Questions, opinions

• 20 Replies
Questions, opinions
« on: December 12, 2018, 04:52:17 AM »
Hello, hi

I have been reading this forum for quite some time now, because I wanted to get your statements and explanations for some things. I decided to make an account to have some interaction as well, so here I am!

I think the Earth is in fact a sphere, but I am not here to laugh at you or to make fun of you, I'm open to your statements and explanations!

Although, I have to admit, in my opinion most people here a very ignorant, though that aside..

These are some questions I have asked myself a lot, so here they are

- Does the Flat Earth rotate?
- How does the equator work on a Flat Earth?
- Are we the only flat planet?
- What is the diameter of this disk shaped Earth?
- I have read that the 'edge' is guarded by ships and such owned by Nasa. Why don't you just build a spaceprobe to fly over the edge or why is there no proof of this 'guarded' edge?
- How thick is the Flat Earth?
- Last question, why would every country in the world lie about this?

Thanks in advance,
Seeya!
~ Riley
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:23:50 AM by Riley »

Re: Questions, opinions
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »
I'm curious about the answers too.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:08:43 AM »
Hello, hi

I have been reading this forum for quite some time now, because I wanted to get your statements and explanations for some things. I decided to make an account to have some interaction as well, so here I am!

I think the Earth is in fact a sphere, but I am not here to laugh at you or to make fun of you, I'm open to your statements and explanations!

Although, I have to admit, in my opinion most people here a very ignorant, though that aside..

- I have read that the 'edge' is guarded by ships and such owned by Nasa. Why don't you just build a spaceprobe to fly over the edge or why is there no proof of this 'guarded' edge?

Thanks in advance,
Seeya!
~ Riley

Hello Riley, welcome to the FES.

Does the Flat Earth rotate?

There are models which claim that it does rotate. I think Universal Acceleration is one of them.

How does the equator work on a Flat Earth?

The equator doesn't have a job, it's a fricking sponge. Srsly tho, it's a ring around the disc about halfway between the center and the edge.

Are we the only flat planet?

The earth is the only flat "planet" that we are aware of. It is unknown if there are others out there.

What is the diameter of this disk shaped Earth?

24,900 miles (I think)

I have read that the 'edge' is guarded by ships and such owned by Nasa. Why don't you just build a spaceprobe to fly over the edge or why is there no proof of this 'guarded' edge?

Most of the edge isn't guarded, it's simply too dangerous to go there. Also, why don't you just build a spaceprobe? Seems easy enough!

How thick is the Flat Earth?

She thicc.

Last question, why would every country in the world lie about this?

Most people who say the earth is round aren't lying, they believe what they are saying. They're mistaken.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

JCM

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 11:25:39 AM »
You are going to have to pick 1 topic to debate..

Hello, hi

No, it cannot rotate in every model I have seen. The entirety of the universe revolves the Earth.
The equator is just a line on a map defined by mankind.  It is the same line in both globe and flat earth.
No one knows the answer to that question.
There are multiple flat earth models so there is no definite answer to this question, also the Antarctic ring could add thousands and thousands of miles to the diameter, perhaps to infinity...
Well, most flat earth proponents don’t believe space travel is possible.  Beyond the wall, weather would quickly get so bad and temperatures so cold that further travel is impossible. 
No one knows the answer to this.
Flat earth proponents would argue it’s to control the population, possibly for religious reasons, possibly to enrich themselves.  The masses just believe what they are told.
Thanks in advance,
Seeya!
~ Riley
Welcome to the site!  Answers may vary will be a common theme to all your questions.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 01:53:58 PM »
And then again, there is that very detailed descrption of the ice wall by Samuel Birley Rowbotham in his book "Earth Not A Globe."
How high it is, what the temperature around and on it is - some say it is below Absolute Zero - , what lies beyond it, the howling winds, the undescribable hurricanes, the tundra which extends infinitely from it, et cetera, et  cerera, and so forth.

The earth is flat  they say,  simply because it's special.

Some religious ones say the Bible says "circle"........."Circle" means " flat"and that means it's  not round like a globe.
Some of them say that if you don't believe the earth is flat, but if you do believe the earth is a globe, you are a sinner, and you are going to  go to The BAD PLACE in a  hand-basket !

Flat earthers say it's for the money. All that money that supposedly goes into  NASA and the so-called  "space program" just goes into the pockets of those evil satan worshippers and satanics at NASA. And NASA is just an anagram for SATAN and the root of all lies and all evil. The NASA logo in it itself is the mark of the beast.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:30:07 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 02:17:51 PM »

There are models which claim that it does rotate. I think Universal Acceleration is one of them.
Wot???? Maybe you should reread your SacredTexts? Zetetic Astronomy, by 'Parallax' [1881], CHAPTER III. THE EARTH NO AXIAL OR ORBITAL MOTION.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 04:03:24 PM »
Maybe you should answer the question if you know the answer.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

JCM

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »

UA by definition is replacing gravity as to what is holding everything down. It is by definition a perfectly upwards force pushing the Earth upwards at 9.8m/s2.  So, no rotation is possible or else “down” would be changing constantly.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »
Well, I've read some arguments for it rotating like a pizza dough thrown in the air.

Also, the earth is infinite, so it can't rotate.

?

JCM

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 04:42:45 PM »
Well, I've read some arguments for it rotating like a pizza dough thrown in the air.
Star trails make that impossible.  Either the Earth is a rotating sphere, or the stars with two axis are a sphere rotating. No other scenarios are possible.
Also, the earth is infinite, so it can't rotate
Star trails also obviously make an infinite Earth impossible. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 05:34:27 PM »
Stars don't leave trails.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 05:39:53 PM »
 ;D

Stars leave trails on films on long time exposures.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:41:24 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 06:08:20 PM »
Did you read about that in your Navy lookout manual?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 08:23:13 PM »
Did you read about that in your Navy lookout manual?

No. Photography is just one of my hobbies. No connection with lookout manual.
There used to be a PM - Photographer's Mate Rating. They probably had training manuals, too.

There are also manuals for just about any specialty rating in the United States Navy but I'm not familiar with them in other ratings.
There are many specialty ratings in the U.S. Navy which ranged, alphabetically , from AB-Aviation Boatswain's Mate to YN-Yeoman.
I understand these are constantly changing. There was a proposal to do away with them but I understand there was so much opposition to this that they have been retained.

Here is how it worked when I was in the Navy.
You have a "Rate",  which is your rank or "pay grade"
You have a"Rating" which describes your "specialty" or your type of duty or job.

For example a BM1 would be:
A Boatswain's Mate
A First Class Petty Officer or Enlisted Pay Grade E-6....About equivalent to a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Army.

I just list all of this to point out that there is a lot more to it than the lookout manual.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:26:38 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »
I'm curious about the answers too.

I'm curious about questions on the horizon on a flat earth, too.

Chorus:

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 11:01:04 PM »
This question?
That's not my problem and not believing that the earth is flat myself I cannot speak for flat-earthers, but since you ask, according to anything I've seen the Flat Earth does not rotate or orbit the sun.

All I can do is to quote from some place like the SacredTexts, Zetetic Astronomy:
Quote from: Samuel Birley Rowbotham
Zetetic Astronomy, Chapter III
CHAPTER III.
THE EARTH NO AXIAL OR ORBITAL MOTION.
<< I'll let the reader read all detail in the referenced Chapter III of Zetetic Astronomy, pp. 67,68 >>
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
As the average time of the ball's absence in the atmosphere was 28 seconds--14 going upwards, and 14 in falling--we have only to multiply the time by the supposed velocity of the earth, and we find that instead of the ball coming down to within a few inches of the muzzle of the gun, it should have fallen behind it a distance of 8400 feet, or more than a mile and a half! Such a result is utterly destructive of the idea of the earth's possible rotation.
<< and again in the same chapter, p. 68 >>
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
On making the most exact experiments, however, no such effect is observed; and, therefore, the conclusion is in every sense unavoidable, that THE EARTH HAS NO MOTION OF ROTATION.

<< And still there's more to follow, pp. 78,79 >>
Everything actually observable in Nature; every argument furnished by experiment; every legitimate process of reasoning; and, as it would seem, everything which it is possible for the human mind practically to conceive, combine in evidence against the doctrine of the earth's motion upon axes.
<< Then Rowbotham sets out to prove that the earth cannot be in motion around the Sun, p. 9, read all about it in Zetetic Astronomy, >>
ORBITAL MOTION.--The preceding experiments and remarks, logically and mathematically suffice as evidence against the assumed motion of the earth in an orbit round the sun.
But that no point may be taken without direct and practical evidence, let the following experiment be tried.

Take two carefully-bored metallic tubes, not less than six feet in length, and place them one yard asunder, on the opposite sides of a wooden frame, or a solid block of wood or stone: so adjust them that their centres or axes of vision shall be perfectly parallel to each other. The following diagram will show the arrangement.
<< Read the rest in Zetetic Astronomy, Chapter III. >>

<< All from: Zetetic Astronomy, by Samuel Birley Rowbotham, Chapter III >>
So Rowbotham is certainly adamant that the earth, his flat earth, cannot possibly rotate or orbit the sun.

Maybe some knowledgeable flat earther could assist with something more authoritative.

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 02:35:03 PM »
This question?
That's not my problem and not believing that the earth is flat myself I cannot speak for flat-earthers, but since you ask, according to anything I've seen the Flat Earth does not rotate or orbit the sun.

All I can do is to quote from some place like the SacredTexts, Zetetic Astronomy:
CHAPTER III.
<< I'll let the reader read all detail in the referenced Chapter III of Zetetic Astronomy, pp. 67,68 >>
As the average time of the ball's absence in the atmosphere was 28 seconds--14 going upwards, and 14 in falling--we have only to multiply the time by the supposed velocity of the earth, and we find that instead of the ball coming down to within a few inches of the muzzle of the gun, it should have fallen behind it a distance of 8400 feet, or more than a mile and a half! Such a result is utterly destructive of the idea of the earth's possible rotation.
On making the most exact experiments, however, no such effect is observed; and, therefore, the conclusion is in every sense unavoidable, that THE EARTH HAS NO MOTION OF ROTATION.

Everything actually observable in Nature; every argument furnished by experiment; every legitimate process of reasoning; and, as it would seem, everything which it is possible for the human mind practically to conceive, combine in evidence against the doctrine of the earth's motion upon axes.
<< Then Rowbotham sets out to prove that the earth cannot be in motion around the Sun, p. 9, read all about it in Zetetic Astronomy, >>
ORBITAL MOTION.--The preceding experiments and remarks, logically and mathematically suffice as evidence against the assumed motion of the earth in an orbit round the sun.
But that no point may be taken without direct and practical evidence, let the following experiment be tried.

Take two carefully-bored metallic tubes, not less than six feet in length, and place them one yard asunder, on the opposite sides of a wooden frame, or a solid block of wood or stone: so adjust them that their centres or axes of vision shall be perfectly parallel to each other. The following diagram will show the arrangement.

So Rowbotham is certainly adamant that the earth, his flat earth, cannot possibly rotate or orbit the sun.

Maybe some knowledgeable flat earther could assist with something more authoritative.

How can someone be knowledgeable about something that does not exist?  That's the only thing to know about it

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »
This question?

CHAPTER III.

Rowbotham seemed "certainly adamant" in his detailed description of the ice wall.

Chorus:

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 05:43:00 PM »

I have understood, that there are like 4 or 5 (I'm not sure) different models for the Flat Earth. My question is, if there are different models for Flat Earth but just one, for a Round Earth, isn't it better, to believe on a more development model of Earth? The one that is 100% completed.
I mean, if there are different models, isn't because Flat Earthers are not 100% sure about it?

I'm waiting for answers.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »

I have understood, that there are like 4 or 5 (I'm not sure) different models for the Flat Earth. My question is, if there are different models for Flat Earth but just one, for a Round Earth, isn't it better, to believe on a more development model of Earth? The one that is 100% completed.
I mean, if there are different models, isn't because Flat Earthers are not 100% sure about it?

I'm waiting for answers.

Flat earthers are supposed to be free thinkers.

Chorus:

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »

They certinally do if you take a photograph of them with a long enough exposure, go try it and make sure to use a good steady tripod......and a camera....with a lens...the faster the better, something like 24mm f1.4 would do nicely.