Climate change update

• 77 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Climate change update
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2018, 09:12:55 AM »

Pez is one of the most respected members here.

Respect from hypocrites?

From people who matter.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2018, 04:27:25 PM »
Hey, there's a snow swamp in Canada now.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2018, 04:11:07 AM »

Respect from hypocrites?

From people who matter.
Oh...sorry your antlerness...

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2018, 04:57:53 AM »

Respect from hypocrites?

From people who matter.

They're antennas you dumb shit.  ::)

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2018, 05:04:36 AM »

Respect from hypocrites?

From people who matter.

They're antennas you dumb shit.  ::)
Even Pezevenk would disagree with that...shame, after coming to his defense...tsk, tsk...

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2018, 11:29:35 AM »
Seems the Trump administration has changed its course from climate change denialism to an admitted "destroy the future of mankind for profit" policy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-administration-sees-a-7-degree-rise-in-global-temperatures-by-2100/2018/09/27/b9c6fada-bb45-11e8-bdc0-90f81cc58c5d_story.html?utm_term=.c2fc11e6a76e

Reminds me for some reason on Janis Joplin: "Tomorrow never happens. It's all the same fucking day" That would be great. Guess we need more drugs.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »
It reminds me of a trashy greek TV series called Οικογενειακές Ιστορίες (Family Stories). It's supposed to examine various social issues, but it's a fucking garbage fire but it's hilarious because of how nad it is and most people watch it ironically. Anyways, in one episode, a single mother and her daughter moved in next to some people who kept their teenage daughter locked inside their home. The daughter found and told her mom about it immediately, and normally the issue would be resolved immediately, by calling the police or some other authority. But that would mean the episode would end within the first few minutes, so they had to find an excuse to keel it going. The excuse was that the mom did not want to do anything about it, and her reasoning went a bit like this: "The situation is serious, very serious. They're insane. So, we must mind our own business and do nothing".

Well, that parallel was unnecessarily drawn out, but it seems like their reasoning is "ok, things are very serious, so let's do nothing".
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2019, 08:07:41 AM »

Anyway, next winter in the Northern hemisphere will become fricking cold again, not just like wintery cold, but like really Arctic cold. And next summer we will get the heatwaves, droughts and wildfires we are already used to.

What has happened? It's the Arctic jet streams. They have circled around the north pole for thousands of years - but now they are gone. They actually are not really gone, they are just not where they used to be, and they are much weaker now than they were during the whole Holocene.

The cold part of your warning is happening right now in the Midwest. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2019, 01:28:57 PM »
Seems the Trump administration has changed its course from climate change denialism to an admitted "destroy the future of mankind for profit" policy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-administration-sees-a-7-degree-rise-in-global-temperatures-by-2100/2018/09/27/b9c6fada-bb45-11e8-bdc0-90f81cc58c5d_story.html?utm_term=.c2fc11e6a76e

Reminds me for some reason on Janis Joplin: "Tomorrow never happens. It's all the same fucking day" That would be great. Guess we need more drugs.
Why would Trump care one way or the other? He won't be around when the crunch comes.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2019, 07:26:34 PM »

Why would Trump care one way or the other? He won't be around when the crunch comes.

But what of his children!?

What a hideous sociopath to not give a damn about even them

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2019, 07:51:19 PM »
Are you suggesting that Dear Donald might not be?

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2019, 10:14:55 AM »

Tiffany who?

Pezevenk

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2019, 02:56:16 PM »

Eh, it's not gonna bother his children all that much. They'll have inherited millions and they'll simply be able to live however they like, regardless of what the climate is like. These things mostly affect less fortunate people who can't move into an ivory tower.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2019, 03:44:48 AM »
To Australians: What's going on down there? I hear there's a ridiculous heat wave, and a bunch of fish are dying.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2019, 09:08:25 PM »
To Australians: What's going on down there? I hear there's a ridiculous heat wave, and a bunch of fish are dying.

Essentially water theft from the Murray Darling basin coupled with algae looms killed millions of fish

However if the water wasn't being stolen then farmers etc would have nothing to irrigate with. Lose lose situation

But the government has a hand in badly mismanaging it too. I believe a report came out scathing of commonwealth officials.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Pezevenk

« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2019, 02:51:42 PM »

Essentially water theft from the Murray Darling basin coupled with algae looms killed millions of fish

However if the water wasn't being stolen then farmers etc would have nothing to irrigate with. Lose lose situation

But the government has a hand in badly mismanaging it too. I believe a report came out scathing of commonwealth officials.
That's not an excuse for water theft though...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2019, 04:04:56 PM »

I'm not excusing it, however I won't give the government a free ride in blasting those that do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jan/19/murray-darling-basin-authority-and-nsw-largely-culpable-for-fish-kill-report-finds
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:07:26 PM by Shifter »

Know your place

Pezevenk

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2019, 09:26:45 AM »

I'm not excusing it, however I won't give the government a free ride in blasting those that do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jan/19/murray-darling-basin-authority-and-nsw-largely-culpable-for-fish-kill-report-finds
Is it not illegal or something though?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)