Creation of the Flat Earth

• 6 Replies
Creation of the Flat Earth
« on: November 17, 2018, 01:26:16 AM »
While many flat earthers on this forum say there are no religious reasons to their belief in a flat earth, I wonder if they have given any thought as to how the flat earth was formed.

Religious globe earthers can say the earth was created, non religious globe earthers can describe scientific processes by which a globe earth was formed.

Outside of religious creation, what other explanations can be given for the formation of a flat earth?

How could/did the flat earth come to be?

Re: Creation of the Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 02:16:12 PM »
Even among REs, the formation of the universe and earth are not totally known, proven and agreed, as this is tough to prove for obvious reasons.

I don't see the difference between FE and RE on the natural process vs supernatural being creation. Either could be either. Of course, with FE, you do have physics problems such as space shuttle and ISS can do experiments in 0g where things let loose tend to attract each other into balls, and when you look at other planets and the moon and the sun, they are round, seemingly spheroid, as the physics predicts round. You would need an explanation as to why it is flat. In RE, the explanation for why it is round is consistent with the physics, the experiments, and observations of other planets.

Also, you have to explain gravity again, because on a disk, you would be pulled to the center of the disk, not straight down. So you will need a lot of math and experiments. If you produce them, you will be rich and famous and go down in history alongside Newton, Copernicus and Einstein.
Is it possible for something to be both true and unproven?

Are things that are true and proven any different from things that are true but not proven?

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 03:00:28 AM »
Is there a flat earth response to this? Or flat earth research hasn't considered it yet?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »
Is there a flat earth response to this? Or flat earth research hasn't considered it yet?
Pick a model. DET's the one that goes most into detail, describing it as formed where two flows meet, and explaining where those flows come from:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71053.msg2093614#msg2093614

UA models I imagine would be similar, albeit with one flow basically only existing depending on frame of reference. Infinite Earth I imagine would need to be semi-religious because the creation of an infinite physical object almost requires 'has always been there.'

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »
While many flat earthers on this forum say there are no religious reasons to their belief in a flat earth, I wonder if they have given any thought as to how the flat earth was formed.

Religious globe earthers can say the earth was created, non religious globe earthers can describe scientific processes by which a globe earth was formed.

Outside of religious creation, what other explanations can be given for the formation of a flat earth?

How could/did the flat earth come to be?

Letís for a moment look at reality from a known geographical perspective. Feet firmly on Tera firma
Now Iím not sure where you have been, but Iíve traveled a fair bit, as have many other people. Before the days of GPS you would purchase a map to help find your way around that might well show distances. You would look at the map and drive from a to b. and sure enough the distance was as advertised. Now extrapolate that to everyone on the planet all doing their own a to b.
Have you, your friends or neighbors ever complained about variability in their home to work commute? Do you know people who drive different distances from a to b on different days based on what flat earth Ďmodelityí they believe in on that particular day?
Probably not. All land distances are set and known, the size of countries are known as are the size of all the continents they make up. Roads donít lie, unlike some people.
Now the oceans, distances across the Pacific and Atlantic are known, they have been sailed for hundreds of years, cables of known length have been laid linking all the continents.
Can these known distances change because a new flat earth modelity takes your fancy?
The answer is no. Itís just not possible in the same way as the distance down Route 66 canít change ever. Drove that in the early 80s so can confirm itís length. Lopping off 10,000 Km of the earths circumstances would sure put a dent in the width of the continental USA and the length of Route 66. For that very reason we know the distances between everywhere, a flat earth map that would have to alter them is just not possible hence a flat earth is not possible.

faded mike

• new world
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 07:26:12 PM »
I totally think the Firmament was created by omnipotent intelligence for us to enlighten in/upon. To claim to understand such things and put them into human terms, I have little doubt, is part of the folly of our science.
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

I am not a druggy

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 02:27:52 AM »
I totally think the Firmament was created by omnipotent intelligence for us to enlighten in/upon. To claim to understand such things and put them into human terms, I have little doubt, is part of the folly of our science.

So creation then.
That's 1 opinion.
Any others?