• 108 Replies

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
Re: Jordan Peterson... thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2018, 04:37:52 PM »
The video Pez posted and you said you were going to watch.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

RocketSauce

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2018, 04:46:13 PM »
The video Pez posted and you said you were going to watch.

Skim... which I did... which I fear is more than he did with the video i posted... i skipped the first minute or so... 20 minutes, let's get to it

*fact*

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2018, 01:44:50 AM »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2018, 01:46:28 AM »
So you are dismissing everything else he is saying based on what... that Jordan Peterson was trying to make up a description of the IDW (a made up term by dudes in their circle) as early adopter of Podcasts for long form discussions on controversial topics?

Seems to be a little simplistic of a hang-up for you... not too dissimilar from dismissing what someone has said due to a typo, or by speaking in generalities to save time... but, hey... that is your point to make...

Nah, I'm not dismissing him. I just noted it because I found it odd. I didn't watch the rest because I didn't have time. I may get to it eventually.

Btw, I've linked to this again, this video is the funniest response to JP I've watched to this date:

Even if you disagree you gotta at least admit it's funny!

28 fucking minutes? Seriously bro?

I'll skim through your video if you watch the original video at the top...

Okay, well this is what the problem is... because he is fighting "speech laws" the LGBT thinks he is targeting them... he isn't against trans people by any means... he is against the government passing speech laws
If you want to skip to something, skip to about 8 minutes in.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2018, 01:52:14 AM »
Anyways I did watch it, I didn't know he's buddies with Ben Shapiro, he annoys me even more now.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2018, 08:01:22 AM »
Contra is a flake.
What's a flake?

Slang for ditz, crazy, eccentric, etc. Contra sympathizes with incels now.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2018, 10:08:38 AM »
Contra is a flake.
What's a flake?

Did you watch the video or did you just hear from someone that "Contra sympathizes with incels"? Honest question. Because it's definitely not what someone who watched it would take away from the video. I do agree with the kinda crazy part but just saying she sympathizes with incels like that is a pretty bad representation of the video. I mean... the whole video is mostly about how bad these communities are...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2018, 10:15:33 AM »
28 fucking minutes? Seriously bro?
It's pretty funny and watchable.

Okay, well this is what the problem is... because he is fighting "speech laws" the LGBT thinks he is targeting them...
If you watch the video it has nothing to do with that.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »
Contra is a flake.
What's a flake?

Did you watch the video or did you just hear from someone that "Contra sympathizes with incels"? Honest question. Because it's definitely not what someone who watched it would take away from the video. I do agree with the kinda crazy part but just saying she sympathizes with incels like that is a pretty bad representation of the video. I mean... the whole video is mostly about how bad these communities are...

I've seen the video. I've got to say it was fair and nuanced. That is one very strange subculture.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Pezevenk

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2018, 11:18:49 AM »
Contra is a flake.
What's a flake?

I've seen the video. I've got to say it was fair and nuanced. That is one very strange subculture.
Yeah, I definitely agree, it was a very fair video and one of the best on the subject. I've recently gained interest on the whole phenomenon and have been "researching" the whole subculture.  The video pretty much nails it.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2018, 11:28:07 AM »
I'm not watching Contra's video again, because then my recommends are filled with his videos.

Pezevenk

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2018, 11:40:22 AM »
Lol you can click "not interested", it usually stops recommending you videos you don't want to see. Usually. I still sometimes get alt right videos recommended to me for some reason, because, you know, youtube is shilling for the left and trying to decrease exposure of right wing ideas.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

RocketSauce

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »
Anyways I did watch it, I didn't know he's buddies with Ben Shapiro, he annoys me even more now.

Ben doesnt bother me... but I don't care for his show... crowder is funny... Gavin is good on rogan, not so much his own thing. 

Watch Dan pena on rogan if you ever want to feel like you waisted your lifes potential

*fact*

Pezevenk

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2018, 01:09:11 AM »
Why would it make me feel that?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

RocketSauce

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »
Why would it make me feel that?

That is how he makes me feel...

This dude is just... go go go do do do

*fact*

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2020, 05:20:39 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5bv3x/penguin-random-house-staff-confront-publisher-about-new-jordan-peterson-book

Penguin Random House Staff Confront Publisher About New Jordan Peterson Book
During a tense town hall, staff cried and expressed dismay with the publishing giant's decision to publish 'Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life.'

Several Penguin Random House Canada employees confronted management about the company’s decision to publish a new book by controversial Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson at an emotional town hall Monday, and dozens more have filed anonymous complaints, according to four workers who spoke to VICE World News.

On Monday, Penguin Random House Canada, Canada’s largest book publisher and a subsidiary of Penguin Random House, announced it will be publishing Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life by Peterson, to be released in March 2021. The book will be published by Portfolio in the U.S. and Penguin Press in the U.K., both part of the Penguin Random House empire.

Four Penguin Random House Canada employees, who did not want to be named due to concerns over their employment, said the company held a town hall about the book Monday, during which executives defended the decision to publish Peterson while employees cited their concerns about platforming someone who is popular in far-right circles.

“He is an icon of hate speech and transphobia and the fact that he’s an icon of white supremacy, regardless of the content of his book, I’m not proud to work for a company that publishes him,” a junior employee who is a member of the LGBTQ community and who attended the town hall told VICE World News.

Another employee said “people were crying in the meeting about how Jordan Peterson has affected their lives.” They said one co-worker discussed how Peterson had radicalized their father and another talked about how publishing the book will negatively affect their non-binary friend.

Jordan Peterson should send Vice and the crying Canadians a thank you card. This will ensure his (probably very boring) book becomes a bestseller.

Stash

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2020, 05:55:43 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5bv3x/penguin-random-house-staff-confront-publisher-about-new-jordan-peterson-book

Penguin Random House Staff Confront Publisher About New Jordan Peterson Book
During a tense town hall, staff cried and expressed dismay with the publishing giant's decision to publish 'Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life.'

Several Penguin Random House Canada employees confronted management about the company’s decision to publish a new book by controversial Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson at an emotional town hall Monday, and dozens more have filed anonymous complaints, according to four workers who spoke to VICE World News.

On Monday, Penguin Random House Canada, Canada’s largest book publisher and a subsidiary of Penguin Random House, announced it will be publishing Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life by Peterson, to be released in March 2021. The book will be published by Portfolio in the U.S. and Penguin Press in the U.K., both part of the Penguin Random House empire.

Four Penguin Random House Canada employees, who did not want to be named due to concerns over their employment, said the company held a town hall about the book Monday, during which executives defended the decision to publish Peterson while employees cited their concerns about platforming someone who is popular in far-right circles.

“He is an icon of hate speech and transphobia and the fact that he’s an icon of white supremacy, regardless of the content of his book, I’m not proud to work for a company that publishes him,” a junior employee who is a member of the LGBTQ community and who attended the town hall told VICE World News.

Another employee said “people were crying in the meeting about how Jordan Peterson has affected their lives.” They said one co-worker discussed how Peterson had radicalized their father and another talked about how publishing the book will negatively affect their non-binary friend.

Jordan Peterson should send Vice and the crying Canadians a thank you card. This will ensure his (probably very boring) book becomes a bestseller.

Any publicity is good publicity.

Isn't Peterson the guy who last year or so went to Sweden or somewhere to partake in an opioid addiction "cleanse" where you get put into a coma for a week or so to get past withdrawals...And the treatment really screwed him up. Or am I confusing him with another guy?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2020, 06:15:58 PM »
I think he was addicted to Xanax and he went to Russia. They put him in a coma! He was very ill for a long time.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2020, 06:29:54 PM »
I recall one of his kids was in some kind of situation that prompted him to get on antidepressants or something.  I guess he got hooked on it.  Understandable but very much against his brand.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2020, 06:43:03 PM »
Benzos are bad.

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2020, 01:25:06 AM »
I recall one of his kids was in some kind of situation that prompted him to get on antidepressants or something.  I guess he got hooked on it.  Understandable but very much against his brand.
Yep, so was going for quack treatment in Russia.

https://newrepublic.com/article/156829/happened-jordan-peterson

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2020, 01:48:04 AM »
Also, "Twelve more rules for life"?

Might as well call it "I've Just had a Big Tax Bill".  Or "My Publisher Says I Need to Milk it While Still Famous"

Stash

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2020, 10:33:58 AM »
According to an advance copy, the first rule in his new book is, "Don't do that Russian coma shit to get off Benzos. It'll fuck you up."

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2020, 10:41:00 AM »
He's fine. He's got some interesting interviews and says some cool stuff from time to time.
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

Pezevenk

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2020, 10:56:12 AM »
Ι've paid attention to the Jordan Peterson saga. It's weirder than that.

One thing that may have caused him grief was his wife's trial with cancer, but I'm not sure if he was already taking benzos before that. But his daughter is batshit crazy, she got him and her mother too on some weird ass diet that consists of nothing but meat, salt and I guess some bread every now and then. She even released books like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Jordan-Mikhaila-Peterson-Depression-Transcripts/dp/946398061X

Yes, that's a real book with a real cover.

By the way, she married a weird Russian Stalin lover who believes he is possessed by a demon called Igor who now manages JP's brand (no, I am not making this up, plus he looks normal in comparison) and had a kid with him and then she almost immediately dumped him. I think it was around that time that JP ended up in the weird Moscow clinic in medically induced coma for some fucking reason. Then his daughter started dating Andrew Tate, who is basically a kickboxing champion/camgirl pimp/abuser who managed to get kicked from Big Brother (and is ALSO completely insane, just check his twitter: https://twitter.com/OfWudan). I guess he was too insane even for her because it didn't last very long, because eventually she got back to her slightly less insane husband, and then JP got out of the crank clinic. So all was well. Until they got COVID. I'm almost convinced Zizek hexxed him with some kind of ancient Slovenian curse.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:09:00 AM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2020, 12:30:46 PM »
His new book is #1 in the philosophy of ethics & morality category, and #6 in all books on Amazon right now.

Cry some more, crybullies!

Pezevenk

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »
His new book is #1 in the philosophy of ethics & morality category, and #6 in all books on Amazon right now.

Cry some more, crybullies!
I mean, he's Jordan Peterson, he has a massive following, of course this would happen lol

Although it is super weird they are buying a self help book from someone who really needs help. But garbage books sell more, so eh.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2020, 03:18:12 PM »
I think it's super weird that they want to ban books, this used to be a thing the conservative Christians tried to do.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2020, 03:27:28 PM »
Ι've paid attention to the Jordan Peterson saga. It's weirder than that.

One thing that may have caused him grief was his wife's trial with cancer, but I'm not sure if he was already taking benzos before that. But his daughter is batshit crazy, she got him and her mother too on some weird ass diet that consists of nothing but meat, salt and I guess some bread every now and then. She even released books like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Jordan-Mikhaila-Peterson-Depression-Transcripts/dp/946398061X

Yes, that's a real book with a real cover.

By the way, she married a weird Russian Stalin lover who believes he is possessed by a demon called Igor who now manages JP's brand (no, I am not making this up, plus he looks normal in comparison) and had a kid with him and then she almost immediately dumped him. I think it was around that time that JP ended up in the weird Moscow clinic in medically induced coma for some fucking reason. Then his daughter started dating Andrew Tate, who is basically a kickboxing champion/camgirl pimp/abuser who managed to get kicked from Big Brother (and is ALSO completely insane, just check his twitter: https://twitter.com/OfWudan). I guess he was too insane even for her because it didn't last very long, because eventually she got back to her slightly less insane husband, and then JP got out of the crank clinic. So all was well. Until they got COVID. I'm almost convinced Zizek hexxed him with some kind of ancient Slovenian curse.

This sounds like an orgy of poor decision making more than anything.

That book cover is... very weird. So many strange decisions.