Is Antarctica a ring around the earth or an island continent?

• 36 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Is Antarctica a ring around the earth or an island continent?
« on: October 14, 2018, 04:15:32 AM »
Most flat earthers here and on YouTube claim that Antarctica a ring around the earth blocked by and Ice-Wall about 112,000 km long. As in:
Quote from: The Flat Earth Society Wiki
Circumnavigation
The Flat Earth is laid out like the United Nations logo. The North Pole is at the center while Antarctica is at the rim. The continents are spread out around the North Pole.

Circumnavigation on an FE is achieved because on a compass East and West are always at right angles to North. Thus traveling Eastwards continuously takes you in a circle around the North Pole. East and West are curved.
Now that might explain East-West circumnavigation but:
As noted there have been quite a number of circumnavigations the went through both poles and here are more details of those and more
Flat-Earthers think there hasn’t been anyone who has circumnavigated the Earth by traversing both the north pole and south pole in the process. All we have are explorers who have circumnavigated the Earth to the east or west, parallel to the equator; explorers like James Cook or Ferdinand Magellan. They don’t really have the choice, because if polar circumnavigation is possible, then the flat-Earth assumption falls flat.

But, like a lot of assumptions in the flat-Earth community, it is simply not true. There are in fact many people who have done a polar circumnavigation, and the information can be easily found on the Internet.
  • November 14-17, 1965, Capt. Fred Lester Austin, Jr. and Harrison Finch took off from Honolulu, the United States to circumnavigate the Earth through both the poles.
    Route: Honolulu, United States – North Pole – London, England – Lisbon, Portugal – Buenos Aires, Argentina – South Pole – Christchurch, New Zealand – Honolulu, United States.

• In 1977, PanAm Flight 50 circumnavigated the Earth through the North and South Pole in order to celebrate PanAm’s 50th anniversary.
    Route: San Francisco, United States – North Pole – London, England – Cape Town, South Africa – South Pole – Auckland, New Zealand – San Francisco, United States.

• In 1979, Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Charles R. Burton set out from Greenwich, England to the South Pole, and then headed north to the North Pole and back to Greenwich. This journey is recorded by the Guinness Book of World Records as the first surface polar circumnavigation.
    Route: Greenwich, England – Cape Town, South Africa – South Pole – Auckland, New Zealand – Sydney, Australia – Los Angeles, United States – Vancouver, Canada – Yukon River, Canada – North Pole – Greenwich, UK.

• In 1988-1989, Dick Smith circumnavigated the globe through both poles using a Twin Otter plane.

• In 1992, Michael Palin made a documentary for the BBC featuring his travel from the Arctic to the South Pole.
    Route: North Pole – Nord Base, Greenland – Svalbard, Norway – Norway – Helsinki, Finland – Leningrad, Soviet Union (now St. Petersburg) – Kiev, Soviet Union – Odessa, Soviet Union – Istanbul, Turkey – Limassol, Cyprus – Cairo, Egypt – Khartoum, Sudan – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Nairobi, Kenya – Serengeti, Tanzania – Lusaka, Zambia – Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe – Cape Town, South Africa – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Santiago, Chile – South Pole.

• In 2009, the TAG Transpolar08 flight circumnavigated the Earth through the North and South Pole, at the same time breaking the speed record, with an average speed of 822.8 km/h.
    Route: Farnborough, England – North Pole – Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada – Majuro, Marshall Islands – Christchurch, New Zealand – South Pole – Punta Arenas, Chile – Sal, Cape Verde – Farnborough, England.

• At the time of this writing (February 2018), Mike Horn is attempting the same feat. He had already traversed the South Pole and is on his way to the North Pole. It is estimated his trip will be completed by Dec 2019.
    See: POLE2POLE in Mike Horn EXPEDITIONS
And see here for references: Polar Circumnavigation.
           8. And just recently: One More Orbit Attempts World Circumnavigation Speed Record, Update 11 July: A new record, Total flight time: 46:39:38

The "One More Orbit" flight did not land at the pole so there is little evidence that it crossed the pole, other than from the FAI scrutineers.

One of these pole-to-pole circumnavigations disproves that "Ice Wall map" but above there are six completed and one in progress.

Can we declare that "Ice Wall map" dead and arrange a funeral service?

<< "One More Orbit " added 28 Sep 2019 >>
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 07:04:49 PM by rabinoz »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Is Antarctica a ring around the earth or an island continent?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 05:42:17 AM »
You can declare everything you want, rab, but it does not prove you are right. Flights around southern something are hoax, you know.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 05:56:04 AM »
You can declare everything you want, rab, but it does not prove you are right. Flights around southern something are hoax, you know.
I said nothing about "Flights around southern something" but about flights and surface expeditions that visited both the North Pole and the South Pole.

And since you have never even been to the Southern Hemisphere and know nothing about the Southern Hemisphere is suggest that you keep quiet until you do learn something about it.

The people in those expeditions couldn't care about you and your flat-earth ideas. They are just adventurers doing something because it is hard!

I would certainly believe those expeditions happened than empty claims by someone like you who is totally ignorant about anything down here.

Here, read this if you like some adventure!
Kickass Trips
Adventure travel starts here at the world’s greatest collection of awesome, crazy & original travel tales, trip testimonies & adventure stories that kick ass!!

Transglobe expedition: Ranulph Fiennes ‘Vertical’ Circumpolar Navigation of the World at the 0° Greenwich Meridian

In 1979, adventurers Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Charles R. Burton set out to make the world’s first circumpolar navigation, traveling the world “vertically” traversing both the North and South Pole while using only surface transport. Starting from Greenwich in September 1979 in the United Kingdom, they went south, arriving at the South Pole on December 17, 1980. Over the next 14 months, they went north again, reaching the North Pole on April 11, 1982. Travelling south once more, they arrived again in Greenwich on August 29, 1982 almost three years after their departure.

Years later this ‘Vertical’ circumnavigation at Longtitude zero would inspire Mike Horn for his solo and human-powered ‘Horizontal’ crossing of the globe following the Equator at Latitude zero.

On their expedition Fiennes’ team managed to achieve an impressive number of world’s firsts among them being:
  • Bothie, their dog, was the first dog to visit both poles.
  • Ginny Fiennes was the first woman to join the Antarctic Club and to receive the Polar Medal
  • And they played the first ever game of cricket on the geographical South Pole
For the rest, with route and photos: Transglobe expedition: Ranulph Fiennes ‘Vertical’ Circumpolar Navigation of the World at the 0° Greenwich Meridian

This is the route Mike Horn took for his solo and human-powered ‘Horizontal’ crossing of the globe following the Equator at Latitude zero:
Quote from: Mike Horn
“When I left, I thought I knew enough to go round the world this way. Now that I am back, I know that I don’t know enough to start again.”

Read the rest, with the hair raising photos in: Mike Horn for his solo and human-powered ‘Horizontal’ crossing of the globe following the Equator at Latitude zero.

When I read this sort of thing I honestly don't know what to think of people that still the earth can be flat. Are all these people lying?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 06:05:48 AM »
This path is possible in a flat map too.

This is well known Intikam projection:   ;)

Look. He has used this path. It is possible in here too. Where is the problem?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 06:38:45 AM »
This path is possible in a flat map too.

This is well known Intikam projection:   ;)

Look. He has used this path. It is possible in here too. Where is the problem?
But this one isn't! !
Kickass Trips
Adventure travel starts here at the world’s greatest collection of awesome, crazy & original travel tales, trip testimonies & adventure stories that kick ass!!

Transglobe expedition: Ranulph Fiennes ‘Vertical’ Circumpolar Navigation of the World at the 0° Greenwich Meridian

In 1979, adventurers Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Charles R. Burton set out to make the world’s first circumpolar navigation, traveling the world “vertically” traversing both the North and South Pole while using only surface transport. Starting from Greenwich in September 1979 in the United Kingdom, they went south, arriving at the South Pole on December 17, 1980. Over the next 14 months, they went north again, reaching the North Pole on April 11, 1982. Travelling south once more, they arrived again in Greenwich on August 29, 1982 almost three years after their departure.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
On their expedition Fiennes’ team managed to achieve an impressive number of world’s firsts among them being:
  • Bothie, their dog, was the first dog to visit both poles.
  • Ginny Fiennes was the first woman to join the Antarctic Club and to receive the Polar Medal
  • And they played the first ever game of cricket on the geographical South Pole
For the rest, with route and photos: Transglobe expedition: Ranulph Fiennes ‘Vertical’ Circumpolar Navigation of the World at the 0° Greenwich Meridian

And my OP had five others like that plus another still in progress! Try those on the " ;D famous ;D Intikam projection"!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 07:48:06 AM »
You are referring geographical South Pole and it is just a shit.

You can take everywhere you want as "geographical South Pole" and "geographical north Pole". For example you can take Brisbane as "geographical North Pole" and ıstanbul as "geographical South Pole" and no one can blame you, as long as you referred it to a map created by yourself.

For more information:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=74091.0

or:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=What%20is%20the%20difference%20of%20%22Magnetic%20pole,%20geographic%20pole%20and%20geomagnetic%20pole%22
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
The earth believes, because magic exists!

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 09:14:59 AM »
FET declares that satellites, including those in polar orbits, do not really exist, and are made up as part of a huge RET conspiracy. It declares that the research station at the south pole does not exist, and is just made up as part of the same RET conspiracy.

So why would you imagine that listing expeditions circumnavigating the Earth via the poles would elicit any other reaction than, "They never happened and were made up as part of the RET conspiracy."?

FET is non-falsifiable, because all contrary evidence is dismissed out of hand. Like religion, you either believe it or you don't. Arguments and evidence have no place in the discussion.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 11:56:44 AM »
FET declares that satellites, including those in polar orbits, do not really exist, and are made up as part of a huge RET conspiracy. It declares that the research station at the south pole does not exist, and is just made up as part of the same RET conspiracy.

So why would you imagine that listing expeditions circumnavigating the Earth via the poles would elicit any other reaction than, "They never happened and were made up as part of the RET conspiracy."?

FET is non-falsifiable, because all contrary evidence is dismissed out of hand. Like religion, you either believe it or you don't. Arguments and evidence have no place in the discussion.

I don't think so. I think opposite of your thoughts.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 01:39:01 PM »
No. They are real. While I am not sure about Rab knowing for sure they are, I know for certain that they are, without a single shred of doubt.
You dismiss them as a hoax simply because they show you to be completely wrong. You have no justification for them being fake, you have never been able to provide any evidence that they are fake.
Grow up.
If you want to claim they are fake, prove it; all the evidence indicates they are real.

You can take everywhere you want as "geographical South Pole" and "geographical north Pole". For example you can take Brisbane as "geographical North Pole" and ıstanbul as "geographical South Pole" and no one can blame you, as long as you referred it to a map created by yourself.
No you can't, as they have real physical implications.
At the pole the stars appear to circle around you (or around a pole passing through you).
That is not just an arbitrary decision but one based upon measurement of Earth.

Regardless, that ignores the path taken by these people. They went over what is known as the south pole and north pole, in a route which is impossible on your delusional map.

And why try to support your claims by linking to a thread where you had your ass handed to you?
Are you trying to show that all you can do is spout baseless garbage then run away when it is shown to be crap?

I don't think so. I think opposite of your thoughts.
Yes, you think opposite of reality.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 03:13:42 PM »
You are referring geographical South Pole and it is just a shit.

For more information:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=74091.0
or:
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=What%20is%20the%20difference%20of%20%22Magnetic%20pole,%20geographic%20pole%20and%20geomagnetic%20pole%22

No, Wise, the Geographic South Pole is not "just shit". It is ice and even I know the difference!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This is Antarctica with the Amundsen-Scott base right at the South Pole.

Geographic South Pole

An aerial view of the Amundsen–Scott Station
in January 2005. The older domed station is visible
on the right-hand side of this photo.

The main entrance to the former geodesic dome ramped down from the surface level.

This base is almost at the South Pole.

A map of Antarctica showing the location of the Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station (circled)
And, Mr Wise, the map above is NOT a map created by myself. There are numerous maps of Antarctica showing the location of the Sout Pole!!
Take a look at: Tom Crean, An Irish Antarctic Explorer, South Pole Route Maps – Amundsen & Scott.
You have never been to Antarctica and that Tom Crean has. Who am I to believe you or him?

Remember that quite a few flat-earthers claim that the Ice-Wall map is not the true flat earth map.
Tom Bishop makes no claim as to the accuracy of the "Bipolar Map" as a map, just as a "basic continental layout".

FE Bipolar Map
Promoted by Tom Bishop

DET Map Northern Hemiplane
Promoted by

DET Map Southern Hemiplane
JRoweskeptic

Sandokhan's "True" Flat Earth Map

You claim that, "You can take everywhere you want as "geographical South Pole" and "geographical north Pole"."
But you cannot do that because the South Pole is somewhere special just as much as is the North Pole.
  • When looking directly overhead at night:
           At the North Pole the stars appear to rotate counter-clockwise about the Pole Star, Polaris and
           at the South Pole the stars appear to rotate counter-clockwise about the Pole Star, Polaris.
    There is plenty of photographic evidence of this from the South Pole but not the north  I wonder why the difference.
    See in this post for one such photo: Flat Earth Debate / Re: Another question for you flat earthers. « Message by rabinoz »

• The North Pole gets 24 hour daylight all the time from the 21st of September to the 21st March and
    The South Pole gets 24 hour daylight all the time from the 21st of March to the 21st of September and there is plenty of evidence for that!

Then you give a couple of references to magnetic poles but that is totally irrelevant!
The South Magnetic Pole is nowhere near the Geographic South Pole as the diagram you reference shows!

What is the difference of What is the difference of "Magnetic pole, geographic pole and geomagnetic pole".
"Incorrect! The South Magnetic Pole has been observed an studied since long before you were thought of, kiddo!"

No, Mr Wise, you have never been anywhere near the Geographic South Pole and neither have but I but:
  • I base my belief in the reality of the Geographic South Pole on the evidence, bolstered by the fact that many FEers now realise that there is a real Gouth Pole while
  • you seem to base you ideas solely of the fact that a real Geographic South Pole does not fit into your "Worldview" and that's not evidence just the ultimate "comfirmation bias".

Bye bye, some back when you have some real evidence of your claims!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 11:55:55 PM »
Tltr;
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 01:28:23 AM »
Tltr;
I take it that is your way of admitting defeat and that you acknowledge that basically everything you said in that prior post of yours amounts to pure garbage?

If not, defend your garbage.
If you aren't willing to defend it, stop posting in the debate section.

All the evidence shows that the geographic poles are a reality, with an objective location on Earth, and that the magnetic poles move and compasses don't point to the magnetic north pole.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 06:50:12 AM »
Tltr;
I take it that is your way of admitting defeat and that you acknowledge that basically everything you said in that prior post of yours amounts to pure garbage?

All the evidence shows that the geographic poles are a reality, with an objective location on Earth, and that the magnetic poles move and compasses don't point to the magnetic north pole.

It is about language barrier and your personality. You and rab are cruel globalists come here only to critise, to try to find mistake, manipulate the issue and convert the threat one of your disgusting globist theory. We have already left your theory. We are not believers that don't know what globalist theory say. We first learned it then found a better one then throwed out old and non useful nonsence theory. Your repeating it do not in our benefit but  waste of our time. Your repeating old and non useful globalist theory seems like to educate in lycee after university. It is old, it is primitive. So that your long posts never deserve a read and reply. I reply sometimes your short posts because they don't take much times. Thats all.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:25:53 AM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 01:28:52 PM »
Tltr;

It is about language barrier and your personality. You and rab are cruel globalists come here only to critise, to try to find mistake, manipulate the issue and convert the threat one of your disgusting globist theory. We have already left your theory. We are not believers that don't know what globalist theory say. We first learned it then found a better one then throwed out old and non useful nonsence theory. Your repeating it do not in our benefit but  waste of our time. Your repeating old and non useful globalist theory seems like to educate in lycee after university. It is old, it is primitive. So that your long posts never deserve a read and reply. I reply sometimes your short posts because they don't take much times. Thats all.

Shame on JackBlack and Rabinoz for cruelly hurling facts at people who have "throwed out" "non useful nonsence" "primitive" theory of a round Earth. Facts have no place in discussions of reality.  :o

JackBlack

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 02:07:08 PM »
It is about language barrier and your personality. You and rab are cruel globalists
Well you are somewhat right. It is about personality, but there you go with the insults again.
Rab and I care about the truth. We aren't cruel, we just object to false claims. We also try to learn things rather than be ignorant.
We wish to debate rather than just accept whatever crap is spoken.

You have made it clear that that is fundamentally incompatible with what you want.
You want to simply preach and have people accept whatever you say rather than challenge you.
When people do challenge you, you insult and attack them because you can't refute them.

We have already left your theory.
Yet you continually lie about it, presenting what you claim to be problems typically based upon ignorance or just lying saying false things about it.
I will object to these lies because I care about the truth.
You will also make numerous false claims about Earth.
I will also object to those.

If you don't want me commenting on your false claims, stop making them.

We are not believers that don't know what globalist theory say. We first learned it then found a better one then throwed out old and non useful nonsence theory.
There you go lying about it yet again.
You continually misrepresent both FE and RE. RE is the vastly better theory, it is actually a theory instead of FE which is a collection of contradictory ideas.
You are yet to show any actual problems with a RE and all your arguments to try and pretend FE are better have completely failed.

You are the one wasting everyone's time by repeatedly spouting pure nonsense.

If you want any sane person person to believe your nonsense, start defending it. If you can't then stop spouting it.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
You know I don't take a look posts who split my posts. I think you do it for I don't reply you. No problem. I already don't want to read your rubbish posts. This made my job easier. Thanks.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 02:40:50 PM »
You know I don't take a look posts who split my posts.
And you know I don't give a damn as even when your posts aren't split if you can't think up a response which doesn't make you look bad you won't respond either other than insulting people, just like you have done now dismissing my post as rubbish because you can't respond in a way which doesn't expose you.

Grow up.
Either defend your nonsense or stop spouting it.
If you don't wish to debate stick to the preaching section of the fora.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 02:58:09 PM »
Thanks for your offer. (I've just readed the last sentence). I want to try my chance to meet normal human so that continue to write somewhere heres without considering angry globalists. I think this not will be a problem for anybody.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 03:05:37 PM »
You and rab are cruel globalists come here only to critise, to try to find mistake, manipulate the issue and convert the threat one of your disgusting globist theory.

We have already left your theory. We are not believers that don't know what globalist theory say. We first learned it then found a better one then throwed out old and non useful nonsence theory.
Well, if you "first learned it then found a better one" why does your "theory" have to deny the reality of so much about the real world:
  • You, yourself claim that the southern hemisphere flights such as QANTAS QFA 27 and 28, QANTAS QFA 63 and 64 and SA224 are fake.
    But anyone who knows the truth about southern hemisphere flights knows that they are real flights that disprove you "map".

• Most of your "scientific theories" in Wise, All of my ZETA workings are here! are just total incorrect unscientific nonsense.
    You might even learn something from the early middle eastern scientists as in The Origins of Islamic Science By: Muhammad Abdul Jabbar Beg.

• You lie about anybody that tries give sound evidence against your false idea including people like Cahaya and many present members including myself, Sandokhan, JackBlack and many others, some of whom might even be on your side if you treated them properly.

• You do not have a "theory" that can explain the things that we see around us like"
             the way the sun and moon rise from behind and set  behind the horizon,
             how ships, buildings, whole cities and even large mountains all become hidden  behind the horizon as we move away from them,
             how the sun and moon can possibly stay the same apparent size from the time they rise to the time they set,
             how spacecraft, including satellites, can be orbiting the earth and
             I could go on and on how the flat earth cannot explain the movements of the planets and stars.
    All you flat-earthers do it to deny reality and call millions of people liars for making these claims.
    In other words, you cannot face any facts that deny your false ideas so you accuse those presenting them, like NASA, of lying.
Quote from: wise
Your repeating it do not in our benefit but  waste of our time.
We are not trying to benefit you orflat-earthersarthers who are blind to things that have been known for centuries and in some cases thousands of years.

The aim is to prevent others from being convinced of your false ideas.

Your repeating old and non useful globalist theory seems like to educate in lycee after university. It is old, it is primitive.
It might be "old" but it is not "primitive" and it is correct, unlike you "modern" unscientific garbage that most flat-earthers know is totally incorrect.

But it's a pity that you did not learn any real science in you lycée or Université.
Those early middle eastern scientists, astronomers and mathematicians would be ashamed of people like you!
They knew that the earth was a Globe and the shape of the earth has not changed since that time.

So that your long posts never deserve a read and reply. I reply sometimes your short posts because they don't take much times. Thats all.
Fine, I don't care if YOU don't read them or what you think of them but I've noticed that few, if any, other flat-earthers offer you any support.

Yes, Mr Wise, it would be far better if you really ignored what I wrote.

That's all.

JackBlack

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 03:56:52 PM »
I want to try my chance to meet normal human so that continue to write somewhere heres without considering angry globalists. I think this not will be a problem for anybody.
And there you go with even more insults and showing what you are really interested in.
You dismiss people that reject your nonsense as angry globalists. I am not angry, nor would I call myself a globalist. I am merely someone that cares about the truth, which would most normal people.

You aren't after normal people, you are after sheep. Stop pretending. Either defend your claims or stick to the preachers only section.

Just to remind you of your false claims, you assert that geographic and geomagnetic poles are fabricated nonsense and that only the magnetic poles exist. You also assert that the magnetic poles remain in the same position and that compasses point to the magnetic north pole.

None of those statements are true.
The geographic poles are based upon the real rotation of Earth and apparent rotation of the celestial sphere. The north pole is the one where the stars appear to circle in a counter-clockwise direction when viewed from Earth and the south is where the stars appear to circle in a clockwise direction when viewed from Earth. In both locations the stars simply appear to circle around, keeping the same angle of elevation (ignoring parallax). These are real points which can have their positions objectively determined and based upon conservation of angular momentum they remain in a fairly fixed position, only drifting quite slowly. You cannot just arbitrarily decide that some point will be the north pole.

The geomagnetic poles are based upon approximating Earth's magnetic field as a bar magnet, effectively changing the orientation of this bar magnet until it most closely matches Earth's actual magnetic field. As Earth's magnetic field is far from static, this moves quite a lot. It even flips on occasion with the north pole becoming the south pole and vice versa. Again, this can be objectively determined.

The magnetic poles are simply wherever Earth's magnetic field is (anti-)parallel to the direction of "down". Like the geomagnetic field, that moves around quite a lot and flips. Unlike the geomagnetic pole, we can hypothetically have many magnetic poles and we will (and have) when the magnetic field reverses polarity. But their positions can still be objectively determined.

A compass doesn't point to any of these poles. Instead it just aligns itself with the local magnetic field. On average, they point to the geomagnetic north pole, as that pole represents the average alignment of the magnetic field. The only time they would hypothetically reliably point to the magnetic north pole, is close to the magnetic north pole, but there the torque is quite low and they are highly sensitive to interference including from things like iron nails and screws, making them not even reliably point to the magnetic north pole then.

So all of your claims regarding the poles are factually incorrect.

You have also been presented with circumpolar navigation.
Even if you were true with your false claims of anywhere being capable of being the poles, these circumnavigations went via what is known as the south pole (and the north pole), specifically the geographic poles. This requires an instant teleportation across 40 000 km for your broken map of Earth, or travelling roughly 60 000 km to stick to near the south pole as you go around the rim. This should have been the longest section of the trip, being a greater distance than the rest of the trip combined, yet it was one of the shortest sections.

Are you going to defend any of your claims?

P.S. calling your map a projection shows you know that it is not an accurate map of a flat Earth but merely a projection of a round Earth onto a flat surface.
So do you want to call it a projection?

?

frenat

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 04:52:21 PM »
You know I don't take a look posts who split my posts. I think you do it for I don't reply you. No problem. I already don't want to read your rubbish posts. This made my job easier. Thanks.
No he does it because it is easier to reply to individual points. YOU are the only one that has a problem with it. Grow up.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »
You know I don't take a look posts who split my posts.

We know. But as frenat stated, as I'm sure many have before, it makes things easier to read. If you have multiple points, it's better to address each, with perhaps a summation that gathers around your 'unifying' post.

I think you do it for I don't reply you. No problem.

Well, so be it then. Maybe, maybe not.

I already don't want to read your rubbish posts. This made my job easier. Thanks.

That's beauty of this, you don't want to read the rubbish posts, aren't happy yours are split... then don't respond. But then you respond with the persistent "I'm not going to respond" thing and is getting old and for the record, it's actually a response. 

Now, back to the OP. If one person could show how a mono-pole map/earth, or mere notion thereof, actually works amid observed/lived navigation, transport, celestial movements of objects in the sky I will capitulate and switch teams. In the mean time, there is absolutely zero evidence and everything to the contrary, that the mono-pole model even remotely works in the real world as advertised.

To FET, kill the mono-pole, it sucks, is untenable, doesn't work, latch on to something else.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 04:40:50 AM »
You've less than 1250 posts I do no have to reply you. You've splitted my posts. You are an angry globalist who transferred instead on somebody when I have ignored the racists, so and so.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 04:44:17 AM »
No he does it because it is easier to reply to individual points. YOU are the only one that has a problem with it. Grow up.

Because it is so. Stop use clones. Give up racism. Grow up.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2018, 04:52:40 AM »
You've less than 1250 posts I do no have to reply you. You've splitted my posts. You are an angry globalist who transferred instead on somebody when I have ignored the racists, so and so.
You don't have any answer to his argument so you use the silly excuse that "You've less than 1250 posts I do no have to reply you" - how childish!

You don't have any answer to his argument so you use the silly excuse that "You've splitted my posts" -  what a childish immature creature you are!

And you still haven't explained to use who this raniboz is.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 07:04:57 AM »

Do you refuse to respond to anybody who has less than 1250 posts, or only round-Earthers with less than 1250 posts? Do you respond to flat-Earthers or people with an open mind who are new to the forum and have questions? I guess if you don't answer this post I'll have my answer. I'm keeping it short so it doesn't take too long to read. (1250 seems like an awfully arbitrary number, BTW. Some people honestly want answers but don't have time to post 1250 times.)

JackBlack

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 01:17:52 PM »
I do no have to reply you.
Yes, we all get it, you don't reply to people that challenge you.
Stop saying it, just remain silent.

Again:

The geographic poles are based upon the real rotation of Earth and apparent rotation of the celestial sphere. The north pole is the one where the stars appear to circle in a counter-clockwise direction when viewed from Earth and the south is where the stars appear to circle in a clockwise direction when viewed from Earth. In both locations the stars simply appear to circle around, keeping the same angle of elevation (ignoring parallax). These are real points which can have their positions objectively determined and based upon conservation of angular momentum they remain in a fairly fixed position, only drifting quite slowly. You cannot just arbitrarily decide that some point will be the north pole.

The geomagnetic poles are based upon approximating Earth's magnetic field as a bar magnet, effectively changing the orientation of this bar magnet until it most closely matches Earth's actual magnetic field. As Earth's magnetic field is far from static, this moves quite a lot. It even flips on occasion with the north pole becoming the south pole and vice versa. Again, this can be objectively determined.

The magnetic poles are simply wherever Earth's magnetic field is (anti-)parallel to the direction of "down". Like the geomagnetic field, that moves around quite a lot and flips. Unlike the geomagnetic pole, we can hypothetically have many magnetic poles and we will (and have) when the magnetic field reverses polarity. But their positions can still be objectively determined.

A compass doesn't point to any of these poles. Instead it just aligns itself with the local magnetic field. On average, they point to the geomagnetic north pole, as that pole represents the average alignment of the magnetic field. The only time they would hypothetically reliably point to the magnetic north pole, is close to the magnetic north pole, but there the torque is quite low and they are highly sensitive to interference including from things like iron nails and screws, making them not even reliably point to the magnetic north pole then.

You have also been presented with circumpolar navigation.
Even if you were true with your false claims of anywhere being capable of being the poles, these circumnavigations went via what is known as the south pole (and the north pole), specifically the geographic poles. This requires an instant teleportation across 40 000 km for your broken map of Earth, or travelling roughly 60 000 km to stick to near the south pole as you go around the rim. This should have been the longest section of the trip, being a greater distance than the rest of the trip combined, yet it was one of the shortest sections.

Now, are you going to defend any of your claims?
If not, go away as this forum is for debate and all you are doing is spamming garbage.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 01:22:24 PM »
You've less than 1250 posts I do no have to reply you.

That is correct, I do have less that 1250 posts.

You've splitted my posts.

Yes, I did.

You are an angry globalist who transferred instead on somebody when I have ignored the racists, so and so.

Yes, I am a globalist. Not so sure about 'angry', but that is certainly a debatable notion. And, based on the fact you responded in the way I expected, I will continue as if I will expect another response in much the same manner.

I'm going to go with Antarctica as an island continent. There is just too much evidence in support of it and absolutely zero evidence to support a mono-pole ring. FET would be better served by embracing a two-pole concept and working up some theories on how navigation, transport, celestial body movement would work. In the mean time, mono-pole/ice ring theory is represented by nothing in the observable world.

JackBlack

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 01:31:28 PM »
I'm going to go with Antarctica as an island continent. There is just too much evidence in support of it and absolutely zero evidence to support a mono-pole ring. FET would be better served by embracing a two-pole concept and working up some theories on how navigation, transport, celestial body movement would work. In the mean time, mono-pole/ice ring theory is represented by nothing in the observable world.
The problem is that a bi-polar model still doesn't address some problems, and really just pushes around problems.
Sure, you have a south pole and a south celestial pole, but now the direction to them is not 180 degrees apart. At the equator, where you can see both celestial poles, you would be able to see the poles appearing to get closer together or further apart as you move east/west.
It also has the issue of the pacific becoming a giant ring ocean. If you were to try and get from the southern US to China, the easiest route would be straight over Europe, even though plenty of ships (both sea and air) go via the pacific.
Likewise a trip from Sydney to Vancouver would go across Australia and Africa, instead of the observed route going over the pacific. So a bipolar map doesn't work either.

What they need to do is bend their map a little. Start with the north pole map and then bend it a bit to force the south pole into a point.