Were-penguin, player's thread

• 638 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Were-penguin, player's thread
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2018, 10:44:43 AM »
Invitation = investigation in my last post. My effing new phone doesn't autocorrect the right way yet.

I'll read up the rules regarding that situation a little more.  But I don't think werepenguins are allowed to refuse to kill someone.

The last of the light of day is now fading.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #301 on: July 17, 2018, 10:58:28 AM »
Typically, a no kill night would only be possible if both penguins had to reach a consensus and couldn't. It makes sense that if 1 penguin were absent, the other would get to feast in his or her place.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2018, 10:59:38 AM »
The votes have been cast and BHS's fate has been sealed.  He turns and runs, taking the keys to the Volkswagen bus from the corpse of Scarlet.  The rest of the mob piles onto a 1960's era moped.  BHS barely manages to ascend the peak but the moped is after him.  He turns into the city of Glasgow to try to lose them.  This might have worked but driving on the left side of the road tripped him up and he plowed through 3 fruit stands, 8 panes of glass and a tub of whipped cream before finally stopping short of hitting a dual baby stroller.  This attracts the attention of the lynch mob and the police. 

BHS realizes that his only chance would be to escape to the last place they would possible suspect him, Ben Lawers Scotland.  He sneaks back up there and relaxes with a mojito.  He starts to feel woozy.  He realizes his mojito has been spiked.  The last thing he seems before he passes out is the lynch mob standing above him.

The mob, being tired from the chase, begins to dig a grave but upon realizes that they don't have full size shovels and that the ground is very hard they settled on a shallow grave.  But even this becomes too challenging and they dig a hole 3 feet deep and about 2 feet in circumference.  The mob, perhaps out of sheer laziness, forgoes the crucial step of actuall executing BHS before hand and burries him head first vertically in the shallow grave.

His arms and head burried and his waist and legs still in the air, something falls loose from his pocket.  It's an original never before seen manuscript written by Samuel Robowtham.  But it appears that the manualscript was written in in ancient flat earth speak.  Who here could read such a thing?

Out of his other pocket is a notebook.  On the very last page are written a great many maths and figures, most of which are unrecognizable.  At the very bottom of the page it says "Shifter = not a were-penguin".

Additionally, several letters fall out of his pockets where he describes the members of the lynch mob in glowing terms.  Telling his great grandchildren not to worry about him in the blood moon summit and that the people he's travelling with are absolutely trustworthy.  There are also plans to offer several members jobs starting up a bed and breakfast business in an abandoned lighthouse off the coast of Oregon.

The one True Flat Earth Scientist is no more.  Done in by those he sought to protect.

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

------------------------------

Night falls and the ghosts of the slain rise to once again speak to the living.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2018, 11:02:53 AM »
Oh. Poop.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

DuckDodgers

« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2018, 11:08:21 AM »
Now for this mystery 3rd person of safety. I still say we had the dumbest possible psychic, outting himself right away and then drawing more attention by giving the possibility of penguinity.

« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2018, 11:18:41 AM »
Whatever, if we hadn't gotten him the penguins probably would have anyway. I guess this means that Shifter is safe. I have my eye on Pez and SCG is kind of giving a vibe too.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »
Well that sucks, I was sure he was covering up his penguin nature.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2018, 11:52:06 AM »
Now for this mystery 3rd person of safety. I still say we had the dumbest possible psychic, outting himself right away and then drawing more attention by giving the possibility of penguinity.
Seconded. And using the first night to verify Shifter of all people. I mean, why? If memory serves Pez and Boydster were the main suspects back then, maybe Wesker, the smart thing would have been to see if one of them was a penguin. Shifter wasn't seriously on anyone's radar.
But no, he goes for his bestie. Add into that his reaction to being accused and I think he just took this whole thing too personally. Especially given Shifter trusted him implicitly.

Back to the drawing board...
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2018, 01:01:54 PM »
Futhermucker.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »
Lol that was funny. I love these stories.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2018, 01:52:07 PM »
Mister Cruton is a great narrator.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2018, 01:58:31 PM »
Oh, by the way, Shifter is totally dead now. Since now everyone knows he's no penguin, the penguins will have to kill him, since otherwise they'll have no shot at winning when numbers decrease. Adieux, sweet prince.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

DuckDodgers

« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2018, 02:08:21 PM »
You could have not said that.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #313 on: July 17, 2018, 02:17:44 PM »
Unless he's trying to seem more valuable by making an accurate prediction. Pez was pretty high on our list of suspects before the whole BHS debacle.

How does everyone feel about doing the suspects-runthrough like we did the first night? Too risky to do again, or worthwhile?

Pezevenk

« Reply #314 on: July 17, 2018, 02:18:23 PM »
1) We know Shifter isn't a penguin, the remaining users are probably smart enough to figure it out on their own.
2) It's Shifter, who cares?

No hard feels, Shifter, I'm joking.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #315 on: July 17, 2018, 02:20:33 PM »
Top suspects to me are:
Jane: She tries too hard to seem like a normal citizen.
Boyster: I can't pinpoint exactly why, but he seems suspicious to me. Also for some reason I feel he'd target moose.
Wesker: He's Wesker.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

DuckDodgers

« Reply #316 on: July 17, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »
1) We know Shifter isn't a penguin, the remaining users are probably smart enough to figure it out on their own.
2) It's Shifter, who cares?

No hard feels, Shifter, I'm joking.
Yes, you're correct in both. But there is always the slimmest chance of 1 person in particular being slightly oblivious to what their next move should be. Just sayin.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #317 on: July 17, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »
I am so tempted to sig that.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #318 on: July 17, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »
My top suspects are still Pez and SCG. There are only 2 people I'm really confident about and that's shifter and jroa being human.  I'm pretty certain boydster is human also, but less confident than about those 2.

Pez was basically the nail I'm the coffin for BHS, which came after some serious doubts about him being a penguin were raised. You can say this was done just to get his disruptive play style out of the game, but it's still suspicious to me. SCG has still yet to weigh in on anyone's guilty beyond voting for BHS, that is highly suspicious to me.

Pezevenk

« Reply #319 on: July 17, 2018, 02:30:24 PM »
I am so tempted to sig that.
Do it.

My top suspects are still Pez and SCG. There are only 2 people I'm really confident about and that's shifter and jroa being human.  I'm pretty certain boydster is human also, but less confident than about those 2.

Pez was basically the nail I'm the coffin for BHS, which came after some serious doubts about him being a penguin were raised. You can say this was done just to get his disruptive play style out of the game, but it's still suspicious to me. SCG has still yet to weigh in on anyone's guilty beyond voting for BHS, that is highly suspicious to me.
The nail to the coffin of BHS was BHS announcing he's the fucking Scientist like an idiot. Who does that??

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2018, 02:39:17 PM »
Top suspects for me:

Boydster - Did suspect him on the first day, now I'm not sure what to think. Neither of the decisions he pushed for have ended up well for us. Sure, he convinced me and others, but he was if I recall the first to talk peace and one of the first to lynch BHS.
Pez - Got to go back to day one. The main thing that made people look away from him was suspecting BHS, now that's gone he still seems likely, if not more so.
Wesker - Maniacal laugh, gets suspected, then vanishes. All in all pretty suspicious.

Lower down suspects:

SCG - Like Roundy says, coming out of nowhere to vote was weird, but equally there are several quieter users and it wasn't as though BHS needed any more votes to be lynched, even back then. Still, something's off.
DuckDodgers - Is being smart, but is also potentially trying too hard to be smart. Could easily be a penguin trying to be above suspicion. Alternatively I am overthinking this and he genuinely is above suspicion.

Probably human:
Roundy, jroa, Shifter.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2018, 02:49:11 PM »
You guys did a really stupid thing voting for BHS. The idea that you should vote for someone 'because then you learn something' is the logic of a penguin!

You guys cant afford to risk the lives of an innocent. You dont have the numbers to back you up later of it falls to shit. And believe me, it really has fallen to shit now.

Guaranteed if you didn't lynch BHS, the penguins would have got him tonight. Instead, you killed him (making yourselves no better than a penguin) and now another innocent (me) will be gone. That's another 2 down.

So a voting block is good in the absence of information. Also, blocking the lynch would have provided you with information afterall. If BHS lived the might, he was probably lying. If he died, well he was telling the truth and you guys would have had more confidence when he said I was safe that it was the truth.

I think it should be obvious by now that Pezevenk is a penguin. I have a suspicion SCG is too but after reading Pezevenks posts and conduct and after ensuring BHS fate and not seeming so cut up about it i strongly suggest you VOTE TO LYNCH PEZEVENK in the next round of voting. You guys need to play smart and get consensus.

There will be one other apart from Pezevenk who will not suggest you vote for him (too late for me). That other one will thus show their hand at also being a penguin. If that penguin is smart they will also play along and vote their fellow penguin to death

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #322 on: July 17, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »
Probably human:
Roundy, jroa, Shifter.

Shifter is Definitely human :) I have a good suspicion Ichimaru is also human given he has not logged on to kill anyone although he's kind of a wasted member not participating in the game. I think if someone hasn't participated by Day 2, they should meet some sort of tragic demise (to encourage everyone to play)

You can be sure Pez is a penguin. I am strongly suspicious of SCG. Had you all voted along with me and BHS we could have taken her out and known for sure. Then because Pez is so obvious, he would have no where to hide. Instead you voted along personality politics and destroyed our one good shot at taking down a penguin.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2018, 03:12:37 PM »
You can be sure Pez is a penguin. I am strongly suspicious of SCG. Had you all voted along with me and BHS we could have taken her out and known for sure. Then because Pez is so obvious, he would have no where to hide. Instead you voted along personality politics and destroyed our one good shot at taking down a penguin.
Seriously, stop acting like it was personality politics and not the fact that BHS was acting so mind-numbingly guilty that even someone who'd never met him like Roundy thought so.
You're biased, we get it. You believed it with utter certainty when a random person PMed you and said he was the psychic despite the fact he had no evidence he wasn't just a penguin that knew you weren't one because he knew who the other was. You are not doing your credibility any favours if you keep harping on like that, and it's a damn shame because you are, and I can't believe I'm saying this, literally the only person we can be sure of trusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #324 on: July 17, 2018, 03:17:15 PM »
Seriously, stop acting like it was personality politics and not the fact that BHS was acting so mind-numbingly guilty that even someone who'd never met him like Roundy thought so.
You're biased, we get it. You believed it with utter certainty when a random person PMed you and said he was the psychic despite the fact he had no evidence he wasn't just a penguin that knew you weren't one because he knew who the other was. You are not doing your credibility any favours if you keep harping on like that, and it's a damn shame because you are, and I can't believe I'm saying this, literally the only person we can be sure of trusting.

Then trust me when I say Pez is a penguin. And I spelled that in a way the filter fixes it ;)

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #325 on: July 17, 2018, 03:24:13 PM »
It was BHS's crazy style of playing that got him suspected and lynched. There were so many better ways for him to go about building up his coalition with you, chief among them: not announcing what he was, and then acting shifty about it and trying to walk it back afterwards. So, yes, I voted to lynch him and he was human, that sucks because we need more humans, but he was acting like a penguin. Especially right at the beginning when he started posting.

There are some people I feel pretty safe having around. There are definitely some I'm concerned about. Wesker, SCG, and Pez top my list of people I'm concerned about. Shifter (obviously) and DuckDodgers, I'm pretty confident are human. I think jroa is too, but then, the post he made here when I tried to talk strategy privately with him and Duck prior to their lynch votes being cast gives me a little bit of pause.

« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »
I agree with Shifter, unless we somehow get new and damning information on someone else or someone has some new insight that changes things our best bet to lynch next is Pez. After him I would go SCG, Wesker, and then probably jroa but that last is more a vague feeling than anything else.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »
It was BHS's crazy style of playing that got him suspected and lynched. There were so many better ways for him to go about building up his coalition with you, chief among them: not announcing what he was, and then acting shifty about it and trying to walk it back afterwards. So, yes, I voted to lynch him and he was human, that sucks because we need more humans, but he was acting like a penguin. Especially right at the beginning when he started posting.

There are some people I feel pretty safe having around. There are definitely some I'm concerned about. Wesker, SCG, and Pez top my list of people I'm concerned about. Shifter (obviously) and DuckDodgers, I'm pretty confident are human. I think jroa is too, but then, the post he made here when I tried to talk strategy privately with him and Duck prior to their lynch votes being cast gives me a little bit of pause.

What are peoples take on Ichimaru? Because he is not participating and not voting it essentially reduces the number. If the penguins are smart, in the interests of keeping the games viability and excitement and activity going longer they should take out the deadwood first.

There should be some rule or something which prevents non players from taking up player spots. Maybe they suffer some kind of 'accident' or something. But of course, if the non player is a penguin, that mucks that up lol

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2018, 03:39:32 PM »
How can you all be so sure DuckDodgers is not a penguin? Everyone still alive is suspect (except Shifter, obv).

I voted to lynch BHS because he was acting like someone trying to convince everyone he wasn't guilty. He is the boy who cried wolf.

The only people I don't suspect are Ichi and Wesker. They're just not playing the game, and as far as I can tell Ichi hasn't even logged onto the forum since last week. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2018, 03:44:21 PM »
The only people I don't suspect are Ichi and Wesker. They're just not playing the game, and as far as I can tell Ichi hasn't even logged onto the forum since last week.

Penguins can be cunning like that.