How do you explain discrepancies within Gravity/UA?

• 10 Replies
« on: January 07, 2007, 03:59:41 PM »
Wikipedia has a table of different gravitational accelerations depending on where you are in the world. How do you explain this under UA? Wouldn’t every single city have a uniform acceleration of the same 9.8m/s value that is 1g?

Or is this all a conspiracy? (Once again, I am pro-RE in this post)

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 04:03:47 PM »
everything on the earth has the same speed IT IS UNIVERSIAL. i don't know what i am talkig about i just made that up
he kinds of equations that they have now are the kinds of equations you would get in an approximation scheme to some underlying theory, but nobody knows what the underlying theory is.

discover magazine

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 11:55:36 PM »
Bumpity
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 02:30:23 AM »
Great question, would be interesting to hear the answer.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 04:56:47 AM »
maybe the massive rocket pushing the FE through the void has to push sum areas faster to turn so as not to crash into alien flat worlds
 sphere is the simpliest shape in the universe....after the disk

Again with Earth's gravity
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 05:41:31 AM »
I am sorry to say you will probaly not get  a straight answer on this. As neither did I since I made almost the same exact post 2 days ago.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7705

I have notice in the short time of being on this forum, the FEers do not base their evidence on scientifically observable evidence; they just make up solutions to problems we pose them in their heads, making only sense to them.
This websites' irrationality rivals that of the resident troll fundamentalist Christians on the Richard Dawkins forum I am an avid member of.
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »
Time to switch to the FE side!

This is caused by certain stars being directly above a city or off to the side. Thus, the more stars there are over a certain city, the lower the gravity.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 03:29:10 PM »
Quote from: "zaudragon"
Time to switch to the FE side!

This is caused by certain stars being directly above a city or off to the side. Thus, the more stars there are over a certain city, the lower the gravity.

for this to work, the stars would have to be rather close

if they were close and we were to walk around a loctation where stars were close from far enough way(say about 400 mile radius) there would be a noticable shift in the location of the stars relative to each other.

noticing the night sky in texas is remarkably similar(I could not tell the difference) to that over greece, we can see that this is not the case.
quot;But I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them."
-Galileo Galilei

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 05:15:13 PM »
Quote from: "zaudragon"

Granted I'm not fully up to snuff in the studies of Retard 101 (The 'Flat Earth')

Wouldn't stars have NOTHING to do with the gravity on earth? According to the FE model, gravity is caused because the earth is moving upwards at a constant speed of 9.80 m/s (Which in itself does not work out. Because in that case, there would be no gravity. The earth would have to be moving ever faster, in fact it have to be moving 9.80 m/seconds squared for us to actually accelerate and feel gravity) According to the model, everything else is moving at the same rate (or acceleration, whatever). It seems that the FE model has no belief in a gravitational field between two objects. If it did, then they would have to explain why the sun and moon do not crash down upon us.

Therefore, that argument is entirely bologna.

?

18C

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 05:58:45 PM »
The pull of the moon across FE dispereses according to the RE theory, proving a difference in gravity over the flat earth.
Drama: The breakfast of champions.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 10:58:39 PM »
Quote from: "Kadover"
Wouldn't stars have NOTHING to do with the gravity on earth? According to the FE model, gravity is caused because the earth is moving upwards at a constant speed of 9.80 m/s (Which in itself does not work out. Because in that case, there would be no gravity. The earth would have to be moving ever faster, in fact it have to be moving 9.80 m/seconds squared for us to actually accelerate and feel gravity) According to the model, everything else is moving at the same rate (or acceleration, whatever). It seems that the FE model has no belief in a gravitational field between two objects. If it did, then they would have to explain why the sun and moon do not crash down upon us.

You clearly did not read the FAQ. The Earth has no gravity according to FE, you’re right. However, most other objects do. The Earth travels upward, with the rest of the universe, accelerating at 1g. We believe in gravitational fields. The sun and the moon do not crash down because it’s moving upward with the Earth; the Earth has no gravity of its own.

Most stars have gravity; that is why when you go up in altitude, gravity lessens. The stars are also about 300 miles high (probably a little more).

for this to work, the stars would have to be rather close

if they were close and we were to walk around a loctation where stars were close from far enough way(say about 400 mile radius) there would be a noticable shift in the location of the stars relative to each other.

noticing the night sky in texas is remarkably similar(I could not tell the difference) to that over greece, we can see that this is not the case.

DISCLAIMER: ALL OF THE BELOW IS NOT FE BUT MY IDEAS ONLY. THEY DO NOT REPRESENT THE IDEAS OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM.
The stars all are spotlights, and rotate was well, like the Sun and the Moon.
They produce the same effects as the Sun and the Moon do; you get “time zones”.
There is no noticeable shift relative to each other because they are all on one hemispherical sky/surface.
One thing no one mentioned: the fact that this might not make up for all of it. There are, in fact, other stars that emit spotlights away from the Earth, thus affecting gravity even more.