God?

• 68 Replies

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Re: God?
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2018, 03:31:36 PM »
Religion for me would be easier (maybe) if there only ever was one single religion.... the fact that there have been many screams bullshit to me

Actually, I believe it actually screams the opposite. If thousands of people claimed to have witnessed the 9/11 attacks with a similar story line, then it's reasonable to assume that these thousands of people saw something of that nature, you may get conflicting stories, and down right lies of what happened, but the core premise is consistent throughout. Same with religion, you'll get spin offs, cults, sects, and denominations. Often times they almost completely contradict each other. Yet all of these religions share the same premise that something/someone intelligent had at least some part in creating what we are.   
How many of them witnessed the universe being created?

No, but you don't have to directly witness the event to say that it happened. Going back to my 9/11 analogy, I'm sure there are thuosands of people who while they didn't actually see the planes hit, they did witness the after effects
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2018, 03:38:07 PM »
Of course I can prove God....This "flat earth " proves HIM, this is described in the book of geneses, job, Samuel...through out the scriptures....HE has created all things.....and this is HIS world.

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »
arrogant atheist view on the universe
What's so arrogant about not believing in a deity?

Doesn't have to be a worshippable diety. A belief in anything beyond our own dimensional existence that created the universe. Any 'higher power'. This does not mean who/whatever is omnipotent, has an afterlife for us humans, gives a shit about humans on Earth or has some kind of moral or ethical code. Could be looooong gone now. It could be the universe itself is one living entity. Who the hell knows? I talk about the atheists who have closed their minds to any possibility that anything outside their understanding or view of the universe is all there is to see. I do not regard these people as intelligent. The intelligent ones (like the famous Einstein) had an open mind.

For some people... their views are so integrated with their identity, that opposition is almost a personal attack....

Imagine die hard Vegans, Social justice warrior snowflake... if I walk up to some of these people and say I'm pro Trump  (or obama) not because of the personality bit because of policy.... it doesn't matter. YOUR NOT GRABBING MY PUSS!!!

shifter is so down with some God, he thinks the Earth was flattened by his godly gastric wind...

Good luck expecting a rational debate with the irrational.... these forums are just endless point-cointerpoint and to change your view or acknowledge a good point is weakness....

So I'd rather comment on people's character while y'all debate

I do not believe the Earth is flat or any God currently worshipped here on Earth. It is unknown. Unknown does not mean non existent or impossible. Check your facts about someone before you spew your shit

For some people... their views are so integrated with their identity, that opposition is almost a personal attack....

Imagine die hard Vegans, Social justice warrior snowflake... if I walk up to some of these people and say I'm pro Trump  (or obama) not because of the personality bit because of policy.... it doesn't matter. YOUR NOT GRABBING MY PUSS!!!

shifter is so down with some God, he thinks the Earth was flattened by his godly gastric wind...

Good luck expecting a rational debate with the irrational.... these forums are just endless point-cointerpoint and to change your view or acknowledge a good point is weakness....

You're*

You don't need to accept God as concrete fact to be religious (I'm not sure, I acknowledge I'm not sure, I'm still a Jew). Not everyone who admits the possiblity exists is irrational.

Shifter is not talking about possibility.... he is all in to the point of flat earth....

#irrational

Same advice, as above.

A higher source being unknown is consistent with what I've been saying... as for the rest.... lighten up pussy
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2018, 07:18:13 PM »

You're*

You don't need to accept God as concrete fact to be religious (I'm not sure, I acknowledge I'm not sure, I'm still a Jew). Not everyone who admits the possiblity exists is irrational.

Shifter is not talking about possibility.... he is all in to the point of flat earth....

#irrational

This is a total bullshit statement. It is at odds with reality. If you wish to salvage any credibility at all you will retract this bullshit claim. I'm not even sure how you got to that point of delusion about me

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2018, 10:47:44 PM »
Of course I can prove God....This "flat earth " proves HIM, this is described in the book of geneses, job, Samuel...through out the scriptures....HE has created all things.....and this is HIS world.

You can't say there's proof of God by quoting scripture especially when not everybody agrees that the Bible claims that the earth is flat such as myself. If you want to provide evidence for God then you need to provide historical or scientific evidence.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2018, 03:41:59 AM »
Doesn't have to be a worshippable diety. A belief in anything beyond our own dimensional existence
Our own "dimensional existence"?  Does that even mean anything?

Any 'higher power'. This does not mean who/whatever is omnipotent, has an afterlife for us humans, gives a shit about humans on Earth or has some kind of moral or ethical code. Could be looooong gone now. It could be the universe itself is one living entity. Who the hell knows?
Yes, I'm open to the possibility, however I'm still an atheist.  I have no faith or belief in a deity.  If some evidence changes my mind I might not be an atheist, until then I am. 
You are into Russel's teapot territory:

"In an article titled "Is There a God?" commissioned, but never published, by Illustrated magazine in 1952, Russell wrote:

Many orthodox people speak as though it were the business of sceptics to disprove received dogmas rather than of dogmatists to prove them. This is, of course, a mistake. If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.[2]

In 1958, Russell elaborated on the analogy:

I ought to call myself an agnostic; but, for all practical purposes, I am an atheist. I do not think the existence of the Christian God any more probable than the existence of the Gods of Olympus or Valhalla. To take another illustration: nobody can prove that there is not between the Earth and Mars a china teapot revolving in an elliptical orbit, but nobody thinks this sufficiently likely to be taken into account in practice. I think the Christian God just as unlikely.[3]"
I've highlighted the the line that perfectly captures my position.

You still haven't explained why this is arrogant.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2018, 03:45:56 AM »
No, but you don't have to directly witness the event to say that it happened. Going back to my 9/11 analogy, I'm sure there are thuosands of people who while they didn't actually see the planes hit, they did witness the after effects
Yes, and in a previous age, one without modern media evidence, they would have attributed the destruction of those buildings to an angry god.  The buildings were destroyed because their arrogance angered the god, and the sinful population of New York needed to be punished.  Sodom and Gomorrah all over again.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »

You're*

#irrational

This is a total bullshit statement. It is at odds with reality. If you wish to salvage any credibility at all you will retract this bullshit claim. I'm not even sure how you got to that point of delusion about me

It's hard to tell the religious FE from the religious non FE'rs here sometimes... but, ultimately the people I wish to maintain credibility with don't visit this site
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2018, 05:51:32 PM »
Does anyone have actual proof of god beside the bible and feelings?

Define proof.