Werepenguins 3: The Penguining

• 910 Replies

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
Re: Werepenguins 3: The Penguining
« Reply #600 on: August 15, 2018, 01:38:02 PM »

The mood was almost upbeat, finally they had got one, the celebration was tempered by the fact it was night and the remaining penguin would strike and for Jura also as the ghost of Mom was scowling at her, but what's done is done, and in life or death Jura would prove herself human and only then would she ask for forgiveness.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #601 on: August 15, 2018, 01:40:10 PM »
Shifter is in silence for a while. So that I have a suspect about him. I'll vote for either deadsirius, or shifter tomorrow.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #602 on: August 15, 2018, 01:51:21 PM »
I'm still not convinced that DuckDodgers was a penguin.  He made some very sound arguments for himself.  I think any lynching we do in the future should be towards the purpose of determining if DuckDodgers was actually a penguin.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #603 on: August 15, 2018, 01:56:05 PM »
I'm still not convinced that DuckDodgers was a penguin.  He made some very sound arguments for himself.  I think any lynching we do in the future should be towards the purpose of determining if DuckDodgers was actually a penguin.

Oh, I'm crying in front of this wisdom. 9/10 people here were sure about him, they have voted him. Then he has revealed as a penguin and you are still not convinced, true? Lol.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #604 on: August 15, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »
Slow your roll, guys...If you have to know, I didn't even think about voting because it had already been decided.  You're grasping at a very thin straw here.

Let's try to keep our heads about finding the other one; this is no time to give up the advantage.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #605 on: August 15, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »
Slow your roll, guys...If you have to know, I didn't even think about voting because it had already been decided.  You're grasping at a very thin straw here.

Let's try to keep our heads about finding the other one; this is no time to give up the advantage.

I'm with you in this mind. but caused suspicions about being late in voting. I still see the others as suspicious. but you have to be persuasive to reduce the suspicion of others. you do not play too much and there is nobody who advocates you. we can move more easily if at least you enter the dialogue with others. This is a game playing with socializing. I am undecided between the shifter or you. at least I think of a 51% shifter right now. because you wrote it now, but it is not here. but this is not enough for me to decide.

Clearly I don't want to live another event of pezevenk with lynching you. But you have to help us to prevent it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #606 on: August 15, 2018, 02:08:41 PM »
Now that we've bagged a penguin we can afford to make some mistakes. If we're wrong about deadsirius so be it. We just need to make sure our decision is logical.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #607 on: August 15, 2018, 02:19:04 PM »
Now that we've bagged a penguin we can afford to make some mistakes. If we're wrong about deadsirius so be it. We just need to make sure our decision is logical.

Well I am back. Craving the less than 3 hours sleep I get as I am currently working 2 jobs starting at 7am and finishing at 2:30am this week. Ugh! The most active part of this game seems to be around 3-4am in my time so that's why I'm not on here

Whoever the real exorcist is, he/she needs to up their game. Hopefully NO ONE dies tonight!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #608 on: August 15, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »
I feel like a case can be made both for and against Jura. It could be her, but it might not.

And I feel like it's odd that Shifter isn't already bragging that he knows exactly who the other penguin is so he can gloat about it later. In some ways he seems to be playing a very neutral game, which isn't like him.

Gaydafi has been very low-key too, but even when she was posting here regularly she always was so it's difficult to gauge what it means. I just feel like she's a suspect too.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #609 on: August 15, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
Let us not forget the two people that DD named: Jura and Gayer.  Was it a ruse, or a clue?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #610 on: August 15, 2018, 02:43:30 PM »
Let us not forget the two people that DD named: Jura and Gayer.  Was it a ruse, or a clue?

There is two possiblities:
a) One of these two are penguin
b) Out of these two.

If one of these, we can find it by %50 chance, because he gave us two names.

If the other one is out of these two, so we have 4 members except bullwinkle and %25 chance.

So that, the (b) option is more possible. In other say, except jura and gayer all of us may be the other penguin.  ;D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #611 on: August 15, 2018, 02:47:17 PM »

Well we both voted to kill the fucker maybe there are three penguins and we were sick of his shit.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #612 on: August 15, 2018, 02:59:52 PM »

I would expect that whoever is the other penguin was seriously pissed about the way DD played that, he gave us a relatively easy penguin (at the price of SCG), I would expect they were in the vote just incase/because he did give a clue.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #613 on: August 15, 2018, 03:19:44 PM »
Is anyone interested in another mini sidequest to while away the night, or do you want to focus on debating and planning?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #614 on: August 15, 2018, 04:33:00 PM »
Yes, I will try to solve your dang riddle, you monster.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #615 on: August 15, 2018, 05:00:51 PM »
I'm in.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #616 on: August 15, 2018, 05:02:23 PM »
No riddle this time! Just a minigame to keep you entertained. A little luck, a little strategy. And ideally work together to solve otherwise it'll be over quickly.

The Werepenguins' Revenge

The spirit of Oracle Boydster manifests in the centre with an urgent warning.
It isn't just the humans that can return when night falls; the penguins are around too. And now you've slain one of their number, Bruce Forsice has brought a legion of penguins back from hell to target the centre, in a desperate attempt for revenge.
Boydster could use his connection with Rowbotham to banish them all at once, but if he does not do so he'll have the energy to give you a hint. He has to narrow down the areas he floods with Aetheric Energy.
There are twenty five rooms in the Flat Earth Research Centre, and ten spectral werepenguins. You may sneak around in the vents to search a room at a time. The Oracle's sight has given him a vague hint of where they are but no more than that.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
Give the grid reference location of a room you wish to examine. If it is free of a penguin it will be marked as safe.
The red numbers tell you how many penguins are in a row or column.
Boydster can save you twice from a penguin without running out of power. The third time however he'll need to flood the centre, and you'll lose your chance of a hint.

So: you can only afford to accidentally uncover two penguins. The third ends the game. You have to try and work out what rooms they're hiding in by process of elimination.

Minigame away!
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #617 on: August 15, 2018, 05:05:46 PM »
I'm thinking let's try B2. What about everyone else?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #618 on: August 15, 2018, 05:09:41 PM »
Sounds alright to me.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #619 on: August 15, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
I am confused, but sure.  B2 it is. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #620 on: August 15, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »

Anyone game to try C4? It might have an explosive result

There has to be a way to draw this yourself and work out the possible locations of the penguins. If we get a few safe results than it should reveal itself. So we cant blindly 'guess' later on. We should have information to work out whether a room is safe or not without actually picking it

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #621 on: August 15, 2018, 05:25:02 PM »
Hey, it was this or Minesweeper.

The Son of Orospu descends from the vents on a winch he'd happened to bring in his luggage. He checks out the Artist Formerly Known As jroa Wing and, finding it absent of penguins, proceeds to return to the vents with a bottle of beer.

B2 is safe.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #622 on: August 15, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »
Wait minesweeper was an option?! At least with that, there's some logic and statistics you can employ. This one seems like it's all luck.

Do we get any additional information about surrounding rooms when we inspect a room and find out its safe?

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #623 on: August 15, 2018, 05:34:33 PM »
My fellow penguin probably is pissed at me, but they will get over it as this is just a game. And I would have survived longer had we not bagged the oracle the same night I got that delicious invite into the inner sanctum by being viewed as the oracle/idiot. There was 1 person we didn't know about that we couldn't kill, and we found him out of pure luck.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #624 on: August 15, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »
Wait minesweeper was an option?! At least with that, there's some logic and statistics you can employ. This one seems like it's all luck.

Do we get any additional information about surrounding rooms when we inspect a room and find out its safe?

D3 looks like it could be the next safest choice. And if there is a penguin in it, we know the rest of the rooms, D1, D2, D4, D5 are clear as well as A3, B3, C3 and E3

And because the column of C has 4 penguins in it, if we find a safe spot in there, we know the locations of all the penguin ones

Does anyone follow that logic or am I talking nonsense  ???

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #625 on: August 15, 2018, 06:01:26 PM »

Your information comes from the numbers. Like Shifter says; there's a little luck involved, but plenty of strategy when it comes to finding the least likely locations.

Minesweeper next night?  :P Assuming the penguin's not lynched at least.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #626 on: August 15, 2018, 06:06:22 PM »

D3 looks like it could be the next safest choice. And if there is a penguin in it, we know the rest of the rooms, D1, D2, D4, D5 are clear as well as A3, B3, C3 and E3

And because the column of C has 4 penguins in it, if we find a safe spot in there, we know the locations of all the penguin ones

Does anyone follow that logic or am I talking nonsense  ???

I follow you.  We pick the safest rooms first, and use that information for future picks.

D3 sounds good to me. 

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #627 on: August 15, 2018, 06:11:22 PM »
A2?

I dunno, with row 4 so packed it seems likely the one penguin from column A would be in A4.  Anyone on board?

Oh wait, I just read up thread a bit closer.  Shifter's right, D3 is better.

Maybe we'll get lucky and hit their battleship
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #628 on: August 15, 2018, 06:30:01 PM »
D3 it is. I didn't read the first part very carefully, apologies.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #629 on: August 15, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
D3 it is. I didn't read the first part very carefully, apologies.

if there is a penguin in D3, that will probably give us more information than if there isn't I think...

Know your place