that we have verifiable real plane flights that humans pilot, serve, and passenger on that are 9000+ miles. Seems a missile without being encumbered by humans could easily make that distance.

So what's the big anti-ICBM thing with you? (Other than they have the potential to destroy the world 50 times over)
That video is laughable. It reeks of movie nonsense.
Do you have anything that actually looks more realistic?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2018, 09:04:06 AM »
No! I asked of YOU "Please define what you would class as "verifiable testimony that ICBM's do what we are told they do" because, for obvious reasons few ICBMs are launched armed with nuclear warheads".
Tell me about the few that are launched.
Tell me all about where they launched from and where to, with some proof.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2018, 09:14:15 AM »
Wow...
Scepti youre so full of yourself.
You claim fact and truth.

I claim nothing of the sort. You claim that I claim it. That's your issue, not mine.