Re: The Coriolis Effect

• 27 Replies
« on: October 09, 2018, 04:25:40 PM »
OK listen up! I know most people love clinging to their beliefs even if there is proof right In front of them that will disprove that belief. Instead of having healthy skepticism we tend to complete overlook any fact that goes against our belief system. We feel like we put so much of ourselves into our belief system that it becomes part of our identity and it can bring us together with other people with similar beliefs so we can relate and discuss things on that subject. It gives us community, something that we all need and crave. It's part of being human. When somebody tells us that our belief is wrong we tend to get defensive which makes sense when you put all this into context. I have a friend who is very narrow minded and only sees the world one way, the typical nuts and bolts science that we are all taught in school. I try talking to him about things that don't fit into that box like the ufo phenomenon, the idea of a soul, forbidden archeology etc, many of these things have some real merit to them if your do the research or have been following the subjects for a very long time. It doesn't matter what evidence has been provided  he thinks its just crazy and anyone who believes it also wears a tinfoil hat when they are at home. That's his choice but I never understood why people can be so rigid when it comes to their ideals. We need and should be open to all possibilities it's the only way we can truly learn as a species. When we completely cut ourselves off from all ideas that don't fit into our neat little box we then become the rigid mind that only works in extremes. The world for years has been using the current paradigm that we were all taught to believe about man's evolutionary history. There has been many discoveries over the years that would completely rewrite our understanding of everything but that can be problematic for the many people that have based their entire lives and careers on and even published thousands of books. The archeology community is very strict of  this subject and very narrow minded because it would uproot many of their findings and make most of their work obsolete if true so they literally came up with a term called problematica which is when something is found that doesn't fit into their neat little box so they basically throw the evidence into the problematica box where it will never see the light of day. This is true and gives you an idea of how people are when it comes to their belief systems and why people are so defensive and closed minded when it comes to something that counters their perspective of things. For those of you that don't believe any of that do your research, there's a book called forbidden archeology, a archeologist named Robert schoch for some examples or check out this video anyways I know this is long and seemingly has no point but 'm getting to it. The fact is I constantly always see two sides always at each others throats and they never seem to get anywhere. Like science and religion, you are either one or the other and they are each trying to prove the other wrong and themselves right. And this is usually always done by using confirmation bias. Which is the worst possible way to prove your point. OK let's say I want to prove the existence of ufos, most people would do this by doing the obvious, listing as many credible facts and or occurrences that favor the existence of the ufo phenomenon and that's it. This is complete bias and this is how majority of people do this. If you want to do it properly you should do the opposite. If you truly believe that whatever your trying to prove is legit then go into it by trying to debunk it. So your trying to come up with facts that disproves your subject. By doing this you will actually prove it's existence and it won't look bias either. It's the proper way to do these things. I don't know if any of you guys heard of project blue book back in the early 50s the whole flying saucer thing was happening so the government wanted to shut the whole idea down and stared this investigation called project blue book to investigate the ufo phenomenon and essentially debunk it. And that was how the investigation went. They concluded it in the 70s and said their was no threat and nothing anomalous was there and could all be explained by the usual means. This wasn't true this was just the official story and what the government wanted as an end result regardless. The man who was the lead investigator actually became a believer after doing this investigation even though he went in it with the attitude of trying to debunk it and had no belief in it. They are currently making a TV series about on the history channel. Now here is a video that proves the topic of this post https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/06/03/videos-synced-up-across-the-globe-prove-once-and-for-all-which-way-water-swirls/ you could do this experiment a million times on the north and southern hemispheres and you wi always get the same results under the right circumstances, no outside influence of any kind that would change the result of the experiment. See that's what people tend to forget ..variables.. you may get some other influence that will change the outcomes. Like in a toilet for instance , the direction that the water jets are shooting when you flush will determine which way the water drains. This is why some toilets flush clockwise and others counterclockwise on both the northern and southern hemispheres. But like I said under a controlled experiment you will always get counterclockwise on the north and clockwise on the south the tests prove this. And this is the case mostly in the real world too. I said mostly because sometimes some outside variable will affect this and cause the opposite outcome. That is why an experiment needs to be controlled. I don't know if this fact disproves flat earth but it definitely means you should take another look at all the facts on both sides. And be open to whatever the answers are. If you go into these with the plan of already having your mind made up and no chance on changing it then your just a robot. We have free will so we can think for ourselves and look at data, think things out and come to a conclusion one way or the other no matter what our preconceived idea was before hand. me personally, well I just love learning new things. I love when I learn something that changes the way I think and view the world, it would be pretty boring otherwise wouldn't it? And if I'm wrong about something I want someone to tell me and show me why I'm wrong and if I am then great I learned something new, the truth, the thing most of us are seeking to know.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:09:52 PM »
tl;dr, but:

Coriolis force is easily explained as an artifact caused by the shadow of the aetheric whirlpool, much like leaves spinning in an eddy. It's actually quite simple, and requires no ridiculous theories of ball-earths spinning at impossible speeds

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:19:23 PM »
tl;dr, but:

Coriolis force is easily explained as an artifact caused by the shadow of the aetheric whirlpool, much like leaves spinning in an eddy. It's actually quite simple, and requires no ridiculous theories of ball-earths spinning at impossible speeds

What's so impossible about once every 24 hours? Sounds positively sluggish to me.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:31:27 PM »
tl;dr, but:

What's so impossible about once every 24 hours? Sounds positively sluggish to me.

Do you feel like you're moving at 1,000 mph? I don't

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »
tl;dr, but:

Conversely, Coriolis force is easily explained as an artifact caused by the earths spinning at a speed which is expected to maintain it's gravitational force and orbit in the solar system as exhaustively evidenced by experiment after experiment. It's actually quite simple, and requires no ridiculous theories of shadow of the aetheric whirlpool, a thing of which that is undefined, unobserved and for all intents and purposes, somewhat 'alchemic' and mythological.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 06:41:02 PM »
tl;dr, but:

Conversely, Coriolis force is easily explained as an artifact caused by the earths spinning at a speed which is expected to maintain it's gravitational force and orbit in the solar system as exhaustively evidenced by experiment after experiment. It's actually quite simple, and requires no ridiculous theories of shadow of the aetheric whirlpool, a thing of which that is undefined, unobserved and for all intents and purposes, somewhat 'alchemic' and mythological.

tl;dr, but:

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 06:44:39 PM »
Point?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »
Point?

I'm pretty sure I'm making my position clear. Although I'm not a moderator, I would certainly advise you to avoid low-content posting.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 06:57:34 PM »
tl;dr, but:

So what?  No one ever suggested you should.

When you sit on a plane at cruising speed, you don’t feel like you’re moving at over 500 mph either.  You can even stand up and walk normally to the toilet without being slammed into the back of the cabin.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 07:02:06 PM »
Point?

I'm pretty sure I'm making my position clear. Although I'm not a moderator, I would certainly advise you to avoid low-content posting.

I asked because you just reposted a bunch of stuff already posted. Without making a point. I would say "low content" posting on your part, actually.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 07:05:53 PM »
tl;dr, but:

When you sit on a plane at cruising speed, you don’t feel like you’re moving at over 500 mph either.  You can even stand up and walk normally to the toilet without being slammed into the back of the cabin.

That's different. The plane is moving in a straight line. Since the earth is supposed to be moving in a circle, we really ought to be tossed into the atmosphere by the certifugals if the Earth is round. Not that globularists will ever concede that basic fact

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 07:13:45 PM »
tl;dr, but:

That's different. The plane is moving in a straight line. Since the earth is supposed to be moving in a circle, we really ought to be tossed into the atmosphere by the certifugals if the Earth is round. Not that globularists will ever concede that basic fact

No. The earth is big, so the angular component is very low and completely overwhelmed by gravity.  It works out about 0.3% of earths gravity at the equator.

Try the maths yourself if you don’t believe me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:22:05 PM by Unconvinced »

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 08:51:45 PM »
tl;dr, but:

You said spinning at impossible speeds. That's different.

Of course you don't feel like you're moving at 1,000 mph. You don't ever feel moving. You only feel acceleration.

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 08:57:38 PM »
tl;dr, but:

I guess you think anything that moves in a circle flings things off it, regardless of how slowly it's spinning. Interesting point of view.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 09:10:15 PM »
tl;dr, but:

Speed is relative.  When you are driving in your car at a constant speed of 60 mph do you feel like you are moving at 60 mph?  After you accelerate up to 80 and are moving at a constant 80 mph do you feel like you are moving any faster? 

Nothing is impossible about the Earth spinning.

Scale the size of the Earth down to a beachball and rotate that beachball at a constant rate so it makes a single rotation in ~24hours.   The beachball and the earth are rotating at the same rate, why are the specs of sand on it not flying off.  Those specs of sand would be infinitely larger than us via scale, but they will still be on the beachball.  Please explain?

Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »
There's no "basic fact" for the "globularists" to "ever concede" in this regard.

Have you ever calculated what these "certifugals if the Earth is round" might amount to?
Sure the surface velocity of the earth at the equator is close to 460 m/s (about 1000 mph) but the earth's radius is huge, about 6378 km.
Now, according to Deriving the centripetal acceleration formula, the centrifugal has a magnitude of v2/r (I guess everybody knew that).

Hence acent = 4602/6.378 x 106 = 0.033 m/s2. This seems almost negligible compared to g = 9.81 m/s2

So no, we really ought not "to be tossed into the atmosphere by the certifugals if the Earth is round".
All the earth's rotation does is to slightly reduce the effect of gravitation very slightly.
This is part of the reason that geff is slightly less at the equator than at the poles..

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 10:00:39 PM »
tl;dr, but:

• The is no evidence, Zetetic or otherwise, of any "shadow of the aetheric whirlpool".

• The Globe is not "spinning at impossible speeds" but at slightly more than one revolution per 24 hours.

• This "aetheric whirlpool" hypothesis fails completely to address the observation that low pressure weather systems
             in the Northern Hemisphere (including hurricanes and typhoons) rotate anti-clockwise
    and
             In the Southern Hemisphere (including cyclones) rotate clockwise.

But high pressure weather systems
             in the Northern Hemisphere rotate clockwise
    and
             In the Southern Hemisphere rotate anti-clockwise.

And an important question is why the differences in rotation direction and why is the dividing line is the equator and not the sun-path or some other dividing line?
Care to comment?

Re: Re: The Coriolis Effect
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 01:21:29 AM »
Hi Tausami, yes, when I watch a sunset, as the entire horizon moves upwards and eventually hides the sun, I do feel like I'm moving at over 1000 kilometers an hour. It's an awesome spaceship we're all on!

So, how many people do you know of, who have fallen off the edge of the world?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »
Hi Tausami, yes, when I watch a sunset, as the entire horizon moves upwards and eventually hides the sun, I do feel like I'm moving at over 1000 kilometers an hour. It's an awesome spaceship we're all on!

So, how many people do you know of, who have fallen off the edge of the world?

Chris Spaghetti tried, but the NASA snipers got him first.

tl;dr, but:

• The is no evidence, Zetetic or otherwise, of any "shadow of the aetheric whirlpool".

• The Globe is not "spinning at impossible speeds" but at slightly more than one revolution per 24 hours.

• This "aetheric whirlpool" hypothesis fails completely to address the observation that low pressure weather systems
             in the Northern Hemisphere (including hurricanes and typhoons) rotate anti-clockwise
    and

and

And an important question is why the differences in rotation direction and why is the dividing line is the equator and not the sun-path or some other dividing line?
Care to comment?

Care greatly. To your point about high vs low pressure, and their directionalities, I think you'll find that if you do the math it works out equivalently regardless of whether the forces involved come from changing position on a spinning ball or a force more equivalent to friction

As for why the direction changes at the equator, it's the other way around. The equator is necessarily at the point where the whirlpool and the Earth are static relative to each other, because the equator is defined by the movement of the sun and the sun's movement is defined by the whirlpool

The reason the Earth and the whirlpool have changing rotational velocities, relative to each other, is that the Earth is spinning with different dynamics than the whirlwind. The Earth moves like an axle, whereas the whirlwind moves like an eddy. The wind is slowest at the edges and fastest in the center (in terms of angular velocity) while the Earth has a constant angular velocity. The point where the two velocities work out equal is called the equator

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 10:23:10 PM »
tl;dr, but:

and
    and

Care to comment?
Care greatly. To your point about high vs low pressure, and their directionalities, I think you'll find that if you do the math it works out equivalently regardless of whether the forces involved come from changing position on a spinning ball or a force more equivalent to friction

OK, would you care to show your math for "high vs low pressure, and their directionalities" due to "a force more equivalent to friction".

And what is this "friction"?
Any description of the properties of aether (even if it were a real "substance") that I have seen indicate that it has no effect on "ponderous matter".
Do you have any evidence that there could possibly be any friction between aether and air?

Quote from: Tausami
As for why the direction changes at the equator, it's the other way around. The equator is necessarily at the point where the whirlpool and the Earth are static relative to each other, because the equator is defined by the movement of the sun and the sun's movement is defined by the whirlpool
But the equator is the path of the sun at the equinoxes but the dividing line between anti-clockwise rotating lows and clockwise rotating lows is not the current sun's path but the equator.

The reason the Earth and the whirlpool have changing rotational velocities, relative to each other, is that the Earth is spinning with different dynamics than the whirlwind. The Earth moves like an axle, whereas the whirlwind moves like an eddy.
What "whirlwind" are you talking about? high and low pressure weather systems can hardly be called whirlwinds.
Even around the eye of a hurricane the wind might take around 2 hours to complete one revolution - hardly a whirlwind.
Whirlwinds and tornados are a different story.
While Coriolis has little direct effect on them they usually, but not always, rotate in the direction of the low pressure region that "spawned" them.

Sure the Globe rotates almost as though on and axle through the poles but I thought that the flat earth was completely without axial motion. As in
Quote from: Samuel Birley Rowbotham, PhD.
Earth Not a Globe
An experimental inquiry into the true figure of the Earth, proving it a plane, without orbital or axial motion, and the only known material world; its true position in the universe, comparatively recent formation, present chemical condition, and approaching destruction by fire, etc. A treatise on Zetetic Astronomy.

The wind is slowest at the edges and fastest in the center (in terms of angular velocity) while the Earth has a constant angular velocity. The point where the two velocities work out equal is called the equator
That sounds an interesting hypothesis but how does that explain:
A high pressure weather system In the Northern Hemisphere rotating clockwise yet an adjacent low pressure weather system rotates anti-clockwise whether near the equator or the North Pole.
And
A high pressure weather system in the Southern Hemisphere rotating anti-clockwise yet an adjacent low pressure weather system rotates clockwise whether near the equator or the South Pole.

Do you know something? I think I'll stick to the simple explanations that come from the earth's being a slowly rotation Globe.
I don't need all these ad hoc hypotheses to explain these observations nor to explain everyday things like beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 04:58:18 AM »
Tausami:
I can’t believe you got to 6000 plus posts still thinking that 1000mph at a radius of 4000 miles is going to fling stuff off anymore than a clock flings it’s hands off.
But since you brought it up, yes any object weighs measurably less at the equator.
How is that explained on a (now also spinning, apparently) flat disc?

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 05:14:35 AM »
Its so "simple" and doesnt rely on "ridiculous theory"?
Ok taus.
Try and explain ether in relation to hemisphere of stars, moon phases, sun, mars wobble, calculate this eddy, the iss and nasa, why the edge of earth hasnt erroded by said eddy, and so on...
- if its so simple.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 01:03:08 PM »
Ok taus.
Try and explain ether in relation to hemisphere of stars, moon phases, sun, mars wobble, calculate this eddy, the iss and nasa, why the edge of earth hasnt erroded by said eddy, and so on...
- if its so simple.

Sure.

1) Eyewalls
2) Lunar microbiota
3) Eyewalls
4) What about "mars wobble" would you like me to explain?
5) This isn't a question
6) Conspiracy
7) Superfluid properties of aether

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 01:24:10 PM »
Ok taus.
- if its so simple.

Sure.

1) Eyewalls
2) Lunar microbiota
3) Eyewalls
5) This isn't a question
6) Conspiracy

1) Perpetual typhoons all across the planet? As observed by?
2) Digestive tract evidence?
3) See #1
4) Yes
5) Not sure what number 5 is.
6) NASA Conspiracy? Do go on.
7) Aether and its 'superfluid properties' as evidenced by? Not saying it doesn't exist, but there haven't been any peer reviewed studies that confirm it does.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 02:04:34 PM »
Ok taus.
- if its so simple.

Sure.

1) Eyewalls
2) Lunar microbiota
3) Eyewalls
5) This isn't a question
6) Conspiracy

3) See #1
4) Yes
7) Aether and its 'superfluid properties' as evidenced by? Not saying it doesn't exist, but there haven't been any peer reviewed studies that confirm it does.

1) Eyewalls of the aetheric whirlpool, not of terrestrial storms
2) Hey, I didn't come up with the term. Pretty sure it was Wilmore or Ichi
6) Read the FAQ
7) You're describing a structural problem that I've written about extensively. As I've said many times, I consider myself a flat Earth theorist. My goal is to create a self-consistent model, which future researchers will be able to prove or falsify in a future time when either flat earth research is considered acceptable by our capitalist overlords, or after the revolution rids us of said overlords. As it is, I'm an academic scientist who would lose my job in an afternoon if I publically supported FET. It's just not possible in the current environment

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 02:50:44 PM »
Ok taus.
- if its so simple.

Sure.

1) Eyewalls
2) Lunar microbiota
3) Eyewalls
5) This isn't a question
6) Conspiracy

3) See #1
4) Yes

1) Eyewalls of the aetheric whirlpool, not of terrestrial storms
2) Hey, I didn't come up with the term. Pretty sure it was Wilmore or Ichi
6) Read the FAQ
7) You're describing a structural problem that I've written about extensively. As I've said many times, I consider myself a flat Earth theorist. My goal is to create a self-consistent model, which future researchers will be able to prove or falsify in a future time when either flat earth research is considered acceptable by our capitalist overlords, or after the revolution rids us of said overlords. As it is, I'm an academic scientist who would lose my job in an afternoon if I publically supported FET. It's just not possible in the current environment

1) If not terrestrial, than what of? And evidence of which consists of...? As in aetheric whirlpools? Sounds cool, but I have found no evidence of such.
2) You brought it up. I have no idea what to make of it. Googling such just gives me stuff about colons. I have no idea what that means to a flat or round earth.
6) Yep, have. cool. Whatever.
7) Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with your prior treatises, will make myself more so. If you want the future to 'prove or falsify' your notions, then why say so if the outcome is undoubtedly and decidedly against you because of the presence of capitalist overlords? You claim academia as your vocation, yet you cower behind your core belief b/c it is inconvenient and, perhaps, not profitable. Noble.

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »
What are eyewalls and what do they have to do with the stars?

Lunar what?
Jow does this mot fall under "ridiculous" theory?

Why does mars seemlingly and predictably change direction in the sky.

Show us how the eddy behaves.
Its so simple.
Computational fluid dynamics exists.
Someone should be able to do it.

Superfluid properties what?
Wind and rain can move mountains.
If there is a perpetual UA of ether that can cause the atmo-"plane" to swirl and cause bullets to seemlingly change direction, this ether that can literally accell all of earth upwards - it can most certainly erode rhe edge of the flat earth.
Search a discussion i had with jane a while back where we explored the simple logistics of living in a UA universe.
So simple

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 03:38:09 PM »
Ok taus.
Try and explain ether in relation to (1) hemisphere of stars, (2) moon phases, (3) sun, (4) mars wobble, (5) calculate this eddy, (6) the iss and nasa, (7) why the edge of earth hasnt erroded by said eddy, and so on...
- if its so simple.

Sure.

1) Eyewalls
2) Lunar microbiota
3) Eyewalls
5) This isn't a question
6) Conspiracy
Sounds interesting. What about further elucidation?
  • What are "Eyewalls"?
  • What are "Lunar microbiota" and where is there any evidence for same, Zetetic or otherwise?
  • See 1.
  • An explanation from someone would be good.
  • No it's not a question, it is a request. Don't you do requests?
  • What conspiracy? Is it by the Jesuits, Rosicrucians, Freemasons, Illuminati, Zionists and what did it start?
  • Please post a reference to these "Superfluid properties of aether" that can show "friction like interactions with matter" and present evidence for same.
It would seem that Zetecism amounts to:
The earth looks flat (an I agree, it does) so it must be flat (I disagree) then you are free to hypothesise everything everything else without the need for evidence.

That certainly seems to be what you, and other flat-earthers do with you "Eyewalls", "Lunar microbiota", "the conspiracy" and "Superfluid properties of aether".