I Will Prove The Flat Earth Theory Wrong!!🌎🌍🌏

• 38 Replies
I Will Prove The Flat Earth Theory Wrong!!🌎🌍🌏
« on: October 23, 2018, 06:03:14 AM »
Feel free to post reasons why the earth ISN’T round. I will debunk your theories. This is only me debunking your theories, not a group of researchers. 😈Have Fun😈

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: I Will Prove The Flat Earth Theory Wrong!!🌎🌍🌏
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:51:57 AM »
You can read the forum to find evidence about the flat Earth.  What evidence do you want to debate?  You sound lazy like you don't want to do any work. 

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 09:06:36 AM »
Feel free to post reasons why the earth ISN’T round. I will debunk your theories. This is only me debunking your theories, not a group of researchers. 😈Have Fun😈
Okay

Statement: the earth isn’t round because the earth is flat.

You go buddy
Be gentle

Mikey T.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 02:32:31 PM »
Why go through the pretence?  A simple viewing of a sunset destroys all FE models.  That happens daily.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 02:43:28 PM »
The earth isn't a Globe because:
  • The ocean horizon is flat and at eyelevel:

Ships wake disappearing over Horizon

Scarborough Beacon 50 mm lens

• Distant buildings do not appear to lean backwards:

Toronto and CN Tower - from 30 km

Toronto and CN Tower enlarged - from 30 km

• And to finish off:
Show me the curvature!

;) No problem ;)!

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 10:38:53 AM »

• And to finish off:
Show me the curvature!

;) No problem ;)!
ok here:
This is the exact same image you posted. No editing except for the red line, which is perfectly straight, down to the pixel.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 12:54:01 PM »
Personally, I think that could be an ocean swell, but if the earth were spherical, would we really see a curved horizon if we saw the same distance in all ditrections?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:59:20 PM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »

• And to finish off:
Show me the curvature!

;) No problem ;)!
ok here:
This is the exact same image you posted. No editing except for the red line, which is perfectly straight, down to the pixel.
Not convinced! Can you guarantee the camera used has absolutely no distortion, down to the pixel? Here is a photo I took with a normal 50 mm lens and a little higher resolution.

Scarborough Beacon 50 mm lens - higher res, cropped top and bottom.
And the rest?

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »

• And to finish off:
Show me the curvature!

;) No problem ;)!
ok here:
Not convinced! Can you guarantee the camera used has absolutely no distortion, down to the pixel? Here is a photo I took with a normal 50 mm lens and a little higher resolution.

And the rest?
Nah. Just wanted to knock one bit off of your evidence.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 12:04:13 AM »
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And the rest?
Nah. Just wanted to knock one bit off of your evidence.
But I don't accept that you did "knock one bit off of . . . . evidence".
That being that the horizon from a height of say 2 m is so flat that you could not detect any curvature.
Admittedly I did not take the ship's wake photo but I did take the "Scarborough Beacon" one, so know the details of it.

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 09:38:31 AM »
Personally, I think that could be an ocean swell, but if the earth were spherical, would we really see a curved horizon if we saw the same distance in all ditrections?

No on a Spherical earth if you stand on a boat in the middle of the ocean and look in all directions the horizon should be flat. The curvature would be a way from you and objects should disappear below the horizon as they travel away from your location.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 11:55:06 AM »
Why go through the pretence?  A simple viewing of a sunset destroys all FE models.  That happens daily.

How does a sunset destroy "all" FE models? The sun goes underneath the Earth at night and comes back up in the morning. Even the Aztecs knew this, though they believed the sun had to fight off demons underneath the Earth so they killed people to give the sun strength for its battles, which was even more wacky than the round-Earth theory.

Sunsets are sometimes very pretty. I love a good sunset. (And I'm glad the sun doesn't actually have to fight off demons at night.) But the sun going under the Earth does not disprove all FE models. It only disproves the wackadoodle FE theories that claim that the sun doesn't go underneath at night.  ;)

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »

How does a sunset destroy "all" FE models? The sun goes underneath the Earth at night and comes back up in the morning. Even the Aztecs knew this, though they believed the sun had to fight off demons underneath the Earth so they killed people to give the sun strength for its battles, which was even more wacky than the round-Earth theory.

Sunsets are sometimes very pretty. I love a good sunset. (And I'm glad the sun doesn't actually have to fight off demons at night.) But the sun going under the Earth does not disprove all FE models. It only disproves the wackadoodle FE theories that claim that the sun doesn't go underneath at night.  ;)

If the sun goes underneath the Earth, there would be no daylight on the earth for a period of time for anyone.  That doesn't happen, so.... back to sunset destroys FE Models.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 12:39:51 PM »

If the sun goes underneath the Earth, there would be no daylight on the earth for a period of time for anyone.  That doesn't happen, so.... back to sunset destroys FE Models.

Also brings the gravity vs ball question back into play.
How does earth stay plate-like?
Gravity on a finite plate of this size would crush itself back into a plate.
Or the earth would be spinning so fast to flatten out you would see a huge difference in weight at the outter rim due to angular forces.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 12:48:29 PM »

Also brings the gravity vs ball question back into play.
How does earth stay plate-like?
Gravity on a finite plate of this size would crush itself back into a plate.
Or the earth would be spinning so fast to flatten out you would see a huge difference in weight at the outter rim due to angular forces.

Gravity isn't unidirectional.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

JackBlack

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »
How does a sunset destroy "all" FE models? The sun goes underneath the Earth at night and comes back up in the morning.
All modern FE models which accept the reality that the sun is always above some point on Earth, and the reality of time zones.

You need a FE model where the sun goes below Earth to allow sunsets, without going below Earth to keep some section of Earth illuminated.
Also, the sun always need to be setting, i.e. going below Earth, while simultaneously be rising, i.e. coming out from below Earth.

All FE models are "wackadoodle" and none are theories as they are unable to explain reality and are easily refuted.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 04:36:09 PM »

There would be daylight for the people living on the under-side of the Earth.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 07:16:51 PM »
But the hours of night and day do not work like that.
Your two-sided earth would seem to imply that whole hemisphere had daylight at the same time but the region of daylight moves gradually around the earth as in this animation.

Sunrise & Sunset Animated
Or on the "live  map" at Live map of where it is daytime, twilight or night time by Dominic Ford

Your "flat earth" seems to be getting close to ;) JRoweSkeptic's ;) DET.

JackBlack

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 07:35:33 PM »
And as we can move between these sides, and as the change is gradual, lets go and smooth out that transition between the top side and under side of Earth.
Oh hey, it's round.

RE, always sneaking in when people try to make FE models match reality...

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 10:00:24 PM »
Wow... as pressed the plane earth. And what you know actually about a full-sphere? Why as fishes you are silent that the moon is twisted round its pivot-center always to show one side. And satellites are never twisted!
Which of you believing in a full-sphere will answer this simple question?
Do you want to prove that the earth not plane? Then at first obyasnit behavior of the moon! All of you got! With the nonsenses about the earth - a full-sphere. You have sharover no obyasneniye of such behavior of the moon. Therefore doesn't follow is proud and to philosophize.
The earth believes, because magic exists!

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 07:44:31 AM »
Wow... as pressed the plane earth. And what you know actually about a full-sphere? Why as fishes you are silent that the moon is twisted round its pivot-center always to show one side. And satellites are never twisted!
Do you want to prove that the earth not plane? Then at first obyasnit behavior of the moon! All of you got! With the nonsenses about the earth - a full-sphere. You have sharover no obyasneniye of such behavior of the moon. Therefore doesn't follow is proud and to philosophize.

Wow. Are you using a random word generator? With some Russian thrown in for fun? Or maybe a bargain-basement Russian-to-English translator program? Hey, we're on the same side of the flat Earth debate, but I still can't figure out what you're trying to say. Except that I googled obyasnit and obyasneniye and they appear to be Russian words.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 03:14:40 PM »
Wow... as pressed the plane earth. And what you know actually about a full-sphere?
I know that the earth's being a full sphere is the only shape that fit's current observations, including the obvious NASA SCIENCE, SOLAR SYSTEM EXPLORATION: Face of Earth

Source: NASA/NOAA
Quote from: Heavenly Breeze
Why as fishes you are silent
That is incorrect! Many fish do many noises.

that the moon is twisted round its pivot-center always to show one side. And satellites are never twisted!
That is incorrect!
Most artificial satellites do rotate on their axis so as to keep the required side facing the earth as I carefully explained in another post.
And many of the moons of the planets in the solar system are also "tidally locked" to their parent body even the planet Mercury is tidally locked to the sun, but in a 3:2 ration.

Do you want to prove that the earth not plane? Then at first obyasnit behavior of the moon! All of you got! With the nonsenses about the earth - a full-sphere. You have sharover no obyasneniye of such behavior of the moon.
Incorrect! You did not previously ask for an explanation of such behaviour for the moon but I do have an explanation for the moon.

The moon's rotation was slowed down initially by what are known as tidal effects causing friction within the moon.
But this effect can only bring the moon's rotation almost to its orbital period and never quite phase-lock it.
This final phase-locking is due gravitational gradient effects as described in that Russian paper you linked to.
Put in simple terms the (very slightly) heavier side of the moon faces the earth.

Therefore doesn't follow is proud and to philosophize.
I'm neither being proud nor philosophising but simply explaining why things as they are.

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 04:56:13 AM »

Interesting. Where is this edge which we travel round to reach the Southern side of the earth? Surely this is the proof FE needs? Presumably we can stand on the edge and watch the sun double back round?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 05:51:25 AM »

Interesting. Where is this edge which we travel round to reach the Southern side of the earth? Surely this is the proof FE needs? Presumably we can stand on the edge and watch the sun double back round?
This magellanclavichord two-sided earth is getting a bit too close to the fake JRoweSkeptic's fake Dual Earth Theory for comfort!

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »

Probably, yes, but it would be very dangerous, as you could fall off.

This magellanclavichord two-sided earth is getting a bit too close to the fake JRoweSkeptic's fake Dual Earth Theory for comfort!

I don't know what JRoweSkeptic's Dual Earth Theory is. While I'm not willing to dismiss out of hand a theory that there are two Earths, or a hundred Earths, that's not part of my view. The universe is a very big place*, so there are probably millions of Earth-like planets out there, though I'm quite sure none would be exact replicas of our Earth.

*In an episode of the old BBC radio series, "The Goon Show" they are in Africa searching for King Solomon's mines and they're lost. One of them says "Do you know where we are?" The other responds "Yes. We're in Africa." The first says, "But Africa's a very big place." The other says "Then don't stand so close to me!"

And while I'm off on this tangent, in the same episode, one of them asks "How much ground can you cover in a day?" And the other, who is very fat, says, "I can cover three square yards standing still."

I loved that show.

Anyway, the universe is a very big place so there's room for a lot of planets, including Earth-like ones.

JackBlack

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 01:04:41 PM »
I don't know what JRoweSkeptic's Dual Earth Theory is.
To summarise, it is a pile of nonsense where they claim Earth consists of 2 flat discs, separated but held together by magic.

While I'm not willing to dismiss out of hand a theory that there are two Earths, or a hundred Earths, that's not part of my view. The universe is a very big place*, so there are probably millions of Earth-like planets out there, though I'm quite sure none would be exact replicas of our Earth.
So you accept Earth is a planet. So do you also accept other planets are round, or do you think they are flat as well?

Do you accept the scientific reasoning behind there being so many planets, which would necessitate these planets being round?

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 04:56:49 PM »
I don't know what JRoweSkeptic's Dual Earth Theory is.
To summarise, it is a pile of nonsense where they claim Earth consists of 2 flat discs, separated but held together by magic.

While I'm not willing to dismiss out of hand a theory that there are two Earths, or a hundred Earths, that's not part of my view. The universe is a very big place*, so there are probably millions of Earth-like planets out there, though I'm quite sure none would be exact replicas of our Earth.
So you accept Earth is a planet. So do you also accept other planets are round, or do you think they are flat as well?

Do you accept the scientific reasoning behind there being so many planets, which would necessitate these planets being round?

So are JRoweSkeptic's two Earths back to back, or side-by side? Or stacked like pancakes one above the other? Because if the latter, there might be no limit to the number. Until the stack gets so high it falls over, like Yertle standing on the backs of his subjects.

As for the shape of other planets, I've never been to any of them so I don't know. I don't see why the incomprehensible number of other planets in the universe (billions of billions if not more) would necessitate their being round. But I don't know. Some flatheads might feel they have all the answers to everything. I don't.

JackBlack

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 05:38:03 PM »
So are JRoweSkeptic's two Earths back to back, or side-by side? Or stacked like pancakes one above the other?
Back to back. From a side on point of view, the "north" side faces upwards, the "south" side faces downwards.

As for the shape of other planets, I've never been to any of them so I don't know.
You don't need to go to them to see their shape. In fact, being on them is one of the worst ways to see their shape as the size is overwhelming. Instead the best way to see the shape is from afar. By viewing the planets from afar, observing them rotate and observing shadows cross them we can conclude that they are round.

I don't see why the incomprehensible number of other planets in the universe (billions of billions if not more) would necessitate their being round.
It is due to how they form.
They don't just pop into existence. Instead they form from the collision of rocks and are held together with gravity. Gravity causes them to collapse into spheres.
It is only by discarding the method of formation and gravity that we could conclude that some planets might be flat. But by discarding that we lose the majority of the evidence for planets other than those that can be directly observed. The only evidence we would have left is that stars have periods where they get darker, in a periodic pattern which is consistent with a planet transiting across it, but no reason as to why the planet would transit in the first place, especially with a regular period.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2018, 06:13:39 PM »
I don't know what JRoweSkeptic's Dual Earth Theory is. While I'm not willing to dismiss out of hand a theory that there are two Earths, or a hundred Earths, that's not part of my view.
JRowe's "Dual Earth Theory" is really a single earth but with the two hemiplanes back-to-back.
He has his own forum on Proboards: JRowe,  Dual Earth Theory and "Follow Dual Earth Theory with Tapatalk for Android".

And many threads and posts here, such as:
this is one of the reasons i now prefer dual earth theory. along with circumpolar stars and flight times, it seems unlikely that one hemisphere is significantly larger than the other. having antarctica at the rim is the most likely of all the alternatives for the classical flat earth map, due to how few planes fly near there, but due to the effect it would have on half the world, that clearly isn't possible.
from the sun's behavior, we can conclude the two hemispheres must be of similar dimension. if the world is inhabited on the top and the bottom, then this allows for what we observe:
the sun (or rather suns, both mirrors of one another) rotates around the exterior of the earth, the rim being instead at the equator. the paths are fairly simple, though details are complex. they keep circling, moving higher or lower depending on the season, never both visible as they exist at opposite sides.
dual earth theory seems, to me, to answer a number of questions: including that of the sun.

i go into more detail on the general overview, if you are interested, here:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63027.msg1669258#msg1669258

Yeah, but I don't get it how you move from one hemisphere to the other in your model. If the other hemisphere is the bottom one that should be somehow felt, no? You go to the edge of the top hemisphere and then you crawl backwards to the bottom? I am confused. Wouldn't it have a clear edge in your model?

it comes down to aetheric transmission. we would feel it, if not for the speed of aether: it's instantaneous. there's nothing there to experience. further, light is transmitted also, which lets you see, for example, the bottom, when you stand on the edge of the top.
the obvious questions are answered in the post i linked to.
The two "hemiplanes" have layouts something like:
And JRoweSkeptic has his Dual Earth Theory with the two hemispheres something like:

Map Northern Hemiplane, DET

Map Southern Hemiplane, DET

But IMHO as in JackBlack's JRowe's DET is total hogwash and is just his unsuccessful compromise between a flat-earth and the Globe.
He aimed for the best-of-both-worlds and missed by a country mile.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2018, 06:17:00 AM »
Okay. So JRowe has answers that do not fit some of the evidence. Fair enough. As I have said, I'm new to this and clearly there are many FETs I've not heard of yet. I don't have any answers. It's clear that everybody here is smarter than I am, flatheads and globeheads alike. Really, I have far more questions than answers. I'm getting the impression that other flatheads feel they understand how everything works, and some believe there's some kind of huge coverup, though in response to one of my earliest questions here, none have offered a convincing motive for said coverup. It looks to me more like two competing groups of theories, RE theories and FE theories, and the FE theories are the minority view, rather than a conspiracy to cover up the truth. It's a pitfall that's easy to fall into when you adhere to a minority theory, to say that everyone else knows you're right but are maliciously refusing to admit it. I think most people are pretty up-front with their views and that they're not conspiring against each other, but just having a disagreement.