Must Dr. Kent Hovind become Flat Earther?

• 46 Replies
Must Dr. Kent Hovind become Flat Earther?
« on: November 26, 2018, 10:43:16 PM »
Then tell me one thing- a Young Earth Creationist, if he is consistent, must believe also in Flat Earth? The team Globe says, that the world extends almost into an endless past (up to 14 billion years deep). This is definitely not the Biblical Knowledge (team Globe is mixing God and the liar - satan. Don't do it! In the 6 days of Genesis there are 6 evenings and 6 mornings! cf. Genesis 1:31). And that the world stretches infinitely into space. If satanic team lies also in the case of space, then the Earth is flat. Can Globe-rs lie in one case and tell the truth in another? In any case they are not trustworthy.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 08:44:23 AM by Astronomy »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Two pebbles have debunked round Earth theory?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 10:50:35 PM »

All rights reserved by God: under the fear of hell do not make plagiarism, do not copy without my permission! God serves me, His Son even died for me.

ur retarted.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 10:51:44 PM »

All rights reserved by God: under the fear of hell do not make plagiarism, do not copy without my permission! God serves me, His Son even died for me.

ur retarted.
It is the hate speech, isn't it?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 10:58:50 PM »

ur retarted.

Yes.

How many times do you intend to repost the same thing?

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 11:02:46 PM »

ur retarted.

Yes.

How many times do you intend to repost the same thing?
The CN is nothing. The posts in CN do no exist. So, there is only single thread.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 11:13:13 PM »

ur retarted.

Yes.
Brave one, yeah? Care to write me in PM your name and ID?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 11:26:38 PM »

ur retarted.

This is an understatement of epic proportions.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 11:31:57 PM »

ur retarted.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 11:35:55 PM »

My name is Bullwinkle J. Moose of Frostbite Falls, Minnesota.
I attended college at "Wossamotta U" on a football scholarship.
At one time I was the part-owner, part-governor of the island of Moosylvania.

My buddy Rocky J. Squirrel can vouch for me.

Now you post up your CV.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 11:39:53 PM »

ur retarted.

Jack Torrance. 

Former Teacher and Author. 

Currently employed as the Caretaker at the Overlook Hotel in Colorado.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 11:50:46 PM »

Now you post up your CV.
Friends, how honest you are! My pleasure. But what about those crazy insults?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 11:56:54 PM »

Now you post up your CV.

Your turn. Who are you?

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 11:58:40 PM »

Now you post up your CV.

Your turn. Who are you?
Wait till I will make a criminal act, or a criminal insult, then ask me for my ID. Just like I did.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 12:09:39 AM »

Now you post up your CV.

Your turn. Who are you?
Wait till I will make a criminal act, or a criminal insult, then ask me for my ID. Just like I did.

I understand.
You are afraid to be honest.

Only a real man can tell the truth.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 01:03:44 AM »
Two pebbles (small stones), which fly in a circle around the Sun,
What are these "two pebbles"? Do mean the sun and moon. But if so what has the moon got to do with it? If not, what is it?

Quote from: Astronomy
form a segment (straight line) that turns its direction relatively to distant stars: the segment for the annual period will not be directed to the area of the same star.
Of you claim that please calculate how far it will deviate from that star in both kilometres and angle.

Why is the axis of the Earth for the year period almost does not depart from the Polar Star?
The axis of the earth never points directly towards the Pole Star. Polaris is about 44 arcminutes from the North Celestial Pole.

The axis does make a circle in the sky with a radius of about 149.6 million km and anyone claiming to be an astronomer would know that!
At the distance of the Pole Star that radius forms an angle of only about 0.01 arcseconds.

In the inertial frame of reference, the direction of the segment between the pebbles always coincide with the direction of the axis of rotation of the Earth: Newton's First law as conservation of direction of segment between two small stones (not only the conservation of angular momentum we see in inertial laboratory!) Note, that the axis of rotation of the Earth is not perpendicular to the plane of the orbit around the Sun.

It turns out, that in Newton's theory, in addition to Dark Matter, there is also a Dark Force turning the axis of the Earth towards the Polar Star.
Incorrect! There is no need to drag either "Dark Matter" or" Dark Force Energy" into the explanation of the solar system.
They are totally irrelevant on any scale less than galactic dimensions.

All rights reserved by God: under the fear of hell do not make plagiarism, do not copy without my permission! God serves me, His Son even died for me. So, ask me for permission, not God, by writing me here: familyname50@mail.ru
I'll copy your post as needed to reply to reply.

In my opinion your "two pebbles have debunked" nothing, least of all the Globe. If your argument had any validity it would be against heliocentrism not the Globe.

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 01:30:18 AM »
What are these "two pebbles"? Do mean the sun and moon. But if so what has the moon got to do with it? If not, what is it?
Small stones are just two dust-particles, if you do not see stones on the road.

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 01:50:16 AM »

form a segment (straight line) that turns its direction relatively to distant stars: the segment for the annual period will not be directed to the area of the same star.
Of you claim that please calculate how far it will deviate from that star in both kilometres and angle.

In the inertial frame of reference, the direction of the segment between the pebbles always coincide with the direction of the axis of rotation of the Earth: Newton's First law as conservation of direction of segment between two small stones (not only the conservation of angular momentum we see in inertial laboratory!) Note, that the axis of rotation of the Earth is not perpendicular to the plane of the orbit around the Sun.

It turns out, that in Newton's theory, in addition to Dark Matter, there is also a Dark Force turning the axis of the Earth towards the Polar Star.
Incorrect! There is no need to drag either "Dark Matter" or" Dark Force Energy" into the explanation of the solar system.
They are totally irrelevant on any scale less than galactic dimensions.

All rights reserved by God: under the fear of hell do not make plagiarism, do not copy without my permission! God serves me, His Son even died for me. So, ask me for permission, not God, by writing me here: familyname50@mail.ru
I'll copy your post as needed to reply to reply.

In my opinion your "two pebbles have debunked" nothing, least of all the Globe. If your argument had any validity it would be against heliocentrism not the Globe.

Friend, I am not your enemy. So, please, LOVE me.

1. If the Celestial Pole has 23 degree angle from the perpendicular to solar system, then the annual motion of Celestial Pole would have 23 degree radius unless the Dark Force is present.

2. I have new results about Dark Matter and Dark Force. So, they are here, on Earth.

3. My result debunks Newton, who supports round Earth. Thus, my result makes good for Flat Earth Society.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 02:41:58 AM »
Friend, I am not your enemy. So, please, LOVE me.
Sure, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with you.

1. If the Celestial Pole has 23 degree angle from the perpendicular to solar system, then the annual motion of Celestial Pole would have 23 degree radius unless the Dark Force is present.
No it wouldn't.
The rotating earth has a massive angular momentum and "conservation of angular momentum" would keep the rotational axis pointing the same direction relative to the "fixed stars" - not that they're really fixed, they just look like it.
Though gravitational forces from the sun, etc do lead to a very slow precession with a period of about 26,000 years.
Hence there is no need for any "Dark Matter" and "Dark Force Energy" within the Solar System to keep the axis pointing in the same direction.

2. I have new results about Dark Matter and Dark Force. So, they are here, on Earth.
So you claim, but where is your evidence and how could you detect either?

3. My result debunks Newton, who supports round Earth.
I seriously doubt that because Newton's theories have a great deal of evidence, collected over more than rwo centuries, to support them.

But debunking Newton will do nothing to debunk the Globe though it might have an impact on the heliocentric system.

Thus, my result makes good for Flat Earth Society.
Maybe you should find out how to post in the "Flat Earth Believers" section so that we Globe supporters can't intrude.

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 05:23:29 AM »
Currently employed as the Caretaker at the Overlook Hotel in Colorado.
I think I stayed there.  Your mum was looking a bit peaky.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 05:26:04 AM »

No it wouldn't.
The rotating earth has a massive angular momentum and "conservation of angular momentum" would keep the rotational axis pointing the same direction relative to the "fixed stars" - not that they're really fixed, they just look like it.
Though gravitational forces from the sun, etc do lead to a very slow precession with a period of about 26,000 years.
Hence there is no need for any "Dark Matter" and "Dark Force Energy" within the Solar System to keep the axis pointing in the same direction.

So you claim, but where is your evidence and how could you detect either?

In the inertial frame of reference, the direction of the segment between the pebbles always coincide with the direction of the axis of rotation of the Earth: Newton's First law as conservation of direction of segment between two small stones (not only the conservation of angular momentum we see in inertial laboratory!)

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 07:09:26 AM »

Now you post up your CV.

Your turn. Who are you?

Huh?  Are you saying that Bullwinkle and myself committed a criminal act against you?

And are you saying that you will commit a criminal act against me and Bullwinkle?

Rabinoz RIP

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 10:15:49 AM »
In the inertial frame of reference, the direction of the segment between the pebbles always coincide with the direction of the axis of rotation of the Earth: Newton's First law as conservation of direction of segment between two small stones (not only the conservation of angular momentum we see in inertial laboratory!)
What are these "two small stones" and where are that they are not subject to the gravitational fields of the earth, sun and moon?

If there are any external forces on these  "two small stones" then you can't apply Newton's First law to them.
Newton's First Law states that an object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force.

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 10:40:53 PM »

Now you post up your CV.

Your turn. Who are you?

Huh?  Are you saying that Bullwinkle and myself committed a criminal act against you?

And are you saying that you will commit a criminal act against me and Bullwinkle?
What about Presumption of Innocence? Till I would commit crime, I am not criminal.
But the crazy insults are criminal act: look for insults in the official laws against criminality.

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 10:47:44 PM »
What are these "two small stones" and where are that they are not subject to the gravitational fields of the earth, sun and moon?

If there are any external forces on these  "two small stones" then you can't apply Newton's First law to them.
Newton's First Law states that an object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force.
They are test bodies: use your imagination. Just put in your imagination 1 sm radius stones there.
The Newton laws say, that the segment conserves direction, because on the segment act two forces, which compensate each other: gravity, and Centrifugal force.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 11:06:44 PM »
In my haste, I missed this.

Where are these stones in relation to the earth. Are they near enough to earth or other objects to be influenced by the gravitational fields of these.

But why don't you draw or sketch a diagram because from what you have said in your OP:
Two pebbles (small stones), which fly in a circle around the Sun, form a segment (straight line) that turns its direction relatively to distant stars:
the segment for the annual period will not be directed to the area of the same star. Why is the axis of the Earth for the year period almost does not depart from the Polar Star?
The line through the pebbles will not remain pointing in the same direction. To say anymore I would need to know the initial positions and orbital velocities.

On the other hand, the rotating earth has a very large angular momentum (about 7.0 × 1033kgm2/s) and conservation of angular momentum will keep it pointing in the same direction.

So unless you have further explanations I see no debunking the Heliocentric Globe Earth theory, in fact, I fail to see the point entirely.

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 04:58:00 AM »
In my haste, I missed this.

Where are these stones in relation to the earth. Are they near enough to earth or other objects to be influenced by the gravitational fields of these.

But why don't you draw or sketch a diagram because from what you have said in your OP:
Two pebbles (small stones), which fly in a circle around the Sun, form a segment (straight line) that turns its direction relatively to distant stars:
the segment for the annual period will not be directed to the area of the same star. Why is the axis of the Earth for the year period almost does not depart from the Polar Star?
The line through the pebbles will not remain pointing in the same direction. To say anymore I would need to know the initial positions and orbital velocities.

On the other hand, the rotating earth has a very large angular momentum (about 7.0 × 1033kgm2/s) and conservation of angular momentum will keep it pointing in the same direction.

So unless you have further explanations I see no debunking the Heliocentric Globe Earth theory, in fact, I fail to see the point entirely.

To prove my point I am asking you to want to believe in idea correctness. If your mind is set to refute, you will "refute" even God Almighty by a wishful thinking, like the Immanuel Kant did with Thomas Aquinas'es 5 proves of God.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:59:57 AM by Astronomy »

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2018, 10:12:57 AM »

Now you post up your CV.

Your turn. Who are you?

What about Presumption of Innocence? Till I would commit crime, I am not criminal.
But the crazy insults are criminal act: look for insults in the official laws against criminality.

I have studied criminal law, insults are not a crime.   Let me guess, you don't live in the United States.

EDIT:  Removed some words to be "nicer".
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:19:59 AM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »
Let me guess, you don't live in the United States.

EDIT:  Removed some words to be "nicer".
Yeah, I am a poor "pleb". LOL.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2018, 01:07:46 PM »
God serves me...
No, it's the other way around.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 02:36:25 PM »

To prove my point I am asking you to want to believe in idea correctness. If your mind is set to refute, you will "refute" even God Almighty by a wishful thinking, like the Immanuel Kant did with Thomas Aquinas'es 5 proves of God.
Of course I "want to believe in idea correctness" but if you refuse to explain the detail of your original post, including a diagram of what you mean, there's no more that I can say.

Appeals like your "If your mind is set to refute, you will "refute" even God Almighty by a wishful thinking, like the Immanuel Kant did with Thomas Aquinas's 5 proves of God" mean nothing unless you are prepared to explain what you mean.

I can find nothing in say Philosophical Proofs on the Existence of God, St. Thomas Aquinas’ Cosmological Argument. that is even slightly relevant to your claims.

You possibly this part from the above:
The Teleological Argument
The teleological argument, or argument from design, is also summarized by St. Thomas Aquinas in the Summa Theologica. Here is the extract from the Summa:
          The fifth way is taken from the governance of the world. We see that things that lack intelligence, such as natural bodies, act for an end, and this is evident from their acting always, or nearly always, in the same way, so as to obtain the best result. Hence it is plain that not fortuitously, but designedly, do they achieve their end. Now whatever lacks intelligence cannot move towards an end, unless it be directed by some being endowed with knowledge and intelligence; as the arrow is shot to its mark by the archer. Therefore some intelligent being exists by whom all natural things are directed to their end; and this being we call God.
St. Thomas Aquinas
Perhaps this is the most common form of reasoning behind the existence of God. The average theist will argue for the existence of God with the teleological argument.
That is all about the "existence of God" and I can see no connection between that and your claim in the OP.

You might be interested in:
Quote from: Dr. Danny R. Faulkner, April 4, 2017
Does the Bible Teach That the Earth Is Flat?
As the medieval scholar Geoffrey Burton Russell ably demonstrated,1 contrary to common misconception, the medieval church did not teach that the earth was flat. Thomas Aquinas introduced Aristotelian thought into medieval church teaching. Writing in the fourth century BC, Aristotle clearly taught that the earth was spherical. In the early second century BC, Eratosthenes accurately measured the circumference of the spherical earth. Claudius Ptolemy’s Almagest, from the early second century AD, provided a useful model for calculating the positions of heavenly bodies. While this model was geocentric, it did not promote a flat earth, but instead was based upon a spherical earth. The works of Aristotle, Eratosthenes, and Ptolemy were all widely available and discussed in the late medieval period, and continued to be through the transition to the Renaissance. Given the clear record of history, why is it so commonly believed today that most people, and especially the church, thought that the earth was flat?
The rest of that paper is also very relevant.

So please explain exactly what your claim boils down to.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:34:20 PM by rabinoz »