The Earth is a globe.

• 11 Replies
The Earth is a globe.
« on: July 10, 2018, 03:41:02 PM »
I have nothing against flat earthers, but I believe that the Earth is a globe and here are reasons why.

1. How do we get GPS and mobile signal if satellites and space travel is a hoax?

2. Related to the above question, how come we don't get mobile signal in remote areas?

3. Why can you look at the Moon through a telescope and physically see that it is a globe?

4. How are there videos and live streams of people talking and being interviewed in the ISS?

5. Why do planes take a curved flight path during trans-continental flights and it has been proven that it saves fuel? (aka curvature of the earth)

6. Why would governments and space agency workers of all countries agree to fool the world that it is a globe? Seriously, this makes no sense to me. Space travel has been around for around 77 years and no country or human that has worked at a space agency has ever "released" that the Earth is flat.

7. Space travel doesn't gain governments money, it loses them money. So, why would they spend billions of dollars just to fool people?

8. Why are there different time zones?

9. Why has no private company sent a rocket into space and then released that the Earth is flat?

10. Why is it planned weeks in advance when you can see the ISS and other satellites passing above? It can't be shooting stars or anything else because it is planned weeks in advance.

That's it for now, I'm tired and I don't feel like thinking of anything else, but if anyone can give me a valid answer with valid evidence for ALL TEN of these questions, then I might start believing.
EDIT: I would like to see some of your views on these questions so I could see how you can believe the Earth is flat, I don't want to seem demanding or anything.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:00:46 PM by globe_earth_believer »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: The Earth is a globe.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »
. . . if anyone can give me a valid answer with valid evidence for ALL TEN of these questions, then I might start believing.

You are free to believe anything you please.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 05:54:56 PM »
. . . if anyone can give me a valid answer with valid evidence for ALL TEN of these questions, then I might start believing.

I know, but I would like to be convinced into seeing how you guys believe that the Earth is flat.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 07:00:59 PM »

Sure, but flat earthers do not have the right to call NASA, their supporters liars, deceivers, Satanists and worse for believing that the earth is a Globe and that space exploration is genuine.

Not many on this site do that but some do and many "YouTube" flat earth video makers and their adoring fans do!
I one case a very well known Flat Earth poster on YouTube literally called another couple of posters "Satanists and pedophile lovers" for doing no more than present evidence that he did not like! I'll gives the names of all involved if you like.
Then here we have:
Flat Earth General / Re: The Earth is "Stationary" ? What do you mean? Message by dutchy on August 15, 2017, 06:17:07 AM
Re: NASA's 33 666s (Banned by IFERS) Reply #106 on: January 26, 2018, 06:06:13 PM
And even some moderators here claim that
Most of the employees who work for the satanists at NASA have nothing to do with launches and orbit and reentry.
So, Mr Bullwinkle, I'll do my best, poor though it might be, to refute this neo-Flat Earthism Cult any chance I get.
And it is a neo-Flat Earthism Cult, only starting in the 1800s and blooming with the free publicity these fake "truthers" can get on the internet.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 07:32:27 PM »

Sure, but flat earthers do not have the right to call NASA, their supporters liars, deceivers, Satanists and worse for believing that the earth is a Globe and that space exploration is genuine.

Are you sure about that?

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 08:01:27 PM »

Are you sure about that?
I think they do have the right. I really wish they'd stop doing that, but as far as I know, they have the right.

I often argue that if they monetize their videos they are obligated to tell only the truth, and provable falsehoods should make them liable for fraud. So far, nobody agrees with me.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 08:23:10 PM »

I often argue that if they monetize their videos they are obligated to tell only the truth, and provable falsehoods should make them liable for fraud. So far, nobody agrees with me.

You are not paying anyone and you are not the arbiter of truth.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 11:06:04 PM »

Are you sure about that?
Yes I'm sure that flat earthers do not have the right to call NASA "Satanists" or their supporters "Satanists and pedophile lovers" for no more than believing that the earth is a Globe and that space exploration is genuine.

Flat-earthers have every right to debate the issue logically and with sound evidence but not unsupported libellous claims like those.
And plenty of this site have made statements like, "the satanists at NASA" and accused those promoting the heliocentric solar system of "hiding God".

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 11:17:51 PM »

Are you sure about that?
Yes I'm sure that flat earthers do not have the right to call NASA "Satanists" or their supporters "Satanists and pedophile lovers" for no more than believing that the earth is a Globe and that space exploration is genuine.

Flat-earthers have every right to debate the issue logically and with sound evidence but not unsupported libellous claims like those.
And plenty of this site have made statements like, "the satanists at NASA" and accused those promoting the heliocentric solar system of "hiding God".

I agree it's thoroughly rude. You said there is no right to express a stupid opinion.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 12:28:47 AM »
I agree it's thoroughly rude. You said there is no right to express a stupid opinion.
I concede, oh wisest of the beasts!

But a court of law might not agree were those accusations published openly.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 02:27:41 AM »

You are not paying anyone and you are not the arbiter of truth.

I don't think he was claiming to be the arbiter of truth, in the sense of being nominated for, or having assumed that position. Just pointing out the moral and practical responsibility.
As for paying people, how else does youtube work?

JackBlack

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 02:47:30 PM »
But a court of law might not agree were those accusations published openly.
From what I have read it seems to depend upon the jurisdiction and a few other factors.
If you identify an individual then it is a problem, but it is more a civil issue than a criminal one and in some locations you need to show that there has been damage.
But just talking about a large group would be perfectly fine.