How to refute team "Globe"?

• 257 Replies

JackBlack

Re: How to refute team "Globe"?
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2018, 01:54:19 AM »
Why that is not True? Absolute true?
Because it has been disproven.
So even with your nonsense claim regarding absolute truth as anything which can't be disproven, a FE remains false. Meanwhile a RE hasn't been disproven no matter how hard people have tried, so that would be absolute truth.

So now you have FE - not absolute truth.
RE - absolute truth.
Pixies - absolute truth.

Still confident about your system?

Meanwhile science works fine.
"Earth is round with a radius of roughly 6371 km" is a falsifiable claim.
If Earth was false, we could make observations to show that is not the case.
Notice how it is only if it is false it can be shown to be false?
It doesn't just mean that it is false.

« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2018, 02:42:57 AM »
Meanwhile a RE hasn't been disproven no matter how hard people have tried, so that would be absolute truth.
Is RE falsifiable? If yes, RE can be wrong. Then RE is debunked, if not refuted.

« Reply #242 on: December 11, 2018, 03:36:09 AM »
Meanwhile a RE hasn't been disproven no matter how hard people have tried, so that would be absolute truth.
Is RE falsifiable? If yes, RE can be wrong. Then RE is debunked, if not refuted.

Conclusion is in: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=78677.0

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #243 on: December 11, 2018, 03:53:27 AM »

Conclusion is in: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=78677.0
Mind if I fix that erroneous claim for you:
Conclusion is in: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=78677.msg2123367#msg2123367

« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2018, 04:23:22 AM »
Yes! Good job 👍🏼

The RE claim is indeed falsifiable. One can take measurements and observations to refute it. In that regard, RE could be (not “is”) proven wrong. Only ... it hasn’t been by any stretch of the imagination.

And with each expirement trying to refute the roundness of the earth, and failing, RE gets a bit closer to absolute truth.
Be gentle

JackBlack

« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2018, 11:33:38 AM »
Is RE falsifiable? If yes, RE can be wrong.
Again, you are missing the point.
Falsifiable doesn't mean it can be wrong.
You are yet to debunk anything.

Again, falsifiable just means it can be shown to be wrong if it actually is wrong.
It doesn't matter how many times you want to repeat the same baseless bullshit, it doesn't make it true.

Meanwhile, according to your definition it is absolute truth.

« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2018, 05:23:54 PM »
Debunking of Globe (or anything else) is defined as demonstrating, that Globe can be wrong at least in principle.

Is Globe falsifiable? If yes, then Globe can be wrong.

But the Science according to its Globe proponents is falsifiable. Thus, the Science can in fact be wrong.

Then Globe is debunked, if not refuted.

But the Flat Earth is not debunked, thus not yet showed wrong. Why? Flat Earth team do not define the Science as "possibly wrong". To win any possible debate the Flat Earth followers must use more healthy methodology:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=78569.0

Absolute Truth is anything that hasn’t been proven wrong and never will be proven wrong. If absolutely all statements of team Globe will be falsified (as the Science is falsifiable), then team Globe in the end is wrong about shape of the Earth.

Then tell me one thing- a Young Earth Creationist, if he is consistent, must believe also in Flat Earth? The team Globe says, that the world extends almost into an endless past (up to 14 billion years deep). This is definitely not the Biblical Knowledge (team Globe is mixing God and the liar - satan. Don't do it! In the 6 days of Genesis there are 6 evenings and 6 mornings! cf. Genesis 1:31). And that the world stretches infinitely into space. If satanic team lies also in the case of space, then the Earth is flat. Can Globe-rs lie in one case and tell the truth in another? In any case they are not trustworthy.

Knowledge of a human is the knowledge of his God. That is how knowledge is defined, and one does not prove a definition, one proves a theorem. From definition follows: 1. God exists, and 2. team Globe used to lie. “God is omnipresent” proves it all: God is present and present omni. Such simplicity surely passes the Occam's razor. LOL. Flat Earth society surely the place the God can hide. LOL. God can do anything, so He can exist. How there could be Flat Earth without Creator?

TEAM GLOBE:
1. Science can be wrong,
2. Truth can not be wrong,
3. So, Science is lie and deception.
4.Disproved things are part of Science:
“Kent Hovind: lies in textbooks”

TEAM FLAT:
1. Science can NOT be wrong,
2. Truth can not be wrong,
3. So, Science is true and Knowledge.
4.Disproved things are NOT part of Science.

« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2018, 09:40:01 PM »

Show me exactly where Scripture defines an age for the earth.
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning-the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

So what qualifies as a Day to God?
Look up in Wikipedia the definition of day. God is not stupid.

God may not be stupid, but I am a little concerned he's relying on Wikipedia to get the definition for a Day.
The Flat Earth Society has accepted atheism? "But He turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village." (Luke 9:55-56)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2018, 09:47:22 PM »
The Flat Earth Society has accepted atheism? "But He turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village." (Luke 9:55-56)
I have yet to see anything from you that supports the Failed Flat Earth Fantasy so you haven’t done anything to refute team "Globe".

The earth is a huge physical object and can be observed and measured and those observations and measurements do not fit a Flat Earth.

And I know the verse,
"But He turned, and rebuked them, and said,
             'Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.'
And they went to another village.' (Luke 9:55-56)

But I fail to see any relevance to the Flat Earth/Globe issue and you never seem to made any connection.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:52:35 PM by rabinoz »

JackBlack

« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2018, 11:10:05 PM »
Debunking of Globe (or anything else) is defined as demonstrating, that Globe can be wrong at least in principle.
No, not at least in principle. You need to show it is wrong in practice, or that the arguments supporting it are flawed.

Again, STOP LYING ABOUT WHAT THAT MEANS!
If you don't understand it, just don't say it.
Falsifiable doesn't mean wrong or can be wrong or the like. It means it can be shown to be wrong if it is actually wrong.

Something being falsifiable has no bearing of it is wrong.
The only weak connection is that non falsifiable things can't be right or wrong and instead have no truth value.

So again, you have't refuted or debunked anything.

But the Flat Earth is not debunked, thus not yet showed wrong. Why? Flat Earth team do not define
I don't give a damn what they want to define.
The simple fact is there are moutains of evindence showing Earth can't be flat. This refutes a flat Earth.
As such, a flat is refuted and debunked.

FEers following delusional methodology of just asserting Earth is flat and rejecting reality doesn't magically mean flat Earth hasn't been debunked and/or refuted.

Absolute Truth is anything that hasn’t been proven wrong and never will be proven wrong.
So again, RE and pixies are absolute truth.

Stop just repeating the same BS. It won't magically make it true.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2018, 11:25:30 PM »

Stop just repeating the same BS. It won't magically make it true.

JackBlack, heal thyself.

« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2018, 09:52:50 AM »
Hey "JackBlack", i've read some of your discussion with "Astronomy" and my conclusion is: stop it, there is no meaning to continue. The "Astronomy" guy is obviously a troll: he copies and paste the same answers over and over, pretend not to read/undestand any of your replies (even they being totally well-explained and strong replies) and uses a complete wrong logic. This kind of discussion is the same as evolution x creationism: people that argue with knowledge and logic x people that argue with blind faith, leading to nowhere besides rage (at least for me).

So I aprecciate your effort and patience, but stop it. It will just make you mad.

Have a nice day, bro!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2018, 11:19:48 PM »
Hey "JackBlack", i've read some of your discussion with "Astronomy" and my conclusion is: stop it, there is no meaning to continue. The "Astronomy" guy is obviously a troll: he copies and paste the same answers over and over, pretend not to read/undestand any of your replies (even they being totally well-explained and strong replies) and uses a complete wrong logic. This kind of discussion is the same as evolution x creationism: people that argue with knowledge and logic x people that argue with blind faith, leading to nowhere besides rage (at least for me).

So I aprecciate your effort and patience, but stop it. It will just make you mad.

Have a nice day, bro!

Hey, "Lucas Matteis", JackBlack does not need a sycophantic little nut licker.

Have a nice day, bro!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2018, 06:18:36 AM »

Again, falsifiable just means it can be shown to be wrong if it actually is wrong.
It doesn't matter how many times you want to repeat the same baseless bullshit, it doesn't make it true.

If something is touted as a theory, no matter what it is, it is falsifiable.

Everything about a globe is theory.

« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2018, 08:14:13 AM »
The globe theory vs the flat hypothesis ... I’m okay with that
Be gentle

JackBlack

« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2018, 12:30:35 PM »
I wouldn't say everything touted as a theory is falsifiable.
But yes, actual scientific theories are.
Again, that doesn't mean they are false.

If your model/theory is not falsifiable, you don't have a theory/model, you have a pile of garbage as you will never admit it is wrong and even if it is completely wrong there would be no way to show it. It has no useful truth value.

Yes, meaning it is the closest thing to truth we have (although I would also say there are plenty of direct observations as well).
This is vastly superior to the blind guesswork, blatant lies and delusional nonsense from the FE crowd.

« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »

Which measurements do you believe to be incorrect?

« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2018, 10:03:26 PM »

I think if you stood down off your soap box and considered reality rather than the rather twisted no sense school boy ‘logic’ you’re employing you might just catch a glimpse of reality that might just affect how you think.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m a big fan of philosophy as there is much to learn, though there is also much to get confused about.

It’s always a good idea in a case like this to check your working. You started off by saying...

But the Science according to its Globe proponents is falsifiable. Thus, the Science can in fact be wrong.

Then Globe is debunked, if not refuted.

But the Flat Earth is not debunked, thus not yet showed wrong. Why? Flat Earth team do not define the Science as "possibly wrong". To win any possible debate the Flat Earth followers must use more healthy methodology:
https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/why-science-was-built-up-in-such-way-to-depart-from-religion.215375/

Absolute Truth is anything that hasn’t been proven wrong and never will be proven wrong. If absolutely all statements of team Globe will be falsified (as the Science is falsifiable), then team Globe in the end is wrong about shape of the Earth.

You used a lot of words. If we boil it down a bit you appear to say becasuse the real world, the globe word operates or has done since the 1600 or so using principles such as the scientific method, then they should be judged on these principles, which I suppose is pretty fair.

However.....you then appear to say because  Flat Earth believers are not bound in their thinking by things like the scientific method or any method, in other words they are free to make shit up, you want to grant them some ‘crazy logic produced get out of jail free card’!

If you are on about the truth you can’t use two different measuring systems for determining the truth or otherwise about some single central question.

What I would say your whole argument falls from the very outset.