Sun's being 149 millions kilometre away has been destroyed!

• 33 Replies

JackBlack

Re: Sun's being 149 millions kilometre away has been destroyed!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 02:14:12 AM »
You have claimed the shadows in the right side are not through road and I mae a mistake. But we clearly see thay are so. Have us to believe in our eyes or your claims?
His (and my) claims match our eyes. It is your claims that don't.
We clearly see the shadow of the stand at the right in front of it, showing it isn't parallel like you claim.

So what should we believe, our eyes, or your false claims?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2018, 01:45:44 AM »
Now whatever David, John or Jack say about things that don't matter maybe someone could address the topic?

The last relevant post seems to have been
You have claimed the shadows in the right side are not through road and I made a mistake. But we clearly see thay are so. Have us to believe in our eyes or your claims?
His (and my) claims match our eyes. It is your claims that don't.
We clearly see the shadow of the stand at the right in front of it, showing it isn't parallel like you claim.

So what should we believe, our eyes, or your false claims?

And the topic is "Sun's being 149 millions kilometre away has been destroyed!" so has "Sun's being 149 millions kilometre away has been destroyed" or not?

Wise's argument in the OP might be relevant to a flat earth but that is what is up for debate so he cannot assume a flat earth.
He could say that "if the earth is flat then . . . . . " but he doesn't - he just expects everyone to accept it and I for one, do not.

Now, I'll accept that at sunset the sun is further away than when overhead.
On the flat earth that would be roughly 15,000 km at sunset compared to 5000 km when overhead - a big relative change.
On the Globe the distances would be roughly 149,000,000 km at sunset and about 6380 km less when overhead - an insignificant relative change. .

That, however, should make the sun's angular size much smaller at sunset than when overhead and that has been shown to be untrue.

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2018, 04:21:46 AM »
can you share the location where that picture comes from. Seems Google Maps, so that should be easy.

Unexpectedly, he is using French locations for some of these.  I found the location of his "wow, how perfect" photo by searching for the restaurant visible in the frame.

Two others, he left enough info on the image to pinpoint their locations:
The girl on the bicycle
His "the sun is not the source of light" photo

Can't figure out the others.

?

Pete®tje

• Flat? Nope!
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2018, 06:48:01 AM »
can you share the location where that picture comes from. Seems Google Maps, so that should be easy.

Unexpectedly, he is using French locations for some of these.  I found the location of his "wow, how perfect" photo by searching for the restaurant visible in the frame.

Two others, he left enough info on the image to pinpoint their locations:
The girl on the bicycle
His "the sun is not the source of light" photo

Can't figure out the others.
I found those too, but not the one with the shadows which I used to find the position where the sun should be (outside the picture).
Don't be afraid to make mistakes, they help you prevent making errors.