Please disprove this conclusive evidence of a round earth.

• 64 Replies
« on: January 10, 2007, 11:18:01 AM »
http://www.scaled.com/projects/tierone/index.htm

Disprove this. I dare you to try.

Re: Please disprove this conclusive evidence of a round eart
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 11:21:04 AM »
Quote from: "Alteru"
http://www.scaled.com/projects/tierone/index.htm

Disprove this. I dare you to try.

They claimed conspiracy on this one. The dumbasses are so retarded it's not even funny.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 11:21:44 AM »
How? They have a fucking video of the launch!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 11:22:11 AM »
Scaled Composites is a government contractror.  Need I say more?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 11:23:10 AM »
I assure you in entire honesty that I have never seen those vehicles enter space, and I doubt you have either.

~D-Draw

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:23:50 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

Yes.
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 11:24:06 AM »
For the billionth time, your entire theory rests on that retarded conspiracy. Without it you don't have anything.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 11:24:35 AM »
Space Ship One is a fabrication by the government in response to lingering doubts of its space program. The idea was to show that "any joe" could reach space. In reality the "Space Ship" is nothing more than a high altitude aeroplane like the Space Shuttle.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 11:25:01 AM »
Quote from: "dantheman40k"

Yes.

It would be just like saying, "Look at this video provided by NASA!!"

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »

A lot more, penguinface, if your expecting people to belive your retarded theory.
FE Pwnage Archive

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 11:26:52 AM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
Space Ship One is a fabrication by the government in response to lingering doubts of its space program. The idea was to show that "any joe" could reach space. In reality the "Space Ship" is nothing more than a high altitude aeroplane like the Space Shuttle.

WTF you gay FE people. If you're going to make crazy and wrong theories, then at least spell correctly! AEROPLANE = NOTHING
AIRPLANE = THINGY YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 11:27:14 AM »
I already brought up Bert Rutan and they just dismiss it like everything else.  Scaled Composites was created in 1982 by guess who?? Mr. Rutan himself!  But they will ignore that too.
ts no accident Kennedy Space Center is where it is, and always remember you're walking on the 2nd floor when you're at Disney World.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 11:28:52 AM »
Quote from: "Kwaun Se"

WTF you gay FE people. If you're going to make crazy and wrong theories, then at least spell correctly! AEROPLANE = NOTHING

Aeroplane is actually the original and proper word. "Airplane" is improper hoodlum slang.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 11:28:59 AM »
It's a government contractror!  You for some reason keep ignoring THAT fact.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 11:29:39 AM »

BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER. THAT'S BECAUSE THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY DUMBASS.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 11:30:35 AM »
For the billionth time, your entire theory rests on that retarded conspiracy. Without it you don't have anything.

Rather, the conspiracy hypothesis rests on the entire theory.
the cake is a lie

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 11:30:42 AM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"
I assure you in entire honesty that I have never seen those vehicles enter space, and I doubt you have either.

~D-Draw

http://www.scaled.com/projects/tierone/video/X-Prize-flight-2.wmv

?

FE

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 11:31:43 AM »

Oh, and Flat Earthers never avoid facts do they?

The whole concept of FE relies on hypocrisy.

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 11:32:21 AM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"

Rather, the conspiracy hypothesis rests on the entire theory.

No, because the Earth was in fact, PROVEN to be round when we took the first photographs of it from space. The only reason that you can have this society is because you claim the conspiracy has faked this, which it did not. For a FACT.

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 11:33:35 AM »

And?
FE Pwnage Archive

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 11:33:49 AM »

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 11:44:39 AM »
Oh dear, it seems the FEers have run off crying bcause we have shook them out of their little dreamworld.
FE Pwnage Archive

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
I can attest that Scaled Composites is a government contractor. It takes only a simple Google search to find this information out for yourselves.

There is plenty of experimentation and photographic evidence behind FE. Simply open your eyes. Stop following those so called academics like dogs to the whistle

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 11:57:26 AM »
Unlike RE'ers, I can back up claims I make.

Straight from the horse's mouth:
The ARES, Scaled Model 151, was designed initially in response to a U.S. Army request for a Low Cost Battlefield Attack Aircraft (LCBAA). A design study was performed by Rutan Aircraft Factory in 1981 for such an aircraft. The original LCBAA design was for a pusher turboprop aircraft, of generally the same aerodynamic configuration you see here. It also was designed around a 30mm chain gun. Its mission goals were low-altitude, close air support, with long endurance, and with adequate field performance to operate from roads. Its structure and systems were simple enough to be maintained and repaired in the field.

Scaled followed up with the concept, and ultimately decided to build a demonstrator aircraft with internal funds. By the time construction started in 1986, the design had evolved to the current configuration: a single Pratt and Whitney Canada JT15D-5 turbofan engine (same as in the Beechjet / T-1A Jayhawk), and a GAU-12/U 25mm gatling gun.

The ARES first flew on February 19, 1990, with Scaled test pilot Doug Shane at the controls. Since that first flight, the ARES has flown more than 250 hours, and demonstrated all of its design performance and handling qualities goals, including departure-free handling at full aft stick. During November of 1991, under a contract from the U.S. Air Force, initial ground and flight (air-air and air-ground) tests of the GAU-12/U gun system installed in ARES were performed, with outstanding results.

In 1989 Scaled Composites was approached by the Northrop Corporation for the structural design and fabrication of a Radar Cross Section (RCS) model of the B-2 aircraft. There was considerable concern over making a large enough RCS model to ensure accurate full scale fidelity while trying to remain within the weight and gust load limits of the measuring facility. A 4/10 scale model (with a resulting wingspan of about 70 ft) was believed to be the optimum size for accurate measurement. The model would have to be disassembled into sections for crating and shipment from the fabrication facility to the test site, and would have to be easily reassembled on site while maintaining the step and gap tolerances required for testing. The model would also require representative engine inlets and outlets and top and bottom rotator assemblies.

Scaled also designed, developed, and tested all Raptor flight controls, including autopilot, autonomous navigation, and emergency recovery systems.

The first flight of the Raptor occurred April 27, 1993, just ten months after contract award. Funds expended at this point were only about $800,000. During its flight tests, the Raptor verified its low-altitude performance, structural integrity, and control system operations.

In 1995, the Raptor program was transferred to NASA under the Environmental Research Aircraft and Sensor Technology program as a flying testbed for technologies applicable to future high altitude UAVs (www.erast.com).

In 1991 Scaled Composites was selected by McDonnell Douglas Aerospace for the SDIO Single Stage to Orbit demonstrator program. MDA proposed a lightweight 1/3 scale proof of concept (POC) demonstrator vehicle to validate the rocket powered vertical take off and landing concept.
Scaled was tasked with building the structural aeroshell and aerodynamic control surfaces. The DC-X aeroshell has a height of 62 feet and a maximum width of 15 feet at the base. Four large hydraulically-actuated flap sections are incorporated into the aeroshell for aerodynamic control during reentry and landing. A removable nose cone houses the emergency parachute recovery system. Also incorporated into the aeroshell was a "finger ring" used to restrain and stabilize the fuel tanks during temperature induced expansion and contraction cycles. The retractable landing gear are mounted to the aeroshell structure and all landing gear loads are reacted through the aeroshell. This structural philosophy would benefit the overall vehicle both in weight and complexity. Scaled employed low cost tooling methods for fabrication of the DC-X structure. A 1/4 fuselage section male plug was fabricated from the loft lines supplied by MDA. A single female tool was fabricated from the male plug, and the four graphite/epoxy sandwich panel sections were fabricated in the female tool. The sections were installed in an assembly fixture and bonded together using in-place graphite/epoxy laminates. The landing gear receptacles, flap mechanisms and servos were then added. The materials and structural design of the sandwich panel proved to be capable of maintaining structural integrity under the extreme conditions of the operating environment.

Last fall under a competitive procurement program among jet engine companies, NASA selected Williams International to join NASA in a $100 million cooperative effort...Williams also revealed today it contracted with Burt Rutan's Scaled Composites organization to start with the Williams preliminary design, to conduct the V-JET II" detailed design and analysis, and to manufacture the prototype "V-JET II" (that will fly in to the Oshkosh show).

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 12:21:51 PM »
Thank you.

Now that you have shattered all doubt that Scaled Composites is a government contractor, perhaps you could explain something to me.

Firstly, according to the FAQ, the only division of the US government that needs to know is NASA and Public Relations people. So why on earth would it matter that they were affiliated with the military?

Secondly.

Don't you think that the government (the same one that is capable of fabricating the entire US space program) would be smart enough to avoid connecting itself with a company who has publicly and openly talked about it's government connections?

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 12:37:49 PM »

Aeroplane is actually the original and proper word. "Airplane" is improper hoodlum slang.

The word airplane was derived from aeroplane and recognized as a word in 1907 in Britain due to reaction to powered flight achieved by the Wright Brothers. The word aeroplane is from the French aéro(air) and the Greek  -planos(wandering) and was used to describe surfaces such as the protective shell casings of beetles' wings before the inception of the modern aircraft.

The word aeroplane is recognized in all dictionaries as a chiefly British term, and American English dictionaries redirect to "airplane."

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 01:55:49 PM »
Does the non-response mean that you submit to my argument?

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 02:00:04 PM »
Quote from: "Alteru"
Does the non-response mean that you submit to my argument?

Hey, guess what?  Flat Earthers have -gasp- LIVES!

?

FE

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 02:00:13 PM »
Not true. The word is "aeroplane" in Commonwealth countries. English dictionaries do not revert to the spelling airplane necessarily.

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »
Quote from: "FE"
Not true. The word is "aeroplane" in Commonwealth countries. English dictionaries do not revert to the spelling airplane necessarily.

No, but like I said, American English ones do.