Proof for a flat earth is all around us

• 112 Replies
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 08:23:11 PM »
none of you flat earth tools have explained why something going towards the horizon appears to sink...

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 11:34:34 PM »
Quote from: "siggy"
none of you flat earth tools have explained why something going towards the horizon appears to sink...

They usually mention some bizarre atmospheric effect that bends the light.

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 02:06:05 AM »
OK from what I have seen here, the FES main evidence stems from when they look out the window the Earth looks flat. having read through everything, they have stated on numerous occasions that all evidence to the contrary is part of a giant government conspiracy. I hate to break it to You Guys, but no government is that organized. If they were, how many scandals would have come out of the Bush White House?

Past that, I have actually seen no real Evidence for A flat Earth appear anywhere on these Forums. If it has, feel free to say so. Also, for the record, while The Ancient Greeks And Romans did indeed know that the Earth was spherical, A few illiterate Chinese Peasants did Believe the Earth was Flat.

Finally, I think this is a New point, If the Earth is Flat, How do you explain the timezones. If the Earth was Flat, or a bowl shape, wouldn't it be day and night everywhere at once?
'm Fairly certain You're breaking some kind of stupidity limit.

?

timothy1murray1

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 05:31:53 PM »
Quote from: "siggy"

someone here said something about stacking waves, or mabey it was a diffrent thread.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2006, 12:58:37 AM »
Quote from: "flyingspaghettimonster"
OK from what I have seen here, the FES main evidence stems from when they look out the window the Earth looks flat. having read through everything, they have stated on numerous occasions that all evidence to the contrary is part of a giant government conspiracy. I hate to break it to You Guys, but no government is that organized. If they were, how many scandals would have come out of the Bush White House?

Unless the government is pretending to be unorganised.

?

kurk

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »
your arguements are flawed, you choose to ignore the facts, and your attitude is silly. Every time somebody comes up with a calm rational answer to your beliefs, you either completly ignore it, or make up some childish excuse to the contrary.

The Earth is Round
1. You use the arguement that shouldnt people in Australia fall off the bottem of the earth? By that logic, the universe itself would have to be flat, or at least controled by some other massive object that would produce enough gravity for us to fall down to. Let me explain.
Things fall to the ground because the force of gravity produced by the earth pulls you down. So your arguement that why dont people fall off the earth realy does not make sence. People dont fall off the earth becuase there is no "down" to speak of. The earth is the largest body of gravity to us, to we "fall down" to that.

2. You honestly believe there is a massive wall of ice surrounding the worlds oceans? Why havnt we seen it?, where is it? how can people circumnavigate the glabe without running into it? Has the government killed everybody whose seen the wall? What countries does the wall seperate?

3. "why dont we, if the earth is rotating at 190km(or somthing) p/h, fly back a hunded meters when we jump?". I asked this question when i was 5, i understodd the answer when i was 5. Although the earth is roating at Xkm p/h, we are also traveling at Xkm p/h. It would be impossible for us to stay in the air long enough for us to sufficiently slow down enough to see any slight change in our position.

?

Space Cowboy

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2006, 04:25:51 PM »
You know, at first I thought this was a joke, but I can't believe you guys are serious about a flat earth. I have one question to ask the flat earthers, are you mormon? Because that would explain a lot.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2006, 05:18:20 PM »
TO answer that let's repeat something THEY BELIEVE THE EARTH TO BE FLAT.
Nuff said
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

Devotion

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2006, 11:17:47 PM »
1- You're insulting Einstein. cause he thought the world was round.
2- Explain how we have 2 poles if the earth is flat.
2a- and dont say it looks like this.

___(Earth)______
N------------------ S
||------------------||
||------------------||
||----(Magnet)---||
\\------------------//
-\\----------------//-
--\\_________//--

3- the creationist theory was made by the same people who made the bible and the flat earth theory. they banned creationism in public schools.

?

ADI82

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2006, 11:37:01 PM »
LOL. Devotion just gave me this site to look at.

I guess my first thought is... you people are crazy :p

But ok, just to reason with you.
The earth is flat. The sun is rotating around it. If the earth is flat, there cannot be a center of gravity, so why dont we fall off the earth? As there is nothing holding us on. Its like when you fill a bucket with water, and flip the bucket real fast. The water doesnt fall out. Because the center of gravity pulls it in. Same idea with us. So unless you can deny gravity... it would be kind of like placing a marble on a board and tipping it around, the marble would just roll off.

As well, I liked whoever posted the GPS idea. That one CAN be proved, as GPS doesnt lie about positions. As well, the satelite photos. Unless your saying the governments are conpiring. I remember a group a while back that believed man has never been into space. And that all the rocket launches etc where fake. Well, the people who witnessed those launches in Texas said otherwise.

As well, The whole atmospheric fogging. I guess youve never been to the ocean? Or a large body of water, on a clear day. I saw this twice, once at the pacific ocean and once at the great lakes in Canada. You can visibly see the earth curve. Now... You claim our eyes are playing tricks, thats a fair enough argument, But you also claim you have to observe with your eyes. Im not sure how thats possible... I think you contradicted yourself.

Now... the stars and sun are closer than they appear. How is it I can grab my telescope, magnify things so many times, and still only see a grey haze where the star is. If they where closer, I would be able to see them.

The sun is closer.... I could buy that by just using my eyes. Except the waves they send to space. Im not sure what they are, radio, infrared, something like that. Im no scientist. But from that, they can gain the distance.  And from the distance, they can calculate the heat. Now... thats a lie possible? Dolphins, Bats, and many other critters use the same type of system(Different waves maybe, but same idea) to see in the dark, see in water, and many other tasks. Unless the government is lying about that to. And dolphins are all blind.

Now, as I said, im no scientists.
Im still a young guy. With very little formal education.
However, even I can see reasoning. Sometimes you just gotta use your brian. If youve ever been in an airplane, esspecialy long distances, all you see is earth. There is no side.

If you kept walking, in one direction, you wouldnt fall off. Perhaps you can explain why.

But if you cant, or dodge the question etc, then perhaps you need to step outside your own home for a few hours. Go be with some sane people. Read the news or something. I can guarentee you the newspaper isnt all a big government consiracy, because ive been at events that have been placed in the newspaper.

-ADI

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 01:48:50 PM »
Ah ADI82, I can tell you're gonna be my new favorite whipping boy now that bullhorn's sweeping illogic is gone.

The earth is flat. The sun is rotating around it. If the earth is flat, there cannot be a center of gravity, so why dont we fall off the earth? As there is nothing holding us on. Its like when you fill a bucket with water, and flip the bucket real fast. The water doesnt fall out. Because the center of gravity pulls it in. Same idea with us. So unless you can deny gravity... it would be kind of like placing a marble on a board and tipping it around, the marble would just roll off.

I already dealt with that here: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1320

As well, I liked whoever posted the GPS idea. That one CAN be proved, as GPS doesnt lie about positions. As well, the satelite photos. Unless your saying the governments are conpiring. I remember a group a while back that believed man has never been into space. And that all the rocket launches etc where fake. Well, the people who witnessed those launches in Texas said otherwise.

Actually that's exaclty what they say: there's a giant conspiracy.  Furthermore, the fact that you find no evidence of a conspiracy is merely proof of how elaborate the conspiracy is, and how well kept the secret is.

As well, The whole atmospheric fogging. I guess youve never been to the ocean? Or a large body of water, on a clear day. I saw this twice, once at the pacific ocean and once at the great lakes in Canada. You can visibly see the earth curve. Now... You claim our eyes are playing tricks, thats a fair enough argument, But you also claim you have to observe with your eyes. Im not sure how thats possible... I think you contradicted yourself.

That's not exaclty what they say.  They saw you have to observe things yourself (not necessarily "observe" in the sense of "seeing" but to prove things yourself).  The contradiction occurs when they say "The earth isn't curved when you see it's curved, that's an optical illusion", then go on to say "The earth is flat, look out the window (presumbaly they all live on prairies), you can see that it's flat."

Now... the stars and sun are closer than they appear. How is it I can grab my telescope, magnify things so many times, and still only see a grey haze where the star is. If they where closer, I would be able to see them.

Not if, oh say, the government were lying to you about the magnification of the telescope.  You know, like they claim.

The sun is closer.... I could buy that by just using my eyes. Except the waves they send to space. Im not sure what they are, radio, infrared, something like that. Im no scientist. But from that, they can gain the distance. And from the distance, they can calculate the heat. Now... thats a lie possible? Dolphins, Bats, and many other critters use the same type of system(Different waves maybe, but same idea) to see in the dark, see in water, and many other tasks. Unless the government is lying about that to. And dolphins are all blind.

Oh my God!  It's almost like they believe the government is conspiring to make them think the earth is flat!  How do you even manage to liken the sound waves animals use to "see" to electromagnetic waves the government presumably uses?  Also, how do you justify the illogical leap you make stating that if the government lies about sending electromagnetic waves into space, then dolphins are blind?  That's just stupid.

Now, as I said, im no scientists.

Clearly.  You're also no scientist.

Im still a young guy. With very little formal education.

Stating this was fairly redundant.

However, even I can see reasoning. Sometimes you just gotta use your brian.

Please start doing so in the near future.

If youve ever been in an airplane, esspecialy long distances, all you see is earth. There is no side.

Again, it's almost like the government is lying to you about flight paths.  FEers also have some sort of explanation in which when you think you're going straight, you're actually going in a circle around the disk.

If you kept walking, in one direction, you wouldnt fall off. Perhaps you can explain why.

Have you ever done this? Do you know anyone who has?  No?  Shut up then.

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 02:05:31 PM »
FEism has never explained solar and lunar eclipses.

FEism has never explained the tides being relative to the moon's placement.

FEism has never explained the change of attraction to the earth at different altitudes (and don't give me the crap about the sun attracting us to it, because that would mean gravity exists, therefor (the earth having a enormous mass), the earth is a sphere).

FEism has NEVER EVER explained the ships gradually sailing underneath the horizon line.

Are you trying to tell me that the whole time humans have walked this planet, nobody ever went to this so called "ice wall" ?

How come I can't see further than the horizon line with a telescope if the earth is flat ?

Why the hell would the government hide the fact that the earth is flat ? How does it benefit them ?

Don't say that round-earthers are the ones clinging desperatly onto there theory, because obviously, we are not the minority, we have more proof and we use our brain when we think.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 02:14:58 PM »
Those are all good points Sharky, of course, they'll all be ignored to death...but nice job bringing them up in one place.

My only problem with that is this one:
FEism has never explained the change of attraction to the earth at different altitudes (and don't give me the crap about the sun attracting us to it, because that would mean gravity exists, therefor (the earth having a enormous mass), the earth is a sphere).

The model cheesejoff (I'm fairly sure it was him, if not, I apologize) proposed, in which there is a large mass over the earth exerting a countering gravitational pull, did explain that one fairly well.  (I'm paraphrasing the explanation because I can't find the thread where it was originally posted, if anyone knows it, please post a link.)

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 02:53:53 PM »
If i keep going west i will eventually end where i started, explain it!

Go!

Can't? yeah i know

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 05:13:21 PM »
Quote from: "EtidBtbam"
If i keep going west i will eventually end where i started, explain it!

Go!

West = clockwise.

Can't? yeah i know

Whoa!  Slam dunk!  Rock n' Roll!  Yeah, you totally kicked the flat-Earth theory's ass.  Good plan, hitting it in the most obvious place ever... why did none of the round-Earthers on this forum think of that one?

Man, I love it when people come to the forum with their "unanswerable question", which they proceed to ask (with gusto!):

explain it!

declare unanswerable:

Can't?

and then proudly pat themselves on the back for be so friggin' clever:

yeah i know

Keep smiling on your way out.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 07:13:41 PM »
Quote from: "landstander"
Oh yeah, and "scienctific proof" is NOT BASED ON OBSERVATIONS.

:shock: AHHHH!!!!! This made me cry. Do you know anything about science at all!!!! When you went to school did you learn the scientific method?!?!? The scientific method is covered in just about every science class you take up through high school. Anyway, Science is based COMPETELY on observation. The whole point of science is to make a logical explanation of the natural world that agrees with observation.

Excuse me, I really need to yell.
 :x AHHHHHH!

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2006, 05:26:07 AM »
Quote from: "6strings"

The model cheesejoff (I'm fairly sure it was him, if not, I apologize) proposed, in which there is a large mass over the earth exerting a countering gravitational pull, did explain that one fairly well.  (I'm paraphrasing the explanation because I can't find the thread where it was originally posted, if anyone knows it, please post a link.)

Yup, that's basically what I suggested. Of course we still to work out what shape the mass is in order to counter the FE gravity...

Re: Proof for a flat earth is all around us
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2006, 08:00:24 AM »
Quote from: "Believe"
No matter what we throw at them, the round-earthers change what the say just to hang on to the dying belief that the earth is a three-dimensional circle.

Dying belief?!
Believe me, 9.9/10 of the peopel in the world believe it is round.
So how can you say dying belief?
arth=flat
Got that?
yeah right......

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2006, 08:05:35 AM »
Quote from: "cheesejoff"

Yup, that's basically what I suggested. Of course we still to work out what shape the mass is in order to counter the FE gravity...

That would still be basing on the fact that gravity exists... So if gravity exists, how come the earth (having alot of mass) hasn't pulled everything to the center, making a sphere?

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2006, 08:36:39 AM »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "cheesejoff"

That would still be basing on the fact that gravity exists... So if gravity exists, how come the earth (having alot of mass) hasn't pulled everything to the center, making a sphere?

There is another mass pulling the Earth back into a disc shape again.

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2006, 09:54:45 AM »
Then your mass is acting upon the earth in a strange way...

I also find it ironic that the topic's title is "proof for a flat-earth all around us" and the topic creator doesn't even give a shred of proof for a flat-earth, not even ask for some.
Instead he asks us to prove the earth is round.

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2006, 10:01:10 AM »
Believe wrote:
No matter what we throw at them, the round-earthers change what the say just to hang on to the dying belief that the earth is a three-dimensional circle.

WRONG

the only way you can get a 3-dimensional object is by computer the earth is 2.5D, also 9.9 people out of 10 belive the earth is round I wouldnt call that a dying belief would YOU
OOYASHAKA!

Re: Proof for a flat earth is all around us
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2006, 11:32:32 AM »
Quote from: "Believe"
If you can show me just one, ONLY ONE example showing the round-earth model explaining something the obviously correct flat-earth model can't, I will renounce the flat-earth model and embrace the round-earth model. Good luck.

The south celestial pole.  Find someone who you trust to go take a long exposure picture of the south sky somewhere south of the equator.  If you live south of the equator, do it yourself, or take a vacation and bring your camera.
nd that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2006, 01:08:58 PM »
Quote from: "Sharky"

Hasn't had enough time.  Or, the structural integrity of the Earth is enough to withstand collapse under its own gravity (like the way not all bridges immediately collapse to the ground under their own weight).  Eventually, the Earth probably will collapse, unless God does something to stop it.

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2006, 08:12:35 AM »
Or the earth is already a sphere >_>

By the way, what is the earth's age in FEism ?

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Quote from: "caretgraff"
Orbital Spaceflight, the south pole, circumnavigations by ships and airplanes are three things that prove a spherical earth.  A spherical earth also allows for sattelites of all kinds, which provide for communications, and imagry of the earth. A spherical Earth is the only possible explaination for accurate GPS systems to work.  As that is more than the just one example of something that a spherical earth can explain that the originator of the thread required, he should abandon his horribly ignorant view point and accept science for what it is-- science

You're really not helping the round Earth view with this, especially the "only possible explanation" bit.  Have you even tried coming up with alternate explanations?

-Erasmus

when facts are present, alternate explanations are not.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2006, 06:18:35 PM »
Quote from: "zanzobar"
*bump* when facts are present, alternate explanations are not.

This is patently false.  There are myriad known facts in all fields of science, and yet there are many contrary explanations of the phenomena surrounding these facts.  The best example (off the top of my head) is cognitive neuroscience: the data scientists get is not really disputable -- it's just voltage levels and oxygen levels and wirings and what not -- but the underlying mechanisms that allow, for instance, to comprehend speech are basically totally unknown.  Scientists just suggest alternate explanation after alternate explanation -- in spite of the vast array of facts.

-Erasmus

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2006, 06:29:08 PM »
what is the closest land mass to the ice wall, and what is that distance?  what coast do i set sail from and how far "rimward" would one have to go.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2006, 06:57:31 PM »
I'd guess the best place to set sail from is South America, and go due south, but this is without looking at a map.  Of course, this would only get you caught by government agents (or worse, ostriches disguised as government agents), and even if it doesn't the only proof you'll be able to bring back will be photos, which are staunchly denied as proof here.  Of course, if you're going simply to prove to yourself that there is no ice wall and that the eaerth is indeed round, because this site has rocked your faith so, and you can't without seeing this for yourself, know that the earth is round, then you're a fool, but I wish you best of luck.

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2006, 07:56:46 PM »
Quote from: "zanzobar"
what is the closest land mass to the ice wall, and what is that distance?  what coast do i set sail from and how far "rimward" would one have to go.

Travel southward from the tip of South America, Africa, or from the bottom edge of Australia. You'll reach a vast wasteland of ice, which you can walk across for a long, long time and never find anything or anyone. The ice wall is very vast. Good luck finding the edge. (Note: Before someone else mentions my contradiction of the usual FE statements, I do not believe the standard ice wall conspiracy theory.)

--Chal