Sun on a flat earth,......

• 2 Replies

Kent Nelson

• I've seen the fate of man, and it's not good......
Sun on a flat earth,......
« on: November 18, 2018, 10:49:19 PM »
Looking at the flat earth models, why does the sun set?  Using the reasoning that a ship never disappears over the horizon, the sun is a large beacon and should never disappear over the horizon either.  It should continue around the flat earth until it moves behind a mountain or similarly tall object.

An example:  In Kansas, you can see a cars headlights for miles, unless it drops into a valley or moves behind an object.  The closer you are the brighter the lights, but still you can see it. 

So, why does the sun set? Geometry tells me that it shouldn't set at all. o.O

?

Pete®tje

• Flat? Nope!
Re: Sun on a flat earth,......
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 11:22:29 PM »
Looking at the flat earth models, why does the sun set?  Using the reasoning that a ship never disappears over the horizon, the sun is a large beacon and should never disappear over the horizon either.  It should continue around the flat earth until it moves behind a mountain or similarly tall object.

An example:  In Kansas, you can see a cars headlights for miles, unless it drops into a valley or moves behind an object.  The closer you are the brighter the lights, but still you can see it. 

You have to understand perspective for that. Not normal perspective, but the flat earth version, which does not follow the rules of geometry and goes far beyond what globe believers can comprehend.
Don't be afraid to make mistakes, they help you prevent making errors.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Sun on a flat earth,......
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 01:10:00 AM »

Let me (not) educate you in 2 minutes 14 seconds ::):

Flat Earth Perspective & Sunsets Field of View (not) Explained in 2 minutes, Phuket Word
Given a little more time, I'll find more videos to (not) educate you about sunsets on a flat earth.

Here's the more advanced version of (not) explaining sunsets on a flat earth:

(Not) Explaining Sunrise & Sunset On Flat Earth, MrThriveAndSurvive
The most impressive bit of total nonsense starts at about 5:24 and soon gets onto the most impressive bit of FE fakery - the perspective matrix :D:

(Not) Explaining Sunrise & Sunset On Flat Earth

<< added another "FE sunset explanation" >>
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:17:41 AM by rabinoz »