Diet and Fitness

• 17 Replies

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
Diet and Fitness
« on: August 23, 2018, 01:52:00 PM »
Any of you guys into diet and fitness?

Allowing myself to fall way off the rails, I've been making some great personal progress... even SCG is starting to wink at me when I walk by... and Jane... jesus lady, not in public

No but seriously, stop winking at me.

Anyways, I'm just curious if anyone else is into excersize and diet
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Diet and Fitness
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 02:04:33 PM »
I've started to exercise quite a bit more now and I try to eat better. The thing is, I used to be fat. And then I decided I'd stop being fat, and what I did (apart from exercise) was stop eating at evenings. It's the simplest way, you don't have to change any eating habits, you just eat one meal less. And it worked, but coincidentally around that time I got pretty depressed which lasted a few years. That was really bad for my appetite, and I ended up becoming pretty skinny and people started noticing eventually, and I realized it would get unhealthy. Now I'm feeling better in general and I try to eat more than I used to to put some weight back.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

RocketSauce

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 02:25:35 PM »
I am trying to start intermittent fasting... but I have to battle my will power to not grub before I leave for work (which my favorite time killer)

I did a sloppy keto diet (I was in keto most hours of most days) for over a year which helped me eat less and lose over 70lbs.

Since the weather got nice, I'm working out more.... which SCG really seems to like... stop it... 

But if you cant be fat adapted, controlled fasting could be painful. I'm eating more starch now, but I try to make them more resistant (cooked than cooled)

*fact*

Shifter

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 05:53:22 PM »
I sit on my arse at work for 12 hours a day and sleep for at least another 6-7 hours. I've lost around 8kgs (17.6lbs) in 2 months.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

NotSoSkeptical

• Flatness as in the shape of a water droplet.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »

Allowing myself to fall way off the rails, I've been making some great personal progress... even SCG is starting to wink at me when I walk by... and Jane... jesus lady, not in public

I'm on the bacon diet.

I used to work out regularly, but haven't been to the gym in a while.
Rabinoz RIP

Pezevenk

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:06:04 AM »
I sit on my arse at work for 12 hours a day and sleep for at least another 6-7 hours. I've lost around 8kgs (17.6lbs) in 2 months.
Τhat sounds dangerous, you should probably see a doctor.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Shifter

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 07:30:51 AM »

I eat f all to do it. You know I don't even get a lunch break where I can stretch my legs. I have to pace up and down the little office like a bored senseless zoo animal for that.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Pezevenk

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 12:17:19 PM »

I eat f all to do it. You know I don't even get a lunch break where I can stretch my legs. I have to pace up and down the little office like a bored senseless zoo animal for that.
How much do you weigh and what's your height?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

RocketSauce

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 01:54:44 PM »

What are you eating?

*fact*

RocketSauce

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 01:55:46 PM »

I'm on the bacon diet.

I used to work out regularly, but haven't been to the gym in a while.

There seems to be something to the carnivor diet. Check out Shawbn Baker

*fact*

RocketSauce

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 02:00:06 PM »

I don't know what your work is, but if you are busy for that 12 hours, and not consuming... even on your ass you'll lose weight... but if you can, I would def. Recommend a 25 pushup break every hour, with some air squats

*fact*

Shifter

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 07:13:59 PM »

How much do you weigh and what's your height?

I am 178cm (5'11) and the highest I have weighed is 85kgs. I am now 75.5kgs. I want to get to 70kgs and start again from there. I'm not 'fat' but I do have that 'dad bod'. At 85kg I had to have my size 34 pants unbuttoned like a fat bastard. Gross. I refuse to go to size 36 as that would condition me into a new level of fat acceptance. So rather than buy a new wardrobe to accommodate a shitty diet and lifestyle, I'll maintain it by losing the weight.

Exercise is also more annoying for me as I have a subluxed hip. Repetitious or any weight bearing movements on it just exasperate the arthritis. So if I want to lose weight, it is far easier to subtract 500-1000 calories a day from my diet than slogging it out at a gym

Of course, building muscle mass would make things a shit load easier as having more muscle would give me a much greater Basal Metabolic Rate.

I don't know what your work is, but if you are busy for that 12 hours, and not consuming... even on your ass you'll lose weight... but if you can, I would def. Recommend a 25 pushup break every hour, with some air squats

I'm not busy for any of the 12 hours  :'( I do try and bust a few pushups out a few times a day or even hide behind a corner and jog on the spot lol. I also park over 1km from work but that is mostly to avoid paying for parking  :P

As for what I eat when I'm on the downward slide of the yo yo, I have porridge for breakfast, a meal replacement low carb shake for lunch and soup or a small sized dinner. In addition to the usual supplements of vitamins, minerals, calcium and especially potassium. No way anyone gets enough of that even on a good diet let alone a 'diet' diet.

Know your place

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 12:41:06 AM »
Fatty. 

Shifter

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 01:13:58 AM »
Fatty.

I know right? Hence the diet  ::)

Know your place

Pezevenk

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 01:19:20 AM »
Fatty.

You're not that fat, your diet sounds pretty unhealthy. Losing 6kg in 2 months without exercising doesn't sound very good for you.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Shifter

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 01:25:10 AM »
Fatty.

You're not that fat, your diet sounds pretty unhealthy. Losing 6kg in 2 months without exercising doesn't sound very good for you.

My diet is suffient in vitamins, minerals, proteins, fibre (psyllium husk yeich) and potassium.

I went full keto/calorie restriction once. Lost 15kg in 2 months. Same lack of exercise. When you eat literally less than 10g carbs every day and zero sugar. You literally have no appetite and the diet is easy to do.

I haven't shunned carbs this time so it's actually harder for 2 reasons. It's taking longer and I'm always hungry lol

Know your place

Pezevenk

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 01:32:19 AM »
I went full keto/calorie restriction once. Lost 15kg in 2 months. Same lack of exercise.
That sounds even unhealthier. If you're fasting yourself you're going to mess up your metabolism and appettite. Also you're gonna lose a whole lot of muscle. Also losing that much fat so fast will probably make your skin hang which won't look very good. You're not obese, you don't need to be doing this.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

RocketSauce

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 04:15:31 AM »
I went full keto/calorie restriction once. Lost 15kg in 2 months. Same lack of exercise.
That sounds even unhealthier. If you're fasting yourself you're going to mess up your metabolism and appettite. Also you're gonna lose a whole lot of muscle. Also losing that much fat so fast will probably make your skin hang which won't look very good. You're not obese, you don't need to be doing this.

Not necessarily... muscle is tricky... let's say you were able to bench 225 lbs in high school and you didnt touch your chest muscles again for a couple years... it would not take long at all before you could bench 225 again, because the foundation is there... (in general) but to bench 300 would take much more work, because you have to build new muscle for that instead of reconditioning the old muscle.

Your body doesnt really burn muscle for energy unless it has to. Carbs, fat then protein... if you are doing a marathon run, (for example) you burn the carbs first... now, because a marathon jog is low intensity, and because you are a trained athlete, your body starts burning fat... and can burn enough fat fast enough to keep up with the demand of the jog...  but if you start doing sprints or high intensity shit, you will start out pacing the fat burn... in general... but even then, eating protein will bring it back I  no time flat.

As far as losing weight while fasting or eating less, unlike pez I'm all for it... I'd even encourage you to drop the porridge and go into an intermittent fast cycle with low carb.

I don't have the arthritis, but there seems to be a bunch of anecdotal evidence that a carnivor diet kicks arthritis in the balls.

Carbs are bad... mkay?

I am playing with resistant starches now though...

Anywho everything I've said above is how I understand it... not looking for a vegan style argument.

I love being keto though
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 04:18:53 AM by RocketSauce »

*fact*