What's the motive?

• 32 Replies

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
What's the motive?
« on: September 03, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »
I asked a similar question in another thread but never got a conclusive answer, so rather than resurrect that thread, I figured I'd ask in different terms:

Anybody who's ever watched a cop show on TV knows that for every crime there's a motive. Money and love are two common motives for crimes. Political power is another and anger (emotion) is another. But there has to be a motive.

We hear that NASA and the government are conspiring to hide the true shape of the Earth from us. So my question: What's their motive? It's not money because they get our money without reference to the shape of the Earth. They could still tax us if they admitted that the Earth was flat. It's not political power because the people in charge would not fall from power just because they didn't conceal the true shape of the Earth from us. It seems unlikely that it's love or anger, because the shape of the Earth simply doesn't come in.

There are conspiracies to hide crimes, and conspiracies to steal money by fixing prices, and conspiracies to mislead people into buying stuff they wouldn't otherwise. But there's nothing we buy that we would stop buying if it were general knowledge that the Earth is flat. On the contrary, the alleged round-Earth conspirators are spending an awful lot of money for no profit whatsoever.

So again, my question: What's the motive?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: What's the motive?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »
It's money.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:02:33 PM »
It's money.

You really need to be more specific. How does anybody make money from concealing the true shape of the Earth? Details and evidence please. "It's money" does not answer the question.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 02:33:10 PM »
The motive is : to separate the intelligent people from the stupid people.

It's a test.

NASA has grand plans for the people who pass.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »
It's money.

You really need to be more specific. How does anybody make money from concealing the true shape of the Earth? Details and evidence please. "It's money" does not answer the question.

They don't make money from concealing the shape of the earth, they make money by faking space flight.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 03:50:27 PM »
They don't make money from concealing the shape of the earth, they make money by faking space flight.
And faking stories like? International Space Station and air leakage. Started by Heavenly Breeze.

Pull the other leg, it yodels.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 03:55:58 PM »
It's money.

When Sputnik first went up, there were people who said they faked it. All it did was emit a radio beep at short intervals. Beep, beep, beep, etc. But it was soon shown that it would be more expensive to fake that than to actually do it.

If the Earth is flat it would cost more to fake space flight, than it would cost to actually do space flight if the Earth is round.

They would make MORE money, not less, if they admitted that the Earth is flat and charged what it really costs to provide the services that we supposedly get now from satellites. They are LOSING money by telling us they're doing it with satellites because all the flat-Earth alternatives cost MORE.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 04:06:44 PM »
It's money.

The space shuttle program alone cost 196 BILLION dollars, adjusted for inflation.

The space race was well over by the time it started, so tell us what the motivation is to "fake space flight", because that is a lot of money just to launch for show!

This doesn't figure in the customers paying for cargo transportation. Do you suppose they just forget about that satellite that never made it to orbit?

Most people get upset when Amazon takes three days to deliver an item!

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »
It's money.

You have zero evidence to support this lie.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 08:00:25 PM »
It's money.
You have zero evidence to support this lie.
She's a flat-earther. Zero evidence is more than enough.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 11:14:58 PM »
It's money.

I've read here, there and about that's it's not the money, per se. But as the theory goes it's a lie that has been compounded and is too far gone that it can't be safely reversed. As in the cold war space race was settled with the moon landing and if it was a fraud, we certainly couldn't allow that to be exposed going forward as it would destroy the credibility and might achieved in 1969.

I know, it sounds ludicrous, but pretty much everything about the conspiracy is as well so why not layer on some more garbage.

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 12:31:30 AM »
The motive is : to separate the intelligent people from the stupid people.

It's a test.

NASA has grand plans for the people who pass.

They're gonna give 'em money?  :o Or what?
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 01:03:00 AM »
Supression of science, and "containment of the experiment". just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:13:23 AM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 07:03:36 AM »
The thing is they don't make money out of it. Unless they are faking all the employees and suppliers they are paying the money too. Which seems unlikely to be sustainable through 60+ years of audits.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »
So... there really is no motive. An awful lot of arguments fall apart if there's no motive.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 10:46:55 AM »
We have told you the motive. We can't make you accept it.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
We have told you the motive. We can't make you accept it.

Nor can you validate it.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

?

dutchy

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 11:54:28 AM »
I did not know that the powers that be, have other motives besides money driven,  more power and a dumbed down majority who fail to see how they are screwed day after day.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 02:38:16 PM »
I did not know that the powers that be, have other motives besides money driven,  more power and a dumbed down majority who fail to see how they are screwed day after day.
Just when did this conspiracy to hide the true shape of the earth start?
How could any money be made from hiding the shape of the earth centuries ago?

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 03:06:44 PM »

I'd like to expand on rabinoz's question:

How does misrepresenting the shape of the Earth make money for anyone, then or now? What did Eratosthenes gain by claiming the Earth is round? What did Galileo gain, other than being put under house arrest by the Catholic Church and threatened with torture? What does France gain by claiming the Earth is round? NASA gets funding from Congress, but what do the Congresscritters get?

I visited Australia. Where's my check from the government for saying that Australia is real?

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »

As this is a claim, made by you, could you provide at least a simple construct as to how this would work economically?  I would assume that you believe the cost of faking it has been reliable enough a scam as to never been contested, caught, or otherwise compromised.  Additionally, and this is the point that you may want to consider, that men and women have died, in the real world, pursuing the black sky.  To make a baseless claim that this is some sort of deception is, without proof, wild and ignorant speculation.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 05:24:58 AM »

I commented on this before,  but would like to add another aspect: Space flight only started in about 1957 with Sputnik I, which didn't make any money because it was the Communists who put it up (or faked it, according to some.)

But before that, and before NASA, and even before the U.S. was a country, people were saying the Earth is round. What was the motive for the deception before space flight existed?

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 12:45:31 PM »

I commented on this before,  but would like to add another aspect: Space flight only started in about 1957 with Sputnik I, which didn't make any money because it was the Communists who put it up (or faked it, according to some.)

But before that, and before NASA, and even before the U.S. was a country, people were saying the Earth is round. What was the motive for the deception before space flight existed?
I personally believe, long before the space race, government officials with vision knew that one day things would come to a head with Russia.  To avoid worldwide conflict, they planned for a softer conflict to take its place, more competitive than antagonistic.  Namely the space race.

But since traveling to outer space is a physical impossibility due to the flat earth, the globe earth fraud was began.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 02:07:14 PM »

I personally believe, long before the space race, government officials with vision knew that one day things would come to a head with Russia.  To avoid worldwide conflict, they planned for a softer conflict to take its place, more competitive than antagonistic.  Namely the space race.

But since traveling to outer space is a physical impossibility due to the flat earth, the globe earth fraud was began.

Your reasoning suggests that the "globe Earth fraud" began some time in the past 100 years or so. Before the Russian revolution there was no reason to imagine any conflict between Russia and the West. And in fact airplanes had only existed for a little over a decade at that time. Space flight was not even dreamed of much before the start of the 20th century when people like Verne and H.G. Wells wrote fictitious accounts of it.

The Round-Earth story is two thousand years old, at the very least.

"Globe Earth fraud" cannot have been started as a reaction to tensions between Russia and the West because the first Round-Earthers lived at least two-thousand years ago.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 02:33:47 PM »

There wasn't a motive, they were just wrong.

?

dutchy

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2018, 02:41:17 PM »

How does misrepresenting the shape of the Earth make money for anyone, then or now? What did Eratosthenes gain by claiming the Earth is round? What did Galileo gain, other than being put under house arrest by the Catholic Church and threatened with torture? What does France gain by claiming the Earth is round? NASA gets funding from Congress, but what do the Congresscritters get?

Well for starters..those who seek the spotlights in ancient times in modern alike mostly are driven to spend their time in nothing other than telling,hearing or discovering something revolutionary and unique.
The more outragious the better....sets you apart from the mediocre rest.(Einstein's relativity)

It was common practice to create new and exiting hypothesis within certain boundaries of the given culture or major conviction.
I have heard so many untrues about the Catholic church and their supposed fear of the heliocentric model...it's absurd.

Many ''cosmo'' related things start off as thought experiments with no bearing in the real world.
After a while it becomes an industry about who controls reality, the books ,education, the idols, the general public....then lot's of  money is involved for who comes on top.
And nothing has changed, because when something is published in ''nature or science'' you can harvest your financial future.
Therefor deceit is common practice on every thinkable level...has nothing to due with truth findings per see.

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2018, 04:12:31 PM »
The motive of NASA is to highlight the extremely intelligent and intuitive people in our society who can see through the charade and recognize the shape of the arth the way it actually is.

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2018, 08:06:24 AM »
Well for starters..those who seek the spotlights in ancient times in modern alike mostly are driven to spend their time in nothing other than telling,hearing or discovering something revolutionary and unique.
The more outragious the better....sets you apart from the mediocre rest.(Einstein's relativity)

It was common practice to create new and exiting hypothesis within certain boundaries of the given culture or major conviction.

This sounds like a confession. So all assertions about the shape of the earth and solar system could have been so motivated in the past and therefore the flat earth model should be treated with no less suspicion than any other.

Yet the heliocentric globe model works with even the most simple of home measurements and observations, while the non-globe theories fall down very early on. So we're well on our way to establishing which one is right quite easily.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2018, 03:04:07 PM »

Totally irrelevant to the questions asked, which were:
  • Just when did this conspiracy to hide the true shape of the earth start?
  • How could any money be made from hiding the shape of the earth centuries ago?
  • How does misrepresenting the shape of the Earth make money for anyone, then or now?

Quote from: dutchy
Totally irrelevant to the questions asked.

I have heard so many untrues about the Catholic church and their supposed fear of the heliocentric model...it's absurd.
So have I, but that is still totally irrelevant to the questions asked.

Many ''cosmo'' related things start off as thought experiments with no bearing in the real world.
Such as?
Most "things" start off as an attempt to answer an unanswered question or explain an observation - eg why to ships disappear hull first.

But this is totally irrelevant to the questions asked!

After a while it becomes an industry about who controls reality, the books ,education, the idols, the general public....then lot's of  money is involved for who comes on top.
That might be your story but how does that go anywhere to answering:
     "Just when did this conspiracy to hide the true shape of the earth start?" or "How could any money be made from hiding the shape of the earth centuries ago?"

And nothing has changed, because when something is published in ''nature or science'' you can harvest your financial future.
Therefor deceit is common practice on every thinkable level...has nothing to due with truth findings per see.
Don't be ridiculous! Neither of those claims has any truth. If you disagree then provide enough evidence to make your claim believable.

And there are numerous publications contrary to "mainstream science" though there is no accepted "mainstream science"!

There are many that still question Einstein's Relativity, both SR and GR and their papers certainly do get published in refereed high-quality journals.
If you want a Nobel prize just present a theory that provides better explanations than either or both (preferably both) of Quantum Theory and/or General Relativity.
That is no joke because it is a known fact that they cannot both be completely correct because they are incompatible.

So, dutchy, you talk through your proverbial hat!

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 02:23:37 PM »
As the most renowned RET poster I obviously have a higher standard for evidence than the regular posters on this site and I must say I've never once seen a convincing argument in favour of "the conspiracy".

There might be enough to convince lesser posters but no one is yet to convince me.