1m Wave block 100m building

• 124 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: 1m Wave block 100m building
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2018, 11:52:02 PM »
I have made a working about how a wave blocks shipd behind it and published in the place that angry globists spread their rubbish on it. In short, theorically it blocks. Scientifically it blocks. Whatever any of you claim some rubbish can not change the reality.

Apply your science to mine and see what you come up with.

Example A: 3.7m wave required
Example F2: 17.6m wave required

For reference, here's what waves look like:

JackBlack

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2018, 12:20:38 AM »
I have made a working about how a wave blocks shipd behind it and published in the place that angry globists spread their rubbish on it. In short, theorically it blocks. Scientifically it blocks. Whatever any of you claim some rubbish can not change the reality.
If it is anything like the nonsense you provided above, it fails entirely. It doesn't work in theory as your "theory" is fundamentally flawed. It isn't scientific in any way.

You even ran away from trying to defend your claims, showing you have no confidence in it at all.

If you wish to claim it works, present it here and defend it. If you don't then go back to the preachers only section.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »
If it is anything like the nonsense you provided above, it fails entirely. It doesn't work in theory as your "theory" is fundamentally flawed. It isn't scientific in any way.

You even ran away from trying to defend your claims, showing you have no confidence in it at all.

If you wish to claim it works, present it here and defend it. If you don't then go back to the preachers only section.
You can find Wise's wisdom about waves in this post:
In the very next post he states that:
"As a solve the problem of wave, we can use a high place. Whether if waves arrive 5 metres high, we can solve it by stay on an object more than 5 metres".

Which seems to be exactly the same as we've been claiming all along!
A wave can block no more than its own height if the camera/eye height is higher than the wave.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2018, 01:18:15 AM »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

İgnored: Disputeone

JackBlack

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2018, 02:18:16 AM »

You already posted this garbage. The problem is you are confusing angular size and real size.
Again, here is a more accurate picture:

If you want to try drawing pictures showing what is being obscured, including lines going from the eyes, you need to use the real size.

If you want to use one based upon angular size, a picture isn't really needed, instead just numbers can be.
However if you did want to draw a picture, then the y axis would be angular size and thus the region blocked by the wave would be a horizontal line, not starting at the eye.
The eye position would be at 0. Anything below the eye would be at a negative angle, anything above would be positing.

Lets not bother with such a picture and instead just use the numbers.

Firstly, your person is 1.65 m high (at least there eye height is there). That is the reference you would use. So assuming they are looking straight out (i.e. level, that is what you need to focus on.
This means the wave, which is 1 m high, would actually be referenced as 0.65 m below the eye line.
This puts it (assuming it is still 5 m away) roughly 7.4 degrees below your eye line. Thus anything above these 7.4 degrees would not be blocked by the wave.
So let's see how far down an object has to be again, using 150 m for the distant building/object to be below 7.4 degrees. (note we don't even need trig, we can just use similar triangles for this). As it is 30 times as far, the object needs to be 30 times lower.
This means that in order for the wave to obscure the object entirely, the top of the object would need to be 19.5 m below you. That gives it a height of -17.85 m.

Stop just spouting nonsense. Actually address what has been said.
If you don't want to debate, go back to the preaching section.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2018, 02:29:38 AM »
Tltr;  ::)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

JackBlack

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2018, 02:43:06 AM »
Tltr;  ::)
You repeatedly doing that every time you get destroyed just shows you are completely unable to defend your claims.
Either start debating and defending your claims, or go back to the preaching section.

Again, a short version:
IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR AN OBJECT BELOW YOU TO OBSTRUCT THE VISION OF AN OBJECT ABOVE YOU!
If you are above a wave, it cannot block the view to any part of an object above the wave.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2018, 03:18:40 AM »

You diagram is totally incorrect!
  • There is no such person as Raniboz :).

• The 10 m ship only appears small to Raniboz - it is only its angular size that changes NOT its actual size.
    On your side view the ship should still be its full 10 m height with only a small amount hidden.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2018, 03:44:11 AM »
Nope. I do it when a post so long to read. I constantly destroy you the angry globularist team, but whenever I do it, your team instantly start long postes.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2018, 04:52:51 AM »
Nope. I do it when a post so long to read. I constantly destroy you the angry globularist team, but whenever I do it, your team instantly start long postes.
;D ;D If its my post you claimed was "so long to read" try again! It had your diagram and 4 lines of text ;D ;D.
If you're referring to JackBlack's post I suggest that your real problem is that, as usual, you have no answer so you pretend that you didn't read it.

And, Wise, your "constantly destroy" nothing, except perhaps, your own credibility!
I haven't seen any of your "angry flatularist team" rushing in to support you - maybe they too realise that your arguments are quite wrong..

By the way where is the wave hiding most of the farther ship in the video I posted?  You remember these that you had no reasonable answer for, just silly excuses:
If the observer or camera is well above wave height that is irrelevant! Look at the ships in this video and screenshots!

Nikon P900 debunks flat earth (again)... by MCtheEmcee1
But look from 0:15 on, with two large ships and far better visibility.
The closer ship is a little closer than the horizon but the container ship has all of the hull and most of the containers hidden behind the ocean.

There is no way that waves can be hiding that ship. Look at these two screenshots:

There are no waves there obscuring the view!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I do wish you flat-earthers would stop making silly excuses for such obvious evidence of water curving over the Globe!
And don't blame me if "your team" has let you down again.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:35:06 PM by rabinoz »

JackBlack

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2018, 02:10:48 PM »
You are yet to destroy anything except any respect people have for you.
The posts are "long" as they explain what is wrong with your claims.
But even when they are short, you think of whatever BS you can to avoid answering.
If you don't want to debate, go back to the preachers only section. If you want to stay here, defend your claims.

If you want to draw a side on image like you did, you need to use real sizes, not angular sizes.
That produces an image like this:

Notice the wave is only capable of obstructing the view to near objects, and only by a small amount.

If you want to use angular sizes, then you set the eye height as 0, and have things measured from there, noting the obscured region is now based on a horizontal line, corresponding to the angular position of the wave.
e.g.:

Again, notice how no significant amount of the boat or building will be hidden with the wave not hiding anything after some distance.

Now will you actually respond this time or just dismiss this post as well?

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2018, 02:23:05 PM »
Not forgetting to mention the effect is not seen when its a boat at X distance.
A boat would be up and down, floating on the wave.

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2018, 07:41:11 PM »

So the distant object physically becomes smaller.  How does that work?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2018, 09:36:06 PM »

Today we'll see an example about what appearent size causes:

This is the reason of why we can not see the other side of a small wave, although we are on a high has enough high.

If raniboz stays on a mountain has 1.000 metres high, even so he can not see a ship behind a 1 metre sea wave! We'll do its theoric calculations soon.

In short; This simple geometry is not actually valid.

Sounds you everytime see C object from A object. But this basic geometric knowledge does not work everytime. You can not see the C object everytime from A point, whenever C object far enough the B object blocks it.

it has to be proved by mathematical equations. in fact, I've proven it on a few examples, but it's not yet ready for publication. in a normal world it is awarded the nobel mathematics award. but not in this world. In this world, a bunch of angry globalist insult the only thing I can take with this.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2018, 10:25:18 PM »

So you are saying it is due to the distant object physically shrinking.  This is what your diagram shows.  Again, how does it shrink?  How does it know to shrink?  What happens if it is being viewed by someone close and someone far away at the same time?

zorbakim

• Pyeong Jee In
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2018, 11:25:05 PM »

This is the reason of why we can not see the other side of a small wave, although we are on a high has enough high.

If raniboz stays on a mountain has 1.000 metres high, even so he can not see a ship behind a 1 metre sea wave! We'll do its theoric calculations soon.

Sounds you everytime see C object from A object. But this basic geometric knowledge does not work everytime. You can not see the C object everytime from A point, whenever C object far enough the B object blocks it.

Good and easy explanation :)
The conceptual earth is round, but the sensory earth is flat.

JackBlack

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2018, 12:41:51 AM »
You seem to love asserting that, but you are yet to explain why.
That simple geometry shows the side view of the object and the path light needs to follow.
Also notice that all the region behind the wave is blocked. Yet we all know this isn't true. We can easily observe waves and the sea behind them.

Close. The reason it fails is because Earth is curved. It isn't object B blocking it.

it has to be proved by mathematical equations. in fact, I've proven it on a few examples
You are yet to prove anything, but simple examples disprove you.
Math disproves you.

Defend your claims. Stop just repeating the same garbage.

JackBlack

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2018, 12:42:39 AM »
There is no explanation in that post, just baselessly asserted garbage.

There is no way for the wave to block the light coming from above it.
That is what you need to explain. How does a wave that is below you obstruct your vision to a distant object that is above you and the wave?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2018, 12:47:48 AM »

Except for the simple and obvious fact that distant objects do not shrink!. It is only the apparent size that falls off.

As Wise himself shows, the angular size of an object is arctan(size of object/distance to object).
For reasonably distant objects this is close enough to (size of object/distance to object) radians.

Wise shows the actual size of object falling off and that is quite incorrect.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2018, 01:41:26 AM »

Thanks.

Actually I have tested it by some spesific examples and verified it. But it is not so easy to prove "there is always a wave blocks every high of ship" without using mathematic. I'm not so good on trigonometry but even so I'll examine both arctangent functions for a wave has 1 metre high and ship has 20 metres high. I'll show which distances hides the ship depends on raniboz'es stay various highs like 2 metres, 10 metres and 100 metres.

Actually this may be a master thesis of trigonometry. :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2018, 01:56:35 AM »
I'll show which distances hides the ship depends on raniboz'es stay various highs like 2 metres, 10 metres and 100 metres.

Who is this "raniboz"?

But you are joking if you claim "this may be a master thesis of trigonometry".
There's nothing complicated about it if you ever went to school. You must have skipped the course in elementary trigonometry.

Still flat-earthers obviously have never understood elementary physics and mathematics otherwise they'd never be flat-earthers.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2018, 02:20:49 AM »

Thanks.

Actually I have tested it by some spesific examples and verified it. But it is not so easy to prove "there is always a wave blocks every high of ship" without using mathematic. I'm not so good on trigonometry but even so I'll examine both arctangent functions for a wave has 1 metre high and ship has 20 metres high. I'll show which distances hides the ship depends on raniboz'es stay various highs like 2 metres, 10 metres and 100 metres.

To save you some math, here's what it looks like using a Flat Earth simulator using the data in your diagram.

- Rab is the observer at 2m
- The wave, 1m tall, is 100m in front of Rab
- The ship, 20m tall, is 10000m in front of Rab

JackBlack

« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2018, 03:38:49 AM »
Actually I have tested it by some spesific examples and verified it.
Stop lying.
What you are saying is pure nonsense. It doesn't match reality at all.
Is your "testing" just observing objects disappearing? If so, that isn't testing your nonsense, it is merely showing Earth is round.

I'm not so good on trigonometry but even so I'll examine both arctangent functions for a wave has 1 metre high and ship has 20 metres high. I'll show which distances hides the ship depends on raniboz'es stay various highs like 2 metres, 10 metres and 100 metres.
No, it is actually quite simple and uses quite basic trig.
You don't even need the trig functions, just simple triangles.

If you have an observer of height He, a wave of height Hw at a distance of dw, and a building of Hb at a distance of db, then the top of the wave is a height of Hwe=Hw-He above the eye level, and the top of the building is Hbe=Hb-He.
Then we just use similar triangles. Hwe/dw=Hbe/db. If you want to use the arctangent, then you just take it for those, i.e. atan(Hwe/dw)=atan(Hbe/db).
This can also be set as (Hw-He)/dw=(Hb-He)/db.

For example, a building of 20 m, with a wave height of 1 m results in:
(1-He)/dw=(20-He)/db
If the building is 150 m away and the wave is 5 m away then you get:
(1-He)/5=(20-He)/150
150*(1-He)=5*(20-He)
150-150*He=100-5*He
50=145*He
He=50/145=0.34 m.

The only time it gets difficult is when you accept Earth is round.

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2018, 08:49:31 AM »
Did you put a camera next to the 'distant' object and get footage of it physically shrinking as you moved far away from it?

Yib

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2018, 04:43:27 PM »
If the earth is flat, something at or below eye level will never obscure more than its own height of something more distant.

If eye level h=1m, and an obscuring object is also h=1m, the most of a more distant 100m object that can be be hidden by the smaller, nearer object is 1m...if the earth is flat.

Perspective makes a 100m appear smaller as its distance increases, but in also makes the 1m obscuring object appear smaller. And, on a flat earth, the 1m object can never rise above the 1m eye level. As well, 99m of the 100m object will never drop below eye level. It's geometrically impossible for a 1m object to hide a 100m object on flat earth, no matter the distance or how much you zoom in or out.

Using Walter Bislins' Advanced Earth Curvature Calculator in Flat Earth Mode to demonstrate:

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2018, 09:17:59 PM »
Did you put a camera next to the 'distant' object and get footage of it physically shrinking as you moved far away from it?

Cameras have not be a tool to deceive people.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2109983#new
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2018, 09:24:27 PM »
As I can see, you two are clones. Perhaps one of ignored one. So that you've been ignored. I will not add you to signature but announce you as clones.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2018, 10:15:20 PM »
Cameras have not be a tool to deceive people.
No they don't but you do your best to do that with your silly thread, All of my ZETA workings are here! that has little but total rubbish!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2018, 10:34:08 PM »
As I can see, you two are clones. Perhaps one of ignored one. So that you've been ignored. I will not add you to signature but announce you as clones.
Why do you have to continually make silly claims like, "you two are clones"? Why would anyone bother making clones on a site like this.

Making accusations like that without evidence is no different from lying and you have no evidence that they are clones!

If you don't have answers for the evidence presented just butt out and stop personally attacking everybody far better than you!
Here have another look!
There is no way that waves can be hiding that ship. Look at these two screenshots:

Then  watch this very relevant video and learn something!

Flat Earth. The Impossible Horizon? Part 2 by Miles Davis

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2018, 11:06:08 PM »
I would say, given the lack of evidence that a 1m wave can block a 100m building, 10m building or 20m ship from the vantage point of a 2m observer and the presence of overwhelming evidence that it can't, the OP is sufficiently debunked. There is literally nothing that says it can and pages showing it can't.