Climate change update

• 77 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Climate change update
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2018, 06:39:21 AM »
Yes, people are impacted (good and bad) by climate change.

What is the problem?
The problem is that the impact of current climate change trend looks to be very bad for people (along with most other species on the planet), and it appears to be our own fault.
There are a lot of things that look bad for people the whole world over, correct?

This story has been told so many times by you alarmists...nothing concrete, just sensationalized pablum.
To borrow a line from the eminent zetetic philosopher Tom Bishop, look out your window.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2018, 07:05:17 AM »
Other than your opinion, you have offered nothing to point out any errors in the body of my post.
Well neither did you, you just said 'Climate change dumb durr', so...

Btw that post is truly something else. You claimed there's nothing more to know about climate science other than the four irrelevant sentences you posted. Then you kept saying irrelevant stuff and playing dumb (or maybe you really are, it's hard to tell sometimes on the internet), and you concluded by 'so what' if there are very real harmful impacts of climate change.

Your opinion is worthless and always has been.
Are you under the impression yours is worth something?

Why don't you and your fellow greeks go down some ouzo and engage each other's - - - - s in your usual way?
Maybe if you drank some good ouzo instead of chugging down bottles of adulterated moonshine you wouldn't be so angry constantly. 
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2018, 09:08:27 AM »
Yes, people are impacted (good and bad) by climate change.

What is the problem?
The problem is that the impact of current climate change trend looks to be very bad for people (along with most other species on the planet), and it appears to be our own fault.
There are a lot of things that look bad for people the whole world over, correct?

This story has been told so many times by you alarmists...nothing concrete, just sensationalized pablum.
To borrow a line from the eminent zetetic philosopher Tom Bishop, look out your window.
I have, every day.

Name one thing climate change impacts more than any other problem...

Perhaps poverty would be a good start...

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2018, 09:19:42 AM »
Other than your opinion, you have offered nothing to point out any errors in the body of my post.
Well neither did you, you just said 'Climate change dumb durr', so...
No, I did not say anything, nor did I write anything near what you claim.
Btw that post is truly something else. You claimed there's nothing more to know about climate science other than the four irrelevant sentences you posted.
Every sentence I wrote was relevant to the issue.

Because you believe something to be irrelevant does not make it so...
Then you kept saying irrelevant stuff and playing dumb (or maybe you really are, it's hard to tell sometimes on the internet), and you concluded by 'so what' if there are very real harmful impacts of climate change.
Again, you have nothing...

Do floods occur?

Yes.

Do storms occur?

Yes.

Is there actual climate change?

Yes.

Has anyone actually offered up why it is an issue?

No.
Your opinion is worthless and always has been.
Are you under the impression yours is worth something?
Sure am.
Why don't you and your fellow greeks go down some ouzo and engage each other's - - - - s in your usual way?
Maybe if you drank some good ouzo instead of chugging down bottles of adulterated moonshine you wouldn't be so angry constantly.
Have had plenty of my family's preferred brand.

Maybe if you actually stopped drinking for a while, you could make a good post.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:28:46 AM by totallackey »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2018, 09:31:34 AM »

How about coastal flooding?
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/15052018/norfolk-virginia-navy-sea-level-rise-flooding-urban-planning-poverty-coastal-resilience

Pezevenk

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2018, 04:02:48 PM »

Conversely, just because you claim they're relevant it doesn't mean they are.

Do floods occur?

Yes.

Do storms occur?

Yes.

Yes.

No.
Again, plenty have been doing that for years now, and by this time, I'm sure you probably have heard the arguments, it's just that every time someone explains it to you, your reaction is something along the lines of "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALA!"

I mean, if you don't see where the issue with continuing activities that cause very real and serious harm to humans and the environment, I just have no idea what more I can tell you.

I'm just saing, lay off that moonshine, it's for your own good.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »

Conversely, just because you claim they're relevant it doesn't mean they are.

Do floods occur?

Yes.

Do storms occur?

Yes.

Yes.

No.
Again, plenty have been doing that for years now, and by this time, I'm sure you probably have heard the arguments, it's just that every time someone explains it to you, your reaction is something along the lines of "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALA!"

I mean, if you don't see where the issue with continuing activities that cause very real and serious harm to humans and the environment, I just have no idea what more I can tell you.

Humans are harming the planet no doubt, but I am sick of the reasons being only limited to carbon emissions (at least the reason that gets any air time).

Forget the fact that we
Chop down 11 million trees every DAY. This has devastated eco systems and bio diversity which has cascade effect on everything else, not limited to the fact that the absence of trees means carbon has to find another place to sink (such as the ocean)

As a society we could do away with all the paper waste too. In the digital age we could literally get rid of almost all print media. We don't need to print millions of copies of newspapers every day. Tabloid magazines and advertising can just be emailed. Political advertisements too. Phone books? When was the last time you used one? Do we really need to print millions of those every year?

Lets use the Japanese bidet style toilets to clean out arses. Toilet paper is a shitty and wasteful way to clean anyway.

Water hungry plantations like cotton should be replaced with more environmentally friendly and less thirsty ones such as bamboo

There needs to be a global effort to start replanting trees. They are natures air filters and natural carbon sinks.

The switch from the reliance of oil to renewable power needs to start yesterday. What are we waiting for? When it runs out?

Also, I have no idea how much truth is in this, but perhaps the oil, is better left inside the Earth and thus, we should not be extracting it anymore

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23472299

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2018, 07:22:34 PM »
Shifter - yes, the oil belongs in the ground, where it has been sequestered for millions of years and effectively removed from the carbon cycle.

As far as the problem being related to the amount of trees being cut down, that's a little over-simplistic, but it's in the right direction. The real factor needs to be the amount of carbon used for energy generation versus the amount of carbon mass the Earth can put into plant/animal/mineral/etc accumulation over a given period of time. If those two factors are in balance, we have removed the "A" from "AGW" and the rest is natural variation.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 03:01:11 AM »

Humans are harming the planet no doubt, but I am sick of the reasons being only limited to carbon emissions (at least the reason that gets any air time).

Forget the fact that we
Chop down 11 million trees every DAY. This has devastated eco systems and bio diversity which has cascade effect on everything else, not limited to the fact that the absence of trees means carbon has to find another place to sink (such as the ocean)

As a society we could do away with all the paper waste too. In the digital age we could literally get rid of almost all print media. We don't need to print millions of copies of newspapers every day. Tabloid magazines and advertising can just be emailed. Political advertisements too. Phone books? When was the last time you used one? Do we really need to print millions of those every year?

Lets use the Japanese bidet style toilets to clean out arses. Toilet paper is a shitty and wasteful way to clean anyway.

Water hungry plantations like cotton should be replaced with more environmentally friendly and less thirsty ones such as bamboo

There needs to be a global effort to start replanting trees. They are natures air filters and natural carbon sinks.

The switch from the reliance of oil to renewable power needs to start yesterday. What are we waiting for? When it runs out?

Also, I have no idea how much truth is in this, but perhaps the oil, is better left inside the Earth and thus, we should not be extracting it anymore

I am sick and tired of it, too, but our greenhouse gas emissions (CO2, CH4, N2O) are the only cause for global warming, it IS the greatest threat we currently face, so it does not get too much coverage, but not enough.

Forests, especially tropical forests, are our most important carbon sinks, so cutting them down amplifies the problem, I totally agree on that - but again, it is all about carbon: how we can reduce our emissions and how do we get rid of the ones that are already there.

The 4 countries who currently do the most harm to our planet are: USA, China, Indonesia, Brazil. The first two because of their emissions, the last two because of their burning down the forests.

I also agree about toilet papers. They are barbarous. How can a civilization survive whose people do not recognize that you need water to clean something. I honestly do not get it - why is Western culture so hydrophobic?

Pezevenk

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2018, 05:02:31 AM »
Forget the fact that we

This has also been getting a lot of air time though...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2018, 05:45:28 AM »

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/15052018/norfolk-virginia-navy-sea-level-rise-flooding-urban-planning-poverty-coastal-resilience
Offering up a city known for sinking land and being a former swamp is not good analysis there penguin...

But you keep tryin'...although I doubt you will ever get it...

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2018, 06:06:09 AM »
Forget the fact that we
Chop down 11 million trees every DAY.
There are more trees in the US than there were 100 years ago.
This has devastated eco systems and bio diversity which has cascade effect on everything else, not limited to the fact that the absence of trees means carbon has to find another place to sink (such as the ocean).
Hyperbole.
I believe you will find nearly all printed media available is already utilizing recycled paper and has been for over twenty years.

Try again.
Why Japanese?

Is there a distinct advantage somewhere?

Reported for racism!
https://www.organiccotton.org/oc/Cotton-general/Plant-and-fibres/Plant-requirements.php
Bamboo is good because it stores water, but cotton only requires 500mm to maturity.
Like I wrote earlier, there are more trees in the US.

If you criminals living upside down can't get your shit together, ain't my fault.
Running out meme started back in the 70's when Carter the rabbit killer was in office and Chicken Little has not stopped since...

Keep right on clucking there...

A lack of truth in recognition and certainly a lack of truth in the telling...

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2018, 06:27:58 AM »

What I write is certainly not LALALA but of course you would characterize the message that way because that is what typical s----for brains do...

Simply writing "continuing activities," is typical...any activities performed by human(s) provides a benefit to human(s), even murder.

Even your lazy posting must provide you with some benefit or else you would not...

Just because I cannot identify what benefit you derive does not mean I want it cease...I happen to get great laughs from your asshattery...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:39:53 AM by totallackey »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2018, 06:57:31 AM »

Offering up a city known for sinking land and being a former swamp is not good analysis there penguin...
Doesn't "known for sinking land" and "former swamp" describe a lot of coastal cities?  Venice, Italy has been sinking for hundreds of years and they're taking sea level rise seriously.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4285386/Venice-disappear-100-years-sea-levels-rise.html

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2018, 07:27:42 AM »
Please can you stop replying to totallackey? he does not want to be educated. He knows that there is nothing to know so he will never change his mind. He will continue to say banalities and be convinced that these banalities disprove 150 years of climate science.

Isn't he one of the 3 people here who really believe that earth is flat, beside Intikam and Sandokhan? I could be wrong on that, because I never read his posts.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:45:55 AM by FalseProphet »

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2018, 09:02:50 AM »

Doesn't "known for sinking land" and "former swamp" describe a lot of coastal cities?  Venice, Italy has been sinking for hundreds of years and they're taking sea level rise seriously.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4285386/Venice-disappear-100-years-sea-levels-rise.html
I would state living on land that is sinking is something people should be more concerned with and is easily remedied.

Also "sinking," has absolutely nothing to do with climate change.
Please can you stop talking replying to totallackey? he does not want to be educated. He knows that there is nothing to know so he will never change his mind. He will continue to say banalities and be convinced that these banalities disprove 150 years of climate science.

Isn't he one of the 3 people here who really believe that earth is flat, beside Intikam and Sandokhan? I could be wrong on that, because I never read his posts.
The ability to categorize something you do not read as being banal in nature is a clear indicator your posts are meaningless claptrap from a "Henny Penny" as I stated in the first reply.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2018, 09:23:22 AM »

I would state living on land that is sinking is something people should be more concerned with and is easily remedied.
Rising sea levels make it a bit more complicated.

I didn't bring up "sinking", you did.  I'm talking about rising sea levels which is one consequence of climate change that is affecting people right now.

Pezevenk

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2018, 01:16:30 PM »
Please can you stop replying to totallackey? he does not want to be educated. He knows that there is nothing to know so he will never change his mind. He will continue to say banalities and be convinced that these banalities disprove 150 years of climate science.

I don't think he really believes the earth is flat. He's probably trolling, I mean, look at this:

Simply writing "continuing activities," is typical...any activities performed by human(s) provides a benefit to human(s), even murder.

The dude is obviously a failed Legba knock off.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2018, 02:00:12 PM »
You really can't convince some people to stop feeding the totallackey. They will reply to him every time.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2018, 02:12:11 PM »

I don't think he really believes the earth is flat. He's probably trolling, I mean, look at this:

Why? The last sentence is obviously correct. If I murder you and take away your tzatziki I benefit from this murder because I have a tzatziki.

Pezevenk

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2018, 03:23:40 PM »

Why? The last sentence is obviously correct. If I murder you and take away your tzatziki I benefit from this murder because I have a tzatziki.
It's debatable whether tzatziki is a net positive or not. I mean, it gives you a really bad breath...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2018, 04:57:57 PM »
But it is delicious!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2018, 01:56:17 AM »
But it is delicious!
I actually don't really like it and I feel like a traitor to my country.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2018, 05:02:23 AM »

Rising sea levels make it a bit more complicated.
I would think the sea levels are rising due to the land sinking, uh?

Funny how every measure of rising sea levels comes from a place where the land is sinking.
I didn't bring up "sinking", you did.  I'm talking about rising sea levels which is one consequence of climate change that is affecting people right now.
Yeah...I brought up sinking land because that is what you AGW boobs keep on tossing up for sources...

Try something concrete next time.

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2018, 05:06:35 AM »

Failed legba knockoff?

First, not a knockoff.

B, seems you perpetually have difficulty with truthful statements.

III, no one would ever consider you any sort of role model or have any desire to emulate you...must cause you a considerable amount of consternation and/or sorrow.

Butt hurt must be a constant sensation on your part, eh?

Pezevenk

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2018, 05:42:19 AM »
First, not a knockoff.
I take it you're his alt then?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2018, 06:47:52 AM »

III, no one would ever consider you any sort of role model or have any desire to emulate you...must cause you a considerable amount of consternation and/or sorrow.

Pez is one of the most respected members here.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2018, 07:31:00 AM »
You really can't convince some people to stop feeding the totallackey. They will reply to him every time.
It's fun making him dance for his treats.

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2018, 08:57:29 AM »

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2018, 08:58:43 AM »
Pez is one of the most respected members here.
Respect from hypocrites?

What exactly is that worth?

One thing about it though...The worth is not tied to inflation in that particular instance...