Poll

Or did they

YES of course they did. It's NASA! They wouldn't lie to us!
6 (60%)
NO, NASA is Bullshit
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

NASA lands another probe on Mars

• 85 Replies
Re: NASA lands another probe on Mars
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
This probe is supposedly going to do what we have not been able to do with Earth - study the planets interior. We still dont know a great deal about our own planet and we live on the damn thing.

I will quote you.

"What nonsense."

Stop projecting your ignorance on others.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »
This probe is supposedly going to do what we have not been able to do with Earth - study the planets interior. We still dont know a great deal about our own planet and we live on the damn thing.

I will quote you.

"What nonsense."

Stop projecting your ignorance on others.

There is much we dont know about out own planet. There is a lot we assume though.

Also, 70% of our world is covered in water. Most of which we have not explored.

The most we have been able to dig a hole is ~12km deep. The crust alone is over 60km. And you think we have learned almost all there is to know about the Earth?

I will happily quote myself to you

"What nonsense"

And I will quote yourself back to you

"Stop projecting your ignorance on others."

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2018, 01:21:39 PM »
“Fuck sound waves, how do they work?”

-shifter
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2018, 01:26:39 PM »
“Fuck sound waves, how do they work?”

-shifter

The knowledge is still based on assumption and best guess

Example. How big is the core of the Earth? Can you provide an accurate answer? Or will your answer be a best guess?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2018, 01:38:52 PM »
My ASI has led me to an answer.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2018, 01:43:38 PM »

And that answer is........

Know your place

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2018, 02:18:06 PM »

The most we have been able to dig a hole is ~12km deep. The crust alone is over 60km.

Digging a hole is not the only way to obtain information.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2018, 02:38:55 PM »

The most we have been able to dig a hole is ~12km deep. The crust alone is over 60km.

You dont say..... But at 12km it shows how little of our own world we have physically explored.

Example - If we dug to a depth of 50km, there would be more things we would have learned. Right now we can say we have a good assumption of the makeup of the Earths interior, but that's it. We dont know it. We could dig to 200km and still maintain a lot of ignorance.

Know your place

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2018, 02:47:48 PM »

And that answer is........
Your inferior mind can’t comprehend the answer.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2018, 03:16:43 PM »

You dont say..... But at 12km it shows how little of our own world we have physically explored.

Why do you keep insisting that physical exploration is a requirement for knowledge? It's not.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »

Why do you keep insisting that physical exploration is a requirement for knowledge? It's not.

Its a requirement to avoid any level of assumption. You can use tools that let you 'see' below the surface but that doesn't extend to 12,000km of Earth. 99% of what is beneath your feet is based on assumptions. Some good assumptions and some vague assumptions. There is no tool that tells you with certainty there is tonnes of diamonds directly under you. You would have to dig!

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2018, 03:31:49 PM »

Example - If we dug to a depth of 50km, there would be more things we would have learned. Right now we can say we have a good assumption of the makeup of the Earths interior, but that's it. We dont know it. We could dig to 200km and still maintain a lot of ignorance.
That's because digging a hole only tells you about the material that you dig up.  In order to properly physically explore the earth, you would literally need to dig up the entire surface of the earth right down to the core.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »

Its a requirement to avoid any level of assumption. You can use tools that let you 'see' below the surface but that doesn't extend to 12,000km of Earth. 99% of what is beneath your feet is based on assumptions. Some good assumptions and some vague assumptions. There is no tool that tells you with certainty there is tonnes of diamonds directly under you. You would have to dig!

Someone needs a refresher in epistemology.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2018, 01:25:41 PM »
But I thought that Asinine Shifter's Imagination (AKA your ASI) knew all things?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2018, 02:39:09 PM »
But I thought that Asinine Shifter's Imagination (AKA your ASI) knew all things?

It does.

You don't.

Know your place

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2018, 02:41:10 PM »
Then why do you know so little?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2018, 03:17:15 PM »
Then why do you know so little?

I'm still a human in this time.... For now.

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2018, 03:42:16 PM »

It does.

You don't.
I never claimed to know everything but it seems Asinine Shifter's Imagination still spouts bunkum!

But still no real evidence relevant to "NASA lands another probe on Mars".

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2018, 02:50:18 PM »
Why is nobody concerned about Mars getting probed?

#MarsToo

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2018, 05:02:35 PM »
We have 365GP cameras. They should use that
Why?  What useful scientific information can you get out a 365GP image that you can't get out of a mosaic of 1MP images?

Mars landers aren't there for sightseeing.  They're there for carrying out scientific exploration and research.
Oops, shifter messed up the quoting and now it thinks I said that! Which I did not.

Tons of InSight photos are online right now, i should try and make some mosaics!
):

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2018, 05:53:21 PM »
Why?  What useful scientific information can you get out a 365GP image that you can't get out of a mosaic of 1MP images?

Mars landers aren't there for sightseeing.  They're there for carrying out scientific exploration and research.
Oops, shifter messed up the quoting and now it thinks I said that! Which I did not.

Tons of InSight photos are online right now, i should try and make some mosaics!
Good, now you can get trolled by the Shifty-eyed-one ;D too and take some of the heat off me :).

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2018, 08:41:46 PM »

It's ok. I know what I said and I know I said that.

Know your place

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2018, 01:48:21 AM »
Why is nobody concerned about Mars getting probed?

#MarsToo
Technically its a lander, not a probe.
):

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2018, 03:04:20 AM »
The silly parachute system scuppers the whole mars shenanigans.
So little atmosphere, we are told and yet they come in at super speeds and deploy one that somehow slows the so called lander down to enable it to use it's thrusters.
Why can't people see this idiocy for what it is?

Are people that hell bent on the fantasy of space and planetary landings that they're willing to take leave of their senses in order to accept this sci-fi as real?

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2018, 03:32:27 AM »
So little atmosphere, we are told and yet they come in at super speeds and deploy one that somehow slows the so called lander down to enable it to use it's thrusters.
Why can't people see this idiocy for what it is?

Are people that hell bent on the fantasy of space and planetary landings that they're willing to take leave of their senses in order to accept this sci-fi as real?
Why do you know it better than the thousands of engineers that work on the project? Who do it for a living.
):

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2018, 03:56:12 AM »
Sure, so little atmosphere but enough for specially researched and designed super-sonic parachute to slow the lander down to a point where little rocket thrust was needed to land it.
It was a trade-off between the mass of the fuel needed for retro-rockets and the mass of the parachute system.
Yet ignorant little people like you just ridicule it without even looking into how it was designed.

Here go and read a little on it: SPACEFLIGHT 101, InSight Spacecraft Overview, enjoy ;).

But it worked - get used to it!