Why trust you're eyes

• 15 Replies

Cinnamon buns

• Hello
Why trust you're eyes
« on: August 08, 2018, 01:44:02 AM »
When someone defends the concept of the flat earth. I've often heard the argument being made that "I trust my eyes". But we know that our eyes can deceive us. If they couldn't magicians and illusionists wouldn't have careers. In fact, everything that we do perceive visually comes into our eyes upsidedown, backwards, and full of holes. It's our brains that do the hard work of constructing that into what we would call vision. Why would you rely on something as fallible and subjective as visual perception and reject the more precise and reliable forms of measurement to make your argument?
No hate

WTF IS THIS.
I have last fucked a fetö agent to death,

Cinnamon buns

• Hello
Re: Why trust you're eyes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 01:45:02 AM »
Shoot. I accidentally typed you're instead of your. Please bear with me.
No hate

WTF IS THIS.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 01:51:30 AM »
Shoot. I accidentally typed you're instead of your. Please bear with me.

I couldn't believe my eyes!
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:14:22 AM »
this is not only relevant to observation. observation, experiment, research, scientific calculations. Repeated experiments. they all prove the existence of a flat world without any doubt.

I think these are more stronger than believing a story under the name of "science" force you believe somethings you never saw. What the difference of believing popular science and God? Both you don't see God and gravity but you are believing both of them. but they deny each other. you have to choose one of them. but ours is not like that. we are acting completely scientific.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Cinnamon buns

• Hello
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 02:45:14 AM »
this is not only relevant to observation. observation, experiment, research, scientific calculations. Repeated experiments. they all prove the existence of a flat world without any doubt.

I think these are more stronger than believing a story under the name of "science" force you believe somethings you never saw. What the difference of believing popular science and God? Both you don't see God and gravity but you are believing both of them. but they deny each other. you have to choose one of them. but ours is not like that. we are acting completely scientific.

I am skeptical about what "science" tells us. And I can say some were wrong. But most of them are right. I tested what I was told at school or what I saw on the internet and I think I can say that that most of them are correct.
No hate

WTF IS THIS.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 02:49:23 AM »

I am skeptical about what "science" tells us. And I can say some were wrong. But most of them are right. I tested what I was told at school or what I saw on the internet and I think I can say that that most of them are correct.

There is an explanation everything have teached you under the science with another way teached you as non scientific.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Cinnamon buns

• Hello
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 03:06:36 AM »

There is an explanation everything have teached you under the science with another way teached you as non scientific.

Sorry but I can't understand you.
No hate

WTF IS THIS.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »
Both you don't see God and gravity but you are believing both of them. but they deny each other. you have to choose one of them.
Since when are they mutually exclusive? No where have I ever seen that we must choose one or the other.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »

I thought you only responded to people with more than 1250 posts?  You don't seem like somebody who speaks the truth, not even one bit.

There is not a single, easily observable fact or occurrence that even remotely indicates the earth is flat.  The only way you can come to this conclusion is if you completely deny all facts.  People who do this are either trolls or mentally ill.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 09:16:48 PM »

I thought you only responded to people with more than 1250 posts?  You don't seem like somebody who speaks the truth, not even one bit.

There is not a single, easily observable fact or occurrence that even remotely indicates the earth is flat.  The only way you can come to this conclusion is if you completely deny all facts.  People who do this are either trolls or mentally ill.

the signature will be changed. I do not act with such an initiative for a while. the signature has other tasks so I can not get rid of it immediately. why do you write things that requires I should quote and answer when you think I never told the truth? no you only play the role given to you. I do not pretend and I do not fool anyone. if you enter the AR forum, I try to change the signature but you will see why it can not be so easy. but you do not want to see it. you just want to see what you believe with your prejudices to be its real. no mister. you are wrong.

you are acting in the wrong prejudices because the information that the media puts into your head and prejudges you is all wrong.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Cinnamon buns

• Hello
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 01:41:25 AM »
You can both believe in God and at the same time believe in gravity. You can say that God created gravity to keep us on the ground.
No hate

WTF IS THIS.

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 08:17:55 PM »

the signature will be changed. I do not act with such an initiative for a while. the signature has other tasks so I can not get rid of it immediately. why do you write things that requires I should quote and answer when you think I never told the truth? no you only play the role given to you. I do not pretend and I do not fool anyone. if you enter the AR forum, I try to change the signature but you will see why it can not be so easy. but you do not want to see it. you just want to see what you believe with your prejudices to be its real. no mister. you are wrong.

you are acting in the wrong prejudices because the information that the media puts into your head and prejudges you is all wrong.

You can change the signature as much as you want at any time.  Why the bullshit excuses?

From what I have seen of your posts, almost 100% of it is pretend.

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 04:02:59 AM »
When someone defends the concept of the flat earth. I've often heard the argument being made that "I trust my eyes". But we know that our eyes can deceive us. If they couldn't magicians and illusionists wouldn't have careers. In fact, everything that we do perceive visually comes into our eyes upsidedown, backwards, and full of holes. It's our brains that do the hard work of constructing that into what we would call vision. Why would you rely on something as fallible and subjective as visual perception and reject the more precise and reliable forms of measurement to make your argument?
I do not mistrust accurate forms of measurement.

In fact, I presented just such measurements here in another thread.

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 04:04:52 AM »

The biggest single lie ever written on this board!

I personally presented a valid measurement of the sun's altitude in another thread on this forum.

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 10:36:22 AM »

The biggest single lie ever written on this board!

I personally presented a valid measurement of the sun's altitude in another thread on this forum.

Provide thread name of said measurement.
I just read a hillarious one from you but you didnt ref the sun.
Just want to know if thats the one youre talking about.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 02:29:55 PM »
First of all, your measurement method has been known for many years.  Congratulations on reinventing the wheel.  Secondly, a number of threads have shown why that method is unreliable on a flat earth because it gives different results when the sun is observed from different locations.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.