Re: 150ft Ice Wall Edge

• 32 Replies
« on: August 27, 2018, 01:35:13 PM »
Supposedly this 150 ft ice way is on the coast of Antarctica (that's what it says on the link), but I know for a fact that this ice wall does NOT run all around Antarctica.  There are ocean liners that circumnavigate Antarctica (around December each year) and they have daily stops when passengers can go ashore and annoy the penguins.  The penguins, incidentally, are able to dive into the ocean water for food and then leap back up to the land - so it isn't 150 ft above the water.

And the fact that Antarctica can be circumnavigated by these ocean liners (in a few weeks at a leisurely speed) shows that Antarctica, with or without ice, is not surrounding the rim of the earth.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 03:13:17 AM »
It does seem round Earth believers have convinced themselves an ice wall could not exist preceding ongoing research results relating to this topic.   

Can someone please post a link to where an Einstein, Hawking or equivalent has expressed doubt of an ice wall?

This might pull more weight than the word of random cruise enthusiasts.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 03:49:28 AM »
It does seem round Earth believers have convinced themselves an ice wall could not exist preceding ongoing research results relating to this topic.   

Can someone please post a link to where an Einstein, Hawking or equivalent has expressed doubt of an ice wall?

What “ongoing research”?  Has someone made another YouTube video?

And why would Einstein or Hawking waste their time on discussing random conspiracy theories?

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 03:56:41 AM »
What do Einstein or Hawking have to do with this?

Geologists, oceanographers and other scientist have described in detail the landmass of Antarctica and it's geologic and climatic history. The Antarctic Circumpolar Current is a proven fact and is already known for centuries by sailors. I am very interested then in this ongoing research because I have to see the first FE-disillusionist to deliver proof otherwise.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 10:09:04 AM »
I don't know that Einstein or Hawking ever visited Antarctica to see the ice walls.

People who have been there will tell you the the ice walls are only intermittent, like cliffs on the coast of any continent, and that there are plenty of large spaces that resemble a normal beach where penguins are able to waddle in and out of the water.  How did you suppose the penguins survive if they could only jump back up to 150 ft cliffs?

People who have been there will tell you there are no fortresses, no lines of soldiers or guards to keep people out of Antarctica  (consider how many soldiers would be required - over the past century - to prevent visitors and explorers from entering Antarctica, and yet not a one ever spoke of this experience there).  The FE story is pure baloney

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 03:02:55 PM »
... The penguins, incidentally, are able to dive into the ocean water for food and then leap back up to the land - so it isn't 150 ft above the water. ...

Penguins are birds. They fly over the ice wall.  ;)

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 03:11:33 PM »
... The penguins, incidentally, are able to dive into the ocean water for food and then leap back up to the land - so it isn't 150 ft above the water. ...

Penguins don't fly.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 03:17:30 PM »

Penguins don't fly.

That's what they want you to think.  :)

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 03:19:39 PM »

Penguins don't fly.

That's what they want you to think.  :)

It's not what I think, it is what I know.  They don't.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 03:57:58 PM »
How many times do we have to say the same thing! Nobody says that "an ice wall could not exist preceding ongoing research results relating to this topic".

In fact there are plenty of ice walls around Antarctica as I have shown YOU in the past:

Quote from: gotham
Why would anyone think that Einstein, Hawking or equivalent have special expertise in ice-wall - they are physicists.

Quote from: gotham
I doubt it. First-hand evidence by the crew and passengers on this ships seeing this sort of thing would carry a lot more weight:

Antarctic Peninsula Photo: Brown Bluff, Continental Antarctica
This photo of Antarctic Peninsula is courtesy of TripAdvisor

Map of Antarctic Peninsula landings

But there is also no doubt at all that there are plenty of location's around the Antarctic coast where there are no ice-walls allowing relatively easy access to the interior.

The modern-day Davis research station looks more like a space colony - no ice-walls!
The award-winning designed buildings are spacious and comfortable and have plenty of privacy.
There are also good satellite communication links with the outside world. (Photo: Noel Tennant)

Amundsen’s Antarctic Expedition landing point in the Bay of Whales, Antarctica - no ice-walls!

For more information just Google:
     "Davis Station Antarctica";) Wot no Ice Wall? ;) Australia.
     "Images McMurdo Station Antarctica";) Wot no Ice Wall? ;) USA.
     "Images Scott Base Antarctica";) Wot no Ice Wall? ;) New Zealand.
     "Images for Amundsen Landing in Antarctica, Bay of Whales" - Norway 1910.
     "Images for Scott South Pole Expedition Landing Place";) Wot no Ice Wall? ;) Great Britain 1910.

Just get the message: The are ice-walls around parts of Antarctica and places where there are no ice-walls.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 09:12:35 PM »

This is not based on "random cruise enthusiasts".
In the first place the earth has been known to be a globe for several centuries.
In the second place the earth is known to not be a flat disc.
In the third place Antarctica has been known to be a continent on this globe for quite some time and has been surveyed , mapped amd photographed from space as such.
In the fourth place Antarctica has been known to not be an ice wall around the earth.
And finally it has been known that there are several ice shelfs around Antarctica, but no continuous ice wall.
The so-called "ice wall" does not exist.
It is the product of imaginatiion or fictional writings, such as those of Samuel Birley Rowbotham.
The very idea of a flat earth also falls in that category, too.

Yes....How many times do we have to repeat this ?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:56:53 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 11:03:32 PM »

In the first place the earth has been known to be a globe for several centuries.
In the third place Antarctica has been known to be a continent on this globe for quite some time and has been surveyed , mapped amd photographed from space as such.
In the fourth place Antarctica has been known to not be an ice wall around the earth.
And a number of very knowledgeable flat-earthers accept than Antarctica is an island continent and that there is a single South Pole.

Tom Bishop makes no claim as to the accuracy of the "Bipolar Map" as a map, just as a "basic continental layout" and Sandokhan claims his is "THE TRUE" Flat Earth Map.

FE Bipolar Map
Promoted by Tom Bishop

DET Map Northern Hemiplane
Promoted by

DET Map Southern Hemiplane
JRoweskeptic

Sandokhan's "True" Flat Earth Map

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 08:10:00 PM »

And a number of very knowledgeable flat-earthers accept than Antarctica is an island continent and that there is a single South Pole.

Tom Bishop makes no claim as to the accuracy of the "Bipolar Map" as a map, just as a "basic continental layout" and Sandokhan claims his is "THE TRUE" Flat Earth Map.

FE Bipolar Map
Promoted by Tom Bishop

Promoted by

JRoweskeptic

Rabinoz ain't mention PHEW FE MAP How dare he  ;D  ;D  ;D
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 08:16:02 PM »
Rabinoz ain't mention PHEW FE MAP How dare he  ;D  ;D  ;D

Can you share an image of the PHEW FE MAP?

Danang

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 09:44:49 PM »
Here it is, Stash  8)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:48:57 PM by Danang »

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 09:46:13 PM »

Since there has been no evidence of the ice wall........What would be your alternative ?

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 09:50:04 PM »
Here it is, Stash  8)

"Not scaled" ?
Could you explain this ?

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 09:52:32 PM »

FE Bipolar Map
Promoted by Tom Bishop

Promoted by

JRoweskeptic

Gleason's map also claims to be "The World As It Is"  ???

And......If Tom Bishop is reading my post, I would like to see a plot of the ocean route from California to Japan on the Bipolar Map. ???
Same for Sandokan's "True" Flat Earth Map. ???
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:09:40 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Danang

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 10:24:16 PM »
Here it is, Stash  8)

"Not scaled" ?
Could you explain this ?

Globe map informations are doubtful. So for time being I refer to time zones (among others there is gap between Alaska and East Russia).
I must adjust their informations to be translated into Phew FE map. For instance: I changed vertical points/lines with the same longitude in globe model to be curved lines in accordance with the sunrise illumination at those points.
It ain't a simple work. It takes time.
The bad thing is: so far I still can't be a full timer to deal with FE stuff.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 12:17:15 AM »
Here it is, Stash

Something like this (Mine is a globe projection, but kind of resembles the PHEW):

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 02:43:07 AM »
It's fitting that Rowbotham would have the last say in this thread.

Citizens were engaged in open and well attended debates as late as the 19th century going back and forth discussing Earth shape, ice wall potentials and the like. FET is time-stamped even then with victories. 

Since then, the round Earth movement has dumbed down Earth shape discussion with its purported "whacky" and unproven evidence.       

The only truth regarding Earth shape reality is included within FET. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 05:29:16 AM »

Citizens were engaged in open and well attended debates as late as the 19th century going back and forth discussing Earth shape, ice wall potentials and the like. FET is time-stamped even then with victories. 
Why not let  Tom Bishop have the last word. He is a much more up-to-date flat-earth expert than Rowbotham!
Rabinoz, I support the Bi-Polar model, so I don't know what you are trying to prove to me there.

Another alternative model descripting Antarctica as a distinct continent.
There is still an "ice wall" in this model, but it not Antarctica.
Beyond the rays of the sun the waters will naturally freeze.

Undoubtedly many more questions will arise,
so if you point me to a good write-up, I'll keep out of your way (on this topic) for a while.

The South Pole was not yet discovered when Rowbotham wrote Earth Not a Globe. It is understandable why he might depict the earth without it.

The Bi-Polar model is first advocated in the book The Sea-Earth Globe and and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions, (Zetetes, 1918). However, the layout of the continents is left ambiguous due to lack of data. The layout and dimensions of the continents in our picture may be different as well. Someone apparently just found a map projection of a globe that looked similar for illustrative purposes.
Look, no ice-wall needed around the island continent of Antarctica, just as we've been claiming all along!

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 08:59:29 AM »
Globe map informations are doubtful. So for time being I refer to time zones (among others there is gap between Alaska and East Russia).
I must adjust their informations to be translated into Phew FE map. For instance: I changed vertical points/lines with the same longitude in globe model to be curved lines in accordance with the sunrise illumination at those points.

"Globe map informations" are not doubtful at all.  You may have to face your worst fear and go outside, but you can easily verify the globe map.

How do timezones translate into distances?

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2018, 09:03:48 AM »

Since then, the round Earth movement has dumbed down Earth shape discussion with its purported "whacky" and unproven evidence.       

The debating stopped as soon as they discovered, without a doubt, that the earth was definitely not flat and surrounded by a wall of ice.

"whacky and unproven evidence"...lol.  You seem to be suffering from some mental disorder that causes you to believe that if you don't admit it, it isn't true.

Danang

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2018, 09:43:50 AM »
Here it is, Stash

Something like this (Mine is a globe projection, but kind of resembles the PHEW):

Oh you're a flatearther.. I thought a glober. Did you make that map by yourself?
Rabinoz gave such map months ago after I asked anybody to make south pole centered map for me.

Anyway, the curved grids were made to define time zones, at the same time unintentionally made America & Canada look smaller. Hopefully that's the true size of both countries.
But if your map is actually the correct one, I'll refer to your map.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2018, 10:07:44 AM »

"Globe map informations" are not doubtful at all.  You may have to face your worst fear and go outside, but you can easily verify the globe map.

How do timezones translate into distances?

If you had even ever been in the real world, or worked in the real world, especially in fields involving nautical or aeronautical navigation (for just two examples) you would find just  how accurate  "Globe  Map Informations" really are and find just how much they are not doubtful at all. Especially when you deal with maps such as the Oceanic Sectional Charts or the Aeronautical Sectional Maps which are very accurate in presenting small areas so as to have very little distortion due to the types of projections from which they are made from the globe.

Flat Earthers are either  so ignorant or pretend to be so ignorant of things like this .
It is this that makes them seem to be so ignorant of many other things and they seem to have their own so - called "flat earth beliefs" which are so fantastic and foolish that there is no doubt why some "round earthers" make fun of "flat earthers".

There is an interesting scene in the 1953 "Titanic" movie where Second Officer Lightoller (played by the actor Edmund Purdom) is shown plotting the locations of icebergs on one of these charts.

Flat Earthers need to get out from just looking out their windows and get out into the real world and look at it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:17:08 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2018, 10:29:24 AM »
Here it is, Stash

I don't see a continuous ice wall around the rim of your map ???
There seems to big gap in it......about half the distance ???
What is keeping the oceans from flowing over the edge ???
Or is it that the waters of the ocean are so far away from the rays of the spot light sun as it orbits over the earth that it is so cold that the water in the oceans freeze and that keeps the water from flowing over the edge ???
At least that is one flat earth explanation that I have read ???

But .....Are you  saying that it is "a globe projection" and not a "flat earth map" ???
I thought that you were "a true flat earth believer" ???

Boy !!!......If that is so.......Am I ever confused ???
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:44:55 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2018, 11:02:27 AM »

Rowbotham's lectures were mainly made to the rural uneducated audiences of the time.
They were no doubt impressed wth his skill as an orator - he was noted for this -   in presenting his flat earth notions.

It is reported that at least on one occasion he was challenged by more learned persons, was embarassed , and fled the scene quickly of at least one of his lectures.

It is indeed very foolish for flat earthers to say flat earth is "truth" when tnere is no evidence of it and there is every evidence that the earth is the globe that it really is.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:07:38 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »
But if your map is actually the correct one, I'll refer to your map.

If you are going to refer to "his" map, you are going to also have to admit the earth is round.  Your "phew" map is a ridiculous joke.

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2018, 02:26:02 PM »
With the bi-polar map, what would cause the ice-caps to form, but for the areas around them to not freeze?