Were-penguin, player's thread

• 638 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Were-penguin, player's thread
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2018, 05:07:35 AM »
I vote for lynching boydster.  If I am wrong, lynch me next. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2018, 06:33:18 AM »

I'm half tempted to go along with everyone else's plan just to get these two out of the game if this is how they want to act.
I'm siding with this. We've five votes for BHS, and if it's a tie we learn nothing, like Boydster said. Ichi excluded, we only have three votes left. If he's a penguin, that's several days more we live. If he's the psychic, we have the benefit of his past posts to draw upon when we actually know their significance. If he's a villager, that gives me a few thoughts about who the true psychic really is, though obviously don't want to say any of them where the penguins can see.
If he survives, we've got to contend with someone who lashes out at anyone suspicious of them, and we learn nothing so we're in the same boat as the end of day one with one fewer person. And after night one we're probably going to lose Ichi and so learn nothing else from the penguins. I've said it since the start; division is the absolute worst thing for us.

Six hours until we know for sure!

Sounds like a crappy idea. Don't like the way 2 people behave so kill them. And when they are found to be innocent? You've wasted 2 opportunities to kill 2 penguins and save your lives.

Forget personality politics for one moment. To beat this game you need to use sound logical deductive reasoning. Which so far none of you are doing (or doing well) Boydster is trying but he is most definitely wrong with his assumptions on me. Of that you can be sure. Makes me question the validity of his other findings.

Mark my words.... Space Cowgirl is one of the penguins. After this is all done and dusted you will all beat your heads against a wall and cry 'we should have listened to Shifter'

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2018, 06:43:14 AM »
BHS' fate is sealed at this point with Jroa's vote. I don't think BHS is a penguin, but it can't be helped now. I also can't say for sure that boydster isn't a penguin, but I have a pretty strong feeling he isn't if Jroa is voting for him.

I truly think it's Pez and SCG as the penguins.

I vote to lynch SCG.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2018, 06:52:57 AM »
Ichimaru Gin :] hasn't said a thing or participated that I can see. Last online July 12. Is there some other fate that can befall the deadwood participants?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2018, 07:03:58 AM »
For all Shifter's complaints we're not using logic, that's one thing we're definitely doing. Personal likes and dislikes don't enter into it, despite their lashing out.
And because of that, if BHS is innocent as more people seem to think, I've still got my eye on Shifter because the one thing that makes less sense than how BHS has acted is Shifter's adamant defense. If BHS is the psychic, Shifter would only have BHS's word for that. Maybe it's a personal friendship, but you really can't take this kind of game personally. Shifter is taking one hell of a risk here because if it turns out BHS lied and is the penguin, all eyes are going to go to the only one that's been trying constantly to divert attention away. It's impossible to be sure that anyone is not the penguin though.
But if Shifter is a penguin, he would know if BHS is not, and more than that it would kind of suit him perfectly to give such an impassioned plea for someone that he would know to be innocent. Risk-free. Shifter seems to be almost the only one of us that never suspected BHS, and with five votes for BHS that's at least three of us that aren't penguins and were taken in. Shifter meanwhile was certain.

Hrm. Just suspicions.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #275 on: July 17, 2018, 07:07:04 AM »
4 hours til sunset.

2 votes remain.  Both are needed to tie SCG and BHS.

Will Ichimaru and Wesker save the day?

Who are the were-penguins?

And is there a possibility that the narrator severely botched the drawing and drew himself as both were-penguins?

What a twist!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #276 on: July 17, 2018, 07:13:23 AM »
And is there a possibility that the narrator severely botched the drawing and drew himself as both were-penguins?

I WARNED YOU ALLLL
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #277 on: July 17, 2018, 07:26:14 AM »
An example of logic an reason when working out who is at least NOT a werepenguin

Ichimaru Gin :] has not been online since the game started. If he were a werepenguin he would need to send a PM to request who he wants killed. If by the time the next person has been killed and he has not logged on, you can be sure he is innocent.

Know your place

DuckDodgers

« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2018, 07:28:31 AM »
Little good that info does if he doesn't come on line at all to participate in the votes though.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2018, 07:30:26 AM »
The pre-deceased:
1 boydster
2 Albert Wesker
3 Space Cowgirl
4 Pezevenk
5 Ichimaru Gin :]
6 Shifter
7 DuckDodgers
8 Jane
9 Roundy2.0
10 BabyHighSpeed
11 jroa

Quote from: Lord Wilmore
For two Wolves to win, there must only be 8 Villagers left (i.e. 10 players overall).

Uh. Guys.
If it isn't BHS, we're screwed, whether we lynch or not.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2018, 07:34:47 AM »
Those are some dumb rules

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2018, 07:38:45 AM »

It makes sense in person I think, when you have body language etc. Or more players, it'd be more days to cut down that much. Or just if you expect games to potentially be comparatively short, this is 3/4 real life days we're talking about.
At least it's a suitably grand finale. Actual tension as to whether or not it's BHS. If it is, we're in business. If it's not, we'll fall to beak and flipper.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2018, 07:43:04 AM »
I could understand a 2:1 ratio or maybe even a 3:1, but 4:1 just seems asinine. It's also suspicious you'd just now bring this up after advocating peace day 1. You're a penguin!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2018, 07:47:05 AM »
I can't imagine anyone but a penguin flipping out like this at the prospect of being lynched. If it's not BHS, then it is definitely Shifter. Threatening to kill himself if his bff is lynched is a desperate over the top reaction to try to make himself seem innocent.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #284 on: July 17, 2018, 07:48:47 AM »
Under those rules, we had a maximum of 1 attempt to get it right for the lynching.  Whether day 1 or day 2,the lynch and penguin feast brings it to 10, thus ending the game under Wilmore rules.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #285 on: July 17, 2018, 07:51:18 AM »

I agree.  That's why I changed the rules to total annihilation.

Penguins

For the Penguins, they need to kill all of the villagers.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #286 on: July 17, 2018, 07:53:08 AM »
I could understand a 2:1 ratio or maybe even a 3:1, but 4:1 just seems asinine. It's also suspicious you'd just now bring this up after advocating peace day 1. You're a penguin!
If we'd killed on day one, we'd have died on night one. This way at least we got more data. Whether or not it was right...

Eh, there are arguments both ways. I think the biggest problem is a too high a ratio of wolf to person from the start. We needed more volunteers. We're probably right on the cusp between having one wolf and having two.

I agree.  That's why I changed the rules to total annihilation.

Penguins

For the Penguins, they need to kill all of the villagers.

Ah! Didn't see that. I did look for the condition in the OP, must've slipped over it.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #287 on: July 17, 2018, 07:53:44 AM »
Well technically the penguins would need to outnumber the villagers since at that point there's no way the villagers could win.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #288 on: July 17, 2018, 07:57:29 AM »
I'm curious who and how BHS knows a 3rd person is safe.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #289 on: July 17, 2018, 08:20:57 AM »
I'm curious who and how BHS knows a 3rd person is safe.
That's another question for Crouton!
While the psychic isn't allowed to come forth and just say they're the psychic, if BHS is the psychic which we'll find out one way or the other upon his death, can his ghost use the night to say what he found out? That'd give us someone we can trust.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #290 on: July 17, 2018, 08:25:50 AM »
5. Don't post during the day-cycle of the game if you have been killed. Dead players can only talk at night. Just to be clear, lynches happen during the day and werePenguins/True Flat Earth Scientist PM at night. Check my last update; if a lynch is on, it's daytime. If I've asked the Penguins/True Flat Earth Scientist to PM, it's night.

6. The True Flat Earth Scientist cannot tell people they are the True Flat Earth Scientist (at least not within this topic). Obviously, I cannot control what you do elsewhere (PM, IM, IRC etc.), but beware; with the True Flat Earth Scientist, not all may be as it seems...

There has only been one night in the game. The Scientist couldn't have made more than one guess, so can only be sure of him/herself and one other person.

Trying to make people think you're the Scientist without outright claiming it in the thread would be a good strategy for a penguin to use. Claiming to know that 3 people are safe was a dumb mistake, even your bff will lie to you in this game.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #291 on: July 17, 2018, 08:39:07 AM »
I'm looking forward to lynching BHS and exposing him for the rat penguin that he is. In my gut I still feel like he's guilty.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #292 on: July 17, 2018, 08:44:26 AM »
Ok so we have some time still to work this out, even if BHS turns out to be a villager somehow.

I'm growing concerned about some other parties that were low on my radar before. But the info we learn after the lynching and the nightly murder will help resolve a lot, I think.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #293 on: July 17, 2018, 08:55:31 AM »
Oh great Lord Cruton, in all your carbohydratey goodness, I pray to you that you did not gift the power of sight to BHS. In your crumbs I pray, crunch crunch.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #294 on: July 17, 2018, 08:57:58 AM »
2 hours til sunset. 

There shall be answers.  And blood.  Well mostly blood really.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #295 on: July 17, 2018, 09:02:20 AM »
5. Don't post during the day-cycle of the game if you have been killed. Dead players can only talk at night. Just to be clear, lynches happen during the day and werePenguins/True Flat Earth Scientist PM at night. Check my last update; if a lynch is on, it's daytime. If I've asked the Penguins/True Flat Earth Scientist to PM, it's night.

6. The True Flat Earth Scientist cannot tell people they are the True Flat Earth Scientist (at least not within this topic). Obviously, I cannot control what you do elsewhere (PM, IM, IRC etc.), but beware; with the True Flat Earth Scientist, not all may be as it seems...

There has only been one night in the game. The Scientist couldn't have made more than one guess, so can only be sure of him/herself and one other person.

Trying to make people think you're the Scientist without outright claiming it in the thread would be a good strategy for a penguin to use. Claiming to know that 3 people are safe was a dumb mistake, even your bff will lie to you in this game.

If Ichimaru Gin :] doesn't go online in the next few hours, he is definitely not a penguin. I'm not the scientist but it's pretty easy to figure that out

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #296 on: July 17, 2018, 09:19:54 AM »

If Ichimaru Gin :] doesn't go online in the next few hours, he is definitely not a penguin. I'm not the scientist but it's pretty easy to figure that out

I should clarify this point.  In the event that a were-penguin is absent for that turn, I pass the responsibility to the other were-penguin.  So both were-penguins would have to be absent that day to miss a turn.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #297 on: July 17, 2018, 09:32:35 AM »
I think I have an idea about who the Scientist is... Obviously not going to say, to protect him from the penguins.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #298 on: July 17, 2018, 10:31:58 AM »

I should clarify this point.  In the event that a were-penguin is absent for that turn, I pass the responsibility to the other were-penguin.  So both were-penguins would have to be absent that day to miss a turn.

WHAT?! No, that's fucked up, because it a) impedes the invitation and b) could still allow for some intrigue if a penguin decides not to kill. It's a win-win for the game if this new rule is retracted. Plus, it messes with my calculus about suspicions and how to resolve them.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #299 on: July 17, 2018, 10:32:55 AM »
Invitation = investigation in my last post. My effing new phone doesn't autocorrect the right way yet.