You just got Weskered, bitches!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: God?
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »
Left arm!

Father Abraham had many sons, many sons had father Abraham. I am one of them, and so are you, so let's just praise the lord!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 11:57:22 AM »
My view on God is that life is a mystery and everyone must stand alone. I hear you call my name and it feels like home. When you call my name it's like a little prayer.

What if god was one of us? Like a stranger on the bus trying to make his way home or something you know...
Then He wouldn't be God, now would He?

Your own personal Jesus.
Someone who hears your prayers, someone who cares.
Da na na NA na na da nana Na na
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 12:21:45 PM »
Left arm!

Father Abraham had many sons, many sons had father Abraham. I am one of them, and so are you, so let's just praise the lord!
Right arm, left arm, right foot!

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2018, 12:44:14 PM »
Religion for me would be easier (maybe) if there only ever was one single religion.... the fact that there have been many screams bullshit to me
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 12:52:20 PM »
All worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2018, 01:06:48 PM »
Behold His noodly goodness, Ramen.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »
Does anyone have actual proof of god beside the bible and feelings?

"Proof" is a sticky word; some philosophers have believed that it's impossible to completely prove anything. But there is evidence that some kind of intelligent and/or willful Creator exists, yes. Fairly strong evidence, really. Not the judeo-christian God, obviously, but there certainly seems to be something that at least set the controls in motion so that intelligent life could exist and perhaps flourish in the universe, and that something must have possessed intelligence. So I call it God; YMMV.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2018, 07:05:11 PM »

"Proof" is a sticky word; some philosophers have believed that it's impossible to completely prove anything. But there is evidence that some kind of intelligent and/or willful Creator exists, yes. Fairly strong evidence, really. Not the judeo-christian God, obviously, but there certainly seems to be something that at least set the controls in motion so that intelligent life could exist and perhaps flourish in the universe, and that something must have possessed intelligence. So I call it God; YMMV.

ALRIGHT!!!! ENOUGH!!!!

It was me

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2018, 07:58:37 PM »

Care to share some of this evidence?

I don't profess to be correct.
I am correct.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2018, 10:58:04 PM »
Left arm!

Right arm, left arm, right foot!

Father Abraham had many sons, and many sons had father Abraham. I am one of them, and so are you, so let's just praise The Lord!

Right arm, left arm, right foot, left foot.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2018, 11:07:33 PM »
Religion for me would be easier (maybe) if there only ever was one single religion.... the fact that there have been many screams bullshit to me

Actually, I believe it actually screams the opposite. If thousands of people claimed to have witnessed the 9/11 attacks with a similar story line, then it's reasonable to assume that these thousands of people saw something of that nature, you may get conflicting stories, and down right lies of what happened, but the core premise is consistent throughout. Same with religion, you'll get spin offs, cults, sects, and denominations. Often times they almost completely contradict each other. Yet all of these religions share the same premise that something/someone intelligent had at least some part in creating what we are.   
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2018, 11:24:51 PM »

Actually, I believe it actually screams the opposite. If thousands of people claimed to have witnessed the 9/11 attacks with a similar story line, then it's reasonable to assume that these thousands of people saw something of that nature, you may get conflicting stories, and down right lies of what happened, but the core premise is consistent throughout. Same with religion, you'll get spin offs, cults, sects, and denominations. Often times they almost completely contradict each other. Yet all of these religions share the same premise that something/someone intelligent had at least some part in creating what we are.   

Like "something flew into something somewhere"?

Pezevenk

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2018, 12:52:46 AM »

How many of them witnessed the universe being created?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2018, 01:26:13 AM »

Do you need witnesses?

Einstein has a good parable for that
The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of the human mind, even the greatest and most cultured, toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that sways the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza's Pantheism. I admire even more his contributions to modern thought. Spinoza is the greatest of modern philosophers, because he is the first philosopher who deals with the soul and the body as one, not as two separate things.

Here is some things Albert Einstein said on spirituality
A human being is part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. The true value of a human being is determined by the measure and the sense in which they have obtained liberation from the self. We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if humanity is to survive. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.

I cannot conceive of a personal God who would directly influence the actions of individuals, or would directly sit in judgment on creatures of his own creation. I cannot do this in spite of the fact that mechanistic causality has, to a certain extent, been placed in doubt by modern science. [He was speaking of Quantum Mechanics and the breaking down of determinism.] My religiosity consists in a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit that reveals itself in the little that we, with our weak and transitory understanding, can comprehend of reality. Morality is of the highest importance -- but for us, not for God.
Nothing wrong with a belief in a higher power or God or whatever without 'evidence'. Faith is something is better than nothing at all. Even the words greatest and smartest minds did not resign themselves to an arrogant atheist view on the universe

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2018, 01:37:32 AM »
Even the words greatest and smartest minds did not resign themselves to an arrogant atheist view on the universe

There are lots of atheistic as well as theistic scientists, at least since the 19th century. Before that you could be killed for being an atheist.

Likewise there are lots of arrogant and non-arrogant atheists and theists.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2018, 02:57:40 AM »
Even the words greatest and smartest minds did not resign themselves to an arrogant atheist view on the universe

Not true, for I am an atheist!
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2018, 03:22:17 AM »

Not true, for I am an atheist!

But you are definitely not an arrogant atheist, just a very stable genius.

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2018, 05:14:03 AM »
arrogant atheist view on the universe
What's so arrogant about not believing in a deity?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2018, 06:08:26 AM »

But you are definitely not an arrogant atheist, just a very stable genius.

Tis so, FP (possibly my most favouritist poster at this moment) but sadly Shitfer (The most arrogant person here) considers those who do not agree with him to be worthy of an insult, for this topic he has chosen “arrogant”.

For those of us who look at the world, and seeing River-blindness, hominivorax screw-flies and “Love-island” cannot imagine a deity who would conceive such monstrous things, let alone be worthy of praise for having done so, we see a universe that is indifferent to our tiny lives, but no less beautiful and magnificent in parts for that.

“Where there is evidence, no one speaks of 'faith'. We do not speak of faith that two and two are four or that the earth is round. We only speak of faith when we wish to substitute emotion for evidence.” -Bertrand Russell.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

RocketSauce

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2018, 06:39:21 AM »

For some people... their views are so integrated with their identity, that opposition is almost a personal attack....

Imagine die hard Vegans, Social justice warrior snowflake... if I walk up to some of these people and say I'm pro Trump  (or obama) not because of the personality bit because of policy.... it doesn't matter. YOUR NOT GRABBING MY PUSS!!!

shifter is so down with some God, he thinks the Earth was flattened by his godly gastric wind...

Good luck expecting a rational debate with the irrational.... these forums are just endless point-cointerpoint and to change your view or acknowledge a good point is weakness....

So I'd rather comment on people's character while y'all debate

*fact*

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2018, 06:44:22 AM »

For some people... their views are so integrated with their identity, that opposition is almost a personal attack....

Imagine die hard Vegans, Social justice warrior snowflake... if I walk up to some of these people and say I'm pro Trump  (or obama) not because of the personality bit because of policy.... it doesn't matter. YOUR NOT GRABBING MY PUSS!!!

shifter is so down with some God, he thinks the Earth was flattened by his godly gastric wind...

Good luck expecting a rational debate with the irrational.... these forums are just endless point-cointerpoint and to change your view or acknowledge a good point is weakness....

You're*

You don't need to accept God as concrete fact to be religious (I'm not sure, I acknowledge I'm not sure, I'm still a Jew). Not everyone who admits the possiblity exists is irrational.

I don't profess to be correct.
I am correct.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2018, 07:13:01 AM »
“Where there is evidence, no one speaks of 'faith'. We do not speak of faith that two and two are four or that the earth is round. We only speak of faith when we wish to substitute emotion for evidence.” -Bertrand Russell.

I have no faith that two and two are four. Every time it happens I am baffled again.

RocketSauce

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2018, 11:15:05 AM »

You're*

You don't need to accept God as concrete fact to be religious (I'm not sure, I acknowledge I'm not sure, I'm still a Jew). Not everyone who admits the possiblity exists is irrational.

Shifter is not talking about possibility.... he is all in to the point of flat earth....

#irrational

*fact*

Pezevenk

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »

Do you need witnesses?

Luke made a silly equivalence. The question was meant to demonstrate it's silly.

Here is some things Albert Einstein said on spirituality
That was irrelevant both to my question and to your argument.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2018, 11:43:01 AM »
Some retarts think being an atheist means you think you're God, or that you know everything, or something dumb like that.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

RocketSauce

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2018, 01:52:36 PM »

I'm not so sure... your abrahamic religions maybe, but then take into account the European pagens, the Hawaiians, the native Americans, the people of India, eruptions, south americams, central americans, various parts of Africa, Easter Isle,  ancient Greeks, luke skywalker, vikings.... romans... the Golden Bull from the old testiment... that fuck that thought the mother ship was flying behind Hale-Bopp...

Those were religions not based off typical Abrahamic religion.

And even to your 9/11 point.... an event happens, then you get a series of retellings with various degrees of truth.... now the story is retold and reinterpreted to Godzilla smashing the buildings and king Kong fucking a hole in the Pentagon (or the other way around)

Now while the event still happened I can't trust any version that I hear, which leads me to my original point... I'm not smart enough to deny a higher "thing" but it is sures shits not what people are telling me it is.... because the whole "you've got to have faith" thing comes into play and assholes start making up phrases like.... it doesn't matter which religion you believe as long as you are spiritual.... fuck you, suck my sack.... it's either right or wrong, either it did or it didnt.... Does doesnt... And if you go Old Testiment... death to those who don't believe in the right god...

My religion should not be based on what patch of dirt I happened to be squeezed out of my mother's twat on.... or what culture I was raised in, or what year I happened to be born on

And until a supernatural event takes place (like they used to, apparently) that i can witness and not explain away with science or eventual science.... something undeniable...  i am skeptical... don't give me some vague ass shit third story, well this one time... or LOVE is god.... no... turn someone into a pillar of salt.. confuse the languages.... fuck, give me some David Copperfield stunt that stands up to scrutiny

Like I've told people in RL... the moment I see a ghost, I'll be the most crazy Jesus freak born again annoying motherfuck you've ever seen.... because that would be proof to me that spirits CAN exist

Or maybe if I finally try shrooms and am enlightened... either way
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:59:51 PM by RocketSauce »

*fact*

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2018, 02:00:49 PM »

... the moment I see a ghost, I'll be the most crazy Jesus freak born again annoying motherfuck you've ever seen....

The thing is that the only people who see ghosts are people who believe in ghosts.

RocketSauce

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2018, 02:02:38 PM »
Only people that identify the voices in their head as Jesus can not be trusted

(Lots of people can't be trusted, not just loons)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:05:56 PM by RocketSauce »

*fact*

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2018, 02:11:02 PM »

Doesn't have to be a worshippable diety. A belief in anything beyond our own dimensional existence that created the universe. Any 'higher power'. This does not mean who/whatever is omnipotent, has an afterlife for us humans, gives a shit about humans on Earth or has some kind of moral or ethical code. Could be looooong gone now. It could be the universe itself is one living entity. Who the hell knows? I talk about the atheists who have closed their minds to any possibility that anything outside their understanding or view of the universe is all there is to see. I do not regard these people as intelligent. The intelligent ones (like the famous Einstein) had an open mind.

I do not believe the Earth is flat or any God currently worshipped here on Earth. It is unknown. Unknown does not mean non existent or impossible. Check your facts about someone before you spew your shit

You're*

Shifter is not talking about possibility.... he is all in to the point of flat earth....

#irrational

Same advice, as above.

Know your place