Poll

What qualifies as consent in a normal sexual encounter (meaning not in a context where the potential victim has been intimidated/coerced/forced into sex etc.)

Pfff consent is not needed... Rape away!
0 (0%)
You generally should stop at "no", but sometimes depending on the context it may mean yes.
2 (18.2%)
No means no, but in some cases it's not rape unless you get an explicit no, or something similar.
6 (54.5%)
An explicit yes is always needed, anything else is rape.
1 (9.1%)
An explicit yes is not enough, it's got to be enthusiastic and constantly reaffirmed, otherwise it's rape.
0 (0%)
It's rape regardless of consent if the victim did not enjoy it.
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Consent

• 116 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
Re: Consent
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2018, 05:11:34 AM »
if you've never had sex with the woman before, yes it could be considered rape and you shouldn't be laughed at for reporting it as such. If you and the woman had made with the sex before, particularly the night before

So, for a waman, consent lasts for 12-24 hours, got it.

How long does consent for men last?

Is it also 12-24 hours?
I honestly don't see how you get that out of what you quoted or anything else I've said in this thread. Please at least try to be genuine with your discussions.

Because you said that sex the night before implied consent the next morning for the waman.
I was wondering if this was the same for the man.

Feel free not to answer.
You left out the last part of my quote which clearly answers your question. Seriously, can you not be honest when you have discussions?
Srs question for the bleeding hearts here. (Duck)

I was woken up in a very pleasant way by a very nice girl on the weekend. I was asleep so I obviously couldn't consent in the strictest sense.

Was I raped?
Srlsy???

If I reported this as a rape would I be taken seriously or laughed out the door?
I don't know what thread you've been reading, but I'm far from a bleeding heart.
For your situation, if you've never had sex with the woman before, yes it could be considered rape and you shouldn't be laughed at for reporting it as such. If you and the woman had made with the sex before, particularly the night before, then it's only rape if you tell her to stop and she doesn't.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2018, 05:19:19 AM »
The situation I described the male was initially asleep and unable to give consent.

Was it rape?

Sorry but who's being dishonest?
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2018, 05:23:30 AM »
I'm a bit confused, how did she have sex with him while he was asleep?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2018, 05:24:29 AM »
Never been woken up with a bj hey?
I'm anti-judaism.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2018, 05:25:40 AM »
The situation I described the male was initially asleep and unable to give consent.

Was it rape?

Try reading my response again. I clearly answered your question.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Pezevenk

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2018, 05:33:32 AM »
But... then you've waken up... You're not asleep... You can say if it bothers you.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2018, 05:42:50 AM »

Was it rape?

Try reading my response again. I clearly answered your question.

Sure you did.

But... then you've waken up... You're not asleep... You can say if it bothers you.

That's true, I'm just trying to point out the double standard that if a male did that to a female it would be considered sexual assault / rape. If a female did that to a male it's fine because, well.

While I agree with the meme, we never have a conversation about the double standard.
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2018, 05:57:23 AM »
That's true, I'm just trying to point out the double standard that if a male did that to a female it would be considered sexual assault / rape.
I'm not sure it would be considered sexual assault if they slept together that last night (depending on what it was, if penetration was involved that's different). If they hadn't it's a different story. I mean, if some random girl I shared a room with or something just came and started sucking my dick while I was asleep I'd be kinda creeped out too. And I'm actually fine with men in general having a bit more responsibility about those matters, because they are in general a bit more intimidating, and they can get more aggressive sexually, simply because of physical differences and how sex works for either party.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2018, 06:01:01 AM »
That's true, I'm just trying to point out the double standard that if a male did that to a female it would be considered sexual assault / rape.
I'm not sure it would be considered sexual assault if they slept together that last night (depending on what it was, if penetration was involved that's different). If they hadn't it's a different story. I mean, if some random girl I shared a room with or something just came and started sucking my dick while I was asleep I'd be kinda creeped out too. And I'm actually fine with men in general having a bit more responsibility about those matters, because they are in general a bit more intimidating, and they can get more aggressive sexually, simply because of physical differences and how sex works for either party.

I agree, men and women are different. Yet we can't treat men and women differently it's 2018, yet women need to have more protections against sexual assault, women get lesser sentances for comparable violent crimes etc.

Again I'm pointing out the double standard of modern feminism and their idea of "rape culture."
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2018, 06:16:21 AM »
I agree, men and women are different. Yet we can't treat men and women differently it's 2018, yet women need to have more protections against sexual assault, women get lesser sentances for comparable violent crimes etc.

You should treat them differently in matters directly pertaining to their physical differences, that makes sense. And I think it also makes sense to have more protection for women against sexual assault, given that they're overwhelmingly more likely to be victims of sexaul assault. But I also think there should be more consideration for male victims of sexual assault than there is now.

Again I'm pointing out the double standard of modern feminism and their idea of "rape culture."
What does any of this have to do with rape culture?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2018, 06:18:19 AM »
Well, none of these poll options really agree with me. Personally, I think you can ask for consent without going "do you want to do this?". For instance, you can suggest doing something and see how that person responds; they could say "not now" or they could be into it and respond earnestly. That, for me, counts as a consent. And consent can be taken back at any time, and there should always be a way for all involved parties to retract their consent at any time (eg safewords, safe gestures like snapping your fingers, etc).
The Earth is a dodecahedron.

Pezevenk

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2018, 06:23:03 AM »
Well, none of these poll options really agree with me. Personally, I think you can ask for consent without going "do you want to do this?". For instance, you can suggest doing something and see how that person responds; they could say "not now" or they could be into it and respond earnestly. That, for me, counts as a consent. And consent can be taken back at any time, and there should always be a way for all involved parties to retract their consent at any time (eg safewords, safe gestures like snapping your fingers, etc).
By "yes" and "no" I don't necessarily mean actually saying these words in particular. "Not now" for example would be a "no".

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2018, 06:35:58 AM »

You should treat them differently

#

Rape, that the definition of rape and sexual assault is different for men and women, also the double standard.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2018, 06:39:44 AM »
there should always be a way for all involved parties to retract their consent at any time (eg safewords, safe gestures like snapping your fingers, etc).

Dude what the f*ck are you into, keep it on the nsfw boards please lmao.
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2018, 06:40:56 AM »

Rape, that the definition of rape and sexual assault is different for men and women, also the double standard.
Again, what do you think this says about the concept of rape culture?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2018, 06:44:55 AM »

Sometimes I forget I'm dealing with normies and how you need everything fed to you.

Here comes the aeroplane.

"What does rape have to do with rape culture."

Getting past the obvious stupidity of that question...
When the definitions of rape for men and women are different and then used to justify calling the culture in western nations a "rape culture"
I'm anti-judaism.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2018, 06:49:41 AM »
Save your text messages. They have saved numerous men from women with a regret=rape mindset.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Pezevenk

« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2018, 07:25:58 AM »

Sometimes I forget I'm dealing with normies and how you need everything fed to you.

Maybe you could just answer why you think that refutes rape culture or something instead of just throwing that there.

When the definitions of rape for men and women are different and then used to justify calling the culture in western nations a "rape culture"
What? How? Maybe you just don't understand what "rape culture" means.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2018, 07:54:55 AM »
While I agree the definition is stupid, the punishment for 'rape of men' (I think it's just called sexual assault in law) and rape of women are usually the same, so it doesn't really matter.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Pezevenk

« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure rape of men is legally recognized. It's either when they're penetrated by other men or forced to penetrate a woman.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure rape of men is legally recognized. It's either when they're penetrated by other men or forced to penetrate a woman.
Depends on the country.
In my country, rape is defined in a way it legally can only happen to women. I think in the US it's the same.

Member of the BOTD

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2018, 12:41:41 PM »
I'm no expert, but it seems like that might not be the case? It seems it's pretty clearly defined that it can happen to both men and women.

Pezevenk

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2018, 01:35:09 PM »
I'm no expert, but it seems like that might not be the case? It seems it's pretty clearly defined that it can happen to both men and women.

But he's definitely not Swedish!!!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »

He's kinda stupid, it is known.

Member of the BOTD

Pezevenk

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2018, 01:48:22 PM »
Talking about Sweden, I recently found out that Sweden became the first European country to declassify homosexuality as a mental illness in 1979 because activists for gay rights used the framework of the law to get a sick leave from work for being gay.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2018, 01:58:56 PM »

Oh yeah. He's very definitely Definitely Not Swedish.