Werepenguins Round 2 Spectators' Thread

• 153 Replies

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Werepenguins Round 2 Spectators' Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »
Wait, there have been four nights but only two names there. Which means either Bullwinkle sucks as the psychic, or he knows more than we found out. And those seem to be only the first two nights, so it's wholly possible that he actually found the other penguin, and that it's just not being revealed because it'd end the game.
Someone go back and check who Bullwinkle suspected, I'm going to sleep.

Jane - presents her opinions as facts to manipulate people into blindly following her

(while she picks us off one by one)

HELLO
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:38:31 PM by Roundy the Truthinessist »
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »
I voted for Pez and myself. Because lynching Pez lynches me at the same time. And I just want to rest.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2018, 05:51:21 AM »
There's a dynamic I've noticed this game.  The penguins are trying to find the psychic while the psychic builds a coalition.  It's only a matter of time until the psychic has enough support to effectively win the game.

There's a custom role that seems like a joke but could help to make this dynamic more interesting, the village idiot.  The narrator tells him he's a psychic but he isn't.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2018, 02:51:55 PM »
There's a dynamic I've noticed this game.  The penguins are trying to find the psychic while the psychic builds a coalition.  It's only a matter of time until the psychic has enough support to effectively win the game.

There's a custom role that seems like a joke but could help to make this dynamic more interesting, the village idiot.  The narrator tells him he's a psychic but he isn't.

I like the idea of a double agent. A villager who knows the status of the penguins, but is not one of them. He votes in a way the penguins like to ensure he survives the nights. (No guarantee about the lynching though).

Someone who can withstand 1 penguin attack and if they are attacked they are given a hint as to the identity of the penguin. If they are attacked again their survivability is 50%. If they survive the 2nd time they are given the identity of the penguin. This makes it so the penguins have an element of risk when they decide to kill someone

The number of penguins in play should be unknown. Is it 2, 3 or 4? (depending on the size of the game). We don't know until either no one is killed during a night or when someone dies the penguin signs their name on the victim. (so it may take 3 nights and 3 different names before the villagers know that there are 3 penguins afoot!)

If a doctor/exorcist wants to protect a villager but has instead given the name of a penguin that was supposed to be killing on that night, the doctor/exorcist dies (perhaps in addition to another villager the penguin wanted to kill).

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place