Werepenguins 3: The Penguining

• 910 Replies

boydster

• Planar Moderator
Re: Werepenguins 3: The Penguining
« Reply #690 on: August 16, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »
There is only one Turkish person here, true? So saying "The Turk" clearly refers to a specific person, true?

Turk is not derogatory in Turkey is it? If it is, I need to reevaluate. It's not derogatory in the US.
Werepenguin: Bodysnatcher
It's a new twist on a classic. Are you ready for it?
https://werepenguin.space/index.php?topic=78.0

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Best Ever Scientist
« Reply #691 on: August 16, 2018, 11:55:07 AM »
There is only one Turkish person here, true? So saying "The Turk" clearly refers to a specific person, true?

Turk is not derogatory in Turkey is it? If it is, I need to reevaluate. It's not derogatory in the US.

He is talking to me. The Turk defines someone out. Oh come on, don't try to teach me English. I know the difference of Turk and the Turk, and how you call someone inside or outside. You can call me as "Turk" when you talk with bullwinkle. But when you talk to me, you don't call me "The Turk". This is an insult, okey? When you fight someone, you say its race to insult him. This is a deliberate behavior. I believe you are not too stupid till enough to can't understand the difference.
Quote from: Sunset
I'm having a Rab moment. I don't get the joke.
Quote from: sokarul
Draw us a 1D circle.
Quote from: John Davis
Let the real John Davis out of his prison.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Best Ever Scientist
« Reply #692 on: August 16, 2018, 11:59:42 AM »
Night for the next half hour.

He has already revealed and confused. Because he knows after a while they will loose. It is possible someone will not die tonight or directly targeten me as a revenge. 
Draw us a 1D circle.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #693 on: August 16, 2018, 12:03:17 PM »
Bruce Forsice is hunting, hate in its eyes. Its fellow werepenguin was killed, and now it wants for nothing more than revenge.
But, though it is angry, it is also smart. It cannot risk outing itself when the villagers have slain its partner. So instead, in the quiet, it plans. It breaks into a wing of the centre and takes the tools it needs.

The Son of the mighty lineage of Orospu was walking past the history room when his eyes caught on a bottle of whiskey. Glancing around, to make sure he was alone, he hurried to it and picked it up.
And another! The Son of Orospu walked to the next bottle, spied yet another around a corner, and hurried to that too. he picked up each bottle as he went past them, soon holding a bundle in his arms.
The trail of alcohol lead him out from the centre, out up a hill outside. By that point he was kicking several bottles along, having run out of room in his arms. Oh, he was going to have a party.
And then he dropped the bottles for, at the top of the hill, waited a werepenguin.
"Oh f-" he said.
Bruce Forsice lunged.

But in his mind, the Son of Orospu heard the voice of Rowbotham. It spoke to him, over the pain of the beak currently engaged in trying to bite through his spine.
"All is not yet lost!" Rowbotham urged. "It is time you awoke, my Chosen One! Come into your true power, fight back against the penguin menace!"
Chosen One?! The Son of Orospu opened his eyes. He hadn't known, but if that was true, if he truly had the power...
His hands started to glow a holy gold, and he felt it. The flow of the aether all around him, the limitless potential that he was chosen to wield-

Bruce Forsice bit his head off, and in his last moments the Son of Orospu heard Rowbotham mumble in his head.
"Well. Fuck. There goes that plan. Bloody 50% chance..."

The Chosen One, the Son of Orospu, is dead.
The day begins with ill tidings.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #694 on: August 16, 2018, 12:07:16 PM »

He is talking to me. The Turk defines someone out. Oh come on, don't try to teach me English. I know the difference of Turk and the Turk, and how you call someone inside or outside. You can call me as "Turk" when you talk with bullwinkle. But when you talk to me, you don't call me "The Turk". This is an insult, okey? When you fight someone, you say its race to insult him. This is a deliberate behavior. I believe you are not too stupid till enough to can't understand the difference.

Look, if you want to be offended by it then that's your choice but this isn't how the English language works. 

Example;  Babyhighspeed is from Texas.

Speaking directly to him I might say, "Hey you Texan!"

Speaking about him to a group of other people, "The Texan has something important he'd like to discuss with us."

It's not intended as an insult.  English has a lot of quirks to it.  Turkish has it's own quirks I'm sure.  But whatever quirk this is in Turkish it does not exist in English.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Best Ever Scientist
« Reply #695 on: August 16, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »
I think it was a deliberately provoked provocation. but the game and real life are different. I turn to the game and I close this page for now. but that does not end there.

There is only two did not voted the penguin: bullwinkle and deadsirius. gayer has voted a few later but he is not suspect in my mind. because his votes and talkings were consistent and logical.

bullwinkle is already revealed a villager.

So that I'm voting the deadsirius because of the most possible person to be the other penguin. If he really was not the other penguin, so he were a bad villager and doesn't deserve to stay alive, like how pezevenk was.

In short;

[I vote to lynch deadsirius]
Draw us a 1D circle.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #696 on: August 16, 2018, 12:58:07 PM »
Wise, putting "the" in front of a word describing someone's ethnicity does not make it offensive. I understand how something like this might be lost on you as you use English articles incorrectly all the time, or omit them when they should be there, and obviously that's because it's not your native language, but to not put "the" in front of "Turk"  in that situation would be grammatically incorrect. I'm sure no offense was intended.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #697 on: August 16, 2018, 01:06:31 PM »

Honestly Inti' I read no insult.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #698 on: August 16, 2018, 01:10:22 PM »
Wise:

I wasn't addressing you.  I was "talking to myself", in character, in the game.

It's not unusual for people here to refer to other individuals as the Aussie, the Greek, the Brit, the Swede, the Texan, the moose, etc.

Also Turkish isn't a race.

If you want to lynch me because you're in a bad mood or whatever that's fine.  I think there are better choices but do what you need to do.

So long Orospu...hopefully the exorcist's luck will improve next time.  Anyone besides Wise want to put any actual thought into who to take out next?
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #699 on: August 16, 2018, 01:24:41 PM »
The American feels bad that wise's feelings are hurt.  ooooOOOOOoooooooo

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Best Ever Scientist
« Reply #700 on: August 16, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »
Nevermind. Many people can't be wrong.

Anyway. But my vote will not change. I even so have fired him because of penguin. He is still guilty ;D
Draw us a 1D circle.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Best Ever Scientist
« Reply #701 on: August 16, 2018, 01:55:50 PM »
I have used my vote but you may think more. I did not considered son of orospu's dying. I voted deadsirius because I have said yesterday to vote him caused by a calculation. As a result we are 6 and one of us is a penguin. The problem is find him. I used my vote for the best possiblity in my mind. But you can use your own calculation.
Draw us a 1D circle.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #702 on: August 16, 2018, 02:13:29 PM »
Wise:
Also Turkish isn't a race.

But Turkish is delicious! I love going out to Turkish restaurants!

I have to say I am surprised the penguin targeted Son Of Orospu. I thought he was pretty suspicious actually lol

Okay I think it's time the elusive Exorcist came forward and apologised for the utter shit job he or she has been doing. The penguins have struck every time and it's a travesty!!!

At this moment in time I will stand with wise and vote for deadsirius as I believe his assessment is sound. Also, how can you dismiss the thoughts of someone named wise! I have all day to consider my vote but at the moment that is how I am leaning.

Unless deadsirius can give us a reason to let him live. Are you the exorcist deadsirius? If so perhaps apart from being a villager, you may yet prove useful.

Jura-Glenlivet II

« Reply #703 on: August 16, 2018, 02:39:30 PM »

I am torn between Gaydafi who I think may have voted for her fellow penguin when she saw that he was unsavable, and the wisdom of Wise, I will sleep on it.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Best Ever Scientist
« Reply #704 on: August 16, 2018, 03:16:04 PM »
I do not want you to act under pressure, but we absolutely have to eliminate someone. he is less likely to stay at the end. so we have to sift right or wrong one.

in this case the gaydafi, bullwinkle and deadsirius must also speak. we are not 3, we are 6 people. the other three must act in the name and say an opinion. for example bullwinkle. Okay, you're revealed, don't you need to get involved in anything now? No, you still have the right to vote. or is it not? Gaydafi or Deadsirius are waiting for others as if they do not have voting rights. at least one of them is the definite villager. why do not you make our job easier?

Deadsirius seems to be reacting to me now. I have recently argued for something with him, but the real problem is my suspicion of it. I told him that we are doubt about him and he have to say something to decrease our doubts. Instead of decrease our doubts, he claims almost nothing to defend himself.

In this regard; deadsirius is either a penguin, oa a villager but a very bad type.

On the other hand, I still suggest you as wait as possible. And talk more. Because only talking reveals the penguin. Who don't want to talk, our suspect about him increases.

And last, please prevent the tie. Whoever goes but prevent the tie. Tie is the worst thing.
Draw us a 1D circle.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #705 on: August 16, 2018, 03:34:54 PM »
I have a name, true? My name is wise, true? I have used two other names and you can use them too: İntikam or botd.

He has called me "the Turk", it isn't my name. Take care it was not "Turk", "The Turk". Do you see the difference? He has used it as a race as like my name. This is an insult. He said so in as an attempt to deliberately insult. Do you call yourself as "hey German", "the englishman, come here", "bald head, hello", "long-haired, listen to me". He used something is my race but not my name. He has said so as to be intentional and insulting.

It is not my fault that the managers there are stupid. you all have already proved how idiot, stupid and retarded you are. if you do not understand one time, you can say "yes, we don't understand but you are right"! Because at the end of the events, you got it everytime. you are at the same point where you have already supported what is already done to me by bullwinkle. then he said he did it in response to something. but he did not get a penalty for it that time, because although he made it like a punishment, you all were saying it was a joke. now you are doing the same thing again.

You are saying lie. you are nothing but a bunch of of s.o.w.
Well, I wouldn't take it so seriously, people here call me the Greek sometimes because I'm the only Greek here, same with you.
It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Who wants to be a firefly and who wants to be a blue whale?
-Sceptimatic

Please do not jizz to win an argument.
-Crutonius

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from.
-Inty (again)

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #706 on: August 16, 2018, 03:46:10 PM »
Someone is beginning to stand out.
Their behavior is almost predictable at this point.

RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Jura-Glenlivet II

« Reply #707 on: August 17, 2018, 12:06:19 AM »

Cryptic, useless, come on Bully have courage, stick your neck out.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #708 on: August 17, 2018, 05:08:17 AM »

Deadsirius seems to be reacting to me now. I have recently argued for something with him, but the real problem is my suspicion of it. I told him that we are doubt about him and he have to say something to decrease our doubts. Instead of decrease our doubts, he claims almost nothing to defend himself.

I am not the exorcist, and I am not a penguin this time either.  That's ask the defense I've got--all the defense any of us has got, with the exception of maybe Bullwinkle.

We all say we're human, and we know one of us is lying, and that's all we have to go on. So I will build on the one slight thread of suspicion we got from DuckDodgers:  [I vote to lynch Colonel Gaydafi].

Sorry if I'm wrong, but that seems like a marginally better choice than most at this point.

I'm also curious about Bullwinkle's idea though.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Best Ever Scientist
« Reply #709 on: August 17, 2018, 05:32:49 AM »

I am not the exorcist, and I am not a penguin this time either.  That's ask the defense I've got--all the defense any of us has got, with the exception of maybe Bullwinkle.

We all say we're human, and we know one of us is lying, and that's all we have to go on. So I will build on the one slight thread of suspicion we got from DuckDodgers:  [I vote to lynch Colonel Gaydafi].

Sorry if I'm wrong, but that seems like a marginally better choice than most at this point.

I'm also curious about Bullwinkle's idea though.

Bullwinkle is interesting. He almost not talking and voting after encrypted. He is almost playin dead. Some of us forcing him to talk, only than he talks a bit.

This is a social based game and we need everyone's talkings and ideas. You were in silence fir a long while so that it made hard to our decisions. On the ither hand, sonof was a villager but in silence meaninglesly.

From the beginning to last day, me, shifter and jura has talkef and voted meaningfull and consistently. Donof, you, gaydafi and bullwinkle werw so passive that we almost had no idea about you four. Now one has gone. One or teo on the way. If one of us, me, shifter or jura is penguin and deceving whole villagers, so will not be caused by the result of your, sonof's, bullwinkle's and gaydafi's unconcern?
Draw us a 1D circle.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #710 on: August 17, 2018, 05:40:38 AM »
Well this may be my last chance to vote so where is it best placed? Wise says deadsirius, deadsirius says colonel gaydafi. Given the few numbers we have for voting, introducing a 3rd candidate could force a tie. Jura is torn between gaydafi and deadsirius and will sleep on it. Roundy suspects gaydafi  and I'm not sure who is in Bullwinkles radar.

Decisions!

I will make the vote just shy of an hour. Deadsirius and gaydafi have their case to make.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #711 on: August 17, 2018, 06:45:48 AM »
Okay, I have thought and I think the most plausible route is to kill off duck dodgers suggestions. He knew he was finished and a known penguin at that point. It is a likely tactic he drops the name of a penguin believing we would assume he would never do that. We have to think like a penguin. Devious and bastard like.

Deadsirius I will spare you for now. If you are a penguin I hope you at least remember that in the coming night.

[I vote to lynch Colonel Gaydafi]

If we are wrong let's hope the inept exorcist can score a lucky guess and protect the right person for once and buy us another day

Jura-Glenlivet II

« Reply #712 on: August 17, 2018, 06:48:11 AM »
I'm of the mind that DS's not voting is more the action of a villager seeing his vote wasn't necessary, a penguin I feel would have tried to blend in more, with that in mind;

[Jura votes to lynch Colonel Gaydafi].

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #713 on: August 17, 2018, 08:10:21 AM »
[I vote to lynch Colonel Gaydafi]
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #714 on: August 17, 2018, 09:07:13 AM »
Well fuck guys, can we really kill off another villager now? How many chances do we have left?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Best Ever Scientist
« Reply #715 on: August 17, 2018, 10:01:57 AM »
Sounds like gaydafi is going out the game, oppositely my vote. I have suggested either deadsirius or tie. This is definitely not what I expect.

I hope your decision were true. I have burned an incense with a fire dancing in the mystical songs as a support to your decision.

If you were wrong, then you have to support my plan next time and don't lynch anybody tomorrow.
Draw us a 1D circle.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #716 on: August 17, 2018, 10:04:41 AM »
Well fuck guys, can we really kill off another villager now? How many chances do we have left?

On the off chance your not a penguin.... One more. 2 more if the exorcist gets it right next time.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Best Ever Scientist
« Reply #717 on: August 17, 2018, 10:15:56 AM »

On the off chance your not a penguin.... One more. 2 more if the exorcist gets it right next time.

I've calculated that we have not a third chance. Today gaydafi is going, and night one extra. There will be remained 4. If we lynch anybody after remained 4, we lose the game. Because after 3, penguin kills one and  2 remains, then draw and penguin wins.

We need a tie for a good chance.
Draw us a 1D circle.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #718 on: August 17, 2018, 11:17:24 AM »

Well we're fucked then.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #719 on: August 17, 2018, 11:57:12 AM »
"We've got her, we've got her!"
The villagers gather around, triumphant after the death of the first penguin. They may have lost their Oracle, the Chosen One, but they only had one more fowl beast to slay.
Gaydafi is busy trying to get a phone signal; nations don't subjugate themselves. It's hard to be a dictator when you can't contact everyone.
And then suddenly she is surrounded, grabbed, and dragged into the centre.

"There aren't many of us left," Wise said. "Before we kill her, we must be sure."
"But what test is there?" deadsirius said. "Without the oracle, what can we do?"
There is a pause.
"What are penguins known for?" Wise says eventually.
"Murder," the ghost of Space Cowgirl suggests.
"Swimming?" Jura says.
"Precisely!" Wise says. "They don't sink as soon as they go in water. And what else doesn't sink?"
Annoyed at being ignored, the ghost of Space Cowgirl drifts off.
"Um... wood?" Jura says.
"So, why don't penguins sink?"
There is a pause.
"Because they're made of wood?" deadsirius eventually suggests.
"Exactly!" Wise says. "So what can we do to determine if she is truly a werepenguin?"
"Build a bridge out of her!" Bullwinkle says.
"But can you not also build bridges out of stone?"
Bullwinkle nods, confused.
They were so close to a test, he could feel it.
"Burn her!" Shifter suddenly shouts.

The villagers proceed to a model of the Dual Earth sun, a vast ball of metal heated by simulated friction. Gayfadi struggles, but she's pulled closer, and close, until she is thrown onto the sun's surface-
She lands with a clang and groans slightly.
"Ok, who turned it off?" Shifter shouts.
Gaydafi shifts on the metal surface. She reaches out, and her hand finds something soft.
"I think someone's been cooking marshmallows down here," she shouts back up.
And sure enough, when they go to fix it, they find marshmallows stuck jamming up the machinery, preventing the simulated friction from occurring. The sun stays cold.
"Well there goes that idea," Wise said.
The troupe trek back up to the sun, to pull Gaydafi off of it, but when they look down they do not see the sight they expected.
The marshmallows have moved, melted and fused together into a long, sticky rope, tightly wound around Gaydafi's neck. They hear a whisper, barely even that, in the air.
"My marshmallows."

Colonel Gaydafi is dead, by the hand of the ghosts that wanted her company. No feathers were seen; she was human.

Night falls.

Bruce Forsice, your turn again, PM me your victim.
Exorcist, PM me who you wish to protect.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:58:49 AM by Jane »