Ireland and Cocaine

• 12 Replies

midgard

Ireland and Cocaine
« on: January 10, 2007, 04:13:38 AM »
This was on the news last night...

An ongoing research project into the detection of illicit drug use has shown that of a sample of bank notes in current circulation in the greater Dublin area - €5, €10, €20 and €50 denominations - 100% of them showed contamination with cocaine.

62% of notes were contaminated with levels of cocaine at concentrations greater than 2 nanograms/note, with 5% of the notes showing levels greater than 100 times higher, indicating suspected direct use of the note in either drug dealing or drug inhalation. The highest amounts of cocaine residues were found on €20 and €50 bank notes, as compared to €5 and €10. The remainder of the notes which showed only ultra-trace quantities of cocaine was most probably the result of contact with other contaminated notes, which could have occurred within bank counting machines or from other contaminated surfaces.

Of course the study was conducted by the Dublin City University so I'm thinking if they got their sample of notes from students this could explain the high results.

Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 11:56:35 AM »
Well...what do you expect.....

Also, why would a university decide to make that study?
ny Conspiricy without a secret society more than 1000 years old isn't worth thinking about

midgard

Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 01:58:40 AM »
Quote from: "Oliwoli"
Well...what do you expect.....

Are you implying that I should've expected that because it's Ireland or do you think you'd get that result anywhere?

Quote from: "Oliwoli"
Also, why would a university decide to make that study?

Universities needs to justify their existance, if they didn't do studies they'd just be harbouring uni students (yeck) and releasing know-it-alls who spent several years avoiding life into society (equal yeck).

beast

Re: Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 02:30:12 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"

Of course the study was conducted by the Dublin City University so I'm thinking if they got their sample of notes from students this could explain the high results.

Don't know if you're aware, but cocaine is actually a really expensive drug - it's the drug of choice for highly paid workaholic lawyers and bankers - not a drug that students can easily afford.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 03:26:48 AM »
They could afford some of it, beast, but not enough to last for very long. You need to take lots of cocaine and keep taking for the effect to last.

beast

Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 03:35:33 AM »
What's your point?

midgard

Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 03:51:54 AM »
Yeah, um, that was a joke but in the mean time:

Cocaine in Ireland is a lot cheaper than in Australia. I'll admit I don't know from first hand experience but in Australia my Irish friends always complained about the price of it. Of course, you're Beast so while you won't allow other people to use 2nd hand information it's perfectly acceptable for you to do so.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 04:53:26 AM »
Quote from: "beast"
What's your point?

Erm... nothing I guess, I was just saying...

beast

Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 04:09:04 PM »
Of course, you're Beast so while you won't allow other people to use 2nd hand information it's perfectly acceptable for you to do so.

Give me an example.  If you going to make outrageous claims then back them up with some evidence.  If I make a claim and don't source it, ask, and I'm sure I will.  I just get lazy sometimes and don't write them out.

?

quixotic

• Im a mushroomcloudlayin motherfucker, motherfucker
Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 04:35:29 PM »
That article is actually true of all the banknotes in the world.

Its like six degrees of seperation.

Most currency in circulation in the world (notes that is) has traces of cocaine, either by actual use of the note or the note coming in contact with another one that has been used.

=P

Like...O M G ! ! ! He is, like, totally using the gun as like some kind of sexual weapon. O M G ! ! That is like, totally awesome! ! !

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Re: Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 05:42:17 PM »

Don't know if you're aware, but cocaine is actually a really expensive drug - it's the drug of choice for highly paid workaholic lawyers and bankers - not a drug that students can easily afford.

That explains some things George Carlin has said.

.`
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 03:05:09 AM »
Ireland and cocaine? yes please!
he earth is round!

midgard

Ireland and Cocaine
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 03:51:28 AM »
Give me an example. If you going to make outrageous claims then back them up with some evidence. If I make a claim and don't source it, ask, and I'm sure I will. I just get lazy sometimes and don't write them out.

You're such a drama queen beast.  :D

Fortunately I didn't have to look too hard to find evidence to support my "outrageous" claims...

Forget giving me a source for that, that's not what I was after. I've heard that cocaine is expensive in Australia - I've also heard that it's a hell of a lot cheaper not only in Ireland but also all over Europe.

I don't want you to accept what you've been told and taught I want you to prove it to yourself. After all, that's why you claim your here: to try and get people to question what they've been told and taught.

More importantly it was a joke - I don't think they took the sample from students.

Quote from: "quixotic"
That article is actually true of all the banknotes in the world.

Its like six degrees of seperation.

Most currency in circulation in the world (notes that is) has traces of cocaine, either by actual use of the note or the note coming in contact with another one that has been used.

=P

Not according to the article:

The most recent survey carried out in the US showed 65% of dollar notes were contaminated with cocaine.

Not to mention Australian banknotes are plastic so I doubt it'd work there.