Gravity.

• 56 Replies

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Gravity.
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 04:32:30 PM »
Quote from: "Captain_Bubblebum"

man, was that your answer to my question of the FE theory of the accelerating earth?  are you saying that the dark energy just ignores us and moves the earth, so in other words we're just along for the ride?

Obviously.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Gravity.
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 04:35:28 PM »
well that just doesn't make sense.  why would it not effect our bodies, yet be the cause of all planets and stars accelerating upwards?
care to take a gander at my Haemorrhoids?

Sanirius

• ~rawr~
Gravity.
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 10:34:20 PM »
well that just doesn't make sense.  why would it not effect our bodies, yet be the cause of all planets and stars accelerating upwards?

It's one of lives many mysteries.... Like why are there little toy soldiers stuck in my nose?
- Homer Simpson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Gravity.
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 11:02:53 PM »
well that just doesn't make sense.

Are you floating around?  No?  Well then, I guess the UA doesn't affect you.

-- Bob Hudson

Gravity.
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 04:28:23 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
well that just doesn't make sense.

Are you floating around?  No?  Well then, I guess the UA doesn't affect you.

Either that or...*gasp :o * the round earth theory is actually true.
ome over to the conspiracy, We have cookies.

Gravity.
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 07:18:17 AM »
There are too many questions and not enough answers here.

You guys just never give a straight answer. This idea of yours is just stupidity in a nut shell.

There is more proof for a RE than a FE. However, we Round Earthers also have some common sense which you lot seem to lack...

?

GeoGuy

Gravity.
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 07:23:25 AM »
Tell you what, BeanDip. You gather all he questions you feel haven't been answered in this thread into one post, and I'll try to answer them. Other wise, fugetaboutit.

Re: Gravity.
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 07:27:02 AM »
Quote from: "baron_of_bean_dip"
If the Earth is flat how does gravity work?

If the Earth is round, there is one force pulling everything to a central point (the center of the Earth). So how would it work if the Earth is flat?

Also, where is the middle of the Earth? Not the center, just the middle of the flat area.

In a lot of photos and in certain areas of the world... you can actually see the curvature of the Earth on the horizon. How is this explained? Finally, if the earth is flat, how can you watch a boat sail over the horizon? Now that I think about it... if the Earth is flat, how is there a horizon?

I'd like all of my questions answered please... I'm interested in this.

Omg, look in the FAQ. It's not like you are the first to ask this. All of these things are explained very well in the FAQ as well as in the Rowbotham's book the FAQ is refering to.

Gravity.
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 07:30:27 AM »
Hahaha, if the Earth is accelerating upwards all the time, how? Whats pushing/pulling it upwards? And surely that means something must also be pushing/pulling the Sun, Moon, other planets... right?

And what force helps the universe to keep expanding? I mean, surely some force must be constantly driving the universe to expand as well, which most likely could be the same force pushing the Earth upwards.

The universe is accelerating, not decelaring, as some might expect. Some force must be behind it, right?

Spacehopperjoe

• He dosnt sleep, he waits.
Gravity.
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2007, 07:44:55 AM »
Quote from: "Theissen"

And what force helps the universe to keep expanding? I mean, surely some force must be constantly driving the universe to expand as well, which most likely could be the same force pushing the Earth upwards.

You can just say the universe is expanding!!! I have been to the edge and there is a big fuck off ice wall that stops the universe from going anyfurther than its meant to!!!
Read the FAQ first, it will save half of you looking like fools!

Sanirius

• ~rawr~
Gravity.
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 07:51:13 AM »
Hahaha, if the Earth is accelerating upwards all the time, how? Whats pushing/pulling it upwards? And surely that means something must also be pushing/pulling the Sun, Moon, other planets... right?

The universe is accelerating, not decelaring, as some might expect. Some force must be behind it, right?

Well... according to .. i dunno who... the big bang made the ... whatever was before our universe go BOOM and thats why everything is moving in all directions apart from each other, since space is a vacuum it can go on for ever

Gravity.
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 08:02:37 AM »
You know what? I'll make a survey for you guys... and I don't want some crappy half-arsed answers either. No dodging around this one.

I'll do it whenever I have time.

Spacehopperjoe

• He dosnt sleep, he waits.
Gravity.
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 08:18:40 AM »
Oh thanks for the heads up for the survey, i look forward to it. Haha

(Edinburgh rocks so much more than shitty glasgow!!! by the by)
Read the FAQ first, it will save half of you looking like fools!

Gravity.
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 09:25:45 AM »
Quote from: "Sanirius"

Well... according to .. i dunno who... the big bang made the ... whatever was before our universe go BOOM and thats why everything is moving in all directions apart from each other, since space is a vacuum it can go on for ever

Well, there you have it.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Gravity.
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2007, 10:09:31 AM »

Well, there you have it.

And that explains the acceleration...how?

-- Bob Hudson

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Gravity.
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2007, 10:11:13 AM »

Why would nuclear fusion not occur in our bodies, yet be the cause of all the stars emitting heat and light?

Why would rust not affect gold, yet tarnish most other metals?

Why would the door of my refrigerator not affect apples or pillows, yet attract a vast army of tiny calendars, real estate brokerage ads, grocery lists, pizza delivery numbers, and sundry other household items?

p.s. HINT: all these questions can be answered as one.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Gravity.
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2007, 10:18:12 AM »
It's one of lives many mysteries.... Like why are there little toy soldiers stuck in my nose?
- Homer Simpson

Quote from: "Fry"
It's one of those questions man was never meant to answer, like "What's the cube root of a billion?"

Gravity.
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2007, 10:32:59 AM »

Well, there you have it.

And that explains the acceleration...how?

I don't know. Big bang doesn't explain the acceleration in any way, but apparently it's good enough for Sanirius.

Gravity.
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »
The big bang explains it a lot more than "DARK FORCES ZOOMING IT!"

Something goes "BANG" makes a big explosion... sends everything else flying outwards. Pretty much...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Gravity.
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2007, 03:08:43 PM »

Something goes "BANG" makes a big explosion... sends everything else flying outwards. Pretty much...

...at a constant velocity.

-- Bob Hudson

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Gravity.
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2007, 04:56:43 PM »

...at a constant velocity.

People do not know why the Universe is accelerating, but people blame Dark Energy.

Gravity.
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2007, 11:10:10 PM »
Why would nuclear fusion not occur in our bodies, yet be the cause of all the stars emitting heat and light?

The human body is not as massive as a star.

Because Gold is a noble metal, and metals that corrode are not.

Why would the door of my refrigerator not affect apples or pillows, yet attract a vast army of tiny calendars, real estate brokerage ads, grocery lists, pizza delivery numbers, and sundry other household items?

We don't care.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Gravity.
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2007, 11:36:32 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

Neither is an atomic bomb...

-- Bob Hudson

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Gravity.
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2007, 11:37:26 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

Because Gold is a noble metal, and metals that corrode are not.

We don't care.

Aside from your last answer, which is dumb, all of your answers have in common "because the one thing is different from the other thing".  Similarly, UA doesn't affect our bodies, but does affect the stars and planets, because they are different and react differently to different forces.  They're not the same, so you can't assume they'll behave the same way.

Gravity.
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2007, 03:53:34 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Aside from your last answer, which is dumb, all of your answers have in common "because the one thing is different from the other thing".  Similarly, UA doesn't affect our bodies, but does affect the stars and planets, because they are different and react differently to different forces.  They're not the same, so you can't assume they'll behave the same way.

what can stars have incommon with planets that would attract such a force as dark energy?  is it because they are big? like really really big?  that'd be my guess.  whats yours?
care to take a gander at my Haemorrhoids?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
Gravity.
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2007, 04:03:30 PM »

Gee, but using the same logic, when you see something in nature (read: UNIVERSE) repeat the same pattern over and over and over and over and never changing, wouldn't that mean that it's pretty much law that maybe, just maybe the earth would follow the same pattern?

I mean, really, I have argued this before (with only stupid lame unexplained responses) as to why would the earth be the only exception from the observable universe that it would not be spheroidal, and instead flat?

Also, a simple deduction into an object validity as a spheroidal body would be it's apparent rotation. You can SEE in a time-enhanced video of a local lanet, such as Jupiter, that it rotates, but looks flat. i don't know about you, but i'd say that is a pretty safe bet that it's spheroidal, since when I want to look at the reverse side of a coin, it doesn't magically change it's one side, and neither does a planet or star. I have to FLIP the coin to see it, and the same would have to happen for the planet. It's "disc" would have to flip. And I don't see any flipping happening.

?

me

Gravity.
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2007, 04:16:09 PM »

Fusion that occurs in the stars (correct me if im wrong) happens when hydrogen atoms/nuclei collide which is hard seeing as they repel each other (same charges repel, opposites attract) . What is required is lots and lots of kinetic energy so they collide anyway

Why would rust not affect gold, yet tarnish most other metals? Rust is only for iron. Gold corrodes, but because it is very unreactive it is a slow process and it can be displaced anyway which is why gold is often found "native"

Why would the door of my refrigerator not affect apples or pillows, yet attract a vast army of tiny calendars, real estate brokerage ads, grocery lists, pizza delivery numbers, and sundry other household items? It does not attract it, you put it there

p.s. HINT: all these questions can be answered as one or separately.