Sun's being 149 millions kilometre away has been destroyed!

• 33 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
Sun's being 149 millions kilometre away has been destroyed!
« on: October 22, 2018, 02:03:52 AM »
Hello.

We'll see why is not far away.

Fair, easy to understand, repeatable by everbody everday.

Actually I had to open this either information or believers subforum. But I want to show you all that how angry globirds can be funny, with their comedy reactions against this conclusive evidence.

Good luck. :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

İgnored: Disputeone

Re: Sun's being 149 millions kilometre away has been destroyed!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:25:46 AM »
But ...

This provides absolutely no evidence to the distance of the sun whatsoever.

Also, if the sun is not the source of light ... what is?

Cmon man

Be gentle

JackBlack

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 02:35:25 AM »
We'll see why is not far away.
[img removed]
What point are you trying to make?
That things aren't as bright during sunset and that magically means the sun is much further away?
If so, you need to understand how the light propagates and what can reduce the intensity.
At midday the sun passes through fairly little atmosphere before reaching you.
At sunrise/sunset it is passing through a lot.

Have you ever looked up and seen the blue sky? Where do you think that comes from?
That is from the light of the sun scattering as it goes through the atmosphere.

So no, we wouldn't expect the intensity to be the same.

Fortunately there is a much more reliable measure, the angular size of an object.
If the sun is really 150 000 000 km away, it would remain roughly the same angular size at all times on Earth, and that is what we observe (when viewed through appropriate means to remove the glare).
Meanwhile if it was circling a mere 5000 km above Earth its distance and thus angular size would change dramatically.

Also, if it was like the RE model has it, the angle would get low, going so far that it drops below the horizon. For a FE it would remain high in the sky, never setting.

So no, the evidence shows that the sun is very far away.

their comedy reactions against this conclusive evidence.
You have failed to provide any conclusive evidence.
Instead you have provided a superficial examination which ignores other factors; while you have repeatedly ignored conclusive evidence showing Earth is round.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 06:51:10 AM »

Denial denial... more evidences, more proofs but more denial...
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 07:53:19 AM »
Again, two-dimensional thinking in a three-dimensional environment doesn’t work.

Please someone make that clear to him since he is ignoring me for having a llama as an avatar
Be gentle

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 08:32:44 AM »
Both him and Tom can’t comprehend the arrows drawn in the pictures are 2D.

Some people just can’t picture objects in their mind.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

JCM

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 01:01:40 PM »
The flat earth model with a close sun requires a spotlight effect of the sun, it also requires the sun to speed up and slow down as it moves north and south.  Neither of these is demonstrable.  The sun always looks to be a revolving sphere of light as proven by sun spots revolving, and the sun's movement through the sky is the same speed through the year. 

Case closed.  The sun is not close to us, does not orbit us in circles, and is not a spotlight.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 01:47:21 PM »

All your shaodws are pointing in the right direction.
However, as pointed ouy, your added arrows dont consider angles in and out of the page/ 2d image.
You cant arbitrarily connect two points in the photo and claim they line up.

Hoepfully my copy-paste works.
Sorry im on my phone.
https://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/stories/amp/10-optical-illusions-will-blow-your-mind

JackBlack

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 02:02:03 PM »

Good thing you let everyone know what your post was going to be.
Completely ignore what has been said and just go straight into denial mode.

Where is your conclusive evidence that the sun must be close?

All you have done is shown you have no understanding of perspective.
You are trying to use a 2D image to determine a 3D angle.
It simply doesn't work like that.

I'll just focus on the first picture to show why your method is wrong.
You can't even see the sun and instead just see massive amounts of glare.
The sun is likely off just above the picture. Is that why you cut out the details? So people can't easily go there and show that you are wrong?
Don't worry, I don't need that as I can just use the image you provided.

Yes, you get an angle of 45 degrees. This shows the sun has an azimuth of roughly 45 degrees. This does not mean the angle of the pole to the sun will be 45 degrees. That is a completely different angle.
What it means is that in a plane parallel to level at the base of the pole, if you went on a path that was aligned with the shadow you would be under the sun.

To get an example of that, just look at the building at the back.
Notice how a line drawn from the base of the pole to the top of the building is different to the line drawn to the base?
You are pretending they should be the same.

If you want a nice simple way of analysing the picture to determine if the sun is the cause then don't worry, there is one.
Draw a line from the shadow to what is casting the shadow. Note: this should be the same point on the object.
Then continue that line past the object. Do this for multiple shadows and it should all converge to one point, the light source.

All this requires is that you keep away from regions which are distorted due to issues with the lense.
Trying that with your first image you end up with this:

Hey would you look at that, they cross just off the image, right where the sun would be.
So good job providing evidence that the sun is the source of the light.

Yep, more evidence the sun is the source of the light. More evidence that the sun is ~150 million km away, and more pathetic denial from you.

You are yet to provide any evidence, much less proof, that the sun is not far away or not the source of light.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 03:15:32 PM »

<< tl;dr >>

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 03:17:05 PM »
He did use google as a source for his images.
The masons could have intercepted and edited them.
Your proof of his proof is invalid due to possible cgi alterations.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 04:00:14 AM »
Full time NASA CGI supporters are talking about a possible CGI alterasions on photographes on google maps. And they are doing it with the hand of a secondery member. Then the premier ones will blame me with "do you trust google?". How funny :) Thanks God I am smarter than all your angry team :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 04:37:32 AM »
So you aren’t going to address any of claims against you?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 05:22:02 AM »

All of your photos have such severe geometric distortion that I wouldn't trust them much.

But just because all suns rays or shadow lines seem to intersect at some low point does in a 2-dimensional representation does not mean that the sun is close.
The sun can be any distance away on the line between the eye/camera and the image of the sun.

But here is where I draw the shadow lines on a couple:

Shadows approximately converge on Sun

In those photos the shadow lines seem to meet roughly at the sun's location.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 05:32:30 AM »
Full time NASA CGI supporters are talking about a possible CGI alterasions on photographes on google maps. And they are doing it with the hand of a secondery member. Then the premier ones will blame me with "do you trust google?". How funny :) Thanks God I am smarter than all your angry team :)
What are you talking about? Nobody's angry, just amazed that anyone could be so ignorant and pig-headed at the same time.

The sun's being 149 million km away is looking better all the time. Your photos prove nothing!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 06:57:35 AM »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 12:41:13 PM »
Dear wise,

Shadows are cast by the sun. The direction of these shadows can be checked by connecting the shadow to the source of light - in this case the sun. When this line goes through the object casting this shadow, you prove the shadow is indeed from this object. The direction of the shadow can very due to elevation, Point Of View and use of lenses. So, nothing wrong with these Google Street Views. If you are not happy with my answer, you may ask me for further explanation. I will gladly draw some suns, shadows and lines for you to boost my argument.

Greetings,
Odleift

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 01:22:41 PM »
Dear wise,

Shadows are cast by the sun. The direction of these shadows can be checked by connecting the shadow to the source of light - in this case the sun. When this line goes through the object casting this shadow, you prove the shadow is indeed from this object. The direction of the shadow can very due to elevation, Point Of View and use of lenses. So, nothing wrong with these Google Street Views. If you are not happy with my answer, you may ask me for further explanation. I will gladly draw some suns, shadows and lines for you to boost my argument.

Greetings,
Odleift

If the sun is casting the shadow, youre saying the sun is also part of the conspiracy?

JackBlack

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 01:42:51 PM »
Full time NASA CGI supporters are talking about a possible CGI alterasions on photographes on google maps
No, they aren't NASA CGI supporters. They are merely showing your hypocrisy.
You happily dismiss all the photographic evidence from NASA as CGI, but happily use photographic evidence when it suits you.

As for your next image which I'm not going to quote for its stupid size, no, it shouldn't be like that.
If the sun is directly above, the shadow should be directly below the object, but that isn't observed in any of your photos.
If the sun is directly behind, the shadow will then be in front, with an angle depending upon the angle of elevation.

If you want to prove the sun isn't the main source of light, then go outside and take a video. Show that you (the camera) is in shade, then show the sun while remaining in the shade. For added proof, have another camera filming it. To do the opposite, have the camera start out of the shade, look at the camera, then have an object go between the sun and the camera to block the sun and produce a shadow. Observe that now the camera is unable to see the sun and it is in the shade.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 01:45:14 PM »
Dear ThemightyKabool

I'm not sure what conspiracy you are talking about. I think I used the wrong word. My english is not the best, I'm sorry. I misused casting. The sun as a light source shines upon objects. These objects will cast a shadow on other surfaces, like the ground, a slope, a road. The line connecting the shadow with the light source will cross the object.

Greetings,
Odleift

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 01:58:07 PM »
Full time NASA CGI supporters are talking about a possible CGI alterasions on photographes on google maps
No, they aren't NASA CGI supporters. They are merely showing your hypocrisy.
You happily dismiss all the photographic evidence from NASA as CGI, but happily use photographic evidence when it suits you.

As for your next image which I'm not going to quote for its stupid size, no, it shouldn't be like that.
If the sun is directly above, the shadow should be directly below the object, but that isn't observed in any of your photos.
If the sun is directly behind, the shadow will then be in front, with an angle depending upon the angle of elevation.

If you want to prove the sun isn't the main source of light, then go outside and take a video. Show that you (the camera) is in shade, then show the sun while remaining in the shade. For added proof, have another camera filming it. To do the opposite, have the camera start out of the shade, look at the camera, then have an object go between the sun and the camera to block the sun and produce a shadow. Observe that now the camera is unable to see the sun and it is in the shade.

To jackb's point and earlier points
You need to proove a 3d angle based on 2d photo.
Guess what,
You need two photos taken at different viewpoints to capture the true 3d angle.

Mikey T.

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 02:29:56 PM »
Absolutely pathetic.  More proof that FET is a mental disorder.  Perhaps we should forceably commit these folks for mental evaluations.  It will probably help them more than allowing the delusions to continue. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2018, 08:16:01 PM »

You say "Think 3D" but the trouble is that you don't seem able to "Think 3D".
Even though the sun is 149 million km away it can still shine on the earth at any angle from the vertical.
That angle can be from 0° when right overhead to 90° when right on the horizon at sunrise or sunset.
So, Wise, there is no problem and I'm am not a liar thank you! So please just watch the accusations you make!

Shadows approximately converge on Sun
      In the illustration on the left there is no possible way of knowing from a 2D photograph how far the sun is in the direction going into the screen.

The photograph would look exactly the same if the sun were at "screen level", 5000 km or 149 000 000 km away.

What is needed is a view "looking down".

Then look at the photo on the right. There is no way that you could tell if the moon was close, 5000 km away or 380 000 km away.

Looking up: Photo by SEVEN Xiamen

This is very similar to the illusion of the sun's position from photographs of Crepuscular Rays. As in this post:
These rays suggest the sun is just above the clouds, yet if it were that close, a plane, which can travel far above the clouds, could fly into it, so it's obviously not that close. Is this illusion caused by perspective, or something else?
And there is more detail in: Unraveling Perspective « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 10:52:11 PM ».

But these crepuscular rays have been photographed from above, see:
Quote from: Deborah Byrd in EARTH | November 2, 2011
View from space: Crepuscular rays
Have you seen crepuscular rays from the ground, fanning out from a sunset or sunrise? Now see them from space.
Astronauts in the Expedition 29 crew of the International Space Station (ISS) acquired this amazing image of crepuscular rays seen above India on October 18, 2011.

Crepuscular rays seen above India by astronauts in the International Space
 Station’s Expedition 29 crew on October 18, 2011. Image Credit: NASA
In this image, which was taken above India, the rays appear as dark straight lines running parallel from side to side. The sun was setting to the west (image left) on the Indian subcontinent, and cumulonimbus cloud towers provided the shadowing obstructions. The rays are being projected onto a layer of haze below the clouds.

This image from space was acquired on October 18, 2011, with a Nikon D2Xs digital camera using a 110 mm lens. NASA says the image has been cropped and enhanced to improve contrast. Lens artifacts were removed.

Have you seen crepuscular rays from the ground? They are those amazing sunrays that sometimes fan out from a sunset or sunrise – or even from a single cloud when the sun shines from behind it.

Crepuscular rays seen from Santa Clarita, California. Image taken
September 30, 2011. Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons
From Earth, crepuscular rays do not look parallel. Instead, they appear to radiate outwards from the source of light. But this “fan-like” effect is an illusion, caused by the effects of distance and perspective. Crepuscular rays are actually parallel as the image from space shows.
Yes, judging 3D positions and distances from a 2D photo can be highly misleading.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 01:34:16 AM »
There is some opposite examples about so what happens if sun and source of light stay on same line.

In this example, all shadows seem vertical through road, with or without perspective, with or withour 2d or 3d ! But I know pathetic angry globirds will not agree this:

And continues; the other side still all shadows stay vertical through road
 Wow. How perfect.

Compare it with this example:

Pathetic angry globirds and their clones want 3d proof. Surely, if you can create here a 3d web page, so I can show this event in 3d working. 8)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 02:02:19 AM »
There is some opposite examples about so what happens if sun and source of light stay on same line.

In this example, all shadows seem vertical through road, with or without perspective, with or withour 2d or 3d ! But I know pathetic angry globirds will not agree this:

And continues; the other side still all shadows stay vertical through road
 Wow. How perfect.

Pathetic angry globirds and their clones want 3d proof. Surely, if you can create here a 3d web page, so I can show this event in 3d working. 8)
I really cannot see your problem and it would make little difference if the sun were 5000 km (as in FET) away or 149 000 000 km (as with the Globe) away.

• You do not show the top of most of those objects causing shadows so working out the direction to the sun is a bit hard.
    Unless you show the part of the object causing the shadow and the shadow it causes I'm not wasting more time on it.

• Please tell me how far you think the sun is from the earth and how you work that out.
    This Flat Earth Society claims the sun is about 3000 miles (near enough to 5000 km) above the earth as in:
    Distance to the Sun
    On March 21-22 the sun is directly overhead at the equator and appears 45 degrees above the horizon at 45 degrees north and south latitude. As the angle of sun above the earth at the equator is 90 degrees while it is 45 degrees at 45 degrees north or south latitude, it follows that the angle at the sun between the vertical from the horizon and the line from the observers at 45 degrees north and south must also be 45 degrees. The result is two right angled triangles with legs of equal length. The distance between the equator and the points at 45 degrees north or south is approximately 3,000 miles. Ergo, the sun would be an equal distance above the equator.
    If you disagree with that complain the Flat Earth Society not me!
Now stop talking nonsense like "Pathetic angry globirds and their clones". You are the angry one here and you have never proven any are clones.

JackBlack

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2018, 02:33:52 AM »

In this example, all shadows seem vertical through road, with or without perspective, with or withour 2d or 3d !
No they don't.
It is quite clear they don't.
You have a building on the right side of the road. It's left side is in shadow. It's shadow goes well on to the road.
You then have buildings on the right, nicely lit up.

The shadows are not vertical. A child could tell that.

Do you mean the shadows are perpendicular to the road? If so that would be closer.

But I know pathetic angry globirds will not agree this:
No, rational honest human beings won't agree with your nonsense.

Where you are completely unable to show the direction of the shadow honestly.
https://i.imgur.com/EFetVpa.png

Don't bother with organic things like trees unless you can show where they would be over the ground. Not simply where the base is, but what spot on the ground the top of the tree is over.

Again, there is a nice simple test you can do, just like I said before, go take a picture of the sun from the shade, or show that obstructing the sun doesn't put the object in the shade.
If you don't want to use 2 cameras, then have a mirror in the shot as well so the camera can clearly see if it is in the shade of not.

?

Pete®tje

• Flat? Nope!
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 12:21:59 AM »

You can even see where the sun must be when you follow the shadows and look what causes it. So what's the problem?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:46:43 AM by Pete®tje »
Don't be afraid to make mistakes, they help you prevent making errors.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 01:31:27 AM »

You can even see where the sun must be when you follow the shadows and look what causes it. So what's the problem?

You have claimed the shadows in the right side are not through road and I mae a mistake. But we clearly see thay are so. Have us to believe in our eyes or your claims?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:33:10 AM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

Pete®tje

• Flat? Nope!
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 01:54:47 AM »

You have claimed the shadows in the right side are not through road and I mae a mistake. But we clearly see thay are so. Have us to believe in our eyes or your claims?

Do you mean the shadow of the tree is going parallel to the road?

Edit: can you share the location where that picture comes from. Seems Google Maps, so that should be easy.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:16:13 AM by Pete®tje »
Don't be afraid to make mistakes, they help you prevent making errors.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 02:00:06 AM »

Yes, I'll believe my eyes and those lines drawn by Pete®tje prove that you made a mistake. That photo, of course, gives no indication of the distance to the sun.