Star Trek: Picard

• 180 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Star Trek: Picard
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2020, 08:04:51 AM »
How does it rank with the other Star Trek series so far?

Hard to say... Got a nice TNG vibe here. Discovery was completely new and off putting from the overhaul of the Klingon race but it eventually found its way.

It's nice to see a Trek that continues on from the TNG/DS9/Voyager time line. No prequels. No reboots. If you can watch this one it is worth it. Especially cool with todays CGI capabilities.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2020, 08:07:35 AM »
It's hard to say because there has only been one episode. As far as visual quality goes, it is comparable to ST Discovery. The special effects, the costumes, the aliens were all movie quality. The acting was good, of course Patrick Stewart is amazing. I think the story for this season, which I don't want to say because I can't say it without spoilers, is very interesting. The tone is darker than TNG, reminds me a bit of DS9. The original three ST series were episodic, this one will have a continuing story through the season. I imagine there will be some standalones, like Discovery had one now and then.

Also, if you haven't seen this, I think it's kind of adorable. I would love to learn more about Guinan!

She's so happy she can't even speak.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2020, 08:12:09 AM »
The first episode was fantastic. I’m not a huge ST geek, so I am sure there are tie-ins just like SCG mentioned that I didn’t really pick up on, but for someone that’s only passingly familiar with the Star Trek universe, I have to say I really enjoyed the first episode. It was a fun ride.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2020, 08:14:02 AM »
The Easter eggs I noticed were in the archives. Like I remember the banner, and stuff like that.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2020, 08:22:59 AM »
My CBS account is currently cancelled.  So I'm going to wait until the season finishes because I'm a cheapskate.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2020, 10:00:08 AM »
When I counted the original tv series I forgot about Voyager :(  I don't hate Voyager, I still watch reruns all the time. SHAME ON ME.

Also, I am so cheap I watch all this stuff like a smooth criminal.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »
When I counted the original tv series I forgot about Voyager :(  I don't hate Voyager, I still watch reruns all the time. SHAME ON ME.

Also, I am so cheap I watch all this stuff like a smooth criminal.

Arr, matey, I be watchin’ it in ways not fit fer land lubbers as well, but honestly CBS is being jerks for making people that already have CBS pay extra for the series.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2020, 08:24:19 PM »

They put the first episode on youtube for free.

Lorddave

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2020, 12:36:56 AM »

They put the first episode on youtube for free.

Something to watch tomorrow.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2020, 07:42:48 AM »
Romulans are sexy now.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2020, 02:31:55 PM »
Saw the first episode.  Difficult to evaluate as this as it seems this series is going to be heavy into story arcs.  I have no idea where they're going to go with this.

Yes

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2020, 04:29:46 PM »
Thanks for the link, SCG!  I didn't hear that they had released it for free.

Did yall catch the remark about the yellow and pink hybrid orchids?
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2020, 03:07:53 PM »
In Star Trek: Picard the holograms are hot, and also Hugh is looking quite handsome.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2020, 09:53:23 PM »

Did yall catch the remark about the yellow and pink hybrid orchids?

At a glance, I think it was a Phalaenopsis.
I didn't catch the remark.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2020, 12:16:49 AM »
Overall, not happy with this show. 5/10. CGI looks shit and space battles look like a cheap computer game cut scene

Predictable twist at the end, won't spoil.

I hope they go back to self contained story episodes. This felt like 1 long episode. Not like TNG where I can go back and watch a fun episode

I hope this story arc is concluded

One good thing I'll say is it was nice to see the helpless girl in The Karate Kid 2 all grown up to rise through the ranks of Starfleet to be Commodore Oh

I know she's Asian but she plays an alien. Did she need an Earth Asian last name lol

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2020, 07:21:35 AM »
My CBS account is currently cancelled.  So I'm going to wait until the season finishes because I'm a cheapskate.
I believe it is now free for everyone.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2020, 04:32:58 PM »

For those that have finished watching, this video addresses many of the points as to why it failed

You can enjoy the show though, but put it on the same level with something like Killjoys or Dark Matter (except not as episodic) . Do not go in this thinking it's like TNG. It  doesn't hold a candle to that show

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2020, 04:56:56 PM »
All my Trek nerd friends are disappointed. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't as good as it should have been.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2020, 08:14:56 AM »
I enjoyed the first season. I think folks remember the good bits out of TNG a lot more than they do the piles of trash episodes that exist. I find TNG much better through the filter of memory rather than rewatching it, and it was one of my favorites.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2020, 02:18:12 PM »
I enjoyed the first season. I think folks remember the good bits out of TNG a lot more than they do the piles of trash episodes that exist. I find TNG much better through the filter of memory rather than rewatching it, and it was one of my favorites.

Darmok at Tanagra!

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2020, 12:11:59 PM »
Darmok and Jalad on the ocean!

Lorddave

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2020, 11:52:22 PM »
So I'm at like episode 7 and... Yeah, Picard is an asshole. 

Like a character burns a friendship bridge getting a favor and Picard fucking applauds it!  Like 'You just lost a friend forever, but you got her to give me what I want so great job!'

My only solice is that next episode, Troy is gonna lay in on him for being an inconsiderate prick.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2020, 02:23:58 PM »
Relevant:
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2020, 02:43:25 PM »
SPOOOOILERSSSSS....

I wanted to like this so much.

But I knew from the first the only way Stewart would agree is if it involved a whole log of whining and moaning about life and was full of drama.

I tried, but, ugh.

Nothing made any sense.  Dreams of Data for decades, guilty, then FINDS him and is like, "Want me to murder you? Mkay."

Sigh. it wasn't even Data was like, "This partial existence is an eternal hell of suffering and angst, please have mercy."  He just basically was like, eh, dying sounds cool.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2020, 04:10:36 PM »
So a character from TNG was brought back only to be killed some episodes later?

I hate it when that is done in sequels.

Then why bring them back in the first place? Its just an other slap in the face for people who want to have that character explored more and developed.
):

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »
So a character from TNG was brought back only to be killed some episodes later?

I hate it when that is done in sequels.

Then why bring them back in the first place? Its just an other slap in the face for people who want to have that character explored more and developed.

While we are talking spoilers...  SPOILER ALERT***

Icheb, a regular from Star Trek Voyager - killed.
Hugh (rescued Borg) from TNG - killed
Bruce Maddox from TNG - killed
Picard - dies
Data - killed again (gotta make sure I guess)

This show is literally Game of Thrones in space. Especially with the incestuous romulan sister of that Narek freak

Star Trek was always good portraying humanity in a light we should aspire to be. Hope for the future. The problem with our society today was reflected in the alien races.

The F bombs aren't hip either. Star Trek genre is much better as a family show. Bring back the self contained stand alone episodes where adventure reigned. You know, exploring space, encountering new life, anaomolies, answers to questions, more questions than answers etc

If Raffi, Rio's, Elnor and Jurati died I wouldn't not care a damn. That's how unlikeable, uninteresting and unattached I am to these characters. I was more sad at that mirror universe Captain Lorca getting killed than Picard dying here lol

Should they renew this POS show for a 2nd season, I hope they don't do an episode long season. My God that was a chore to watch. They could have condensed this season into a 2 episode pilot and be done with it.

Imagine the first episode of TNG taking an entire season lol...

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2020, 04:42:30 PM »
The only one that bothered me was Hugh. Totally pointless.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2020, 08:16:52 PM »
The only one that bothered me was Hugh. Totally pointless.

Ichebs death was more pointless. Losing an eye is not fatal. Especially in the 24th century. Why 'mercy kill' him? Just replicate a new one or make an artificial one

Also his death ruins the Canon. Star Trek Renegades was a movie which he starred in. This undoes that movie so I am content to believe that Star Trek Picard is NOT set in the prime universe. And if it is, the show can end up with Picard 'waking up' from a nightmare lol

Know your place

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2020, 03:14:00 AM »
Voyager had an overarching plotline through the series but the story had many branches so it didnt feel like a chore.
):

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2020, 05:59:04 AM »
Voyager had an overarching plotline through the series but the story had many branches so it didnt feel like a chore.

Same with DS9. They had the Dominion war but still managed to gift us with many stories (and with a likeable cast)

Know your place