Werepenguins - The Perth Massacre

• 685 Replies

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Re: Werepenguins - The Perth Massacre
« Reply #660 on: August 05, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
This day was one that would be looked back upon as the first day of a new world. For better or worse, the villagers were forced to pick one more suspected Werepenguin to lynch. Should they fail, one of their own would die, and the Werepenguin Pebbles would claim another victim the following night. The game would be over, and the Werepenguins would have laid waste to yet another fine Scottish town. However, if the villagers should choose correctly, they would stop this senseless killing here and now.

They began to vote. Slowly, at first, then picking up their pace as time drew near to a close. It was decided in a 3-1 split. Pezevenk would hang.

The villagers, exhausted from several restless nights and deep emotional scars, wasted no time. Jura grabbed Pezevenk by the hair and pulled him to the gallows while Jane and jroa chanted the chorus to Queen's "We Will Rock You," replacing the work "rock" with "hang." Pez was powerless to resist the mob, though that didn't stop him from trying. He dug his feet into the ground and left a trail of exposed dirt in the grass. He grasped at the grass with his hands, tearing clump after clump.

Jura realized he wasn't going to be able to get a rope around Pezevenk's neck, even with the help of everyone else. Quickly considering all of the options, and considering the rumbling in his own belly, he came to a decision. Pezevenk would be tossed on top of the body pit, that they may feast on s'mores once more while they cross their fingers in hope that fate smiles upon them and it is Pebbles that burns.

Pezevenk is led by his hair to the fire pit, dragging his feet and hands the entire way. jroa grabs his feet, while Jura maintains a tight grasp on his hair. They left him and start swinging - "One, two, three!" they say in unison, and on the third count, they release Pezevenk onto the pile of embers. His body erupts in flames. The flames change colors, from an orange-yellow to a blue-green, almost like the Northern Lights. Or, perhaps the Southern Lights, they would come to see. Because suddenly, Pezevenk's skin was no longer his own. He had blackened, yes, but he had also whitened on his belly. There were feathers mixed in with the ashes floating in the air. He let out one loud final "COAAAA!" and fell silent.

The three remaining villagers looked at each other, stunned. This was it. This was really it. They had rid the town of Perth of the last of the Werepenguins. Pebbles McWaddlebottom was s'more fuel.

With that, they all pulled up a seat around the fire and roasted a victory s'more.

Well done, villagers. You have won this round, and saved the town of Perth from certain doom.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #661 on: August 05, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »
This day was one that would be looked back upon as the first day of a new world. For better or worse, the villagers were forced to pick one more suspected Werepenguin to lynch. Should they fail, one of their own would die, and the Werepenguin Pebbles would claim another victim the following night. The game would be over, and the Werepenguins would have laid waste to yet another fine Scottish town. However, if the villagers should choose correctly, they would stop this senseless killing here and now.

They began to vote. Slowly, at first, then picking up their pace as time drew near to a close. It was decided in a 3-1 split. Pezevenk would hang.

The villagers, exhausted from several restless nights and deep emotional scars, wasted no time. Jura grabbed Pezevenk by the hair and pulled him to the gallows while Jane and jroa chanted the chorus to Queen's "We Will Rock You," replacing the work "rock" with "hang." Pez was powerless to resist the mob, though that didn't stop him from trying. He dug his feet into the ground and left a trail of exposed dirt in the grass. He grasped at the grass with his hands, tearing clump after clump.

Jura realized he wasn't going to be able to get a rope around Pezevenk's neck, even with the help of everyone else. Quickly considering all of the options, and considering the rumbling in his own belly, he came to a decision. Pezevenk would be tossed on top of the body pit, that they may feast on s'mores once more while they cross their fingers in hope that fate smiles upon them and it is Pebbles that burns.

Pezevenk is led by his hair to the fire pit, dragging his feet and hands the entire way. jroa grabs his feet, while Jura maintains a tight grasp on his hair. They left him and start swinging - "One, two, three!" they say in unison, and on the third count, they release Pezevenk onto the pile of embers. His body erupts in flames. The flames change colors, from an orange-yellow to a blue-green, almost like the Northern Lights. Or, perhaps the Southern Lights, they would come to see. Because suddenly, Pezevenk's skin was no longer his own. He had blackened, yes, but he had also whitened on his belly. There were feathers mixed in with the ashes floating in the air. He let out one loud final "COAAAA!" and fell silent.

The three remaining villagers looked at each other, stunned. This was it. This was really it. They had rid the town of Perth of the last of the Werepenguins. Pebbles McWaddlebottom was s'more fuel.

With that, they all pulled up a seat around the fire and roasted a victory s'more.

Well done, villagers. You have won this round, and saved the town of Perth from certain doom.

Geez, what a surprise  ::) lol

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #662 on: August 05, 2018, 07:26:23 PM »
Yay we won! I think. Well the living people won. I'm stuck with a shitty part time job haunting a McDonald's in Glasgow because the workspace discriminates against ghosts!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #663 on: August 05, 2018, 07:38:07 PM »
Try being a dead Psychic.  ::)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #664 on: August 05, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »

Behold. The true hero of the Perth massacre. Much like obi wan or jesus. He has died to set us free.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #665 on: August 05, 2018, 07:43:50 PM »

Behold. The true hero of the Perth massacre. Much like obi wan or jesus. He has died to set us free.

His death was utterly needless. You are all responsible for it

I am the only one who can hold my head high in this game. My only vote was for a penguin. The rest of you butchered each other and toasted s'mores over their burning bodies. Sick.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #666 on: August 05, 2018, 07:45:10 PM »
I need to now give credit to Pezevenk for writing his murders. Ichi's death and SCG's were both his work. Ichi's, I did a better job retooling from a 3rd person perspective. The one for SCG, I missed a sentence or two that Jane noticed immediately. But he invested time in those murders, and wanted them depicted the right way.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #667 on: August 05, 2018, 07:51:14 PM »
A round of applause for the narrator, the penguins, and the truthterra for making this game fun.

I have to say there's something relaxing about being just a villager. I get to kick back and watch the murders.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #668 on: August 05, 2018, 07:58:05 PM »
A round of applause for the narrator, the penguins, and the truthterra for making this game fun.

I have to say there's something relaxing about being just a villager. I get to kick back and watch the murders.

Being the villager is the most fun because you have no idea who the culprits are. If you are a penguin its like the game is instantly spoiled lol

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #669 on: August 06, 2018, 12:58:31 AM »
Good game.

Very excellent to Boydster and Pez for the narrative
The penguins played a devious game, no suspicions cast upon them from any serious corner until the very end.

Three of us left to go and train the next generation of penguin hunters.

Raised glasses to the dead.

Edit; Special mentions to Bully, herder of cats. Jroa counter-intelligence, SCG cattering and Jane survival expert.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:50:01 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #670 on: August 06, 2018, 04:21:30 AM »
I SURVIVED TWO GAMES WOOP!
Nicely done penguins, lasting so well out of suspicion. And nicely done Bullwinkle for being a psychic that could actually do something.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #671 on: August 06, 2018, 05:46:08 AM »
Good game, all.   I was pretty confident for a while,  but started to get worried once i figured out Bullwinkle was the psychic.  Quite a while back he was publicly pressuring me to vote out Pez... was pretty sure he knew at that point.

Anyway,  i hope not to be a penguin in the future,  it's pretty stressful!
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #672 on: August 06, 2018, 06:08:11 AM »
On the next game, are people still interested? I call dibs on narrating!  :P

Also, do people want to see any changes?
The new roles I've seen proposed and work with how many players we seem to get are the village idiot (is told they're the psychic, they're not, the info they get is decided randomly), the doctor (like the exorcist, only with a 100% chance to save), and a variant where one person has a 50% chance to survive being killed by lynching or by penguin.

Acts to counterbalance a few of the one-sided tricks and tactics.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #673 on: August 06, 2018, 06:15:22 AM »
I'm in.

I'd like to see more custom roles and rules to make the start of the game less guessing more strategy.

I'd also like to see rules that limit PMs without outright banning them.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #674 on: August 06, 2018, 06:23:23 AM »
Definitely in. The Exorcist role was based on the Faith Healer. I also think the vigilante would be a very fitting role to include for this group.

https://www.brenbarn.net/werewolf/rules.html
Vigilante
The vigilante is on the villager team, and has the ability to kill one person at night if she so chooses. She is thus free to act on her own beliefs about who the werewolves are.

The vigilante is "less powerful" than the wolves. If there is only one wolf left, and one vigilante, and the wolf chooses to kill the vigilante, then the vigilante's kill does not take effect. (She is killed before she has a chance to do her own killing.)

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #675 on: August 06, 2018, 06:43:24 AM »
I'd also like to see rules that limit PMs without outright banning them.
How about enhancing the roleplay elements? So you can PM, but you have to say "I go over and talk to [someone]," or "I just PMed [so-and=so]," depending on how you want to act. No need to reveal what's being said, but it does let people know who might be conspiring, and makes sense by the in-universe rules.

Definitely in. The Exorcist role was based on the Faith Healer. I also think the vigilante would be a very fitting role to include for this group.

https://www.brenbarn.net/werewolf/rules.html
Vigilante
The vigilante is on the villager team, and has the ability to kill one person at night if she so chooses. She is thus free to act on her own beliefs about who the werewolves are.

The vigilante is "less powerful" than the wolves. If there is only one wolf left, and one vigilante, and the wolf chooses to kill the vigilante, then the vigilante's kill does not take effect. (She is killed before she has a chance to do her own killing.)
I'll make a sign up thread soon.
My one worry about roles like the vigilante is that the body count will go up much faster. As it is there's only a few days of drawing conclusions. I like some of the idea behind it, but that's one that might depend on how many sign-ups we get.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #676 on: August 06, 2018, 06:44:30 AM »

Yep & yep.

I think there must be some way that the villagers can mimic scuttling off into corners and other rooms to discuss their fears and theorise about each other, form alliances and so forth, natural and not without its dangers as the were’s can use it to their advantage.

I think the PM’ing is self-limiting anyway, a psychic can tell a villager he is the psychic and he has checked them out as okay, but it takes a leap of faith for them to believe it, as the Were would know that too.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #677 on: August 06, 2018, 08:28:12 AM »

Yep & yep.

I think there must be some way that the villagers can mimic scuttling off into corners and other rooms to discuss their fears and theorise about each other, form alliances and so forth, natural and not without its dangers as the were’s can use it to their advantage.

I think the PM’ing is self-limiting anyway, a psychic can tell a villager he is the psychic and he has checked them out as okay, but it takes a leap of faith for them to believe it, as the Were would know that too.

Only Jane was vetted.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #678 on: August 06, 2018, 08:46:58 AM »

Shhhhhhhh.

But we were good people, and you were either a very good judge of character or supremely lucky

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #679 on: August 06, 2018, 12:57:31 PM »
Great job everyone.  I look forward to the next narrator taking over.  I am in. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #680 on: August 06, 2018, 02:24:33 PM »
I'm in if I'm not the stupid village idiot/bitch again...

Oh wait.... That wasn't an actual role yet?  :o ???

I like Juras style of role playing a character as opposed to being yourself. Adds more mystery/intrigue

The werepenguins having a chance to write a death scene is a nice touch.

deadsirius dropping hints in his posting was cool. They are unlikely to be deciphered in game but seeing them after the fact was awesome

As villagers we couldn't be certain of 'how many penguins there are'. If the game has enough players, I'd like to have the amount of penguins in play to be unknown. It makes it harder to trust because you cant rely on a process of elimination. Also the only way to know we got 'em all is if we all survive a night. This could mean despite bagging the last one we still hang an innocent villager lol

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #681 on: August 06, 2018, 02:27:23 PM »
Seem to have enough interest at least!

I'll start a sign-up thread soon, will probably keep it open for longer just to be sure.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #682 on: August 07, 2018, 03:49:25 AM »
Ah shit, I lost in my absence...

Credits to Bullwinkle, I did not suspect him at all, deadsirius was onto him but he told me after I had already told boydster I killed SCG so I couldn't kill him. I'm not sure what deadsirius did that gave him away though. I was away, I came back and suddenly he's dead.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:51:53 AM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #683 on: August 07, 2018, 03:54:12 AM »

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #684 on: August 07, 2018, 05:52:10 AM »
I'm not sure what deadsirius did that gave him away though. I was away, I came back and suddenly he's dead.

Jane said she was voting me more or less at random, and jroa supposedly chose me by coin flip.  If this is true I could very well have survived that night...
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #685 on: August 07, 2018, 06:39:58 AM »
I'm not sure what deadsirius did that gave him away though. I was away, I came back and suddenly he's dead.

Jane said she was voting me more or less at random, and jroa supposedly chose me by coin flip.  If this is true I could very well have survived that night...

The only thing random was which of you died first.