Werepenguins - The Perth Massacre

• 685 Replies

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
Re: Werepenguins - The Perth Massacre
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »

Whose round is it? As I intend to be so drunk that I feel no pain should the herring guzzling bastards take me, Roundy! is that an ironic name? Buy the damn drinks.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2018, 02:29:27 PM »

Whose round is it? As I intend to be so drunk that I feel no pain should the herring guzzling bastards take me, Roundy! is that an ironic name? Buy the damn drinks.

It is 90 minutes till dawn.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2018, 02:52:13 PM »
AHH! I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE OF THE SUSPENSE! MY BUTT IS AT MAXIMUM PUCKER!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2018, 02:53:09 PM »
Can we lynch Shifter's ghost next?

So, rather than lynch a possible penguin you are encouraging others to waste a vote? Sounds like something a penguin would say...

YOU CAN NOT SILENCE ME! I will return next night! Hmmm. I feel as though I am being pulled back into the spiritual realm. Rest assured I will come back to haunt you! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAnd for the love of god, please take down my corpse! It starting to stiiiiii...

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2018, 03:59:45 PM »
HOW MUCH LONGER???
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:15 PM »
After the tragic lynching of the village Exorcist, the villagers retired to the Greyfriar's Bar. Some, to think about what they had done, and others, to drown their sorrows. Ichimaru Gin :] is in deep contemplation. He reaches to take up his copy of Earth Not A Globe from the pocket inside his jacket. He always finds the wisdom it contains helpful in times like these. But wait - it's not there. Ah! It's setting on the table already. He opens the tome and begins reading.

It starts as a headache, something like a migraine. Then it manifests into cramps all over the body. After a little while, it feels like thousands of ants crawling underneath his skin. Ichimaru Gin :] is tripping balls. "WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?"

The hallucination intensifies. He feels like the Earth is curving around on itself, wrapping into a ball, leaving him clinging to the outside and trying not to fall off. Suddenly, he starts feeling every movement of its dance around the sun. Ichi is overwhelmed by this intense sensation, frozen simultaneously in fear and debilitating pain, unable to escape the terrifying feeling that he was now flying through the universe on giant wet rock, and - Suddenly he is pulled back into reality as he feels a hand on his shoulder. Relieved for a moment, he decides to turn and face the person helping him. But as he begins to turn, he has a terrifying realization. It's no human hand. It's a flipper. He turns around completely now to face his visitor and sees Pebbles McWaddlebottom maniacally laughing at his misery!

Ichi was unaware when he picked up his book, but the night before, knowing he'd seek guidance from it the very next evening, Pebbles took the chance to expose it to the blood moon's light, amplified through a telescope for maximum effect. That night the moonshramp had turned to deadly blood shramp, magnifying the negative effects of lunar radiation. Anyone picking the book up would immediately feel the intense side effects and eventually be reduced to nothing but a miserable twitching wreck. Remaining hidden in the mini-fridge in Ichi's room was a challenge, but Pebbles was quite flexible and brought a long straw to ensure he was able to breathe. There, Pebbles bided his time, waiting for his victim to be neutralized, before emerging from the fridge to deliver the final blow. An act of mercy, more so than an attack at this point. Pebbles thrust his flipper directly into Ichimaru's heart. Ichi takes one last breath before life escapes his eyes, and falls on the floor in a pool of blood. Pebbles takes his pocket knife out and hastily starts cutting him up, packing up Ichi's remains to bring back to the cliffside tower. Ichi looked like that awesome Lego creation you made, one which some little cousin wrecked and you were too bored to repair, so it's now a barely recognizable assortment of bricks.

Ichimaru Gin :] is no more.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:28 PM »
Day breaks. Finally.

Collect yourselves, and begin the difficult task of putting the pieces together and deciding who, if anyone, will be lynched on this day.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2018, 04:07:15 PM »
Huh.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2018, 04:10:59 PM »
Goodbye Ichi  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2018, 04:12:26 PM »
Well, Jane, that's one of your suspects down the drain.

Fwiw (probably zilch at this point) I no longer believe you are a penguin.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2018, 04:25:22 PM »
Well, Jane, that's one of your suspects down the drain.

Fwiw (probably zilch at this point) I no longer believe you are a penguin.
Seriously, stop channelling BHS with the innocent victim shtick, even if it's true it only makes you look more guilty and trying to manipulate. I voted for you because it wouldn't have done anything, and you've been bringing up the fact I suspected you far more than I ever did. Any times my suspicions might've waned, you just bring them right back. I think you're smarter than BHS, so what conclusion am I meant to draw?

Also, yep, it is one of my suspects down the drain. Which is weird. What penguin in their right mind would target someone who people suspected, who suspicions could easily be stirred against and might be lynched in the daytime? There's motive there.

I'm going to mourn Ichi, try to puzzle out a few things, probably get so drunk at the funeral I pass out for eight hours, but then I seriously think we should take a look at Roundy.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2018, 04:37:37 PM »
Let's try something here.

I think there's a lot of momentum towards lynching Roundy.  But we've got 24 hours so let's try discussing this a little more before actual votes are cast.

Are there any other people we're suspecting?  I myself do suspect Roundy but honestly I'm not all that confident about it.  Can anyone think of a better target to lynch?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2018, 04:39:35 PM »
It is too early for me to decide who to lynch, I have most of tomorrow to make up my mind.

DuckDodgers seemed to know Ichi would be murdered.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »
As I spelled out, I was pretty certain the penguins would follow your game plan and go after no consequence villagers. It was honestly just a guess.

FWIW, I don't think it's Roundy. I'm not who I truly suspect, but I have a sense about Roundy not being a penguin. Call it a hunch.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2018, 06:27:57 PM »
The group instincts seems to be terrible so I'm thinking we should consider an alternate target as well.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2018, 06:30:41 PM »
You people are all as suspicious as last time, so I don't know. 

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2018, 07:56:28 PM »
I've been sitting at the tavern, alone, dejected, drinking all night and into the morning.  Thank God it's a 24 hour joint.  I can hear the whispers.  Some seem to be coming to my defense, but I still feel like there's a good chance I won't live to see night fall.  And all because some chick who bare knows me thinks I've "changed".  Heh!  Ain't it always the way?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2018, 01:01:03 AM »
There's no reason to suspect Roundy the way I see it. I can't decide who it is yet but I will say that if Roundy was a penguin, seeing as he was still a prime suspect before, he wouldn't have murdered another prime suspect, since all the suspicion would fall onto him, with the other suspect removed.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2018, 03:41:22 AM »

The ability to sleep on a bar-stool is an art, one that Jura had unfortunately never mastered, consequently when he started to surface, he did so in some discomfort. Sliding from a semi sitting position against the bar, to smack his head on the brass footrail, his leg spasmed out cracking shin against the juke-box, the machine that had swallowed money, threats and half a pint of heavy the night before without uttering a single note gave a faint click and very faintly began playing the obscure Scottish folk star, Paolo Nutini into Jura’s ear.
Laying on his back, the music washing gently over him as if coming from a different world, he dared to open his eyes, and Paolo sang;

But the flames couldn’t go much higher
We find gods and religions to
To paint us with salvation
But no one
No nobody
Can give you the power

The view looking up revealed by the morning light enhanced with the neon flicker from the juke-box was familiar, like a wooden cathedral, the hidden world of the under-stool, a strange place of name tags, log numbers, random scribbles, lost post its, but most importantly, artworks.
No barroom Michelangelo’s had laboured here though, these creations were Rorschach masterpieces organically constructed from the detritus that gets wiped beneath, chewing-gum and bogies mostly, they took time and a certain frame of mind to decipher, Jura knew this was important, Paolo was telling him.

Over fear and into freedom
You just got to hold on!
You just got to hold on!

Letting his eyes glaze, the blobs, swirls and stains, shifted and slithered until patterns and figures began to form, allow your gaze to brush them lightly, never force and it will come. And there it was, a story board of matchless simplicity, tears threatened to obscure the message, but Jura would not be denied.

The blind child had been left to play with the piñata but had wandered, and was now poised to strike the wasp nest hanging from the tree on the edge of the ravine.

Jura fumbled for his felt-tip pen he kept for times such as this, Paolo urged him on; 

From which we’ll rise over love
Over hate
From this iron sky

In scratchy blue, Jura wrote; Aggression without wise regulation is self-harm.

And Paolo sang on, as he hurried to find the others, he had a plan that would save them, Jura knew what to do.

And Paolo sang on.

Over fear and into freedom
You just got to hold on!
You just got to hold on!

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2018, 03:55:48 AM »

Jura’s Proclamation.

Stop killing, we have a prophet working for us, he must be allowed to work.

No one to vote before the prophet.

If the prophet knows who the penguins are he will vote for a penguin whilst saying, "but it could have been so and so."

We all pile in and kill one and get the next one the next day.

A penguin may lie and get one of us killed but still a penguin dies, and the prophet works on.

If the prophet does not yet know then we need numbers to shroud him, if we lynch on a hunch we may kill our only hope or diminish the pool they have to choose from, history tells us that random lynching’s do not work.

Jura.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2018, 04:28:29 AM »

Or…. Kill Bully, Why?

I think the penguins would have enjoyed the deja-vu of us killing an important person straight of the bat, that would have led them straight to Bully as the logical first strike (as he was last time) to increase the parallel, instead they chose Gin.

Also, Bully having been told why he was targeted last time would have come out of the traps with a more proactive persona, but he didn’t, re-setting to default one-liners, as he doesn’t have to worry.

I saw him lay an egg! (actually, that’s a lie, sorry)

(But I still think the proclamation is the best way, it's just a slow morning at work)

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2018, 04:35:58 AM »

The juke-box plays on.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2018, 04:36:11 AM »
There's no reason to suspect Roundy the way I see it. I can't decide who it is yet but I will say that if Roundy was a penguin, seeing as he was still a prime suspect before, he wouldn't have murdered another prime suspect, since all the suspicion would fall onto him, with the other suspect removed.
I only half-agree. It doesn't make sense for any penguin to kill a prime suspect, if things stayed the same we'd have lynched either Roundy or Ichi presumably and both are innocents, which is what the penguins want.
There's nothing I can see anyone get out of Ichi's death. Sure, it sparks confusion, but not in a 'what could the motive be?' way, but in a 'that was a legitimately terrible decision' way. It doesn't make sense to go after people that might die anyway.
The only benefit I've seen anyone get from this, and I've had a while to think, is Roundy deflecting suspicion. It seems too tenuous for a framejob, but beyond that...

It's not concrete, I'll be the first to admit that, but do we have any more likely suspects?

Stop killing, we have a prophet working for us, he must be allowed to work.

No one to vote before the prophet.

If the prophet knows who the penguins are he will vote for a penguin whilst saying, "but it could have been so and so."
We don't know who the prophet is. Maybe I am, maybe you are, maybe Roundy is and I've gotten it completely wrong. Either way the prophet can't reveal themselves because they'd either be a) a penguin lying to trick us, or b) dead the next night because the penguins saw.
For example, maybe Pez is the prophet and he's saying Roundy's safe because he checked last night. That's possible; it's also possible Pez is a penguin working to save his penguin compatriot, or that Roundy's innocent and Pez is just smarter than me.
I agree that staying quiet and letting the prophet work is one route, and should be considered, my problem is that it becomes very luck based. We pretty much have to rely on the prophet discovering both penguins before getting eaten. In that case, reducing the pool of likely suspects will help.

Random lynching didn't work before because a penguin actively influenced opinion and altered focus. In light of that, I'll take a leaf out of your book.

Jane's Proclamation
I stumble up onto a bar stool to yell my theories while no one listens.

Never forget your suspicions. Don't let anything distract you from the people you did worry about: that might be the penguins' goal.
If you get new information and things change, adapt accordingly, but remember what made you suspect in the first place, see if it's outweighed.

Last time the innocents had SCG in their sights, but they were convinced to go a different direction. Hunch-based lynching can work so long as we trust ourselves.

Pezevenk

« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2018, 05:50:08 AM »
Yes, but we also have to account for the prophet this time. It's an advantage we didn't have last time. But we still have very little to work with. Maybe it's jroa who has kept a low profile so far. Idk.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2018, 05:54:40 AM »
I will pour a drink out for our lost brothers.  Frankly I suspected ichimaru (not sure why...I just did for some reason).  Wrong again.

Anyway, I figure it's about time to get myself on the radar a bit.  One thing I've learned in my studies of werepenguin behavior is that they tend to pick off the least suspected party members first, allowing the more suspicious to destroy each other in the meantime.  Since no one has yet mentioned me, I'm beginning to feel like a prime target for the penguins.

Here's my thoughts at the moment:

Jane/SCG:  the only ones with a proven track record as penguins.  They ran the board last time and know what they're doing.  Highly improbable that it would be both of them again, but I wouldn't rule out one of them.

Jura:  Seems to be the only one advocating for inaction.  Honestly I can see the wisdom in this, but...it would be a brilliant piece of misdirection for a penguin watching its own hide...

Roundy:  Seems to have drawn suspicion, though I don't really know why.  His response does not encourage me, but for some reason I don't like choice.  Again, we all know what my instinct is worth though...

Pez:  as before, he seems like a possibility...but only just a possibility.  He's hard to read but I'm not quite ready to throw suspicion on him...yet.

Jroa:  suspicious to me...but maybe that's just the way he is.  I would probably support a movement to lynch, though admittedly not for any great reason.

DuckDodgers:  I think it's quite likely he's either the truthterra...or a penguin.  This would be a high risk/high reward type of choice, so I'm willing to go with the majority on this one.

Bullwinkle:  probably benign, but...maybe.

Crouton:  a little too innocent-seeming.  If the penguins don't take him early he will become suspect to me but not yet.

In short, to narrow it down by half, I could see going after jroa, DuckDodgers (risky), Jura, and Space Cowgirl or Jane (but not both).

Hopefully this makes me less of an obvious target for the devil birds...
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2018, 05:57:01 AM »
Edit...in the section on roundy I meant to say "...I don't like this choice"
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2018, 05:59:24 AM »
Yes, but we also have to account for the prophet this time. It's an advantage we didn't have last time. But we still have very little to work with. Maybe it's jroa who has kept a low profile so far. Idk.

Since our instincts are always wrong, I recommend intentionally targeting whoever we think the prophet is. That way he'll be safe from us.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2018, 06:03:45 AM »
If I was a penguin, it would make much more sense for me to advocate to lynch or kill people whom others think are innocent.  They are the competition as one less vote for them is a more likely vote for the penguins.  I would also advocate to lynch people that I feel are on my tracks, or, I could advocate to lynch random people, like SCG and Jane did in order to throw everyone against each other. 

I don't know, and feel bad about speculating.

Pezevenk

« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2018, 06:09:46 AM »
If I had to vote I'd vote jroa or SCG so far. SCG is doing exactly the exact same thing she was doing last game. I have a hunch for jroa but... Our hunches have been pretty bad so far. And I don't think both of them are penguins, but probably one of them is. Not sure. Next on my list are probably deadsirius and Jane. I need a bit more time though. I don't think I'll vote before someone else does. When does the day end?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2018, 06:13:38 AM »
One interesting thing about the prophet is that the penguins are as much in the dark about this individual as we are. So openly speculating on who it is could be a bad thing.