How does the internet work?

• 21 Replies
How does the internet work?
« on: October 09, 2018, 08:11:41 AM »
Hi, I searched the FE forum a little bit but couldn't find an answer. So the internet is basically that we have cables connecting our home routers to a bigger local router which then sends the signal up to a satellite in space. This sattelite then redirects the information through other satellites and then back to earth to the main server of the website. But if the earth is flat and mankind has never been to space, then satellites would be an impossibility and the whole internet network would crash. It would be way too inefficient to run the internet on the ground as although it would be generally flat, there are still hills and mountains that disrupt the connection. Being able to send a precise signal over long distances taking the terrain over the whole earth into consideration would just be insane. So how come I can write on this thread right now presumably from the other side of earth with no problem? How does it work, and how do they cover up such a big technology? Phones work the same way as well, which is why signal is sometimes lost if there isn't any mobile operations transmitters nearby.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Re: How does the internet work?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 08:14:26 AM »
Most internet traffic goes through fiber in the ground, not through space.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 09:32:04 AM »
Fiber-Optic Submarine (Ocean Floor) Communication cables.

Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:52:24 AM »
Do those cables follow round earth shortest paths?
How do they accommodate deepsea trenches and mountains?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »
Do those cables follow round earth shortest paths?
How do they accommodate deepsea trenches and mountains?
Probably.

IDK, I would assume they map the intended path so as to go around or travese such obstacles.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 05:34:21 AM »
Hi, I searched the FE forum a little bit but couldn't find an answer. So the internet is basically that we have cables connecting our home routers to a bigger local router which then sends the signal up to a satellite in space. This sattelite then redirects the information through other satellites and then back to earth to the main server of the website. But if the earth is flat and mankind has never been to space, then satellites would be an impossibility and the whole internet network would crash. It would be way too inefficient to run the internet on the ground as although it would be generally flat, there are still hills and mountains that disrupt the connection. Being able to send a precise signal over long distances taking the terrain over the whole earth into consideration would just be insane. So how come I can write on this thread right now presumably from the other side of earth with no problem? How does it work, and how do they cover up such a big technology? Phones work the same way as well, which is why signal is sometimes lost if there isn't any mobile operations transmitters nearby.
The internet has nothing to do with outer space.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 08:31:29 PM »

My Internet services comes in on fiber optic along with my regular telepone service. (Frontier)
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 07:00:21 AM »

All are land network system. Otherwise how can you explain why smart phones do not work in deserted areas?

Wait, another problem. You never move your dish but satellites really are stabil to hold your signal to true direction?

There is internet on Sat TV's. So you are believing that you type something on your pc, in a few ms'nds your request go google and turns you back, and does it a travel between your home and a satellite that far you see it from your home. Don't you realize that the internet is working when the weather is rainy? Because all system are underground.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 05:21:14 AM »
Internet is a bad example as pointed out. However, its a valid question for gps, radio, television, satellite phones,  etcetera etcetera

Be gentle

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 01:11:44 AM »

Yes.  This is true.  When I worked for Cisco I actually worked with a man that laid the first fiber lines across the atlantic ocean back in the early 90s.  Basically the lines run from the US to Europe and then from Europe to the rest of the world.

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 12:02:52 AM »
Internet uses optic fibers because if you use satellits (36 000 km over the earth) the ping is too long : minimum (36 000 + 36 000) / 300 000 = 0,24 s if the satellite is over your head. 240 ms. Too poor. New york / Paris with fiber : 6 000 / 300 000 = 0,02 s. 20 ms. Better.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 02:01:51 PM »
However, its a valid question for gps, radio, television, satellite phones,  etcetera etcetera

My theory for this is that, because the earth has a dome over it, it's much easier to reflect signals off of it. Therefore, a radio tower somewhere else on the earth could be positioned as to reflect its signals off the dome and appear as if it was a satellite. This is one of NASA's primary objectives—to hide the dome from us. They supposedly launched satellites that we are supposed to believe exist in place of the dome.

Having a large radio reflector over our heads allows services like "satellite" phones, radio, and GPS to work as they do.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 04:59:09 PM »

There seems to be a large disparity between E-W connections routed in the Northern or Southern hemiplanes
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 06:49:15 PM »
The internet works with satellites like you have always heard. The Earth is round and there is absolutely nothing to prove that it is flat. There are some fiber optic cables running underground, but the internet works primarily with satellites in space. And yes, we have been to the moon.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 06:52:53 PM »
...the internet works primarily with satellites...

That's just not true. It's primarily through fiber, not satellite.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 10:20:40 AM »
It is interesting to note this is actually a proof of a flat earth. The lengths of the transatlantic cables have been shown in the past to not match up with round earth distances.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 10:23:32 AM »
I can't find the citation for my above claim; I'll check my sources at some point, or will find this thread when I reread the original.

That said, the earlier claim that all internet traffic goes through satellites (this is patently stupid) can be debunked by round earth sources: https://www.newsweek.com/undersea-cables-transport-99-percent-international-communications-319072

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:46 AM »
Here we go, it was Carpenter:
The surveyor's plans for the first Atlantic Telegraph cable show that in 1665 miles - from Valentia Ireland to St. John's Newfoundland - the surface of the Atlantic ocean is a level surface.

Likely from his 100 proofs earth not a globe. For more evidences look here:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67919.0

Wardlaw and Rowbotham also bring this up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:04:59 PM by John Davis »

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 11:26:10 AM »

There seems to be a large disparity between E-W connections routed in the Northern or Southern hemiplanes
As expected considering the traffic flows.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 11:35:25 AM »
You don't find it at all curious that with the exception of a small connection between Oz-NZ, all the EW traffic is routed through the northern hemiplane. Quite a coincidence.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 02:27:36 PM »
You don't find it at all curious that with the exception of a small connection between Oz-NZ, all the EW traffic is routed through the northern hemiplane. Quite a coincidence.

I don't find that curious at all. Looking at the map, the connections seem to be between developed economies, broadly in proportion to their size. I might have expected more direct connections between South America and Europe, but other than that very little surprises. What would you have expected to be different?

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 06:51:27 PM »
Well done everyone. I believe this has been thoroughly explored.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget