Constellations and stars.

• 5 Replies
Constellations and stars.
« on: December 13, 2018, 05:46:35 PM »
How do Flat Earthers explain the way that the stars rotate sideways in one hemisphere, but rotate in the opposite direction in the other hemisphere? Phonomenon that is completely explained in a model where the Earth is spherical.
Open to answers.

?

robintex

• Ranters
Re: Constellations and stars.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 06:23:40 PM »
How do Flat Earthers explain the way that the stars rotate sideways in one hemisphere, but rotate in the opposite direction in the other hemisphere? Phonomenon that is completely explained in a model where the Earth is spherical.
Open to answers.

Celestial Gears
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 11:48:39 AM »
NASA has projected the entire night sky on the dome since the early 1400's
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 01:03:54 PM »
That makes as much sense as most excuses we are given for the rotation of the "Southern Stars" about the South Celestial pole.

?

JCM

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 01:28:31 PM »
That makes as much sense as most excuses we are given for the rotation of the "Southern Stars" about the South Celestial pole.

South Celestial Pole?  How is there a pole in the south when south is all directions?  Where is this pole on the FE map?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 03:03:46 PM »

South Celestial Pole?  How is there a pole in the south when south is all directions?  Where is this pole on the FE map?
How would I know? I live in the Southern Hemisphere on the "Real Earth"? Let these smart Flat-Earthers explain it on their flat earth - if they can.

I can see where this South Celestial Pole is on any clear night just by looking South.
And I can easily see stars like the Southern Cross (Crux) and the Pointers (Rigil Kent (Alpha Centauri) and Hadar (Beta Centauri) on most nights of the year.
These star systems seem to rotate about the South Celestial Pole almost like the hands of a giant clock in the night sky - mind you this "clock" gains about 4 minutes every 24 hours.

But from what I've read people in South America and South Africa see exactly the same thing looking south from where they live.

Flat Earth's Greatest Challenge: Southern Stars Brandon Cooper