Did Isaac Newton, NASA and possibly Hillary Clinton deceive the world about...

• 162 Replies

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
FalseProphet, no one deceived the world. It's just you being bad at Math and understanding. That is all.

But now you are here and can explain me everything that I do not understand!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
FalseProphet, no one deceived the world. It's just you being bad at Math and understanding. That is all.

I believe wise already answered your initial question on the first page. Even I could not match his articulation in this field. He is wise afterall  8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

I believe wise already answered your initial question on the first page. Even I could not match his articulation in this field. He is wise afterall  8)

Intikam says kinetic energy "is a shit". Does that mean shit is energy?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE

I'm sure shit has a caloric value. Just not a delicious source of them

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

But that's not kinetic energy. How can kinetic energy be shit?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE

If I throw shit at you hard enough, the kinetic energy will cause the shit to splatter in all directions across your face. A shit that rates a 4 or 5 on the Bristol scale would be best for maximum splatter effect while a 1 or 2 will cause the most pain

Know your place

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

If I throw shit at you hard enough, the kinetic energy will cause the shit to splatter in all directions across your face. A shit that rates a 4 or 5 on the Bristol scale would be best for maximum splatter effect while a 1 or 2 will cause the most pain

But that is only possible, when I transfer kinetic energy to the shit. When kinetic energy would be shit, I would not have to throw the shit, it would throw itself. But shit never does that.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Why do you think it's you duty to crap on everybody's thread?
Maybe it's because you try to cover your ignorance with bluster.

I might not agree with a lot FalseProphet writes but I have far more respect for him that for a troll like you.
And I agree with very little wise writes but I have far more respect for him that for you - at least wise believes what he writes.
All you seem to do is to try to wreck what might otherwise be a productive thread - I guess you feel it's your duty ::).

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE

I might not agree with a lot FalseProphet writes but I have far more respect for him that for a troll like you.
And I agree with very little wise writes but I have far more respect for him that for you - at least wise believes what he writes.
All you seem to do is to try to wreck what might otherwise be a productive thread - I guess you feel it's your duty ::).

In fairness I did not bring shit in this thread. That's on FalseProphet

I simply stated there was nothing wrong with the Math as I'm sure you agree.

Maybe you need to look at yourself as to who shits other threads. I'm as entitled to give input as anyone here. But like a rabid dog you pounce on any opportunity to have a go at me. You are the thread wrecker.

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

Incorrect! Your posting the wise rubbish is your crapping up things up. Till you butted I was simply explaining things to FalseProphet.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE

Incorrect! Your posting the wise rubbish is your crapping up things up. Till you butted I was simply explaining things to FalseProphet.

Wise did not post rubbish. He posted an answer. It's your ego that gets in the way of seeing that

Know your place

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
I was simply explaining things to FalseProphet.

Oh yes, thank you for that. I understand now that when I thought about kinetic energy I thought about it as if it were force x time instead of force x way. In the first case, being the momentum, the initial velocity does not have to be considered, because it increases linearly, not exponentially like kinetic energy.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:05:13 AM by FalseProphet »

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Ιt's actually confusing though, it took me a while to figure out what was going on...
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Wise did not post rubbish. He posted an answer. It's your ego that gets in the way of seeing that
The post by wise is no answer to FalseProphet's OP, which was:
Did Isaac Newton, NASA and possibly Hillary Clinton deceive the world about kinetic energy?

I have a problem again.

When I want to accelerate an object from 0 to 2 km/s I need 2 Megajoule of energy per kg, because

Now I want to accelerate the same object by another 2 km/s, so I have to use another 2 Megajoule per kg.
Now the object has a velocity of 4 km/s.
I have invested 4 Megajoule per kg.
The object, having a velocity of 4 km/s, has a kinetic energy of 8 Megajoule per kg, according to the formula.
So I have used up 4 Megajoule per kg, but I got 8 Megajoule out of it.

How is that possible?
FalseProphet was just querying what seemed to him to be an anomaly between energy in and kinetic energy.
Wise is claiming that "conservation of energy" is false butis simply the expression for kinetic energy and has no connection with "conservation of energy".
is a shit because then two cars run opposite direction and crush then stops; energy goes to zero. But according to Newton it turns to energy of "crash, voice, heat, ets". It does not wash!
And not only that but "conservation of energy" had nothing to do with Newton but was a later "discovery".

So, I do appreciate the way you have proven your own total ignorance of these such elementary ideas of physics.

Bye bye.

Pezevenk

Ιt's actually confusing though, it took me a while to figure out what was going on...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Yes, I also took a while to get what he was really questioning as witnessed by my early posts on this thread.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
It makes me feel so ignorant knowing only English.
Q: What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages?
A: Bilingual.
Q: What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?
A: Trilingual.
Q: What do call someone who speaks one language?
A: American.

*ducks*
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
It makes me feel so ignorant knowing only English.
Q: What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages?
A: Bilingual.
Q: What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?
A: Trilingual.
Q: What do call someone who speaks one language?
A: American.

*ducks*
I'm not American but I guess I'm trilingual. I speak English, 'Strine and at least understand and speak a little American.

And from my experience, Americans understand only one language, American, and all other languages are wrong!
But Americans speak to people of all other countries in a language that Americans fully expect everybody to understand.
If they don't understand, shout. If they still don't understand, shout louder - no problem.

I don't have to duck. They've got Buckley's chance of finding me as like Clancy I might have `gone to Queensland droving, and they won't know where he are.' At least the state's right.

Pezevenk

I always found it weird how people who speak English as their native language can just talk to almost anyone in that native language.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
I'm bilingual . . .

1)  English
2)  English with a Mexican accent.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
I always found it weird how people who speak English as their native language can just talk to almost anyone in that native language.
Because most "people who speak English as their native language" naively assume that everybody else on earth ought to understand English. Sort of like:

A song of patriotic predjudice - Flanders and Swann
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 04:21:14 AM by rabinoz »

"I only speak two languages.  English and bad English."
Since it costs 1.82˘ to produce a penny, putting in your 2˘ if really worth 3.64˘.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
To answer the OP we do know that Newton, in particular, was very weak of brain from the time he was a young man, forward.

Experts still argue the level of damage he may have endured and how it effected his statements and output.

What we do know is he was prone to bouts of mood swings where confusing, exaggerated outbursts would be followed by periods of baffling silence.

If he lived today, there would potentially be medication for his malady but in his day he drifted endlessly emitting thoughts. Some seemingly brilliant and some not so.  It is, to this day difficult to surmise if these ideas, former or latter, made sense.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
To answer the OP we do know that Newton, in particular, was very weak of brain.
To answer you, Gotham, we know nothing of the sort and I would appreciate if you would cease trying to denigrate one the most brilliant thinkers the earth has known.

Some have given this list:
Quote from: Marko Jovanović M.D.
Top 10 Greatest Scientists Who Changed The World
  • Nikola Tesla (1856-1943 AD)
  • Albert Einstein (1879-1955 AD)
  • Sir Isaac Newton (1643-1727 AD)
  • Louis Pasteur (1822-1895 AD)
  • Marie Curie Sklodowska (1867-1934 AD)
  • Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931 AD)
  • Michael Faraday (1791-1867 AD)
  • Galileo Galilei (1564-1642 AD)
  • Archimedes (287-212 BC)
  • Aristotle (384-322 BC)
Maybe you query the order but Isaac Newton certainly deserves to be on that list.

So sorry that no flat-earthers made the list, but possibly Anaximander (c. 610 – c. 546 BC) of Miletus could have been there and he did believe the earth was flat and he is sometimes regarded as one if the first true scientists.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

So sorry that no flat-earthers made the list, but possibly Anaximander (c. 610 – c. 546 BC) of Miletus could have been there and he did believe the earth was flat and he is sometimes regarded as one if the first true scientists.

Don't forget Democritus.

Rabbi, do you know a little about atmospheric electricity? You know, many teslatards come to this site, talking about "free energy" and stuff.

I have been searching the internet recently about real world efforts how to harness naturally occurring electricity from the air. Some concepts are quite interesting.

One of the earliest claims is a patent by a certain Hermann Plauson. It is described here:

http://rexresearch.com/plauson/plauson.htm

That's how he thought it should look like:

Do you think that works?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

Don't forget Democritus.
Quite possibly.

Quote from: FalseProphet
Rabbi, do you know a little about atmospheric electricity? You know, many teslatards come to this site, talking about "free energy" and stuff.

Quote from: FalseProphet
I have been searching the internet recently about real world efforts how to harness naturally occurring electricity from the air. Some concepts are quite interesting.

One of the earliest claims is a patent by a certain Hermann Plauson. It is described here:
http://rexresearch.com/plauson/plauson.htm

That's how he thought it should look like:

Do you think that works?
I haven't looked into it, and while there is certainly "static electricity" generated in the atmosphere, I doubt that it would do all that was expected of it.

There are many sources of energy in nature from the wind, sun, tides and waves that are already exploited to some extent.
The big problems so far are that:
  • their energy density is comparatively low, so huge structures are needed,
  • they are not continuous and often not provide energy when it is needed,
  • the capital cost is often huge for the energy recovered and
  • the resources needed for their construction can be more environmentally destructive than conventional energy generation systems.

Must go (E&OE)!

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

I haven't looked into it, and while there is certainly "static electricity" generated in the atmosphere, I doubt that it would do all that was expected of it.

Near ground you have a voltage of 100V per meter. Quite impressive. But current strength is only in the order of pikoampere per square meter. Almost nothing.

When you have a high building or a long rod or, like in this case, a balloon, the potential gradient gets compressed, like this:

so at 100m height you get a voltage of 10,000V with a current of microamperes per square meter. I do not know why the current strength increases, but that seems to be the case. That should translate into a power in the order of 10 mW. Plauson claims that he produced a power output of thousands of Watt. That is an extraordinary claim. It seems though nobody has really repeated his experiments, except a certain Oleg Jefimenko, who made similar trials and reported much more realistic results, something like 70W.

At a height of 3000 meter you should get a current of 300,000V and, allegedly, 1 miliampere per square meter, which would give a power of 300W per square meter. That would compare well with solar panels. You need some long, conductive tethers though. It should actually be cheaper than a solar panel, because it is simple, and it is not intermittent. I guess you have to take it down during a thunderstorm.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 03:47:12 PM by FalseProphet »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

Near ground you have a voltage of 100V per meter. Quite impressive. But current strength is only in the order of pikoampere per square meter. Almost nothing.

When you have a high building or a long rod or, like in this case, a balloon, the potential gradient gets compressed, like this:

so at 100m height you get a voltage of 10,000V with a current of microamperes per square meter. I do not know why the current strength increases, but that seems to be the case. That should translate into a power in the order of 10 mW. Plauson claims that he produced a power output of thousands of Watt. That is an extraordinary claim. It seems though nobody has really repeated his experiments, except a certain Oleg Jefimenko, who made similar trials and reported much more realistic results, something like 70W.

At a height of 3000 meter you should get a current of 300,000V and, allegedly, 1 miliampere per square meter, which would give a power of 300W per square meter. That would compare well with solar panels. You need some long, conductive tethers though. It should actually be cheaper than a solar panel, because it is simple, and it is, I think, less intermittent. I guess you have to take it down during a thunderstorm.
I don't know about the "1 miliampere per square meter", Feynman gives "only a few micromicroamperes per square meter".
Quote from: Richard Feynman
Feynman Lectures Chap9 Electricity in the Atmosphere
Although the electric current-density in the air is only a few micromicroamperes per square meter, there are very many square meters on the earth’s surface. The total electric current reaching the earth’s surface at any time is very nearly constant at 1800 amperes. This current, of course, is “positive”—it carries plus charges to the earth. So we have a voltage supply of 400,000 volts with a current of 1800 amperes—a power of 700 megawatts!
And 700 megawatts is small on a Global scale.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

At a height of 3000 meter you should get a current of 300,000V and, allegedly, 1 miliampere per square meter, which would give a power of 300W per square meter. That would compare well with solar panels. You need some long, conductive tethers though. It should actually be cheaper than a solar panel, because it is simple, and it is, I think, less intermittent. I guess you have to take it down during a thunderstorm.
I don't know about the "1 miliampere per square meter", Feynman gives "only a few micromicroamperes per square meter".
Quote from: Richard Feynman
Feynman Lectures Chap9 Electricity in the Atmosphere
Although the electric current-density in the air is only a few micromicroamperes per square meter, there are very many square meters on the earth’s surface. The total electric current reaching the earth’s surface at any time is very nearly constant at 1800 amperes. This current, of course, is “positive”—it carries plus charges to the earth. So we have a voltage supply of 400,000 volts with a current of 1800 amperes—a power of 700 megawatts!
And 700 megawatts is small on a Global scale.

A micromicroampere is a picoampere. That's also the number I found:

I told you, I do not understand why the current allegedly increases to microampere and miliampere. I have those claims from here:

The data was recorded and plotted below. At 275 feet, 0.8uA
was  recorded,  which  is  consistent with what others have measured at 300feet (1uA). A 2nd order polynomial curve can be fitted
to the data. When extrapolated beyond 275 feet, the data shows a
linear relationship on a log-log scale (see below). If conditions are
linear,  then  the  current  is  shown  to  escalate  to  1000uA  at  the 
10000 foot level.

http://worldnpa.org/abstracts/abstracts_6165.pdf

All I can say is that a number of credible experimenters measured currents of considerable strength.

In March 1971, Dr. Oleg Jefimenko proved that a wire held aloft by a ballon at 1200 feet altitude would provide 70 watts of high-voltage power to an electrostatic motor (an improved version of the Franklin motor) for as long as the ballon stayed at that altitude. The wire was a high impedance conductor; and the motor ran at 12,000 rpm or about 200 pulses per second.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 09:46:43 PM by FalseProphet »