Star Trek: Picard

• 91 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Star Trek: Picard
« on: August 04, 2018, 03:08:40 PM »
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/star-trek-patrick-stewart-picard-cbs-all-access-1202895410/

Sir Patrick Stewart will reprise the role of Capt. Jean-Luc Picard in a brand new “Star Trek” series on CBS All Access, Variety has learned.

The exact plot details are being kept mostly under wraps, though the series is said to tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life. That indicates that it will take place after the events of “Star Trek: The Next Generation” rather than being a prequel or reboot.

The untitled series hails from Alex Kurtzman, James Duff, Akiva Goldsman, Michael Chabon, and Kirsten Beyer. Kurtzman, Duff, Goldsman, and Chabon will also serve as executive producers on the series along with Stewart, Trevor Roth, Heather Kadin, and Rod Roddenberry. CBS Television Studios will produce. The new series does not currently have a premiere date.

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation,’ but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with ‘Star Trek’ had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.”

“During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how ‘The Next Generation’ brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” he continued. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.”

CAPTAIN PICARD!!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:55:12 PM by Space Cowgirl »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Star Trek CBS All Access
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »
SQUEEEEEEEE
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
It probably could be a prequel if they wanted. I'm not entirely convinced he's aged.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 08:35:24 AM »
https://trekmovie.com/2018/09/10/year-for-setting-of-star-trek-picard-show-established-storyline-teased-by-ep/

At Star Trek Las Vegas, Patrick Stewart said of the setting: “Twenty years will have passed, which is more or less exactly the time between the very last movie – Nemesis – and today.” It appears that Stewart was being specific and that the show will take place exactly 20 years later, or 2399.

The rest of the article is nerdery and speculation, but it's good.

Chabon on Instagram (and quoted in the article)

“I think all you 99ers out there are really going to “grok” what we have planned. (Hint: Metamorphs! But you didn’t hear it from me.)”

Maybe they will bring back Kamala! (probably not)

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Star Trek: Picard
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 02:56:40 PM »

I hope it's good.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 03:47:53 PM »
Make it so, Number One.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »
Predictions: it's going to be good, and people are going to hate on it anyway.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 07:38:28 AM »
Predictions: it's going to be good, and people are going to hate on it anyway.

True fact. The Trek nerds are hard to please. Maybe this will be a little different since everyone loves Patrick Stewart.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 07:59:27 AM »
When and where will this be visible on Earth TV?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 08:03:30 AM »
It's going to be on CBS All Access (streaming), and it's supposed to be out by the end of the year.

I don't have CBS All Access, but I will watch it anyway! lol

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 08:55:33 AM »

shan't see it for a few years then, hope there's no Frakes, but lots of Deanna Troi.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 09:44:30 AM »
In other countries it will be on Amazon Prime.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 11:25:54 AM »
I predict that this series will go in a new direction:  All holodeck episodes.

30% will be holodeck romance episodes.
There will also be occasional episodes where they have a holodeck episode inside of another episode.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 12:08:52 PM »
At least one Sherlock holodeck episode, and maybe bring Miles back for a kayaking injury.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 01:19:08 PM »
I'm pretty excited about this. I haven't been able to stomach many of the new Star Treks that have come out since college. I'm hoping this one resets my expectations a bit.

I've got CBS all access through prime, though so far its only been used for the twilight zone (which has also been pretty fun, if perhaps a bit too rigid to their own format.)
Quantum Ab Hoc

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 04:04:12 PM »

I've got CBS all access through prime, though so far its only been used for the twilight zone (which has also been pretty fun, if perhaps a bit too rigid to their own format.)

What's your password?  (I won't tell anyone).

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 02:02:28 AM »

Amazon are an evil entity, with connections to the church, the Jackson/Clinton kiddy fund and the Mongol hordes.
I will not use them.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 02:39:02 PM »

Comic con extended trailer. SEVEN OF NINE AND DATA.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 03:11:13 PM »
San Diego Comic Con . . .

Harbor Drive is so full of Awesome Folks dressed in gorgeous regalia.
The crowd made me late getting through to Scott Street and Point Loma Sport fishing to meet a seller
of a wooden Long range tackle box.

These people are so damn dedicated to their persona.
It's overwhelming.

This is one of the biggest events on the convention center's calendar.   

This is the 50th year. 

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »
I love comicon. Not really into comic books but the effort those people put into their costumes is amazing.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 10:22:10 PM »
Riker, seven and data set to return with Picard???? What?? I am excited, even for 7 of nine. I liked her as a character, and it never had anything to do with her supposed to be eye candy. Always thought she was a cool idea for a character and played her role well with alot of growth. Always felt bad that her solid acting got lost in translation because of her tight uniform.

I also don't see why people are pissy about Frakes return in the show. He was a great character and a great director, always had a good feel for what star trek was about.

Surely people can't still be pissy about the 80s joystick incident in insurrection. He already apologized for that and we all make mistakes. Plus, the writers wrote that in also.
Quote from: Crutchwater
Quote from: FlatOrange
You can't murder a suicide victim
Tell that to Epstein!

Lorddave

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 11:06:20 PM »
Eh.
I'm still iffy.  I like Picard but he had a good ending.  Why drag it out?  Also, I thought they were totally removing "old trek"?  It feels like they're running three timelines now and its weird.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 03:02:25 AM »
Eh.
I'm still iffy.  I like Picard but he had a good ending.  Why drag it out?  Also, I thought they were totally removing "old trek"?  It feels like they're running three timelines now and its weird.
Is a series that's been running 53 years only has three timelines to worry about, that's impressive.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 03:27:36 AM »
Eh.
Is a series that's been running 53 years only has three timelines to worry about, that's impressive.

I thought I thought I was pretty trek knowledgeable, but what is the third timeline? The extended universe ?
Tell that to Epstein!

Lorddave

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 04:08:44 AM »
Eh.

I thought I thought I was pretty trek knowledgeable, but what is the third timeline? The extended universe ?
Original Timeline
New Trek movies
Star Trek Discovery

The reason being Discovery alters the klingon/federation war and its conclusion from the first timeline and deviates from the movies by having a different style enterprise and history.  Ex: in the original timeline, Pike had Spock as his first officer on the enterprise (as is shown in Discovery) but in the new movies, it happens much later.  And its mostly cadets instead of a full crew.

Discovery is a branch off TOS from before the klingon war. (Or at least during it)
New Trek is a branch from Kirk's birth.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 06:21:26 AM »
Eh.

I thought he was talking EU more than Discovery. Discovery's issues are more continuity flubs than full on timeline changes and, eh, I think most series had those.

Lorddave

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 07:24:06 AM »
Eh.

I thought he was talking EU more than Discovery. Discovery's issues are more continuity flubs than full on timeline changes and, eh, I think most series had those.

Maybe.  But its alot of flubs.  So I treat it as a separate timeline.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »
Oh, I just found out that Jonathan Del Arco is going to be in it too. He is Hugh the Borg.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2019, 01:37:26 PM »
Oh, I just found out that Jonathan Del Arco is going to be in it too. He is Hugh the Borg.

Holy crap.
Tell that to Epstein!

Lorddave

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2019, 09:58:58 PM »

Holy crap.

Eh.  Its probably just gonna be some group called FB.... Former Borg.