Half baked idea

• 9 Replies
Half baked idea
« on: January 09, 2007, 03:03:29 PM »
Hmmm... we have all been looking for a way to find proof that the earth is Flat or Round right?
I wonder if we sent the idea to the Mythbusters they might try and cook up experiments to find out.
It would be interesting to see the kind of things they might concoct and try out. I know this probably wont work out as definite proof in the end but wouldn't it be cool to get the word out there about the flat earth society? I mean if they proved the earth was flat the RE's would say something along the lines of "FE paid them off" and if they proved the earth round then the FE's would say "they are part of the conspiracy" but still it would be awesome to have us mentioned on Discovery Channel.
What are your thoughts?
quot;Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs." -Lily Tomlin
                CHILDREN OF MEN
"Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.  ~Socrates

?

discombobulator

Half baked idea
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 03:09:55 PM »
Hopefully they would pay for a large group of RE and FE'ers in a boat to Antarctica/"The Ice Wall", that would end it once and for all I'd hope.

Half baked idea
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 03:13:44 PM »
well, they are highly paid and supported by the Discovery channel i think they could do a lot with this one.
                CHILDREN OF MEN

Spacehopperjoe

• He dosnt sleep, he waits.
Half baked idea
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:30:27 PM »
Haha, would like to see you try and get all the FE people on a boat. Being told they are going to see the ice wall. They would be to parinoid of the goverment and if all of them were there.....it would only take one to say mention "goverment trap" and they would be running.

But mythbusters, yeah thoes assholes could help!
Read the FAQ first, it will save half of you looking like fools!

Half baked idea
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:41:06 PM »
assholes? what have they done to you?
secondly i think it might provide more media coverage and say attrach scientific minds to join the debate which could help in evidence for or against FE which is mutually beneficial.
                CHILDREN OF MEN

?

discombobulator

Half baked idea
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 05:00:09 PM »
I suppose it would need to be all of them, otherwise the remaining ones would simply say they were "paid off" by "the government" :-/ Okay so scratch that plan...

Unfortunately that's the only proof they would accept, that or being launched into space...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Half baked idea
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »
While I love Mythbusters, I really don't think it's something they would bother with.  Why do a show on things the general public 'know' to be true?  Plus, this site gets enough spam and trolls from the occasional listing on other websites, we really don't need to be put on TV.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Half baked idea
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 01:07:34 AM »
It's bad enough the FE'ers are in the internet, let alone TV.

Spacehopperjoe

• He dosnt sleep, he waits.
Half baked idea
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 01:47:21 AM »
Haha, so its agreed. We try and get the mythbuster team!!!
Read the FAQ first, it will save half of you looking like fools!

Half baked idea
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 02:23:28 AM »
lol, i dont know that the mythbusters could actually resolve it because there was an episode i saw where they apparently "Busted" the myth that a high speed wire could cut a body in half (like in die hard 3 when bruce willis & samuel L. jackson jump onto the ship off the bridge & some bad guy gets sliced by a broken cable).  But it is possible, they just didnt try hard enough.  Maybe it'd be different with the FE theory if they got scientists in for help....they'd have to be pretty darn thorough though, no slacking off!
care to take a gander at my Haemorrhoids?