NASA filming in a "hollywood studio"?

• 106 Replies
NASA filming in a "hollywood studio"?
« on: August 12, 2018, 08:16:10 PM »
Flat-earthers often say that NASA fakes being in space by just recording underwater or in a zero-gravity plane.
Besides the obvious, there are two things completely wrong with that statement.

1. If they were filmed underwater, the astronauts would look wet or have water on them, yet they don't. For example, with female astronauts when they are moving through space, their hair never appears to be wet or damp. There are also never any air bubbles coming off of the astronauts while in space.

2. If they we filmed in a zero-gravity plane, there would be constant cuts in NASA footage and astronauts would have to make constant adjustments. Zero-gravity planes only give about 30 seconds of reduced gravity or weightlessness yet NASA has live streams and interviews that go on for hours with astronauts who are experiencing zero-gravity and have no problems while doing so.

Where is this evidence of NASA "faking" being in space?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 08:38:21 PM by ThatsInteresting »
If the answer is so clear and simple, I don't see why it takes all of this back and forth nonsense. Just give an answer with valid proof behind it.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: NASA filming in a "hollywood studio"?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 12:25:34 AM »
You forgot:

3. CGI

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 12:47:01 AM »
True, flat-earthers can say that NASA did it with CGI but since NASA does things like live streams and live interviews, there's really no way to edit footage that quickly with such great quality that would convince anyone of it is true.
If the answer is so clear and simple, I don't see why it takes all of this back and forth nonsense. Just give an answer with valid proof behind it.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 01:03:04 AM »
True, flat-earthers can say that NASA did it with CGI but since NASA does things like live streams and live interviews, there's really no way to edit footage that quickly with such great quality that would convince anyone of it is true.

There is no way to tell when the live stream was recorded.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 02:01:05 AM »

You can verify where the ISS station is, both objectively and personal. The ISS has its own tracker to show where it is at. You yourself can also verify NASA's tracking system, look up and see the ISS with your own eyes. Plus there have been live interviews where they interact with other people.

Even if they were "CGI", they still face the 2 other problems I brought up previously.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 02:02:05 AM »

I believe the 1965 footage was recorded in 1965.

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 03:01:26 AM »
Even with today's technology, there is no way that CGI is able to get through the uncanny valley and deliver something that is so convincing that we accept it as true. No way.
Be gentle

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 04:17:19 AM »
Flat-earthers often say that NASA fakes being in space by just recording underwater or in a zero-gravity plane.
Besides the obvious, there are two things completely wrong with that statement.

1. If they were filmed underwater, the astronauts would look wet or have water on them, yet they don't. For example, with female astronauts when they are moving through space, their hair never appears to be wet or damp. There are also never any air bubbles coming off of the astronauts while in space.
Maybe that's because "astronauts while in space" wear "space suits" so their hair would never contact space or water.
But there is an easy way to tell if the astronaut in in a neutral buoyancy tank or in space,  see:

Thomas Pesquet EVA training in Neutral Buoyancy Tank.

Thomas Pesquet in spacewalk from the ISS.
Notice the difference in the relative sizes of Thomas Pesquet's head in the two photos.
The water on the outside and air on the inside of his helmet makes a concave lens.

Quote from: ThatsInteresting
2. If they we filmed in a zero-gravity plane, there would be constant cuts in NASA footage and astronauts would have to make constant adjustments. Zero-gravity planes only give about 30 seconds of reduced gravity or weightlessness yet NASA has live streams and interviews that go on for hours with astronauts who are experiencing zero-gravity and have no problems while doing so.
That would be hard to fake.

Where is this evidence of NASA "faking" being in space?

?

dutchy

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 11:53:23 AM »
The most funniest thing is when astronauts go ‘outside’.
Always tightening some ‘bolt and nut’  during undertakings that last for hours.
During the Apollo moon missions with ultra thin and shaky constructions, nothing broke down not even during impact of the landing.
But in the ISS the ‘Bob the builder’ scenes guaranty some good tv, more so because the general people know that they can die while tightening ‘stuff’ with their spaycy screwdrivers.

People believe these are real event like the live peformance between space guitar guy and band earth......there is no boundary whatsoever to sell ‘space’.
It doesn’t matter how it looks, what outragious claims are made, what utter garbage they show, it will always be considered real outerspace events and pictures.

Now i’ll have to wait till Rabinoz & co will cry faul  ;D ;D

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 01:53:10 PM »
But in the ISS the ‘Bob the builder’ scenes guaranty some good tv, more so because the general people know that they can die while tightening ‘stuff’ with their spaycy screwdrivers.
You're right! It does make for good tv. It's amazing to be able to watch humans suspended in space 400 km above the globe tightening stuff. It's incredible!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 02:35:43 PM »

It's amazing to be able to watch humans suspended in space 400 km above the globe tightening stuff. It's incredible!

WOW, that's awesome! I've only seen it on television.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 02:38:28 PM »
WOW, that's awesome! I've only seen it on television.
I know! It is awesome.

JackBlack

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 03:39:01 PM »
Always tightening some ‘bolt and nut’  during undertakings that last for hours.
During the Apollo moon missions with ultra thin and shaky constructions, nothing broke down not even during impact of the landing.
The Apollo moon missions used objects constructed on Earth and then in service in space for a short period of time.
The ISS has been in space for a much longer period of time.
As such, the ISS is much more likely to need maintenance.

Also, during the Apollo missions various things broke. In one, they aborted the primary mission due to a failure in the life support systems.
In another, they broke a camera by pointing it at the sun.

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 08:18:13 PM »
Maybe that's because "astronauts while in space" wear "space suits" so their hair would never contact space or water.
But there is an easy way to tell if the astronaut in in a neutral buoyancy tank or in space,  see:

Thomas Pesquet EVA training in Neutral Buoyancy Tank.

Thomas Pesquet in spacewalk from the ISS.
Notice the difference in the relative sizes of Thomas Pesquet's head in the two photos.
The water on the outside and air on the inside of his helmet makes a concave lens.

That would be hard to fake.

I know that flat-earthers might believe that NASA films their footage underwater with their space suits.
What I meant was that if flat-earthers were to deny that fact that it would be impossible to film in a zero-gravity plane and instead say that they filmed in underwater; that wouldn't be possible because you'd be able to tell that they were wet.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 08:42:37 PM »
I know that flat-earthers might believe that NASA films their footage underwater with their space suits.
What I meant was that if flat-earthers were to deny that fact that it would be impossible to film in a zero-gravity plane and instead say that they filmed in underwater; that wouldn't be possible because you'd be able to tell that they were wet.
Yes, they have claimed that. It's just that I thought your "wet hair" reasoning would have soon have been dismissed.

JackBlack

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »
One big issue is what people think "wet" things look like.
Most of the time it doesn't look like that because it is wet, but because it has a small amount of water while being surrounded in air, creating a surface or interface between the water and air.

Hair is a good example. When people think of wet hair they think of it being dark and sticking together, but that is entirely due to the air-water interface. The hair sticks together like 2 tiny water droplets merge and stick together because they want to minimise the area of the interface with the air.
When you are underwater that surface doesn't exist near your hair and thus doesn't stick your hair together.

For the most part, underwater and dry look quite similar.
The killer is when they aren't wearing the suit and are breathing, which they can't do underwater without something to let them breathe.
And that under water, things aren't weightless.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 04:53:31 AM »
You're right! It does make for good tv. It's amazing to be able to watch humans suspended in space 400 km above the globe tightening stuff. It's incredible!
This is spoken like a truly brainwashed shill, pitiful.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 10:41:31 AM »

You keep shilling for the Bible and I’ll keep shilling for science.

Now, back to reality:

1) To Jack’s point, there’s no visible breathing apparatus, so no, they are not under water.

2) The vomit comet parabolic flights can’t sustain weightlessness for longer than 45 seconds max. Many, many videos of humans floating in the ISS last for 10’s of minutes if not longer. So, no, it’s not the vom-com.

3) CGI. Not currently advanced enough to be as convincing as many of the videos from the ISS. And if you know anything about CGI, due to render times, we currently don’t have the technology to simulate weightlessness live for such extended durations shown in ISS footage. So no, it’s not CGI.

Here’s where someone would say, “Well maybe NASA has some secret CGI technology.” I would say, “Maybe NASA has not so secret technology that can put humans in space and have been doing so for 50+ years."

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 11:14:10 AM »

You keep shilling for the Bible and I’ll keep shilling for science.

Now, back to reality:

1) To Jack’s point, there’s no visible breathing apparatus, so no, they are not under water.

2) The vomit comet parabolic flights can’t sustain weightlessness for longer than 45 seconds max. Many, many videos of humans floating in the ISS last for 10’s of minutes if not longer. So, no, it’s not the vom-com.

3) CGI. Not currently advanced enough to be as convincing as many of the videos from the ISS. And if you know anything about CGI, due to render times, we currently don’t have the technology to simulate weightlessness live for such extended durations shown in ISS footage. So no, it’s not CGI.

Here’s where someone would say, “Well maybe NASA has some secret CGI technology.” I would say, “Maybe NASA has not so secret technology that can put humans in space and have been doing so for 50+ years."

1.   Haaaahaha.   You dhouldve started it with a "dafuq?" for added flare.

2. 45 sec - could it not be spliced?   Atomic blond and Bushwick style.   

?

dutchy

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 11:36:22 AM »
Now, back to reality:

Ahhh you sound like SG Collins commenting on Apollo and how the technologies to fake such an event were not available in 1969..... and he could have known as the expert he presented himself on youtube.
It turned out he was an insignificant ‘light guy’ in the film industry who knew as much or as little about the technologies available to NASA in 1969 as average Joe.
But all the mainstream news sites were publishing mister ‘Apollo expert’s ‘ view ;D ;D ;D
I think it was the artistic hat that SG Collins put on that did the trick......

Many video’s out there show that in the ISS most ‘tricks’ are indeed fakery based on film layers and augmented reality.
These have been presented many times, so do your own research.

Likewise with a top illusionist, his tricks seem like magic or demon possessed because people have no clue what just happened right in front of their noses.

Do you really think the cannot fake some images from ‘weighless motion and tricks ‘ ?

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »
Now, back to reality:

Ahhh you sound like SG Collins commenting on Apollo and how the technologies to fake such an event were not available in 1969..... and he could have known as the expert he presented himself on youtube.
It turned out he was an insignificant ‘light guy’ in the film industry who knew as much or as little about the technologies available to NASA in 1969 as average Joe.
But all the mainstream news sites were publishing mister ‘Apollo expert’s ‘ view ;D ;D ;D
I think it was the artistic hat that SG Collins put on that did the trick......

Many video’s out there show that in the ISS most ‘tricks’ are indeed fakery based on film layers and augmented reality.
These have been presented many times, so do your own research.

Likewise with a top illusionist, his tricks seem like magic or demon possessed because people have no clue what just happened right in front of their noses.

Do you really think the cannot fake some images from ‘weighless motion and tricks ‘ ?

"Round earth can't be true because: Magic" -dutchy

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 12:44:04 PM »

Sure they could. But not all and certainly not on the scale of the 100’s of hours of ISS footage.

Take for example the movie “The Martian”. The FX post production schedule was 24 weeks and that was tight. Half a dozen graphics houses involved. For example, simply removing a space suit helmet visor and digitally replacing it so the reflections wouldn’t show the green screens and other earthly artifacts for a 10 second shot would have to render overnight.

If you applied a modicum of logic to this and spent a little less time gazing at conspiracy nonsense on YouTube, you would realize the technology just isn’t there to fake the countless hours of ISS footage, let alone anything live.

JackBlack

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 02:34:43 PM »
No. Many denier's claims have got manipulated footage which they manipulate themselves, with this mysteriously absent in the originals.

The insane part is claiming that they have this massively advanced technology which lets them fake these things perfectly, yet don't have the much simpler technology to go to space.
It is claiming NASA is super advanced, but horribly primitive at the same time.
It makes no sense.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 03:17:49 PM »
Agreed.  I find watching space walks to be long and tedious.  They move so slowly that it seems to take forever to get anything done.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

dutchy

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 03:33:35 PM »
No. Many denier's claims have got manipulated footage which they manipulate themselves, with this mysteriously absent in the originals.

The insane part is claiming that they have this massively advanced technology which lets them fake these things perfectly, yet don't have the much simpler technology to go to space.
It makes no sense.
Firstly, if you claim they never wear a harnass to do their backflips you're beyond denial and i see no reason to discuss this specific element any further with you.....
Secondly....
The 'much simpler technology to go to space' ?

Why are there still no civilians in space ?
You know civilians loaded with money and willing to pay since 1990 when the first promisses were made !!!
The money is there, the willingness, but appearently the technology to go to space is exclusively used to bring certain freemasons aka astronauts into space....
Even my fellow countryman and former astronaut André Kuipers is acquainted with freemasonry..... all of them are.

Yeah it is fairly easy to go to space  ;D ;D ;D
If you are dead and burried the world is still waiting for some real civilians to check out certain things in space......
Continue to follow the carrot.... which the donkey will never reach....
Deep down you know this to be true !
Space 1999, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, Blake's seven etc.....
Nothing happened and will happen...... we are rightfully stucked to earth by our creator for good reason !

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 03:51:36 PM »

It makes no sense.
Firstly, if you claim they never wear a harnass to do their backflips you're beyond denial and i see no reason to discuss this specific element any further with you.....
Secondly....

You know civilians loaded with money and willing to pay since 1990 when the first promisses were made !!!
The money is there, the willingness, but appearently the technology to go to space is exclusively used to bring certain freemasons aka astronauts into space....
Even my fellow countryman and former astronaut André Kuipers is acquainted with freemasonry..... all of them are.

Yeah it is fairly easy to go to space  ;D ;D ;D
If you are dead and burried the world is still waiting for some real civilians to check out certain things in space......
Continue to follow the carrot.... which the donkey will never reach....
Space 1999, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, Blake's seven etc.....
Nothing happened and will happen...... we are rightfully stucked to earth by our creator for good reason !

Thanks for this thrilling, exhaustive, and deft exposition. Chock full of evidence, data, all of which, irrefutable.

Btw, your creator was a Freemason.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »
Now, back to reality:

No, you claimed that "It turned out he was an insignificant ‘light guy’ in the film industry who knew as much or as little about the technologies available to NASA in 1969 as average Joe." That is a totally different matter.
Do you really know any more "about the technologies available to NASA in 1969 as average Joe"? You were not around in the 1960s so all you do is guess.

Here's some copy-n-paste that you love (but it's sure better than a pretender like you):
Quote from: Inanimate Carbon Rod
Uh oh! Jarrah's mad at SG Collins! « on: March 28, 2013, 03:03:57 PM »
Remember SG Collins, the guy who did the YouTube video claiming it was impossible to fake the moon landings with 1960's technology? Well he has an interesting and thoughtful reply to Jarrah, who attacked him in a recent video, and discusses, amongst other things, the hammer drop, thoughts on slow motion playback and the general lunar hoax movement.

(At 9:50 he references "Live TV from the Moon")
And just because it's great, here's SG Collins original:
Thanks for bringing that up, much appreciated.

JackBlack

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 09:55:52 PM »
So I either blindly accept your claims, or you just dismiss me?
How about you provide evidence?

Yes.
A rocket, with various life support equipment.

Define civilian?
From what I have seen people affiliated with space in any way are deemed to be "in on the conspiracy" and thus dismissed as not a civilian.

the technology to go to space is exclusively used to bring certain freemasons aka astronauts into space....
Anyone who goes to space is an astronaut, with the exceptions of the Russians that want to call themselves cosmonauts.
So if you require it to not be an astronaut, then you have set it up to be impossible.
If you don't require that, then what about Toyohiro Akiyama?

Deep down I know you to be spouting pure garbage, just trolling.
You have no justification for any of your claims.

we are rightfully stucked to earth by our creator for good reason !
Because this creator is an evil prick that doesn't want people going to space?
There is no reason to think there is any magic creator.
How about you try rational thought rather than religious nonsense?

?

dutchy

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 05:47:09 AM »
So I either blindly accept your claims, or you just dismiss me?
How about you provide evidence?
Hahaha and listen to your explanations about compression anomalies that occur and other moronic excuses ?
It tried to convince some members why an inter active performance between the ISS guitar hero Chris Hadfield, band earth + choir was a pre recorded event instead of a live event as the tv host and members over here initially claimed.....
It's part of the job i do, so mostly hear immidiatly what live music is and pre recorded stuff and the behaviour of sound in general.
I gave up eventually because one cannot fight such forms of ignorance..... sadly.
If you believe all is real in the numerous ISS footage,... that they never fool the general public with blue and green screen technology, cgi, augmented reality, harnasses and more it's your choice but the floodgates of proof to the contrary are wide open.....
But a re-run of the same old arguments ? No thanks.......
Define civilian?
One without any form of lasting pre indoctrination from space agencies.
All Apollo rhetoric, emblems, numerology, dates and events show the connection with the occult and freemasonry.
Only fools think freemasons are enthousiastic men who like to read books and discuss philosophical matters behind closed doors.
The list of freemasons among Apollo astronauts or their direct relatives is bloody obvious.
Deep down I know you to be spouting pure garbage, just trolling.
You have no justification for any of your claims.
It's the total opposite,..... two totalitarian regimes known for crimes against humanity on a huge scale started a 'space race' claiming all sorts of outlandish claims as they took it to another level of deception.
It was supposedly all true and by the end of the century 'we' would could go to the moon on vacation ourselves.....
Despite ongoing private rocket company's claims nothing happened and you and i can never really varify any claim they made or make about outerspace.
So who is claiming the absurd ?
It's not my fault you fell in love with their placebo reality dressed up with fancy jargon !
Because this creator is an evil prick that doesn't want people going to space?
There is no reason to think there is any magic creator.
How about you try rational thought rather than religious nonsense?
This creator wants us to clean up our extremely dirty room first before we want to play outside......
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:49:53 AM by dutchy »

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 07:03:28 AM »
Explain how this could be faked...

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.