Reply to warning

• 28 Replies
?

robintex

• Ranters
Reply to warning
« on: September 22, 2018, 08:24:10 AM »
How do I reply to a warning from "The Flat Earth Society" ?
I tried that as a return address, but it wouldn't go.

Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Reply to warning
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 08:29:57 AM »
Your reply should be to stop doing what you were warned for. Several people in that thread were warned for the same thing.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:18:25 AM »
Your reply should be to stop doing what you were warned for. Several people in that thread were warned for the same thing.

Tell me what exactly what we are doing wrong  and are warned for ? Is it just presenting just true facts and evidence in reply to a lot of this flat earth nonsense ? It's your ballgame. What are your rules ?

Chorus:

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 10:00:49 AM »
What did the warning say?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 10:26:12 AM »
I realize that you have comprehension issues, so I will do this. In the future I will just ban you, without the warning. You're already on thin ice here.

How do you know of these?  Have you visited them?  Taken Pictures?

Didn't you read?

He saw them in a "vision"!

All the evidence a flattard needs!

Trolling.

Here I want to describe few known continents of the infinite earth, etc etc.....

Of course there are many other super landmasses but those are the once that I personally know off

You hang in there, buddy, stick to your medication, you're definitely 'special'

Trolling.

Stop, Stop! You're killing me! Your utterly unverifiable, hysterical delusions are a work of immense comedic value, and you should be more widely advertised. I feel honoured to be one of the few who get to witness your demented ramblings. Keep it up buddy!!

Trolling.

Middle Earth
Barsoom
Fillory
Earthsea

Spam.

Didn't you read?

No, I skim over topics that are irrational in nature.

Trolling/spam.

You know a lot of fancy words for someone who is not even from America LOL In any case you guys within globe matrix think that if a person has a vision he is a lunatic or crazy, yet all your religions are based on testimonies of people that had visions. Explain that to me LOL

Oh boy, you're my new favourite. Fancy words, all in the English dictionary, who would have thought an Englishman might actually use them?
On the other point, I do not have a religion that I would call 'mine', and so this point is moot. Look it up, it is also in the aforementioned dictionary!
Keep it up buddy, but fear not, I will not be listening, it is time for my cocoa, and so to bed. Good night, you silly deranged little sausage.

Trolling.

Flat Earth threads destroy themselves.

Spam.

Here I want to describe few known continents of the infinite earth, etc etc.....

Of course there are many other super landmasses but those are the once that I personally know off

You hang in there, buddy, stick to your medication, you're definitely 'special'

Some of Samuel Birley Rowbotham's (AKA Dr. S. Golden,  MD, PhD ? ) magic elixir ?

Trolling/ spam. Hey this is the one you were warned for!

Then you made several posts in the thread whining about getting a warning. Those are spam! Should I ban you for it, or should I give you one more chance?

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 10:37:16 AM »

Tell me what exactly what we are doing wrong  and are warned for ? Is it just presenting just true facts and evidence in reply to a lot of this flat earth nonsense ? It's your ballgame. What are your rules ?

Here are the rules https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=43826.0

And just in case you still don't realize that I am letting you off the hook, I will list the rules you have broken today.

5. Flaming and Harassment
Do not use insulting or denigrating personal attacks against other members. Harassment or bullying of other members is forbidden.

7. Troublemaking
Do not post or behave in a manner obviously intended to start a fight, get a reaction, or cause problems (e.g. making facetious complaints, adjusting/creating a profile so as to impersonate other members, etc.).

8. Low-content Posting/Derailment
Do not make spammy, non-contributive or low-quality posts, or derail threads by deliberately dragging discussion away from the original topic.

10. Disputing Moderation and Memberating
Do not attempt to dispute (or interfere with) moderation anywhere other than Suggestions & Concerns. Any concerns or problems you have with moderation should be taken there. Moderating other members (aka 'memberating') is also forbidden.

I just split off all the posts you made disputing moderation and moved them to Angry Ranting. Next time control yourself.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »

Here are the rules https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=43826.0

And just in case you still don't realize that I am letting you off the hook, I will list the rules you have broken today.

5. Flaming and Harassment
Do not use insulting or denigrating personal attacks against other members. Harassment or bullying of other members is forbidden.

7. Troublemaking
Do not post or behave in a manner obviously intended to start a fight, get a reaction, or cause problems (e.g. making facetious complaints, adjusting/creating a profile so as to impersonate other members, etc.).

8. Low-content Posting/Derailment
Do not make spammy, non-contributive or low-quality posts, or derail threads by deliberately dragging discussion away from the original topic.

10. Disputing Moderation and Memberating
Do not attempt to dispute (or interfere with) moderation anywhere other than Suggestions & Concerns. Any concerns or problems you have with moderation should be taken there. Moderating other members (aka 'memberating') is also forbidden.

I just split off all the posts you made disputing moderation and moved them to Angry Ranting. Next time control yourself.

Don't you agree that both FE's and RE's are equally guilty of all of the above ?

Chorus:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »
At times, when they are they get warned. They don't usually make a big deal of it, though.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 05:28:29 PM »
Why is it so hard just to take ownership? Is "Someone else did something wrong, too" really an excuse?

Did you receive a warning for a rule (or rules) you broke? If so, said warning was warranted. Saying other people break rules is really not relevant. And no one is obligated to report to the entire forum how each and every other member's rule-breaking is handled. If you break a rule, you are opening yourself up to getting a warning or a ban. That's just how it works, and it's not exactly rocket science

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 06:28:15 PM »
but . . . . .

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 07:57:37 PM »
You can't expect someone to take another person seriously when they make a claim that other continents exists and that they were seen in a vision.  No evidence, just a vision of them.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 08:30:41 PM »
No one is forcing anyone to click on the post button. There rules are posted. If someone clicks post and their words break a rule, they are exposing themselves to the possibility of receiving a warning or a ban.

Also, there is a "Report" button people can use instead of making troll/attack posts.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 11:27:35 PM »
No one is forcing anyone to click on the post button. There rules are posted. If someone clicks post and their words break a rule, they are exposing themselves to the possibility of receiving a warning or a ban.

Also, there is a "Report" button people can use instead of making troll/attack posts.

I find that the circumstance would have fallen on death ears as the topic still remains in the same forum.  And clearly an admin has visited the topic.

The OP made a completely irrational claim.  There is nothing scientific about his claim, there is no rational counter to his claim as the claim cannot be taken seriously. As bullwinkle stated in the actual thread, we aren't expected to take it seriously.  So if we aren't expected to take a post about visions of other continents seriously, how can you expect that the reply to the OP to be serious.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:40:50 PM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 11:48:58 PM »
As bullwinkle stated in the actual thread, we aren't expected to take it seriously.  So if we aren't expected to take a post about visions of other continents seriously, how can you expect that the reply to the OP to be serious.

You totally missed my point.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 12:06:46 AM »
As bullwinkle stated in the actual thread, we aren't expected to take it seriously.  So if we aren't expected to take a post about visions of other continents seriously, how can you expect that the reply to the OP to be serious.

I didn't miss your point. Acceptable response vs not acceptable.

I disagree with the classification of the comments as trolling and spam.  Considering the context of the OP, the responses are what I believe to be within reason.  You can't expect a serious response to an OP that is in and of itself irrational. 

Additionally if claims of visions are acceptable discussion and deserve serious "acceptable" responses, then there should be no issue posting a vision that "The Earth is half a Bagel" and it remaining in FE General.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:11:58 AM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 12:15:56 AM »

I didn't miss your point.

Considering the context of the OP, the responses are what I believe to be within reason.

What you think is irrelevant.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 12:21:42 AM »

Considering the context of the OP, the responses are what I believe to be within reason.

I didn't miss your point.  And yes I'm aware that my opinion doesn't matter, that doesn't mean I can't state my opinion.
Rabinoz RIP

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 12:40:35 AM »

I didn't miss your point.  And yes I'm aware that my opinion doesn't matter, that doesn't mean I can't state my opinion.

Feel free to share your opinions in S&C.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 06:26:05 AM »

Feel free to share your opinions in S&C.

Last I checked this was S&C.
Rabinoz RIP

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »
Okay, I just read the new responses you've made in the thread since the warnings happened.

You are not required to give credence to anyone's ideas. You can totally skip someone's thread if you don't have anything but insults to add. You can start a new thread in AR if you need to rant about a person or topic. If you feel the need to reply to someone you disagree with, find a way to do so without breaking the forum rules. We're pretty relaxed about the rules here, but the insults and trolling get out of hand. I'm not sure why you think we're supposed to allow you to turn the upper forums into flamefests, but that is not something we're going to do.

This forum is for people who have ideas you obviously find ridiculous. If you don't appreciate that, then this isn't the forum for you.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 07:50:10 AM »
Okay, I just read the new responses you've made in the thread since the warnings happened.

You are not required to give credence to anyone's ideas. You can totally skip someone's thread if you don't have anything but insults to add. You can start a new thread in AR if you need to rant about a person or topic. If you feel the need to reply to someone you disagree with, find a way to do so without breaking the forum rules. We're pretty relaxed about the rules here, but the insults and trolling get out of hand. I'm not sure why you think we're supposed to allow you to turn the upper forums into flamefests, but that is not something we're going to do.

This forum is for people who have ideas you obviously find ridiculous. If you don't appreciate that, then this isn't the forum for you.

There is a difference between ideas that I disagree with that can be debated using the scientific method and topics that are just completely irrational. 
Rabinoz RIP

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 08:52:39 AM »
It doesn't matter what you think about the topic, it matters that you try to post without breaking the rules. If you find a topic completely irrational, then skip it.  Why is this so hard to understand?  There have been many thousands of posts on this forum that I disagree with or find irrational! I know that now and then I have broken the rules, I've attacked the poster and not the post, but I try not to do that outside of AR. Over the years I learned to appreciate those brave enough to put their ideas out there. People with alternative ideas are welcome here.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 09:04:51 AM »
It doesn't matter what you think about the topic, it matters that you try to post without breaking the rules. If you find a topic completely irrational, then skip it.  Why is this so hard to understand?  There have been many thousands of posts on this forum that I disagree with or find irrational! I know that now and then I have broken the rules, I've attacked the poster and not the post, but I try not to do that outside of AR. Over the years I learned to appreciate those brave enough to put their ideas out there. People with alternative ideas are welcome here.

I don't have to skip it.  Stop using this as a reason for your argument.

My post didn't attack the poster, the original post itself is irrational.  It wouldn't matter who posted it, it would still be irrational.  It has nothing to do with the poster, but the content claimed within.

Your inference that I don't appreciate alternate ideas is complete BS.  I am more than willing to listen to others arguments.  I'm also willing to tell the person that their argument is irrational when it is.  Supporting irrational arguments or ignoring them does nothing but promote irrational thinking.

As this is a Flat Earth Society and the point is to discuss Flat Earth Theories, the basic premise of such would infer that the discussions should be rational in nature as to prove that FET is correct and RE/GE is false.   Discussions should Provide thought and discussion to show the earth is flat or discuss possible flat earth theories and potentials.  Claims of visions to determine the nature of the flat earth is not scientific or even a remotely valid premise for discussing flat earth theory.  While I don't agree with FET, if this site and its purpose is to be serious, discussions of visions does nothing but hurt FET.  You might as well post topics about unicorn farms.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:24:56 AM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 09:16:53 AM »

I don't have to skip it.

But by not skipping it, and choosing to post, you are agreeing to follow the rules of the forum. And if you break those rules, it should come as no surprise when you receive a warning or ban.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 09:29:17 AM »

I don't have to skip it.

But by not skipping it, and choosing to post, you are agreeing to follow the rules of the forum. And if you break those rules, it should come as no surprise when you receive a warning or ban.

Yes, and I disagree with my post being called spam and trolling.  It's not.
Rabinoz RIP

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2018, 09:48:17 AM »

Didn't you read?

Here it is again, for reference. It's spam. I don't think that's really controversial. You are directly stating that you aren't willing to advance the conversation in a meaningful way. That's a great time to just... not click post. And if you do click post, you should be able to understand that there's a chance you'll get a warning.

Will you get away with posts like that sometimes? Almost definitely. But eventually, when it gets noticed and you get warned, it shouldn't really be a surprise. And it shouldn't deserve this level of scrutiny. It was a spammy post, it got called out as such while several other posters were also warned for derailing the same thread.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2018, 10:00:27 AM »

Didn't you read?

Here it is again, for reference. It's spam. I don't think that's really controversial. You are directly stating that you aren't willing to advance the conversation in a meaningful way. That's a great time to just... not click post. And if you do click post, you should be able to understand that there's a chance you'll get a warning.

Will you get away with posts like that sometimes? Almost definitely. But eventually, when it gets noticed and you get warned, it shouldn't really be a surprise. And it shouldn't deserve this level of scrutiny. It was a spammy post, it got called out as such while several other posters were also warned for derailing the same thread.

Saying that I didn't read the entire post and only skimmed through it because I found it irrational doesn't make it spammy.  Additionally it does add to the conversation by providing thought on the irrationality of it.

I'm expressing my point of view.  And I disagree with your assertion.  It doesn't really matter at this point, does it.  You want to call it spammy, ok but I don't see it as spammy.

How do you derail irrational discussion?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:07:16 AM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 08:19:32 PM »

Didn't you read?

Saying that I didn't read the entire post and only skimmed through it because I found it irrational doesn't make it spammy.  Additionally it does add to the conversation by providing thought on the irrationality of it.

I'm expressing my point of view.  And I disagree with your assertion.  It doesn't really matter at this point, does it.  You want to call it spammy, ok but I don't see it as spammy.

How do you derail irrational discussion?

I know this in the FES and of course you have your own rules. But is it against the rules if you don't take "flat earth" or anyyhing about it seriously and you would get a warning for spamming  or a ban if you do say you don't take "flat earth" or any thing about it seriously ?

Chorus:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 08:09:55 AM »
I provided a link to the rules earlier in the thread. Read them again.