The Dome

• 56 Replies
Re: The Dome
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2018, 03:35:47 PM »
And you try not to stir shit up and accuse me of things OK? Be careful when you label people. Its a pretty strong statement when you tell someone not to kill people. You are labeling me and I'm surprised that admins allow you to stay here. You are basically saying that I'm a terrorist.

Look at your past posts.
And your recent "bite my head off" cussing me out - quick temper you got there.

Look at your signature quote.

How did you say one can exit the matrix?
What will you do to people that requires them to beg for forgiveness?

You watch the usa news recently regarding bombs and shootings?

Go to an airport and tell security you got a "bomb" folllowed by "just kiding".
See hwo that goes.

Did I ever threaten anyone here? Did I ever say I had a bomb? You are instigating things and I'm telling you right now that what you are doing is illegal. I know you are not an American and you don't know our laws but you can't just go around labeling people as you wish. Its one thing to disagree with me about flat earth or what have you but its another thing to accuse me of being a terrorist or dangerous to society! You don't know me in real life and therefore you cannot make any comments regarding my persona or my character. Cull the Herd is from a video game, its entertainment. If I were you I would stop posting before you get yourself in legal trouble.
JJA voted for Pedro

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2018, 03:39:24 PM »
And visibility (lack there of) of the North Star and Southern Cross at the same time.

You don't think you can see the North Star and the Sothern Cross at the same time from the same hemiplane?

Not everywhere.

There are lots of things you can not see everywhere.

True, and two of them are:

- Polaris from the south of the equator
- Southern Cross from north of the equator
We've never really been a single entity.  We're more like a collection of rabid honey badgers stuffed into a 3 piece suit.  It occasionally bears the semblance of a man

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2018, 03:43:02 PM »
And visibility (lack there of) of the North Star and Southern Cross at the same time.

You don't think you can see the North Star and the Sothern Cross at the same time from the same hemiplane?

Not everywhere.

Are you a professional liar, or is it just a hobby of yours? 

NotSoSkeptical

• Flatness as in the shape of a water droplet.
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2018, 03:50:23 PM »

Not everywhere.

Strawman.

The north star and the stars of southern cross are considerably farther away from the earth's surface than the moon.  I can see the moon from any other point along a line of longitude when the moon is visible from a point on that longitude.  I should be able to see both from any point on that same longitude.
Rabinoz RIP

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2018, 03:54:12 PM »

Not everywhere.

That's no entirely accurate.  Both can be seen to about 25-30 degrees latitude north and south passed the equator.  Which is why I said not everywhere.  But if the earth is flat, there should be no reason why I can't see them from any latitude.
Rabinoz RIP

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2018, 03:59:19 PM »

The first is mostly correct, the second is not correct. Acrux, the southernmost star in the southern cross asterism, is at declination -63, so it's visible from as far as 27 N latitude, give or take. The whole asterism is easily visible from Hawaii, and at least part of it, Gacrux, can be seen from as far north as 33 N latitude. The southern cross and Polaris can both be seen at the same time from some locations.

Now, now, moderator formerly known as jroa... he's most likely simply mistaken. Assuming the southern cross is at the south celestial pole is a fairly common error, that's all.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »

Not everywhere.

That's no entirely accurate.  Both can be seen to about 25-30 degrees latitude north and south passed the equator.  Which is why I said not everywhere.  But if the earth is flat, there should be no reason why I can't see them from any latitude.

Agreed, my statement wasn't entirely accurate. But the point I was trying to make, not so well, is much better stated by your point: "But if the earth is flat, there should be no reason why I can't see them from any latitude."
We've never really been a single entity.  We're more like a collection of rabid honey badgers stuffed into a 3 piece suit.  It occasionally bears the semblance of a man

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2018, 04:02:20 PM »

Not everywhere.

Hobbyist.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2018, 04:03:35 PM »

Not everywhere.

Strawman.

The north star and the stars of southern cross are considerably farther away from the earth's surface than the moon.  I can see the moon from any other point along a line of longitude when the moon is visible from a point on that longitude.  I should be able to see both from any point on that same longitude.

What if the moon and stars are approximately the same distance above the flat Earth? 

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2018, 04:05:07 PM »

Not everywhere.

Strawman.

What if the moon and stars are approximately the same distance above the flat Earth?

Well, they are not.

Ah...What ifs.  You should just take that and put it back in its box, because what ifs will lead to nothing gained.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 04:16:45 PM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2018, 04:06:20 PM »

Not everywhere.

Hobbyist.

I figured that out myself. 

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2018, 04:24:22 PM »
And you try not to stir shit up and accuse me of things OK? Be careful when you label people. Its a pretty strong statement when you tell someone not to kill people. You are labeling me and I'm surprised that admins allow you to stay here. You are basically saying that I'm a terrorist.

Look at your past posts.
And your recent "bite my head off" cussing me out - quick temper you got there.

Look at your signature quote.

How did you say one can exit the matrix?
What will you do to people that requires them to beg for forgiveness?

You watch the usa news recently regarding bombs and shootings?

Go to an airport and tell security you got a "bomb" folllowed by "just kiding".
See hwo that goes.

Did I ever threaten anyone here? Did I ever say I had a bomb? You are instigating things and I'm telling you right now that what you are doing is illegal. I know you are not an American and you don't know our laws but you can't just go around labeling people as you wish. Its one thing to disagree with me about flat earth or what have you but its another thing to accuse me of being a terrorist or dangerous to society! You don't know me in real life and therefore you cannot make any comments regarding my persona or my character. Cull the Herd is from a video game, its entertainment. If I were you I would stop posting before you get yourself in legal trouble.

I can infer your persona by your words.

You must be american.
Very oversensitive.
Legal trouble?
You gonna sue on what grounds?
Flat ground or round ground?

But yes I will stop because its derailing this OP.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2018, 05:24:22 PM »
Then it seems that the celestial gravitational influence of the moon should wreak havoc on the motions of the stars near the moon's path.  Celestial gravitation is still a thing, isn't it?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2018, 08:38:55 PM »

Not everywhere.

Strawman.

We know that they are not.

The moon and sun have been mathematically calculated to be around 3000 miles above the Earth. 

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2018, 11:04:04 PM »

Not everywhere.

Strawman.

The moon and sun have been mathematically calculated to be around 3000 miles above the Earth.

The moon and sun have been mathematically calculated to be around 238,900 miles & 93,000,000 miles above the Earth, respectively. (I double checked b/c I didn't want to be branded a liar again.)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2018, 01:09:53 AM »
  • Show me these mathematical calculations of the moon's being "around 3000 miles above the Earth".

• And I can just as easily show you mathematical calculations of the sun's being:
          less than 700 miles above the earth (using Rowbotham's data),
          a little over 1600 miles above the earth (using Voliva's method but with points 5000 miles apart),
          around 3000 miles above the Earth (using Voliva's method) and
          almost 4000 miles above the Earth (using Eratosthenes locations applied to a flat earth).
    And all based on the Flat Earth Wiki though using that information puts the sun using Voliva's method at a bit over 3100 miles.

Funny that! Just how far is the sun above the flat again?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2018, 06:14:55 AM »
The sun has also been mathematically calculated to be no more than 700 miles above the Earth using actual measurements rather than just the thought experiment that gave the 3000 mile result.

?

JCM

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2018, 07:27:24 AM »
The sun has also been mathematically calculated to be no more than 700 miles above the Earth using actual measurements rather than just the thought experiment that gave the 3000 mile result.

If the Sun and moon are 700 miles near, why don't their sizes change as they move over us?  How does a near sun travel such massive distances at Tropic of Capricorn compared to Cancer yet its speed through the sky IS THE SAME.    There is no answer for this, the Sun is not 700 or 5000 miles away or anything in between. The Sun moving along a 40,000 mile circle or anywhere near would change dramatically in size if it was 700 to 5000 miles away.  This is common sense.

Ths moons phases seen across the entirety of the Earth...  not remotely possible if the Sun and moon are near.  Show me how.

This OP is about the dome...  this is easily debunkable with the yearly periodic meteor showers our planet moves through.  Predictable, measurable, and have zero explanation on a dome.  Asteroids have bounced off the Earths atmosphere, viewed by millions. A self cleaning transparent ice Dome is another fantasy.

Just wanting something to be true isn't science, it's not zetetic, it is just fantasy.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2018, 01:34:35 AM »
This OP is about the dome...  this is easily debunkable with the yearly periodic meteor showers our planet moves through.  Predictable, measurable, and have zero explanation on a dome.  Asteroids have bounced off the Earths atmosphere, viewed by millions. A self cleaning transparent ice Dome is another fantasy.

Just wanting something to be true isn't science, it's not zetetic, it is just fantasy.
And just saying it isn't true doesn't make it a lie.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2018, 03:18:56 AM »

And just saying it isn't true doesn't make it a lie.
And just saying it is true doesn't make it a true.

And what about the main point in the post?
This OP is about the dome...  this is easily debunkable with the yearly periodic meteor showers our planet moves through.  Predictable, measurable, and have zero explanation on a dome.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2018, 06:31:28 AM »

Not everywhere.

Strawman.

The moon and sun have been mathematically calculated to be around 238,900 miles & 93,000,000 miles above the Earth, respectively. (I double checked b/c I didn't want to be branded a liar again.)

When did you perform these calculations and what data did you use?  Were you assuming a round Earth? 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2018, 06:36:23 AM »
  • Show me these mathematical calculations of the moon's being "around 3000 miles above the Earth".

• And I can just as easily show you mathematical calculations of the sun's being:
          a little over 1600 miles above the earth (using Voliva's method but with points 5000 miles apart),
          almost 4000 miles above the Earth (using Eratosthenes locations applied to a flat earth).
    And all based on the Flat Earth Wiki though using that information puts the sun using Voliva's method at a bit over 3100 miles.

You have been here for years.  This is probably the 10th or 12th time you have asked me to provide calculations for this subject, and each time I do, then you go silent or pretend to ignore me.  I am not here to be ignored, so I will no longer be providing you with the same calculations over and over.  I am tired of your games. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2018, 06:39:08 AM »

If you have better data, then, by all means, present it.  Don't just get mad and stomp your feet. 

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2018, 07:37:52 AM »
Call someone in L.A. from London at 4pm UTC and ask them the coordinates of the sun in the sky and to measure it's angular size. Either of those things independently will show the sun cannot be 3,000 miles near and that the sun must also be very very large, as in much bigger than the earth. Together they give you a good idea of the scale of size and distance.

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2018, 07:38:58 AM »

You have been here for years.  This is probably the 10th or 12th time you have asked me to provide calculations for this subject, and each time I do, then you go silent or pretend to ignore me.  I am not here to be ignored, so I will no longer be providing you with the same calculations over and over.  I am tired of your games.

I'm new here, could I see the calculations please?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2018, 10:10:28 AM »

If you have better data, then, by all means, present it.  Don't just get mad and stomp your feet.

Haven't you read Earth Not a Globe?
If any allowance is to be made for refraction--which, no doubt, exists where the sun's rays have to pass through a medium, the atmosphere, which gradually increases in density as it approaches the earth's surface--it will considerably diminish the above-named distance of the sun; so that it is perfectly safe to affirm that the under edge of the sun is considerably less than 700 statute miles above the earth.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2018, 04:02:43 PM »

Try again, jroa, you have never, to my knowledge shown any "mathematical calculations of the moon's being 'around 3000 miles above the Earth' ".
This seems to be the most recent such reference:
At solar noon on the equinox, the sun is at 45 degrees above the horizon from 45 degrees north or south of the equator.  These two longitudes are 6000 miles apart, and with some simple math, we can calculate the distance the sun is above the surface to be about 3000 miles.  Knowing this altitude, the diameter of the sun can then be calculated using is angular size.
No mention of the moon in that!

And you totally ignored the most important part:
And I can just as easily show you mathematical calculations of the sun's being:

But, as I showed above, using exactly that method I calculated the sun's height over the flat earth as anywhere from 1600 miles to almost 4000 miles.

In other words, Voliva's (and your) "calculations" are based on a false premise and totally without merit.

You might pass this off but at least others can see that your claims are totally useless.