Werepenguins - The Perth Massacre

• 685 Replies

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
Re: Werepenguins - The Perth Massacre
« Reply #570 on: August 03, 2018, 08:00:27 AM »
I didn't start acting suspicious...I started being suspected.  It's an important difference...Like how when you're driving and a cop seems to be following you--you feel like you're doing something wrong even while knowing you're not.

Anyway, Jane corrected my game calculus here, so it turns out Bullwinkle's vote matters more than I thought.  I would say think about how Jane and Jura have suddenly fixated on me with no reason at all.  Your gut was telling you it's Jane--trust in that.

And if this goes south and I do end up dead tonight...you all better think quick about why Jura suddenly started trying to focus attention away from himself right when things started to get tight.  There is more going on here than we know.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #571 on: August 03, 2018, 08:13:32 AM »

Oh, how he seeks to return this to the mundane with his talk of driving, whilst all the time his breath smells of Mom!
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #572 on: August 03, 2018, 08:23:46 AM »
I would say think about how Jane and Jura have suddenly fixated on me with no reason at all.  Your gut was telling you it's Jane--trust in that.
No, we suspect you because:

I'm probably 50/50...wouldn't rule him out.  My gut is leaning away from more obvious choices though; I feel like we're looking at a dark horse candidate here.
You're a) now contradicting yourself by saying we shouldn't go for a dark horse candidate, but also b) tried to distract attention the exact same way I did last game, so presumably your partner is someone we suspected back then. Someone with antlers methinks.

At this rate it's going to turn out SCG is a penguin again and the s'mores are poisoned.

I am growing more convinced of this.
And literally using the tactic Roundy had just described to try and distract suspicion.

For starters. You also seem much more anticipatory than a villager who's awaiting death and doesn't know how to stop it; more like, shall we say, someone that had hoped to win today.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #573 on: August 03, 2018, 08:28:35 AM »
Alright.  As I see it, if moose dose nothing, DS gets lynched.  If he is innocent, then we have lost, as a villager will be killed tonight and then it will be 2:2.  If he votes for Jane, to make a tie, he looks very guilty, and tomorrow, it will be 3:2 until the penguins kill.  If he votes with the majority, and DS is guilty, then that buys us a few days to figure out who the other is.  Vote, moose!

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #574 on: August 03, 2018, 10:26:22 AM »
2 votes for Jane and 3 for deadsirius! I'm on the edge of my seat... WHAT WILL HAPPEN?? This is getting into crunch time, and there is a very real chance that the penguins could take Perth.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #575 on: August 03, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
2 votes for Jane and 3 for deadsirius! I'm on the edge of my seat... WHAT WILL HAPPEN?? This is getting into crunch time, and there is a very real chance that the penguins could take Perth.

Is that a hint?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #576 on: August 03, 2018, 10:44:28 AM »
Only if those who are following along have not been taking note of how important this vote could be. This vote is consequential. Get a penguin, and the pressure is off. Get a villager... Well... It's no bueno. What will the villagers do though? I DON'T KNOW!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #577 on: August 03, 2018, 10:46:54 AM »
What?  I thought we were just voting for people we don't like.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #578 on: August 03, 2018, 10:51:25 AM »
You need to vote for the ones that have penguin breath. They are the murderers.

Unless you are a penguin, in which case do the opposite.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #579 on: August 03, 2018, 10:55:53 AM »
I was waiting for someone to offer me a bribe.   >:(

[I vote to lynch deadsirius]

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #580 on: August 03, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »
I was waiting for someone to offer me a bribe.   >:(

[I vote to lynch deadsirius]
I was going to call you a dick for tormenting us with the anticipation if that counts?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #581 on: August 03, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »

DeadSirius gazed, incredulous, upon the other survivors.  He was suddenly sharply aware of how alone he was.  Only some eldritch mistake of creation could revel in the wanton cruelty displayed by the penguins in the recent days, and here stood, actually accused of being responsible!  The thought of his compatriots believing this sickened him even more than the deaths had.

He struggled to piece together the events of the past few days, but there were gaps. 
Such as the night Crutonius had been on the wrong end of the terrifying Rowbotham Beam. 
He had mourned Cruton's passing in his own way, but even still he had felt a perverse
admiration for the perfect precision of the Rowbotham technology.  No, that wasn't quite
right.  He didn't just admire the beam; it was almost more like he was...proud...of it?  But why should he feel any pride for--

Don't everyone act too hastily... This only has us missing any new salient information that comes up.

Actually I kind of like this idea of Jane and Roundy pulling off some kind of long con here.  It essentially sacrifices one in order to make the other bulletproof...crazy, but intriguing.

Is everyone convinced that at least one of them is guilty?

--he lost his train of thought.  Or rather, his train of thought was derailed, almost like he had been interrupted.  But no one had spoken, no one but him.  Only it wasn't quite him anymore...at first he thought it was just the shock of the surely insane accusation.  But somehow he knew there was more than that.  Something different inside him.  He stared into the shattered mirror behind the bar, but the eyes that gazed back were not his own, and the cold smile slowly spreading across his face belonged to another.

"Who are you?" he whispered to his reflection..."WHAT are you?"

I dunno, if I have to pick... First I'd say having Cowgirl always keep eating S'mores so glibly off the bodies has made me a little suspicious.

That's just a feeling, but that's what I've got.

The villagers couldn't be correct...could they?  No matter--the die has been cast.  If he is to die tonight, it will be better than living with even the possibility that he could be sharing a body with a monster.

I guess I agree.  I'm not sure we're taking all the suspects as seriously as everyone shouldLike you never could have made enemies right away like Roundy and Jane have without sticking your neck out a little, but...hiding in plain site can be a good strategy. 

The phantoms are toasting s'mores, and deadsirius awaits his fate.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #582 on: August 03, 2018, 01:08:27 PM »

I shall accompany you DS, when the time comes, the were gene has you but once you were human, once you were like me, and that Deadsirius I shall mourn.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #583 on: August 03, 2018, 04:41:17 PM »
deadsirius stood accused, his mind starting to put together pieces that he had previously not connected. Careful reflection had already revealed to him what the villagers had suspected on this day. His true identity was none other than Fishcakes von Peckington.

OH! The horror he felt, as he relived flipping the switch on the Great Rowbotham Laser Penetrator. The satisfying click that closed the circuit, the brief but noticeable rumble, followed by the powerful photon beam of utter destruction.

But his horror, in this life, was to be short-lived.

Jura grabbed the rope and Jane grabbed deadsirius. The villagers marched together to the gallows, past the dying embers of their other fallen friends. deadsirius proudly accepted his fate and stood tall as they rope was placed around his neck.

A pull of a level, a drop of a plank, deadsirius' body fell straight down. The breaking of his neck was audible to all that were present. As he hung there, his body slowly began transforming. His hands became flippers. His nose grew into a beak. His eyebrows grew long and bright yellow.

The ghost of Shifter, the village exorcist, approached. He whispered quietly as he hovered around the creature that used to be deadsirius. With a final wave of his hand, Fishcakes von Peckington faded away, seemingly into mist.

An empty rope was left, swaying in the breeze, as the villagers looked on astonished at what had just transpired. Yes, Fishcakes was finally dead. And while they were not going to be able to give their friend, deadsirius, the cremation he so rightly deserved and their s'more cravings desired, they felt at peace knowing that deadsirius had been released from this horrible fate that had been thrust upon him.

Night falls. Pebbles is still watching. Truthterra, can you help guide your fellow villagers to victory?

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #584 on: August 03, 2018, 04:42:34 PM »
Welcome deadsirius.
Let not your sins be a burden to you here.
Many would curse your name.
But few have shed less innocent blood.
Let us raise our ghost s'mores in celebration.
Life has made you a penguin.
Death has made you our friend.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #585 on: August 03, 2018, 04:48:18 PM »
What a jip! I was innocent and wasn't given any respect or dignity! This guy is the reason for so much death and he is your friend??

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #586 on: August 03, 2018, 04:49:39 PM »
Oh my god we finally got  one!

What a jip! I was innocent and wasn't given any respect or dignity! This guy is the reason for so much death and he is your friend??

Well, yeah, you suck.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #587 on: August 03, 2018, 04:56:37 PM »
DINGDONG A PENGUIN IS DEAD!

And the dead villagers feasted on shroomy s'mores and partied like it was 1999.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #588 on: August 03, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »
We finally got one.  Yay!

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #589 on: August 03, 2018, 05:09:14 PM »
Where can a ghost get a beer around here?

Wish I could share in the congratulations, but, well...you know.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #590 on: August 03, 2018, 05:10:59 PM »

I really liked what you wrote after your fate became unavoidable.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #591 on: August 03, 2018, 05:14:21 PM »

Deaddeadsirius.

Ok that was terrible but IT WAS RIGHT THERE COME ON.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #592 on: August 03, 2018, 05:15:40 PM »

I really liked what you wrote after your fate became unavoidable.

Thanks!  Those hidden clues were going to be so much cooler if I'd survived, but this works.

Thank you for the mostly honorable death.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #593 on: August 03, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »
I suspected you ever since you refused the s'more. IT WAS A TEST.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #594 on: August 03, 2018, 05:47:06 PM »
Oh my god we finally got  one!

Well, yeah, you suck.

Maybe so, but if you dimwitted fools listened to me you could have bagged pez from the beginning....

Pez! Your time has come. Will you step forward and die with dignity and honour like your fallen comrade? Or will you protest innocence, murder another and have the most sick, gruesome, disgusting, undignified, horrible death?

Choice is yours...

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #595 on: August 03, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »
Maybe so, but if you dimwitted fools listened to me you could have bagged pez from the beginning....
Except you happily said I was above suspicion last game, and also suspected Pez last game and Roundy this game. Stop acting like your judgement is immaculate. You aren't doing much better than any of us.

There's a reason you keep gettting killed.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #596 on: August 03, 2018, 06:43:46 PM »
Except you happily said I was above suspicion last game, and also suspected Pez last game and Roundy this game. Stop acting like your judgement is immaculate. You aren't doing much better than any of us.

There's a reason you keep gettting killed.

Mark my words. Pez is a penguin. You should have listened to me in the first round but you didn't. Just as people should have listened to me last game. But hey, it's only our lives at stake  ::)

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #597 on: August 03, 2018, 06:47:51 PM »
Mark my words. Pez is a penguin. You should have listened to me in the first round but you didn't. Just as people should have listened to me last game. But hey, it's only our lives at stake  ::)
Last game you said I was innocent and Pez was guilty. If we'd listened to you we would have been screwed. Roundy was wrong this game on top of all that. Seriously. Stop it. You're getting things as wrong as the rest of us.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #598 on: August 03, 2018, 07:05:16 PM »
Last game you said I was innocent and Pez was guilty. If we'd listened to you we would have been screwed. Roundy was wrong this game on top of all that. Seriously. Stop it. You're getting things as wrong as the rest of us.

Last game I was outed as safe, so did what I could to stay alive. I was selfish but pez did deserve it last game anyway. Pez had the opportunity to save our scientist last game but chose to kill him and Roundy led the charge to kill me, the exorcist. There should be consequences to your lynching.

You forget the context behind my calls for lynching. They have always been deserved whether they are penguins or people who knowingly murdered an innocent. And my first votes in each game has nailed a penguin. SCG in the last and Pez here

What's your score in this game?

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #599 on: August 03, 2018, 07:22:35 PM »
You forget the context behind my calls for lynching. They have always been deserved whether they are penguins or people who knowingly murdered an innocent.
Well that's stupid.